size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-30-2019, 03:09 PM
Each day she spent carting stones from outside the territory. Each evening she spent working with Sirius to ease his anxiety and night terrors. It had been weeks and they worked tirelessly. He had confessed that he felt a change, but there had still been a lot of work to do. Different techniques were applied. He had his exercises to do before he went to sleep. She had seen progress and so had he. Everything was working out swimmingly.

Again even showed its face. The sun was sinking and, after a long day of building her cottage and garden, the tiny woman was stoking the fire at the center of the common area. She'd dug it out and surrounded the pit with large stones. There were stacks of firewood nearby, but they would have to collect more once the pack moved here permanently. With a long stick, Io stirred the coals. Adding a bit of tinder, she soon had the fire going. No doubt Seer would soon show his face and they would continue with their work.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-30-2019, 03:18 PM
The scent of fire was becoming rather commonplace to the Warlord. The smoke in the air signalled that Io was already awake, and he would know exactly where to find it. He rose from his afternoon nap with yawn, feeling the calm of an easy sleep come over him. They had abandoned sleeping aids very early on, as the sensations of something pulling him into sleep was one he despised.

He had seen little of Zee over this time, through he had gone back and forth to the oasis and gotten updates from his wife. He missed her, and had the budding, hopeful desire that he could sleep beside her in the days to come.

The more they reflected on his past, the more the Warlord wondered, questioned, who had saved him. Who had found his ruined body amongst a field of corpses, and spared him. Perhaps it was an answer he would never have.

He pulled himself from the large den, stopping to look at the last touches he had added just this day to its creation. It was ready, was he? Was the volcano? He brushed past the heavy coat that acted as a door, and made his way towards the common area, the familiar shape of Io, sitting beside the flames. The evening air dark, and brisk behind her. “Sister” he said in pleasant greeting, as he took a seat beside the much smaller woman.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-30-2019, 03:28 PM
"Brother, " She said in return as the giant placed himself beside her.  She had heard him stir and had watched him exit his den. While the pack would be living underground,  she would be living above it. Her own abode was constructed into the side of one of the grass covered hills. The hills upon the plains weren't very substantial,  so she had been forced to dig out a large area leading up to it. Thank the gods for Ila. Hauling all of the diet away would have been a nightmare otherwise. 

Casting her gaze upwards to her brothers face,  tinged orange by the flickering firelight,  she asked,  "How are you feeling?" It was her normal introductory question.  If he was feeling off in any way,  they addressed the issue. He seemed rested,  but his own words would tell her if this was true.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-30-2019, 03:42 PM
“At peace” he explained, and it was true, to an extent. He would always have responsibility, and stress, but that was just life. The issue of his dreams seemed quelled, and he rarely dreamed at all these last few days. When he did, it was simply that, a dream. Whatever had fueled it to be life-like and threatening was depleted. Wasted away by Io’s careful consideration and attention. No more did he wake, thrashing, wondering which way was up or down.

A part of him questioned if it would be permanent, only for how powerfully they had plagued him before Io had come along. For the moment, he was content to believe that it had actually worked. Reliving the dream in his waking time, had calmed it in his sleeping. “And you, Io, how are you?” he glanced in the direction of the hill, he knew that Io had been spending a great deal of time working on the little cottage she would call home, and had offered his own help from time to time. When he wasn’t working on his den, the obelisk that sat beside her fire, with the pack-rules clearly etched into its surface, or the traps he had laid about the pack in the event that war ever came to them.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

12-30-2019, 04:06 PM
At peace, he claimed.  It was a good answer. One that she wanted and needed to hear. It was good for Ashen as a whole that the warlord was on the mend. He had taken to her therapy quickly. It was easier to treat someone who knew that they needed help and desperately wanted that help.  Sirius had wanted and needed her help.  She had given it and here they were.

The sun was gone and the moon wouldn't show its face tonight.  The world outside the fire was inky and dark. A thick blackness in which one could lose their way.  Only the dancing fire lit an otherwise blind world. 

Sirius asked after her own well being.  Her answer was the same as always.  "Fine, " She said.  "I'm always fine." Not entirely true,  but Iolaire didn't spill her feelings. She kept it together because she was the one that others relied on.  Though small,  she was a pillar of strength that others might lean against. Pillars didn't have emotional turmoil,  so neither did she.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-01-2020, 10:28 PM
Io truly was the sister he had always desired. She was a steady, comforting presence at his side, in a way so very different to Zee. well he had no physical attraction to the woman, he felt compelled to be in her presence. She was a cool lake to his fire, and he enjoyed the moments of peace she granted him. He loved her, and he knew that he would kill for her, or give his life for her. He did not love easily, the Titan Warlord, but when he did, he did so with all of his being. Io was his and any who tried to take or harm her would not survive his wrath.

