Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-09-2019, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 06:05 PM by Nyx.)

Sirius had told her that he was going to talk to Belle and let her know what they'd discussed in regards to her proposal. Zee'd spent the time pacing back and forth in her den, hoping desperately that it would all work out and that her treasured relationship with Deathbelle might not be broken. She still wasn't sure about how she felt about the arrangement, opening up their marriage to her felt like patching a hole in the grieving wolf's heart temporarily rather then permanently. Could she truly be happy in this relationship, knowing that there were aspects of a traditional marriage that she'd not be granted? Hell, that wasn't even considering the other Kleins and how well they'd look upon their empress asking entry into the life of two former slaves.

After a while, she'd decided to seek out her friend herself. Sirius had not yet returned to fill her in on the rest of the discussion and Zee could not stand waiting any longer. It was a much longer walk to Deathbelle's den then she was used to, and she'd made a note of asking Death if she was willing to move her quarters closer to Zee and Sirius if this arrangement worked out. She steeled herself, and then called out into the den. "Deathbelle?"

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
12-09-2019, 04:12 PM
[Image: zellehug.png]

In the end, Iolaire changed the Empress in many ways. So much so that she completely reconsidered her request to Zee and Sirius. Deathbelle wished to be close to them, but she didn’t deserve to be allowed into their marriage. She knew things would return to where they once were with Sirius. Io taught her how to be satisfied with what she had and not long after what she couldn’t. She could breath easily when she thought about her dearest friends.

The sound of Zee’s voice at the entrance of the den caused her thoughts to slip and she looked up from the tincture she had been working on. ”Zee?” She called back warmly, lifting herself to her paws to invite the queen into her quarters. Belle not realizing that Seer hd not spoken to Zee about what she said. She wanted the closeness, but she could be content in leaving the boundaries where they were. ”Come in,” She gestured as she appeared at the entrance.

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
12-11-2019, 08:17 PM

Deathbelle invited her in and Zee's head lowered slightly as she crossed the boundary. While she'd earned her new rank and risen above the title of servant she still felt inescapable loyalty and love for her Empress, and couldn't shake the feeling that something in her and Sirius' discussion had gone wrong and tarnished that relationship.

Deathbelle seemed warm enough of voice, and perhaps that meant things went well. She stepped closer, choosing to sit just inside the den's entrance rather then nuzzle her friend in greeting and share her warmth as was habit. "I'm sorry I sent Sirius to you rather then accompanying him." The small female started, gaze lowering with guilt. "He must have took a detour on his way home, not thinking I'd get impatient waiting to hear news." Her paw lifted to worry at the sparse layer of dirt upon the den floor, her chest heaving as she inhaled and exhaled a long breath. "Are... are we okay?"

"Speech"

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-12-2019, 07:48 AM

Deathbelle watched with lilac eyes as Zeitgeist slipped into the entrance but didn’t venture further. She seemed hesitant, especially when she would have come right to her side in normal circumstances. Belle reached forward to tousel the woman’s soft neck fur as she spoke. Sirius hadn’t told her sweet heart about their continued conversation. Belle’s mismatched ears fell to her skull as she relived her regret, however much Zee sounded guilty.

”Of course, sweet Zee.” She answered her kindly, the affection she felt for her clear in her voice. ”I shouldn’t have ever made the suggestion.” She further explained like she had to Sirius. ”I won’t cross those sacred barriers, but I do want to be closer to you.” Sirius made it clear that Zeitgeist was his wife, and Deathbelle knew she couldn’t ever share that title. She would never be a full member of their bond. ”I love you.” She wanted badly to close the distance between them, but hesitated as she awaited Zee’s reaction.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

12-13-2019, 01:35 PM

Zee gave a soft exhale of relief as Deathbelle tousled her fur, a smile touching her lips at the familiar touch. "I love you too." She responded easily, stepping forward to rub her muzzle against the other woman's cheek. "Though I've always seen you more as a sister then a lover." Her admittance came with a soft chuckle, and she sighed into her friend's fur.

This was what she'd always wanted from their relationship, and it was a relief for her to hear that their dynamic wouldn't be risked off Deathbelle's broken heart. But was it still shattered as it was a season ago? She'd sensed a change in her Empress, one for the better. "I can't help but think that maybe this change of heart has to do with a little healer?" Zee suggested playfully, stepping back from Deathbelle to give her a smile.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-13-2019, 04:28 PM

The relief from Zee wasn’t missed by the Empress as her dear friend welcomed her touch. She returned her confession of adoration easily and Belle’s dark lips pulled back in contentment. Deathbelle was content in her retraction, and Zee’s words made her even more sure. They were friends, close as sisters, and that was where their relationship would remain. The Klein goddess loved Zee and Seer both, but she had to be content with their familial love. ”Then your sister I will be.”

Their relationship changed greatly over the last almost year that Ashen remained standing. From gifted slave, to ruling Queen Deathbelle was glad to be part of Zee’s journey. Lilac eyes rested lovingly on the blue tinted woman’s form as she stepped back and offered teasing words. How much did Zee know about her affair with the dainty Iolaire?

