size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
02-29-2020, 07:00 PM

She watched as the boy tried twice to fell the cat. Of course she knew that his efforts were futile. She was trying to teach him to use a combination of brain and instincts. He obviously wasn't. After admitting defeat, the woman sighed. "You didn't think to ask for help or advice? You'll get yourself killed unless you learn to think before every action, Azure." Having admitted that he couldn't do anything against the cat, Resin moved before him once more. It didn't matter that his father would tell him to run. She was not his father. The situation was entirely under control. The same method had been used on her when she was a pup and so she knew this drill.

A few bounds took her close to the puma and she feinted one way while it swiped the other. With one lunge, Resin struck. Teeth latched into the back of the beasts skull and she shook. The feline screamed in pain before she dropped it. Blood coated her scarred face as she looked to Azure. "It's not dead. Finish the job." She would allow him this kill. After, they would see if he learned anything.

Coding:Alice. Art:Resin.

[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
02-29-2020, 07:11 PM

Azure may have felt incredibly ashamed and defeated at his failure, but the she-wolf had a knack for annoying the energy right back into him. "Well sorry." He spat back, voice dripping with sarcasm. "I figured that the wrong time for a calm civilized discussion would be while facing off against mr. death-cat!" The boy's tail flagged angrily, though his head drooped slightly between his shoulders as Resin moved forward to attack the beast once more. While he was partially cowed by her show of strength and superiority, he grumbled under his breath.

Surprisingly she did not end the beast, and told him to make the kill himself. The cat was pretty much out of the picture, screaming in pain and flailing as it began to succumb to the punctures in it's skull. Azure shot forward, parting his jaws wide and clamping them down upon the cat's face. His elongated fang pushed straight through his eye, and the cat's flailing stopped. He tried to back up, but realized his tooth was stuck. For a moment, the boy braced himself upon the dead cat's face and tugged and yanked until finally he'd found the right angle and his teeth detached from the eye socket. "Phew." he breathed.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-29-2020, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2020, 07:29 PM by Resin.)

The boy was a bona fide brat. It was a good thing that he wasn't her child. Had her boys been so snarky and lacking in honor, she may have killed them herself. They wouldn't have been the first children to feel her teeth, after all. There had been a daughter that she had killed. A disgrace to her name. This boy was his parents problem. Not hers. After this, she was done with him.

Having laid the cat on deaths door, Resin was nice enough to let the boy end its life. He went about it poorly and awkwardly, but it eventually got the job done. He lacked finesse. As she had said before, he didn't think before he acted. Biting the face kept the cats arms and legs free for use. Biting the throat would have put him up close to the body, thus preventing most of the cats movement. It didn't matter that she had incapacitated it to the brink of death. It mattered that he didn't think like a hunter. That would get him injured or killed some day.

Without another word, the bloodied woman turned and began moving off. There was no point in talking to a boy that believed he knew everything. She intended to seek out Iolaire to have her cheek seen to.

-Possible Exit?-

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
03-04-2020, 12:20 PM

Resin turned to leave without another word, and Azure turned with her. "Hey! Don't just walk away from me like that!" He demanded, flabbergasted. Didn't she have a response? Praise? Or advice on how he could have done better? The boy growled lowly, and then sprinted after her. Luckily she'd been walking and not running away, so he could catch her without much effort. He leaped forward, snarling and aimed to latch his jaws around her back leg near the achilles tendon to prevent her from abandoning him. The boy's anger remained even with the cougar dead, and he couldn't help the instinct to bite and maul to express the feeling.

Azure Keres Fatalis vs Resin for Dominance.
Round 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bear paws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Bone spurs - Offensive
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Intermediate Hunter
Specialty: N/A

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

03-25-2020, 05:25 PM

The boys shrill demands washed right over the scarred woman. He wasn't worth her time and so she wouldn't stop for him. When he tried to rush her though... She heard the sound of his paws moving over the earth and curled her head in time to see where his teeth were aiming. Curving her body, the giantess met him head on, lips pulled back to bare her teeth. A low growl reverberated through her wide chest and she stalked forward, tail curled high over her spine. One large paw lashed out in an attempt to knock the petulant child from his feet. Should her strike land, she would stand over his prone form and snarl, sulfur eye blazing.

