Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-08-2020, 01:03 PM

Alias Island was one of the largest Zee had ever seen, but also the longest potential swim towards it's landmass. For a long time the two stood at the shore discussing how they might make it onto the island, and then almost by magic a long, thin path of sand seemed to rise out of the ocean. In reality they'd only happened to be there at low tide, but Zee didn't know that. It was definitely magic, and an invitation.

The island itself was larger than some of the territories Zee'd seen on the mainland. It expanded nearly as much as the cluster of islands Ashen called home, and it could encompass the Tall Grass Plains and Sea's Plain both with room to spare. In the distance was a tall wall of mountain, and just past the rocky terrain Zee could see even a lake. Curiosity compelled her forward, wondering if the water it held was salt like the ocean around or drinkable. "Wow. We might be here a while." She told Hari with a smile.

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Trick 2019
02-08-2020, 01:25 PM
Harbringr paced along the coastal edge as he eyed the island. He was anxious to get over and begin exploring but northern waters were not much fun to swim in and this would be a long swim. As they discussed their next move the tide slowly eased out and when Hari had glanced back there was a small strip of land between them and the island. He laughed. "It seems the spirits are beckoning us to explore. It's destiny!" He bounded onto the sandy strip and worked his way across.

He moved swiftly, partly out of excitement and partly out of fear the path would disappear at any moment. That might prove an issue when they tried to get back but they could worry about it then. "I'll say! A pack could live on this island if they wanted."

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
02-09-2020, 01:44 PM
Harbringr's thoughts echoed her own and she turned to grin at him. "Yeah this place has everything a pack could need. I even smell goat." The nimble creatures likely lived atop the mountain range, coming down to drink from the center pool. It was a little paradise, if only if it didn't lock you in or out during a particular time of day. "Easy to defend too." The northern breeze passed over her and she grimaced, a chill washing over her body. "But cold. Northern wolves are insane to enjoy it." She moved further inland, craning her neck to look at the different types of trees that grew here. It wasn't tropical like Ibis Island, but still much more welcoming than the eerie white barked trees of the shrine.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.

Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Trick 2019
02-09-2020, 01:51 PM
Harbringr scented the air, filtering through the myriad of scents until he too caught the smell of mountain goat. That was a good sign if the island could support larger prey. He moved deeper through the rocky terrain, carefully picking his way across. It wouldn't do to break an ankle when they'd just started their exploration.

He continued on his way til he came to the shores of a large lake. "Wow, I bet there's some great fishing here." He bent his head and quickly took a quick drink of the cold, clear water. "I agree I'd prefer a bit warmer place but this might not be a bad vacation spot away from the heat of summer."

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

02-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Zee followed Hari on his way to the lake, watching as he bent his head to drink and had nothing bad to say about the water. "Fish?" She echoed, squinting into the lake. "I wonder where they come from. Surely not the ocean, or the water would not be drinkable." Since he'd taken a sip and obviously been fine, Zee moved to do so as well. While she lapped at the water she continued to look down into it, wondering if there was more to this island lake.

On the mainland it made sense for freshwater and fish, waterfalls and rivers fed their lakes. Here however surrounded by ocean alone Zee wondered if the main source of water was the rains, and whether a drought would turn this utopia dry and barren like some of the other island's they'd seen. She'd heard of underground springs beneath mountains that housed fresh water, and huffed softly. If she'd not had pups at home to think of, she'd have dared her friend to dive down with her and explore further. The risk was too high however, and she sighed. "Well. To the next island, then?"

Harbringr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

02-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Harbringr eyed the crystal blue waters for a moment then shrugged. "I have no idea. Maybe they were salt water fish a long time ago but adapted to fresh water due to the rain." He assumed the lake probably accumulated rainwater that would eventually dilute the salt water of the decades or centuries since the island formed. Of course that was assuming there were any fish in there at all. "Course, I don't see any fish so maybe there aren't any in there. It could just be a hole that filled up with water. Or maybe there used to be a shallow land bridge that connected this island to the mainland before it flooded over. that might explain why there are goats here." It was a thought anyway. He turned to Zee and grinned. "Sounds good to me!"