Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
02-22-2020, 09:56 PM
Tyrian waited until all of the wolves had left the meeting place to speak to his brothers. He started with Alarr, who had spoken up first. His brother was quite skilled in the healing arts and if he, Tyrian, could lead a pack his same-aged brother was equally qualified to take charge of the healers. In all honestly Alarr was probably better equipped to handle the rank. He'd been working on expanding his knowledge for as long as Tyrian could remember while Tyrian's interest in leading was a fairly recent development. In any case, here they were.

The newly minted King settled down on his rump and fixed his brother with a wry look. "I think you would do well as Master-of-the-Cure, and I have no doubt that you know your stuff, but I want you to know what all the rank entails before you sign on. It'll be a lot of work. You'll have both the wolves and the livestock to look after, you know. Organizing meetings and training, delegating who takes care of what, whether it be wolves or sheep or horses. And of course," he said with a smile. "Advising me on health matters. How does that sound, Alarr? Still interested?"
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
02-26-2020, 07:43 PM

Álarr was nervous despite himself but he was also excited. Excited for the new pack, for his brother's rule and especially to be heading back to their homeland. He was also excited for the opportunity to prove himself in a high rank in his field of interest. As the rest of the pack filtered out Tyrian came over to talk to Álarr.

Álarr listened as Tyrian laid out the duties of the rank and he nodded lightly as he listened. He'd known he'd take care of wolves but he hadn't quite considered the livestock. That wasn't a deal breaker though. Morbid though it might have been most of Álarr's practice was on prey animals. He couldn't very well go around abducting other wolves to practice on. Well, technically he probably could but he wouldn't endanger the pack with such behavior.

Álarr smiled. "You bet I am."

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
03-01-2020, 07:23 PM
After Alarr made it clear he was still interested they lapsed into silence for a second as Tyrian thought. He glanced at the ground contemplatively. If he could have he would have made a steeple with his toes. Finally he nodded to himself and turned his attention back to Alarr, who he offered a soft, teasing smile. "I was determined to be impartial and ask you the same questions I'd ask anyone else, but to be honest I can't think of anything to ask that I'm not already convinced I know the answer of. I think you'd be a great Master and I don't think there's anyone else I'd rather have in this position." Really and truly he wasn't sure what he should be asking. This was Alarr and Tyrian knew him well. This was his first business as alpha and he wasn't doing a very good job of it, it seemed. "Do you have any questions for me?"
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
03-06-2020, 06:52 PM
Álarr waited patiently as his brother's gaze tipped downward. Tyrian had always been a thinking and by now he knew better than to interrupt his brother's thought process. Tyrian looked up and spoke and Álarr smiled at his words. It felt good to have his hard work and skill acknowledged, especially when it came to such a high rank. "Are there any specifics you'd like me to know? For example do you have an expectation that meetings of healers should be held once a season for example? Other than that I can't think of anything right off the top of my head but if I do I'll be sure to find you." He knew that there would be a learning curve. He'd never had to lead others before. He had done a bit of teaching but not a ton.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
03-07-2020, 11:57 AM
Tyrian blew out his lips thoughtfully as he considered Alarr's question. He hadn't expected the transition to alpha to be easy but he certainly hadn't been prepared for all the complexities of ruling. The big things, like raiding and moving herds, he'd foreseen, but the smaller, day to day activities had been beneath his consideration when he'd been riding the wave of excitement that had come with learning he was going to be King. Alarr posed a good question and it was a mark of Tyrian's inexperience that he was unprepared to answer it.

"I think meetings should be held as often as you think necessary. The healers will be your troops, more or less, and you will know their needs better than anyone else. If you think they need seasonal meetings then by all means have them. If you don't, the choice is yours and I defer to your judgement in this matter." He studied Alarr a moment, then added, "If this informal approach doesn't suit you, perhaps in a few seasons we can sit down and hash out a formal schedule? By then we should have enough knowledge to know what works for us."

"I feel the same way about their training; your judgement is sound and I'm content to leave the well being of the healers and the trainees in your care. The livestock will be a slightly different story. Their care will need to be more regimented. Tashi tells me they need to wormed regularly and that if we are to manage them well we'll have to pay close attention to their breeding. But that is all things you'll need to discuss with him."

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
03-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Álarr listened carefully as Tyrian spoke, nodding when it was appropriate. He felt the analogy of the healers being his 'troops' was a helpful one. Ultimately he'd just have to gather the healers and see where they were at and what areas of focus they wished to study. "I think this informal approach should work for now. It will give me time to fall into the role and adjust as needed."

Tyrian turned to talk about the livestock. That was the aspect Álarr was most worried about. He had little experience with livestock. "Ok, that sounds good. I do know of a few herbs that could help with worming." Wormwood was the obvious one, he'd need to figure out the proper dose but it sounded like Tashi already had some experience in that arena. "I look forward to talking to Tashi on these matters. When it comes time to butcher them please let me know. I wish to be involved so I can get a better feel for their anatomy though if there are wild counterparts let me know and I shall start with them."

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
03-15-2020, 08:01 PM
Tyrian brightened as Alarr mentioned his interest in the butchering. "Absolutely. I'll do my best to make sue you're involved in the process. And if there's anything you need, anything at all, please let me know. The health of the pack and the livestock is equal in importance to the defense of those things and I want us to be..." He snorted a soft laugh then continued honestly. "Well, I want us to be the best, I suppose. Superior in every way. Lofty goal, I know, but with you in charge or our healthcare I have no doubt we'll excel in that regard at the very least."

Eagerly, he added, "And I mean it, whatever you need, it's yours. I'll find you assistants if you need them, if you..I don't know, hear of a healer convention in Auster or whatever, of course you could go." Perhaps he was being a touch excessive, but Tyrian was excited for the future and where his ambition might take them. They could be amazing.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
03-21-2020, 10:14 AM
Álarr grinned as his brother spoke, pleased for the others support. "Ok, great! I look forward to learning as much from you as I can. If there are weaker animals that will likely end up being culled I would ask for a few to test treatments and dosing on. This will help me develop a way to translate treatments for wolves to sheep. For now that's really it. I'll need to do something thinking and get some plans in order but I just wanted to say thanks for trusting me. I'll do my best!" He meant it, he wanted to do whatever he could to help his brother reach his goal. He already had a few thoughts but there would be a lot of work to get done. For one thing he'd need to organize and expand the communal storage unites and make sure they had enough stores for winter for both wolves and livestock.

-end?-