Resin Scarpaw vs Azure Fatalis for Dominance.
Round 1/?
Size: Extra large
Build: Heavy
Companion 1: Side-striped jackal, Female - Battle
Companion 2: Side-striped jackal, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Serrated fangs - Offensive
Skills: Novice Fighter & Beginner Hunter

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-14-2020, 06:23 PM

Resin turned swifter then Azure thought possible for such a large wolf, and before he knew it her paw came out and whipped him hard. The pup landed on his back and he coughed hard as the wind was knocked out of him, seeing the brutish woman standing above him with a snarl. This time would not be like the last though, Azure swore he'd fight with every last fiber of his being. Unable to reach anything higher, he rolled to the side to try and wrap his tiny paws around her limb and gnaw on it with all his might. He squeezed his eyes shut hard and imagined being as big as Sirius with fangs as long and sharp as he was, pretending he was aiming towards a throat rather then a wrist.

Azure Keres Fatalis vs Resin for Dominance.
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Saber fangs - Offensive
Mutation 2: Bear paws - Offensive
Mutation 3: Bone spurs - Offensive
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Intermediate Hunter

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-17-2020, 08:48 AM

Despite her dislike for the boy, she never did anything to harm him overly. Her swats that  she'd given him sent him rolling, but they were light taps in comparison to what she could do. What she sometimes wanted to do to him. As Azure lunged for her leg and began to bite it, wrapping his little arms around her thick foreleg, she could feel his frustration and anger. His teeth bit into her flesh and caused little pinpricks of blood to well, but there was barely any pain.

The woman gave a shake of her foreleg in an attempt to dislodge the boy from his biting place. With a sigh, she looked down at the angry little child. "Azure," she growled, though her tones were as gentle as she could make them with her damaged vocal chords. Her haunches folded and she simply sat, staring down at him. Now was his time to talk if he felt the need to.

Resin Scarpaw vs Azure Fatalis for Dominance.
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Heavy
Companion 1: Side-striped jackal, Female - Battle
Companion 2: Side-striped jackal, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Serrated fangs - Offensive
Skills: Novice Fighter & Beginner Hunter

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
04-18-2020, 04:16 PM

And the winner is...

AZURE

RESIN must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Adjusted rolls: 68.15 77 50 68
AZURE'S total is.. 210.52

Adjusted rolls: 39 46.2 85 5
RESIN'S total is.. 175.2

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-19-2020, 04:04 PM

Azure was fully invested in his battle, tiny puppy snarls tearing from him as he did his best to gouge and maim and brutalize. He felt the limb shake and held on as hard as he could, eventually falling off to land upon his butt. He almost went to strike again, but her voice reached him before he could. She only said his name, though it came across similarly as his parents would when he'd done something wrong and it was time to stop and listen.

The pup resigned himself to his seat and sighed, lowering his head in defeat. "I'm sorry, you just make me so mad!" He insisted, tiny voice squeaking with anger. "You hit me and I didn't do anything wrong, you didn't even ask. Mortis wanted to learn to fly and I tried to help him!" It all boiled up, the feelings he'd kept down for the season since the event happened. It all felt so unfair. "I know it was wrong to try to kill you but when someone does something wrong to dad that's what he does. I bet if someone did it to you, you would too." His speech was coming to and end, and the anger in his tone was slowly morphing into sadness.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-20-2020, 02:15 PM

The boy released her leg and settled a bit. He was still aggravated, but at least he was speaking now rather than acting irrationally. He exploded into speech, talking about pushing his brother to teach him to fly. He spoke of trying to kill her and of the fact that he was emulating his father. He imagined that she might do the same. Black ears flicked forward and the woman stared down at the boy with her lone, sulfur eye. After a moment of contemplation, she released a sigh and allowed her forelegs to slide outward, depositing her on her stomach so that she was closer to his level.

