size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
02-28-2020, 04:34 PM
While Roan had been swift to approach Sirius after getting caught smooching by Zee the silver marked titan had not been as quick to talk to his lover’s mother. Their relationship progressed quickly, something he had never expected especially after having to process the loss of his sister. He wanted to speak to the woman about a few things, he hadn’t said much to her since the cart ride to the Armada’s new lands. She had been right at least, the Iolaire was quick to forgive him. He wondered how much she had really seen that day, and how blind had he been?

Alongside seeking her blessing to take Iolaire’s hand he needed to talk about the bear hunt. He would rally them together in a few days time. He was so close to being back to his former strength, Roan was nearly ready to act on his revenge. The man also wanted to freshen up his memory and tet himself to make sure he was indeed ready to return to the arena. With these thoughts in mind the silver marked titan sought out the grizzled warrior. He still wasn’t quite sure how she could be Io’s mother, but he didn’t question either of them.

Huge paws carried the healing wolf to the common area, dark ears perked as he looked around for her. There was no need for secrecy now, and beyond speaking about Iolaire the woman knew he had business with her mother. Roan tilted his head back after surveying the open area and deciding she wasn’t already in sight. He called out for Resin, having many topics to speak of.

wc:273

As his Wife Iolaire may enter any of his threads.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
02-28-2020, 05:39 PM
Now that she had Dunkan patrolling the borders to build his stamina and muscles, the woman had a lot of free time. In that time, she'd been building. The behemoth dug a second door into the large den that she'd crafted. She lined the outside of the den with stones. A stone fire pit had been built. A short ways off, she created a small den for food storage as she liked to keep her own kills rather than take from the communal stores.

When the call rang out, Resin lifted her head from her task, looking in the direction of the common area. She wasn't one to mingle. Unless others came to her, the woman mostly kept to herself. It was odd to hear a call for her specifically. With a shrug, the older wolf abandoned her task and made her way towards the call.

Upon arriving at the common area with its tamped down grass and massive fire pit, the warrior's lone eye rested upon the man that her daughter had taken a shine to. The scarred brow above that missing eye arched in question, a gesture that her daughter also used frequently. What could he want with her? Coming up before him, the dame spoke in her gruff, growling tones. "Roan..." Nothing seemed wrong with him, so he couldn't have called her here for an emergency. She had to admit, she was curious.

WC-237
Total-510
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
02-28-2020, 06:26 PM
Resin was blessedly quick to meet him, and thankfully didn’t deny his invitation like he had been half afraid of. He had no sway over her, but here she was, the massive one eyed warrior arrived at his call. The silver marked brute was quick to lower his head in a respectful greeting. A thanks for humoring his summons. Verdant green gaze looked back to her as she offered his name and looked at him curiously. At the least she’d get some entertainment.

”Hello, Resin. Thank you for coming.” This was no grand event and he wouldn’t take up more of her time than was necessary. ”Three things.” He started, eyes sharp and words concise, as though he’d been practicing them beforehand. (He had been.) ”I want to request your presence in my vow to seek revenge on the bear that gave me these.” He gestured to the massive scars that marred the right side of his face. ”Second, I’d like to ask you to test me, teach me, to make sure I’m ready to see the task through to completion because, three…”

Roan had to pase softly as he took in a breath and renewed eye contact with the mountain of a woman. ”Afterwards I wish to marry your daughter.” It wouldn’t do, being killed by the bear that brought the two of them together before he’d given his life’s vows to her.

wc:244
total:754

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-29-2020, 06:43 AM
As Roan spoke, Resin couldn't tell if he was trying hard to be so formal or if this was just how he spoke. He got straight to the point, however, and the big woman appreciated that. Three things, he said. The scarred fae's haunches folded and she sat tall, waiting for those three things.

Item number one: he wanted her to help him kill the bear that had taken his sister's life. This was something that Iolaire had mentioned to her. Perhaps Roan didn't know it, but Io had already begged her mother to help him. She had agreed. It was a simple request. Kill the bear. Keep the man safe. For her daughter, she would do this. So, as he made his first request, the woman merely closed her golden eye momentarily and nodded.

Item two: he wished for a spar to test his mettle and see if he was ready to kill said bear. Again, she nodded. A wise decision to make sure that he was up to par. It wouldn't do to get into the cave only to realize that he was incapable of reaching his former potential.

Item three: Roan wished to marry Iolaire upon his return. The massive fae's thick ruff bristled a bit and her piercing gaze narrowed. Was he worthy of Iolaire? There was no doubt that the minuscule fae had taken a liking to the silver flecked man. Why else would she ask Resin to assure his safety? Still... "Iolaire is my only living child," the woman's damaged throat produced the growling tones. "I'll skip the threats and promises. You already know the vow and the repercussions of breaking it."

Rising, she squared her thickly muscled form, head lowering. The woman's tail curled above her spine and she growled low again, "Begin."

WC-300
Total-1054

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
02-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Roan was a rough and tumble kind of wolf, he didn’t have much room in his life for titles or formalities. However, he wanted to show what respect he could to the older woman who was both more experienced than he was and also the mother of the she wolf he wanted to make his wife. Resin silently agreed to his first request, nodding silently. The second request was given the same reaction but it was the third item that made Resin speak.

He wasn’t ready for a fight over the prospective marriage, and he wasn’t asking permission either. Iolaire was a grown wolf who would make her own decisions, he just wanted to get her mother’s blessing. There was no stopping him, as long as he came home. It was Roan’s turn to nod as Resin explained that Io was her last child, he knew. The two of them bonded over the loss of their siblings. Her voice was serious, and he knew the implications even if she didn’t give him and standard threats. He would die before he hurt his tiny healer.

”She’s my whole world, Resin.” These words were nowhere near as practiced. ”I wont break my vow.” He promised as Resin readied herself. However much Roan felt confident in his abilities beforehand he wasn’t as much now after his recovery. ”Before we get physical,” he mirrored her movements anyway, ”Tell me how you plan a bear fight.” His words were a request more than a command.

wc:258
total: 1312

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-29-2020, 08:32 AM
Roan stated that Iolaire was his whole world and that he wouldn't break his vow. Resin could only take him at his word. She barely knew him and could only hope that he would stay true for her daughters sake. "Shall I tell you a secret?" The gruff woman asked, not entirely sure why she was volunteering such information. Iolaire didn't even know. This felt necessary, however. "The last man that she loved. The one that betrayed her. I ended his life just as I ended her fathers." She needed him to know that she was capable. "I'll trust in you to keep your vow for I will never let her suffer like that again." That was her vow. She had been absent for most of Iolaire's life. She definitely wasn't absent now. "If you are true, I'll forever be on your side."

Rather than attack as she'd instructed, Roan wished to speak first. How to plan a bear attack? "Alone, go for the eyes." She made a mock charge, powerful jaws open wide as though she would sink her serrated canines into his face. Drawing back, she circled, head still low. "With a team, you distract the bear," Lunging to the side, the woman snaked her way behind Roan, jaws opening again as she snapped them shut a hairs breadth from his Achilles tendon. "I take out the legs." Padding back around front, black ears flicked forward.

Coming close, the scarred warrior opened her maw, allowing Roan to see the wickedly sharp teeth within. "These teeth shear through meat and muscle like water. One quick snap and I can take a beasts legs right out from under them." Those teeth were the reason that she didn't spar often. If she did, the woman wouldn't use her mouth. It was all brute strength behind her blows.

WC-311
Total-1623