Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Heavy
player
01-11-2020, 07:50 PM
Cats. What would the world be like without those nosy, curiosity killing, butt perpetually in your face, adorable jerks? In my opinion Ardent is woefully lacking in feline presence. Can you remember the last time someone knocked something glass off a shelf? Went full tilt crackhead on a dust bunny? Serenaded the neighborhood at 2am? Yeah I can't remember anything like that ever happening either. We should fix that...

...with a cat gang.

I have the barest ideas at the moment. Code names, battle gear, initiation rituals. Raids for serious things, like food and weapons, and raids for mischief, just to show the mongrel dogs who's boss. What I do know for sure is that I want to involve everyone who is interested. So, if you don't like something I have written below or you think you have a better idea, I want to hear it.

So far the structure is simple. Shorty is big boss cat. Since it's a band everyone else is technically just a member, but they'll have unofficial ranks. The hitters are the fighters; the gang's loyal muscle. The lifers are the regular members; the traders, the hunters, the crafters and what have you. The prospects are new members who are in a probationary period and have yet to prove themselves. The hangarounds are those who aren't officially affiliated with the gang. They are the boyfriends, the girlfriends, the fangirls, etc. They are tolerated but not encouraged and in the words of Queen Bey herself, put a ring on it.

All cats, from lions to rusty spotted cats, are allowed. Go big, go small; I don't care so long as you go cat. As far as personalities go the only traits your cat needs to have are a willingness to work with others cats and a willingness to fight wolves because, after all, this is a gang centered around banditry and the vast majority of animals on site with things to steal or knock over are wolves.

Initiation rituals will be something like...fighting a wolf to prove they're willing. Should there be a difference between prospects and members? To become a prospect they have to dominance fight a wolf. To become a full member they have to minor maim fight a wolf? Don't have to win, just have to be willing, I think. Should they have gang markings like say, a notch in their ear?

As for what they raid for....I don't see why they wouldn't raid for whatever they felt like in the moment. Crafter kitty needs some yarn for a project? Steal that mutha a sheep. All the kitties are bored? Go raid for the right to scratch up a pack's possessions or poop in their garden.

So this is what I have so far. Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? I'll take it all.

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Canni is 100% in, and stealing either the code name Nala or Catnip.

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesNorthern ExplorerValentines 2020Critical Fail!
01-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Natha is also 100% in. So much so she's up and accepted and in the game! If anyone wants a thread with her let me know.

The write up sounds good to me, Laz! Natha's specialty will likely be navigation but in the rough rank layout you have she'd probably be a hitter since her secondary skill is fighting.

I like the idea of a an initiation for a prospect and then one for a full member. I think it might be good to have options. They could maybe have to steal something from a wolf, dominance fight one, maybe trespass on pack lands. I think there could be various levels and then smaller things could be for prospects with more daring things for full members.

I like the idea of some sort of gang marking and I'm up for most anything really. A notched ear, a band on the wrist or a toe, a dyed marking from berries or something, its all good.

Shorty

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Heavy
player
01-12-2020, 03:37 PM
-scribbles notes- I like the idea of there being a variety of tests for prospects! Perhaps instead of being a one size fits all test, the test depends on whichever skill/rank the prospect is interested in or whatever their specialty is.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
01-12-2020, 09:53 PM
I'm bringing you an Ocelot his name will be Revolver and his code name is Liquid. He might have a things for shiny objects so will be all for raiding for pretty things. No big ideas to add except maybe the 'higher ranked' cats can get first pick of their basking spots? Specific times of the day are set away for sun bathing/cat napping.

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
01-16-2020, 04:15 PM
I would expect nothing less from a cat band so first pick of basking spots sounds perfect for them, Kat xD I like it!

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.