"You are not my child." Her tones were eternal growls due to her damaged throat, but she tried to make them softer so that they could get somewhere without the, obviously sensitive boy, feeling attacked. "Despite that, I still want you to grow up strong and smart." Despite their heavy conversation, a little bee came and landed on the tip of the woman's nose, which she wrinkled, flashing teeth, but didn't make a move to brush it away. Eventually the little fuzzy creature left on its own. "Everything in life is a lesson. You should learn from every situation. In pushing Mort, you learned that he can't fly. In me holding you over the edge of the cliff, you learned that fear as well. The strike was to make you feel the pain that he felt when he hit the ground. You both learned that day."

With one scarred paw, she patted the ground before her, offering the child a seat so that they could continue their very first discussion. "You need to think more before you act. Think of the consequences. Think of the results of your actions. You want to rule some day? Take over your fathers place as Warlord of the pack? You'll need to be able to see everything that's coming before it even has a chance to howl at your borders." She wanted Azure to succeed. She truly wanted him to do well. The rest of his siblings as well, but she genuinely liked the boys fire. With some fine tuning, he would grow up to be a fine, powerful wolf. One capable of leading and protecting. "Lessons won't always be received positively, but as long as you learn from them, the anger and irritation are acceptable to me."

Now that the negatives were out of the way... "You did well with the cat. You and your sister hunt well together as a team." The dead pig showed that much. "Your skill with snares is decent, but could use some work with making them stronger and less obvious." He wanted his compliments, he got them. "Should we take the pig back to the pack? Do you want to claim your prize and skin the cat?" If he wished, their interaction could end here. Or, she could teach him further.

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-21-2020, 11:56 AM

Azure sat mostly quietly as the warrior woman began her explanation. He knew well enough by now that when an adult was lecturing you, you did not interrupt or talk back. Especially when that adult was Resin, and as he was understanding hitting was a part of her teaching style. He kept his head down submissively by his shoulders, only letting his eyes lift to watch her as she got down onto his level and spoke.

When the bee landed upon her muzzle he licked his lips, following it hungrily with his eyes and imagining pouncing it and squashing it. Unfortunately it flew away too soon, and he returned his focus to the conversation. "I understand, grandma. I'm sorry." He responded sadly, head nodding slow. "I'll try to be better." There was only so long the distractible pup could stay sad for, however, and as she made mention of their fresh kill his head turned to look back at it excitedly. "I'd like to learn how to skin a cat." Azure decided, looking back up at her. Was she capable of it, even without the retractable claws that blessed the other members of his family? Maybe that meant he could, too.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

05-02-2020, 09:06 AM

Surprisingly, Azure didn't have much to say in response. Both black backed ears flicked forward as he spoke, calling her Grandma.
Her only weakness... Resin sighed, suddenly feeling older than she was. Children were exasperating. At least he said that he would attempt to improve. "Do better and you'll be better by default." She didn't want him to think that he was unworthy or anything of the sort. He had a fire that she could admire, he just needed to learn to staunch those flames when the situation demanded it.

The young pup eagerly said that he would like to learn to skin the cat, and so she would show him. Rising, the scarred woman placed a quick lick of affection between the child's ears. He did well today and that was the gruff warriors way of showing him that she held no ill feelings towards him for their rocky past. He'd better never do it again, however. It was much better for both of them if they were on the same side.

Moving to the dead feline Resin nosed it so that it was laying flat on its back. "Tanning a hide correctly is a long process, but we'll do a quick version for now." With one scarred paw, she indicated a circle around the feline's neck. "We cut around the neck then down the center of the chest and stomach." Leaning forward, the giant woman sank her teeth into the flesh of the dead cat. Her odd teeth made it easy to shear through the tissue. Her cuts wouldn't be as precise as someone with a knife or fancy claws, but they got the job done. Once she had the ring around the neck severed, she motioned Azure forward. "Would you like to do the line down the stomach? Take care when you get to the thinner skin so you don't puncture through into the body cavity." She wondered just how many wolves would teach so young a child about such things. These matters were necessary to learn. The earlier he learned them. The quicker he would master them.
"Speech"