The crackling of the fire filled the silence between them, and he continued to hold the feeling of relaxation that came from her presence, and a good night's sleep. When she spoke, he gave her a sideways glance, trying to judge for himself if what she had spoken was true. She had given hint already in the past that she did not sleep easily herself. Demons plagued her, even as they had plagued him. “You are not always so, but I trust your word” he said softly, having decided with a sort of absolution, to trust her. “But no if it ever changes, you may sit, or sleep beside me, always, and you will have my ear, if ever you need it.” he promised. Other than his vague sense of protectiveness over her, he did not feel he did enough for his beautiful sister.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-02-2020, 03:59 PM
The man's words were kind and they brought a soft smile to the dark woman's face. "Thank you, " was her only reply.  She appreciated the offer,  but she would never burden him with her troubles. Not unless she had no other choice. No... her mind was locked against the outside world.  If anything,  she'd talk to Ila.  The caribou didn't speak and so she was perfect for the job. 

In an effort to push the spotlight off of herself,  Io continued.  "The cottage is halfway built.  The fencing for the garden has been laid. We've a lovely fire pit. Everyone will be home before you know it." She couldn't wait to have a stable,  permanent home for everyone. "There's still so much to do." They needed more bodies. More warriors. They needed allies. It would take time,  but eventually the Armada would be heavily fortified.  A force to be reckoned with.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Sensing Io’s desire to change the subject, he allowed it to be so, but he worried about her still. Words had never been the strong point of the overlord, so he placed a paw gently over her small, fragile one, looked at her with a half smile, and let the conversation move on the pack and things larger than themselves.

“I finished digging out the cellar to store our meat, and building the den for Zee and the kids” kids that had not happened yet, but the man was nothing if not dogged and determined. “The rest will be finished soon, it’s just the wait for this damn volcano” he said, weary sigh escaping him. He and Io had been living under its wrath for a while now with no issues, but he occasionally felt a light rumble in the earth, and when the wind turned the ash fell down upon their territory. Just a little bit longer… he hoped

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-02-2020, 05:51 PM
She knew that he worried simply by his placement of paw. She didn't remove her own,  simply left it beneath his. If he knew what was inside her head,  he would have reason to worry.  Since he didn't,  she simply shot him a bright smile. 

Sirius spoke of all that he'd done so far.  Stores, a den for Zee and the kids.  Kids that could happen now,  thanks to their hard work together. Io found that she was quite excited about the prospect of being an aunt.  She was horrible with kids,  so it was a blessing that she couldn't have her own,  really, but it would be nice to see them grow. 

"Everything will come together. The winds are changing. The rumbling is lessening. We should be able to move everyone soon." She believed that this would go well for them.  Belief was a strong thing.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-02-2020, 07:36 PM
“I feel it too, and I agree” he said, and for the moment, her belief was enough. He could see brightness in their future. This pack, settling in the land he had picked and groomed for them. Children at his feet, warriors training, and pupils learning. It would be perfect.

“A part of the rules we created, is that all wolves will know basic self defense. I haven’t seen you fight, Io. would you take a friendly match with me? I promise not to squish you if you don’t go for the balls” he was finding, lately, that small wolves loved to pick this target.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-03-2020, 03:56 AM
Iolaire wrinkled her nose as Sirius suggested a spar. Was he kidding? He was a million times larger than she was. He'd crush her if he stumbled. She'd be bruised and she'd get dirty. this was not appealing at all.

"Sirius, I'm a complete coward. In the event of a fight, I'd turn tail and run." Yet she hadn't with the coyotes because she couldn't leave Deathbelle by herself. Absently the woman's tongue swept over the small, crescent shaken scar on her lower lip. She'd held her own. She'd completely freaked out after, but she'd held her own.

"Ugh, I don't know. Can't I just heal and cheer all of you warriors on from the sidelines?" She gestured to her small stature. "I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I'm small. If I get attacked, I'm done for."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-03-2020, 03:21 PM
A light, fondness smile graced his lips as he considered Io. “You know, when I first met Zee, she didn’t know how to fight?” he ventured forth the information. Did she know? His little wife was such a spitfire, but at first she had hated the lessons, and done her best to wiggle free of them. He had persevered, and now she could beat him in a fight.

