size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
02-25-2020, 08:34 PM
Rhythm was settling back into Abaven better than she had expected. She never thought that her family would be so inviting or accepting of an old woman. Their welcoming and loving spirits eased her into the change from Legion to Abaven. She missed the three yearlings a lot, and Valentine’s presence was missed. Rhythm was getting along well on her own though.

Already she spent a lot of time with her granddaughter Poem, she was a bright girl and a perfect mix of Rhyme and Shaye. Though the similarities between her mother and herself made Rhythm’s heart hurt with grief she also had hope that Shaye was living on through her girls. The old woman’s thoughts didn’t often stray far from the past, even now as she relaxed in Abaven’s old lands. She could almost hear the voices of her brothers and sisters. Bass, Chord, Motif, Harmony.. All of them were gone and crossed the veil now. She was the last one. The oldest of the Destructions.

She sighed softly as a gentle breeze raced through her chocolate brown fur. She couldn’t deny she missed Legion, but she didn’t for a moment regret returning here.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Desolate

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

VolcanoChristmas 2019Treat 2019
02-25-2020, 08:52 PM
When Desolate stumbled upon the elder woman in the plains, his first instinct was that she was not where she was supposed to be. He'd never seen her before, and that made her an intruder. He stood a distance away, staring down the back of her head and trying desperately to convince himself to attack her, to defend Abaven. So far his fighting lessons were, well, few and far between. He didn't know how to take on a larger wolf, only sparred with Void and played tag with Theory.

She seemed old, really old. Even Desolate could tell from just the way she carried herself and the way her fur lay upon her back. Did that change how you were supposed to attack them? Was it rude to chase away a really old intruder? His brows furrowed as he thought, and with a heaving sigh he instead wandered cautiously up to her. "Excuse me?" The near-yearling called politely to her as he got closer. "This is Abaven's land, I don't think you're supposed to be here." Oh, damn, maybe she was just so old that she'd gotten herself turned around. Desolate's teeth clicked audibly as he considered it, and he added after a beat. "Are you lost or something?"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
02-26-2020, 07:58 AM
Rhythm couldn’t use her sight anymore but her other senses seemed to compensate. Even with her advanced age the old woman had impeccable hearing and she heard the boy’s approach long before he appeared. Her attention shifted towards him as he sighed and seemed to finally decide to get closer. She perked her dark chocolate ears and turned her salt and peppered features towards his young voice.

She chuckled as he tried to tell her that she didn’t belong here, even if she didn’t take it personally she felt that maybe he was right. Rhythm didn’t want to entertain the thought that she shouldn’t have returned here. ”Hello, young man.” Judging by his scent this was one of Eulogy’s. One of her grandchildren. ”No, I’m right where I mean to be.” She told him, wondering how far she could go before telling him who she was.

”I know I’m supposed to be here, but how do I know that you’re supposed to be here?” She questioned completely serious even if she was joking deep down. While at the same time she gathered up a bit of the inferior clay that could be found at her paws. Absently she molded the wet earth into a small ball.

Desolate

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

02-27-2020, 05:42 PM
The elder wolf had an easy comeback, insisting that maybe it was Desolate who did not belong. His brows furrowed, and his gaze tore off her face as he considered her words. After a beat, he looked back at her. "I live here..." He responded, though his words came out as if he was unsure about the statement. He'd heard that elders were wise, maybe she was right! This was Abaven's land, right?

Bewildered, the pup sat upon the grass. "I live with Theory, she's my cousin." He insisted. The more he talked, the more uncertain he sounded. "Who are you?" Suspicion reached his eyes, and he frowned over at her as if she might be a ghost sent her to mess with his head. The elder wolf seemed incredibly relaxed for a potential-ghost, and he watched her uneasily as she molded the dirt between her paws. Abaven's dirt. His dirt. Or, was it her dirt?

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
02-28-2020, 08:59 AM
She couldn’t see his expression, but she could feel his uncertainty as he spoke up again, insisting with less confidence that he indeed lived here. Rhythm kept her attention on him as best she could without sight as he plopped down and started to question himself more thoroughly. The ancient woman kept her amused smile to herself, even if he was questioning everything he knew she was amused. She wouldn’t allow him to struggle for very long.