”Yes,” Belle started bashfully, her dark cheeks suddenly flushing. ”She’s helped me to be stronger and to better cope with my circumstances.” And completely forget about them on more than one occasion. Iolaire had been exactly what she needed, and though their intimate relationship wouldn’t last she clung to the knowledge that the silver marked healer would always be there for her. Like Sirius and Zee. ”Iolaire is a very special wolf.” She offered quietly but with a tinge of loss, knowing she couldn’t claim the healer as her own any longer.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

12-15-2019, 04:12 PM

Zee saw the Empress' dark cheeks as they began to flush and knew her assumption was right. To be honest she knew very little about Deathbelle and Io's budding relationship, though from the way the healer spoke of her she'd assumed there was a story beginning to unfold. Though Deathbelle's voice seemed saddened as well, and Zee couldn't understand why she'd feel anything but happiness at finding another wolf to fill the hole in her heart. "I'm glad she's helped you." Zee began carefully, soft blue eyes set upon her friends' expression. "Why does it sound like there is a 'was' in that sentence?" She moved closer to come alongside Deathbelle rather then face her, her head lifting to rest upon the Empress' shoulder comfortingly. "Did it not end up working out?" Zee didn't know how much she was allowed to ask, how much her friend would be willing to say. She struggled with wanting to help while still wanting to respect Deathbelle's space.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-20-2019, 05:50 PM
Deathbelle revealed more than she had intended, but she wanted to be closer to Zee, part of that was opening up. Zee cared deeply for her, she could be vulnerable before her and know that she was safe. Her once handmaiden was sweet and gentle as she lay her head against the Empress’s shoulder and pressed lightly. She read between the lines and could see that the two of them were more than just fond of one another.

Belle felt the familiar tug of regret and leaned into Zee’s comforting embrace. She missed Io. ”The brightest flame burns out the quickest.” She said softly, trailing her claws over the ground in front of them absently. Her lilac gaze lingering there sadly. ”I love her.” She whispered, the confession very much true. She shook her head, willing herself not to shed the tears that lingered at the corner of her eyes. ”But we aren’t meant to be.”

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

12-21-2019, 12:28 AM

Zee's lips parted to allow a soft humorless chuckle to carry across, and she leaned into her Empress' head as it rested upon her shoulder. "This feels like Deja Vu, only seasons ago it was Sirius you insisted to me could not be." She sighed then, consumed by her friend's sorrows. "No one would judge you for choosing her, Death. You need to follow your heart for once and stop worrying about what's right." Zee did not know what it was holding her back; whether it was her family's opinion on lesser wolves like it had been for Sirius, or the fact that Io could not give her heirs to Ashen, or something else entirely. But she did know that Deathbelle had spent her life compromising for everyone else, and she needed to act for herself for once.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Zee remembered well the moment only seasons ago that Deathbelle had allowed Sirius to slip from her grasp. She had to let go of another wolf she fell in love with. She wondered if she wasn’t meant to find her other half. Deathbelle hoped for the courtship with Hannibal to turn into something real. She saw the change in him, saw the devotion in his eye along with the adoration. He could be her one and only, Belle just had to take that leap of faith.

Her once handmaiden tried to convince her that she should follow her heart, to do something for herself. Deathbelle couldn’t help the sad whine that slipped from her dark lips. She buried her features into Zee’s blue tinted coat. She shook her head into the queen’s fur as she tried to rid herself of her thoughts. ”I indulged in my selfish wants when I married Archon.” She confessed through hoarse vocals. ”I can’t. I have to think of Ashen first or…” Or I’ll lose the one love completely.

She hadn’t confessed these thoughts to anyone, not even Iolaire. Her fear that the next time she allowed herself to commit to someone or something because she wanted to, not for the good of the pack and family, she would lose them in a terrible way just like Archon was stolen from her.

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

12-22-2019, 12:00 AM

Zee sighed once more, her lips pursed in silence as her friend spoke into her fur. There was so little she knew about leading that it was perhaps true what Deathbelle said. Though to her it felt wrong to ignore true love for duty, and she promised herself she'd never let herself lose Sirius for something so silly. What good was it to be an Empress or a Queen if you could not be with the one who made you happy? "Archon brought Ashen blessings, too." She whispered hesitantly, thinking of the little ones who'd one day surpass Deathbelle herself. "It isn't selfish to follow your heart. I trust your instincts and your judgement. Do you not find strength in happiness? How could you be expected to bring Ashen to greatness with such regrets?" Though she spoke to Deathbelle, Zee thought of her own stresses. The worry that Sirius was too dangerous to produce children with, and how she'd not shared that information with him.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
12-23-2019, 08:41 AM
Deathbelle was indeed the Empress, but she had given away her chance to be with the one she truly loved to the woman who held her tightly, and questioned her decision to let Iolaire free as well. Seer was the first one to claim her heart, but he had rebuked her time and time again. Archon had been her heart’s desire, but after she had claimed him he was stolen away. Zee tried to convince her that she shouldn’t be afraid to follow her happiness.

The Empress pushed her features deeper into Zee’s fur, she couldn’t understand. She hadn’t been there when Archon was swallowed by the volcano. She couldn’t know the blatant warning mother nature, or god, or fate had given her. Losing Io like this was easier, she didn’t think she would recover if the dainty woman was killed after Belle allowed herself to indulge in her selfish needs. Iolaire was on the same page that she was, their relationship was beautiful but both women knew it wouldn’t last. If they continued on their path it would only lead to more pain.

”It’s better this way.” She said simply, knowing that the right decision had been made. Io wanted her to give Hannibal his chance, and despite how much it hurt to release the Armada healer she knew it was the right course. Her brother was a changed man, and he was eager to help ease her hurt. ”Ashen will be stronger for the sacrifice.” Though it hurt Belle knew it was true.