“She didn’t want to learn, but I pressed on her, and taught her the basics, and more. She’s smaller than I am, but now she can beat me in a fight” he used this example, thinking she could relate to it more than any other fighting stories he could tell. “What if you and Deathbelle are attacked again, and alone? You fought them off this time, but what about next time? Perhaps you could flee for yourself, but I don’t believe you would flee for others. What if, worlds forbid, you were with my future children, and alone, and something attacked. This is vital and important to me that you can defend yourself, and others in your care. You are a high ranking wolf within my pack. The highest, excluding myself and Zee.” She may have tried to shrug it off nonchalant, but dammit. He had made this rule for a reason. He believed in it.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-04-2020, 04:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 07:08 AM by Iolaire.)
Sirius talked about his experience training a hesitant Zee. It did nothing to sway her feelings on the matter.  She and his wife were entirely different people.  It was only when he spoke of protecting his children that the woman's face became pinched as though she had eaten something sour. "Not fair, " She finally said and gave her head a shake.  "Not fair at all." Of course she would protect his children if she was the only line of defense between them and danger. Hopefully that situation never came about though. Someone else could fight. She'd take the babies and run.

With a huff,  Iolaire pointed at him with one paw. "Don't crush me,  don't sit on me,  don't get me too dirty." Shaking out her body in an attempt to limber up,  she took a step back.  "Okay,  what do I do?"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-10-2020, 05:19 PM
“I can promise the first two” the Warlord gently teased as Io got to her feet and readied herself with a shake. Sirius was quick to follow, pulling his bulk up, and standing a short distance away from the smaller wolf. He appraised her calmly for a moment, considering. “Alright, well first of all, your smaller and faster, you should learn to use that for your benefit” he lectured her. He fell into the familiar rhythms of teaching another wolf. Something he had discovered rather a strong love for.

“Let’s start with some quick attacks, and for the first round I won’t try to do anything except tap you. Feel free to dig your claws in” he grinned at her, wiggling his brows as he offered her the chance to get in some free hits with no retaliation. “Go for easy, but meaningful targets. Go for the backs of my legs, my neck, my ears. But, be careful if your going near the face of a large enemy” he instructed, standing still as he waited for her to attempt some of what he said.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-10-2020, 06:41 PM
The small wolf listened, pure skepticism on her dark features. She was a pup in comparison to his size. If she attacked him, she was just going to bounce off. Get herself hurt. Attack him? Bite his legs? Bite his ears? Meh. He wasn't going to let her get away without trying though, so she sighed and squared up.

Rushing forward, the tiny fae dipped to the right and attempted to slide her body beneath his in a trick maneuver that would land her on his other side. Once there, she would attempt to sink her teeth into his hind right knee. Blech... he better have washed.

Iolaire Akeldama vs Sirius Fatalis for Spar
Round 1/3
Size: Small
Build: Light
Skills: Advanced Healer & Beginner Intellectual
Specialty: N/A

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-10-2020, 06:57 PM
He welcomed her attack, holding himself in a loose position as he waited for the much smaller wolf to attack. He was grateful she was giving it a go, and knew she wasn’t happy about it.

He would go easier on Io then he had with Zee - partly because, Zee had been a slave, and because he intended for her to be a warrior. Well he wanted Io to learn to fight, he knew healing would be her path.

She slid beneath him, and he shook his head at her. “The time it would take you to slide under, is more than enough for me to collapse on you” he did not demonstrate this to her, having promised not to sit on or squash her. She sank her teeth into his skin, and he grimaced, gave her a moment, and then shook the limb. “Not bad, but always land your attacks and move again, don’t stay still when your taking on a larger opponent” he encouraged her.

Sirius Vs Iolaire for spar
Round one of three
Size: Dire Wolf
Build: Medium
Companion One: Extra large companion, Battle Vulture (plus 10%)
Companion Two: Snow Leopard (plus 10%)
Battle Accessory (Offensive): Bracers
Battle Accessory (Defensive): Bracers
Mutation 1: Fangs
Mutation 2: Claws
Fight Skill Level: Master
Specialty: Weaponsmaster

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-10-2020, 07:12 PM
For having never attacked anyone in her life, Iolaire thought that she did rather well. In her peripheral vision, however, she could see Sirius shake his head in disapproval. Her teeth unlatched from his leg as he told her just what she did wrong. A frown formed on the woman's face and she sat for a moment, trying to collect her thoughts. "I told you I'm no good at this."

She stood and eyed the giant before her. This whole thing was pointless, but if it would make him happy, she would continue. "I have no idea what I'm doing." Again the little wolf dove forward, this time her attack was more simple. She made for one back leg and attempted to latch onto one giant ankle. What else could she reach, really?

Iolaire Akeldama vs Sirius Fatalis for Spar
Round 2/3
Size: Small
Build: Light
Skills: Advanced Healer & Beginner Intellectual
Specialty: N/A