As she continued to shape the clay in her paws he asked her who she was. Rhythm was quiet for a moment as she shaped the dirt, a habit she picked up recently to keep herself busy and to feel more useful to the pack. They were useful receptacles, and after they dried worked very well to hold liquids. She started shaping the piece, putting a divet in the middle of her ball to create a pinch pot.

”Fear not, young cousin of Theory.” She told him softly, giving him a big grin as she tried to put him at ease. ”My name is Rhythm Destruction, I’m the mother of your mother and Theory’s father. Your grandmother.” She explained softly, continuing to mold her tiny bowl. ”I came back to get to know puppies like you. So, who are you?” She questioned him back.

Desolate

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

02-29-2020, 01:47 PM
Desolate quickly tried to absorb the elder wolf's words, but one of them stuck with him. "The mother of my mother..." He responded softly, looking up at her as if her eyes might hold all the answers to the world. "How do you know who my mom is? She's not here anymore..." The pup blinked once, then twice, eyes wide. It must be true what they all said; elders did have incredible knowledge of the world. Could she see the future? Did she know the entire world's past? A soft gasp rolled out of his mouth. "If you know my mom, you know me. I'm Desolate. Mom's son." He clarified suspiciously, wondering what this wolf's game was. This didn't make sense at all, and Desolate's face scrunched in confusion.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-04-2020, 08:56 AM
Desolate was obviously made uncertain by her words, not that she could blame the young boy. She was having maybe a little too much fun at his expense, but she’d explain herself more fully. Rhythm hadn’t seen Eulogy yet so his words about her being gone weren’t a surprise. However much they still hurt.

”The last time I saw your mom she was still pregnant with you,” she explained softly, wondering how much Eulogy’s disappearance was affecting her grandchildren. He seemed sad, but not devastated at least. ”I know it’s hard without her, if you ever need…” Rhythm wasn’t completely sure how to continue. ”If you need some love or lessons, I’ll be here.” She smiled softly, realizing how much she was really needed here.

Desolate

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

03-04-2020, 10:39 AM
The elder wolf's words sent something through him and Desolate stood at attention, fur bristling. "It's not hard without her." He insisted firmly. "She left, what does that matter to me? I have Abaven and Theory and I will always have that. Her loss." The pup swallowed hard and tore his eyes from her, unable to maintain eye contact with the woman. She mystified him, and he couldn't help but worry that if she looked into his eyes that his soul would tell her he was a liar.

Of course the litter struggled without Eulogy, but Desolate gave up hoping for his mother's return. "And you, I guess. I have you too. So I don't care where she is." He finished, softer. He struggled hard with his feelings, the anger he knew lived within him struggling to break through and the Abavenite within him trying to hold it back. Desolate inhaled sharply, held it, and released the breath in a long smooth exhale.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-11-2020, 08:51 AM
Desolate was quick to correct her, he was not having a hard time without his mother, in fact her disappearance had nothing to do with him. Rhythm was blind but she certainly wasn’t blind to his true emotion. What he said and what he really felt were two very different things, but the old woman would humor him. She couldn’t see into his eyes, but she could feel the truth coming off of him.

”You do have me, for as long as life will let me stay with you.” He was young, but she wouldn’t sugar coat the short amount of time she had left in the world of the living. Rhythm had no doubt that he wasn’t being truthful, that he needed his mother and he did care she was gone. ”Maybe your mother will return. Maybe she didn’t mean to leave you all here.” She tried to suggest. Eulogy was not one to wander, there had to be a reason she didn’t stay with Abaven and her children.

Desolate

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

03-13-2020, 05:36 PM
Desolate did not miss the woman's choice of words, and his ears pulled flat against his skull. Rhythm was elderly, she wouldn't be around long and the thought worried Desolate although he'd only just met her. He couldn't handle another love and loss in his life, it was better just to not get too attached at all. The pup stammered, looking down at the ground as Rhythm continued. "Yeah, maybe." He agreed, though he didn't sound convinced. No reason would be suitable to abandon your pups, it didn't make sense.

Desolate's lip trembled, and then he inhaled a big steadying breath. "I should go... train." The boy insisted quietly, holding back his feelings as best he could. He needed time to absorb this, this newly appeared family member, the potential for her death, the continuing absence of Eulogy. It was all too much. "Maybe I'll see you later." He looked up at her one more time before squaring his shoulders and turning away to try and head back to the den.

-attempted exit-