An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
02-18-2020, 10:46 PM

So far Azure's short life had been overwhelming with rules and expectations and mixed messages. Everything he was told he seemed to misinterpret, and the boy was frustrated that twice so far he'd made a mistake that was serious enough to receive a smack from two of his elders. Sirius' hit was softer, though somehow it'd hurt the boy's feelings more. Resin's cuff was hard enough to roll him in the grass and he found he had a burning hatred for the woman. His father had in some sort of way given him permission to take his anger out on his auntie's mother, and using the lesson Sirius had given on 'be cunning if you can't be strong' he'd decided he needed to get back at the older woman in a less direct way.

When he'd learn to snare rabbits it'd worked wonderfully, and first Azure tried to craft a snare large enough to capture a full grown wolf. It was useless, and he gave up after a few failed attempts. The wrecked crafting supplies were scattered all around him, the vines tangled and ripped as they lay on the grass. Instead of snaring her, he thought perhaps he could trap her in a hole. Digging the hole would be easy enough, but he needed something deadly at the bottom of it so that she'd not merely fall and hop back out. In the communal area were some expertly crafted spears, and Azure had decided to try and copy their design. While he couldn't steal the shared spears if he wanted his plan to remain secret, he could hopefully make his own that would prove to be as dangerous as the Armada's.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
02-18-2020, 11:02 PM

The Aramada was quite literally bouncing with life. A delightful buzz of excitement seemed to wash over the pack lands like a plague. In her time she had seen many litters born and seemingly forgotten but this particular litter brought the babe nothing but joy. Each of the four pups were different and troublesome. But, they reminded Banshee so much of herself and her own siblings. A pang of pain was brought forth with the memory of her brother Mordecai but she seemingly shrugged it off with a simple wrinkle of her nose. When they were young they were always up to no good and brawling with Tyranis' children. Banshee could vividly remember the constant flurry of giggles.

Nostalgic thoughts were swept away by the sight of her younger brother. The massive pup was surrounded by debris and wreckage. He had a few well fashioned spears near him and looked to be in a mood. Ban trotted closer to the boy before stopping with a curious cock of her head. "What bit you in the butt?" Banshee smirked as she stared down at the mischievous boy.

"Speech"

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
02-18-2020, 11:13 PM

Azure had been so engrossed in his work that he'd not heard Banshee's approach right away. His head shot up and his eyes got wide, worried that he'd been caught and his planned foiled. Thankfully the wolf who'd approached was not one of the pack elders, and Azure could relax a bit. "Oh!" He gasped, lifting a paw to his chest as she'd spooked him. "You're like a ghost!"

Banshee's relation to him and his siblings was explained, though not extremely well. He knew she was his sister, but she was much older than he was and spent much less time with their family. Maybe it was a fact of growing up, but Azure still found it odd. She also looked nothing like mom, dad, nor any of his colorful siblings. The only feature of her that reminded him of their family were the extended fangs that Sirius wore so proudly.

She'd asked on what bit him in the butt and Azure spun around to glare daggers at his rear end. Had something bit him on the butt? Was he bleeding? Did it looks silly? The pup frowned angrily, then turned back to his mangled stick when he couldn't see any evidence on his rear. "Probably Resin." He responded, taking her question much too literally. "I bet she bit me while I was rolling, or when I was sleeping. That mean lady." A harumph sounded from him, and he began to gnaw more furiously on the stick in frustration. He worked it much too hard, and the end of it broke off entirely. "Oh, shoot!"

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
02-18-2020, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2020, 11:25 PM by Banshee.)

A true flurry of emotions painted across the pup's features as she seemingly spooked him. Shock came forth as his head shot up from his endeavors. Next came quite an interesting exclamation of Banshee being 'like a ghost.' Her toothy grin only deepened at Azure's reaction as she snickered ever so slightly. The smile beneath those abrasive fangs could be seen in her brilliant blue eyes. "Ghosts are much scarier and sneakier then me." Ban didn't think twice about potentially planting slightly spooky thoughts into his freshly developing mind. But, what were big sisters for if not to spread rumors of ghouls and ghosts?

The reaction of her own rhetorical statement had been taken very literally. Suddenly Azure jumped up and spun around to chase his own rear. Looking for a physical bite on his butt. Banshee couldn't help but to laugh and shake her head. She took a moment to regain herself as the youngling before her began to speak again. It seemed as though he didn't like Resin, an older warrior of the pack. Ban hadn't spent much time with the woman but had seen her around here and there. "Why would you let someone bite you?" Banshee raised a brow as if to egg him on a bit.

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-18-2020, 11:34 PM

Banshee's response was one he hadn't expected, and very cautiously he dropped his broken stick and turned back towards her. "Ghosts... ghosts are real?" He whispered, gaze darting around her as if one might jump out at any minute. How sneaky were they? Could a ghost have been following him all his young life and he'd never notice? Did they hover over him at night when he slept? The boy's tail swept inwards, hugging against him as if a unseen ghost might snap it off in a second.

Her continued prodding took him slightly out of his worry. Anger was stronger than fear after all, and his face contorted back into his grumpy frown as she accused him of letting himself be bit. " 'Cause I'm too small to fight back." He responded sadly, the idea that Resin had bit his butt firmly planted into his mind now as fact. "That's why I'm making sharp sticks, because to beat a big wolf you need to think smart." His oversized bear paw lifted to tap upon his skull lightly, and he gave her a crooked grin.

So far his siblings had shown him nothing but loyalty, and Resin wasn't actually family. Surely Banshee would be on his side as well, and together they could teach the massive warrior a lesson or two. "Do ya' know how to make the sharp sticks? I keep breaking them off, but the tips are never as nice as dads." He gestured to the discarded sticks, showing how their broken ends had all splintered badly.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
02-23-2020, 04:14 PM

Banshee witnessed the flash of fear within beaming blue eyes as he consumed her words. A little smile accompanied her toothy grin as she let forth another giggle. She was overly amused my his youthful gullable nature, remembering when she had been the same way. Perhaps he was just a tad bit more childish but Ban sadly had to grow up nearly instantly with the departure of her dear Mother. "You need not worry, little brother." Banshee leaned down to nuzzle the top of his head before retracting and speaking more feminine tones. "Ghosts only haunt those with evil in their hearts." A pause. "As long as you do no evil you will be fine." Perhaps it was a subtle way to shove the pup into a more positive moral direction. Having something like that in the back of his mind at such a young age would surely make him think twice before delving into naughty behavior.

Their discussion moved onto something that she was actually very familiar with. Azure's father had taught her how to craft spears well and she had been practicing a lot in her down time. Banshee's den was full of wooden weapons, almost to a point in which she was sleeping on them. Her eye slipped to his splintered pile of rubbish and she nodded slightly. "Sirius taught me how to make spears when my fangs came in." Banshee moved to grab a few untouched sticks from the pile and slid him one. "I will show you as long as you promise you will not stab Resin and only use them for protection until Father shows you how to use it offensively." Ban would not condone the youngling attacking anyone, especially an elder within the pack. "Do you promise?"

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

02-25-2020, 09:39 PM

Banshee assured her that Azure did not need to worry, as ghosts only haunted evil wolves. The words did absolutely nothing to comfort him, and in fact worried him further. What his older sister did not know was how he'd shoved Mortis off the cliff, nor how he'd treated the boy since. Was that evil? He couldn't tell her of course, so he could only swallow hard and nod as if he was convinced. "Oh, okay.." Azure had his paws full with Resin and the plot against her, he couldn't handle having to find a way to kill a ghost too. The frightened boy looked down at the discarded sticks, wondering if they'd be effective against a vengeful spirit.

The boy was surprised and slightly disheartened by Banshee's conditions on helping him with this spears. He had to promise not to stab Resin until their father taught him to use it? That sucked! The youth huffed a puff of breath, his disagreement not needing to be said verbally. Then it occurred to him - he didn't need to stab with the sharp sticks to do damage. The lesson his father had taught him on traps and snares circled his mind, and then finally he nodded to his sister. "OK, whatever, no stabbing. I promise."

He picked up a long stick - one he'd not yet snapped in half - and sat with it infront of her. His paw wrapped around it and hugged it to his chest while he stared up at his sister expectantly and waited to hear how he could sharpen them with his fangs.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
03-09-2020, 04:55 PM

Banshee laid down with the fresh stick resting beneath one paw and atop another to elevate it slightly. She didn't want to be kissing the dirt while working on the spear. Her eyes flicked towards the fire filled pup as she seemingly smirked through her fangs. As much as she wanted to harp on him about stabbing others she couldn't help but to feel amused. Banshee was once quite the trouble maker and always had some sort of drama lingering around her. Azure has a wild heart, that much was clear to her from the start.

With a small flick of her nose towards on end of the stick she spoke, "You want to find a good sturdy tree branch that is straight and is not waterlogged or hollow. Anything covered in holes wont do very well. You don't want your spear snapping in battle." A pause. "Once you find your stick you want to find a good end to be your pointy end. The thicker and smoother end is usually best." Banshee looked at either end of his own stick to ensure he had the best to work with. She then nodded and took her muzzle down to begin grinding her fang against the wood. After a few strokes she had taken off a few thin layers of the bark to expose fresh pale wood. "You want to apply enough pressure to take a thin layer off. The feeling will be weird at first but you get use to it."

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-10-2020, 01:52 PM

Azure hadn't considered that the type of stick might matter, and immediately began searching through her pile for one that fit the description. Banshee was right, he definitely didn't want the spears breaking on Resin's tough hide. He found one he thought might work, and then lifted it up wordlessly towards her for approval. When she continued, he settled with it between his paws and emulated his sister's technique. "It does feel funny." He admitted, spitting out a shaving of wood and grimacing. It was much more fun to rip up animal then to rip off sticks, but this was a necessary evil for what he had to do. Besides, Banshee said he'd get used to it and Azure trusted her judgement.

He shaved off a few thin layers as she had, glancing back to her stick and his and noticing that his was much less even. A few layers had deeper parts peeled off and it made his stick look a little bumpy. His lips tightened in a thin line, and then he spun the stick in his paws so that the shoddy work was not facing Banshee and instead would face his own chest. "What's next?" The pup asked.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
04-21-2020, 08:17 PM

Banshee watched as the younger boy scraped off layers of wood and spat it out. She did catch the uneven bits but didn't comment as of yet. Eventually the gal would access his work and that would be the time for critique. She idly took off a few more even layers of her own spear to-be. Evening out any protruding bits or notching out thick knots that shot out. She liked when the outer layer of the wood was gone and it was all that lovely fresh light brown wood. - Banshee looked up from her work as he asked what's next. The babe nodded, "Well, once you take off all the imperfections and have a smooth surface to work with you begin forming a point. " A pause. "Layer by layer you shave off enough of the wood. You want the angle to be even on all sides and the point to be sharp enough to puncture skin."

The yearling began to demonstrate by shaving off the end of her stick to form a point. "In the beginning you can start by applying more pressure as you go towards the point. But, you don't want to press down too much. Once the point gets thin enough you could potentially snap it off and that means you have to work harder to get it sharp again."  She worked a bit more before eyeing the boy. "You try now. Once you are done show it to me and I will critique your weapon." Banshee paused for only a moment, "But feel free to ask me questions." With a fleeting smile Banshee went back to working diligently on her own spear.

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-22-2020, 05:26 PM

Azure did his best to emulate her technique, looking up at his sister intently every few moments to ensure he was doing it exactly right. Her comment on applying too much pressure worried him, what if he did all this work and the damn tip broke anyways and he had to start all over? Azure had a feeling before all this was over, he'd simply be left with a small nub.

Afraid of damaging the tip, Azure used the lightest pressure he could to work it to a point. It was very slow going and occasionally he dug too hard and a divot was made but so far he hadn't snapped it. He was focusing harder then he'd ever focused in his life and his gums were beginning to ache from the shavings that would occasionally jam into them. After a while, he pulled his head back to take a good look at his 'finished' spear. It did have a point to it, though it was a little off center. Banshee had told him it needed to be strong enough to puncture skin, and Azure wondered absently how he'd know. The pup would have no problem poking it into his own flesh, but there was a good chance that the first poke would be it's last. It wouldn't do to test it, find out it worked, and then have a broken tip and need to restart it. "I think I'm done." He told her, lifting it up for display. He then brandished it in his mouth and swung it around a bit, growing playfully.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Banshee

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kara
04-25-2020, 07:56 PM

They worked diligently along side one another. Banshee's tail flicked idly as she carved her own spear. After Sirius taught her a while back Ban did a lot of practicing. The wood was smooth but not without it's own flaws. A few bits of wood were missing due to small knots. But, she was able to get a strong and sturdy spear after all her hard work. She finished before the younger boy did so she would watch him as he finished. Banshee didn't want to put too much pressure on him so she'd often look up to observe the plains before looking back down to him. There was true interest gleaming through her blue optics.

It didn't take long for Azure to finish his own spear. There were flaws but more importantly it was a sharp stick! Banshee offered a grin as he lifted it and began to swing it a bit. "Don't get ahead of yourself. You are gonna poke your damn eye out." She offered a playful laugh before brandishing her own spear between eager teeth. Banshee quickly aimed to wack the blunt end of her spear against his on. She did not utilize the point against him. Muffled words came forth, "When practicing use the blunt end. The pointy end is to be used against enemies." She showed him how to craft a weapon but also figured it was very important to teach him etiquette as well.

"Speech"