Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesNorthern ExplorerValentines 2020Critical Fail!
02-29-2020, 04:03 PM
I'd rather be dead than live a lie
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha frowned in frustration as she paced next to a pack border. She should've realized there was a pack in the north or else it wouldn't have made sense for her to run into that little horned pup. Natha was itching to explore the lands to the north of the wall. The late morning sunlight was shining through the trees, seeming to make the glitter in the light. Even though summer still held on the cooler temperatures from the volcano meant that there was still snow on the ground. Natha didn't mind. She had the coat for it. The sparse pines towered above her and she took in their unique scent. Ok, maybe she could strike some sort of deal with the pack. She had stocked up on some food and pelts or perhaps she could volunteer her skills in hunting, fighting or exploration. Natha settled near the border and let out a yowl, trying her best to call for the alpha.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-03-2020, 12:43 AM
Head rose at the curious sound of...well...definitely not a wolf. It sounded feline, though he hadn't heard a sound like that in particular coming from one before. Furthermore, it sounded like...it was calling for him? He was both curious and confused, but the Alabaster king wasted no time in going to check it out. Paws carried him steadily towards the border, and as he neared, he spotted something peculiar. A lynx stood at his border, and for a moment he stood beside a pine tree with raised hackles, the pale giant blending with the surroundings as he watched her. He was on the defensive, though the longer he watched, he slowly realized she didn't seem to be there to cause trouble. Having had quite the few run ins with feline predators, he couldn't be too careful now, could he? Especially with young pups running about.

He waited a bit longer before making himself known, the giant finally striding out of the forest towards the cat. By now, his hackles had smoothed back down and his apprehension had dissipated. If she really had ill intentions, he was sure she would have snuck right on in given the chance. But the fact she made herself known and even calling for his attention made it clear she was unlike most other cats of her species. "You stand on the borders of Winterfell, stranger. I must say, it's unusual...to hear someone of your species calling for the alpha of a wolf pack." He admitted. He didn't have too many run ins with other species that didn't involve a fight of some sort.

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

03-05-2020, 08:52 PM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha took her time waiting to investigate the territory as best she could from her place just outside the border. There were a number of birds singing in the trees and a pair of scurrying fox squirrels quickly caught her attention as the sprang from branch to branch. The air smelt strongly of pine and she found herself enjoying the scent before the sound of approaching paw steps caught her attention. A large male wolf appeared and mentioned that she was on the borders of Winterfell. His scent was similar to the young horned wolf she'd seen. This had to be the girls pack.

"I have an unusual request," she purred. "I am curious by nature and an explorer to boot. I have laid a challenge to myself to explore every land in the north. I wish to explore your pack lands and I want to know if there is something I can trade for a tour? I have a number of hides and kills I can offer in exchange."

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-12-2020, 12:50 AM
The visitor wasted no time in explaining why she was here. She wanted to explore his pack lands...even willing to exchange goods for the opportunity to do so. Under normal circumstances, he might've been inclined to do so. But with the raids looming closed and the cloud of the Hjarrandi hanging over him, he felt he ought to be more suspicious now more than ever. For all he knew, they could be sending spies to try and infiltrate his pack. Dig for weaknesses. For all he knew, they could be plotting a raid against him. He hated feeling so suspicious about these things as of late, but until the agreement was done, he had no choice. "Unfortunately, I don't have a need for those things. We've stocked up quite a bit, especially being a crafter myself. While I don't wish to deny you nor keep you from the challenges you've set for yourself, I'm afraid that won't be enough." He paused as he regarded her, feeling like he'd seen her before but couldn't recall when or where. Lynx were common in the northern parts...but he couldn't quite place his paw on it. He was in desperate need for more experienced fighters. Seeing as how half the pack were pups now...but he wasn't about to outright ask her what her experiences were.

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

03-12-2020, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 08:50 AM by Natha.)
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Hmmm, this was going to be trickier than she thought but the man's answer wasn't completely unexpected. Pack wolves were able to amass stores of goods that loners simply couldn't. Not to mention they needed to plan for the winter far more than she did. Lynx were in their element in the winter and it was only recently she'd begun saving up a cash pile of items. Shorty would probably be appaled at what she was about to say but he wasn't here yet. She had a goal to achieve and she would do what she wanted.

"If goods do not meet your price perhaps skills will? I am an expert fighter, training particularly on fighting bears. I am also an experienced navigator. I know how to read the stars and weather. Perhaps a few lessons or something utilizing my skills would be a fair trade?"

Her eyes were momentarily distracted by a chattering squirrel that bounded through the pines, loosening some of the snow and sending it to earth in a flop. There seemed to be many small creatures making a home here in the pines. She imagined that deer would also wander through from time to time. She could see why the alpha had chosen to claim this territory for his pack.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-17-2020, 12:05 AM
He listened quietly and curiously as she spoke. He hated to disappoint but as he said, he was good on items for the time being. Experience, however, was something he certainly could use more of. Especially considering the lack of participation and engagement from his current members...there was a chance her knowledge and skills would prove valuable. Potentially even to help get the kids out of the lack of training rut that they were in. He could only do so much by himself, after all. "Well...I must admit...I am in need of some help with training the younger members. Although I am the alpha, I'm the only one making the initiative for training, along with one or two others. I'm sure my kids would love the opportunity to train with someone of a different species, Winter especially." She was, after all, part cat it seemed. Somewhere, somehow, she had acquired some...oddities. Whether they were from his line somewhere or perhaps her mothers, he couldn't say. Or maybe there was something in the water because there were all manner of mutated wolves cropping up all over the lands nowadays..."What do you think? I can allow you to stay among us for a time to show us what you know, and in exchange, you're welcome to explore our lands?" He did well to keep the desperation from his voice. And while he was desperate to get some help training some of the pack members, he always tried not to let it show.

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

03-18-2020, 06:35 PM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha's ears flicked forward at the mention of the name 'Winter' and she smiled. Ah yes, the young horned and clawed lass she'd run into some time back. She'd be curious to see the girl again though she kept silent about their meeting. She didn't know what rules this alpha set around young ones and she didn't really want to get the wee one into trouble.

To her pleasure the alpha saw value in her experience. "It's a deal. In my travels I've seen wolves with many unique features. If you have members that find themselves blessed with claws such as mine I'm more than happy to help with techniques involving claws. I must be on my way before winter sets in that is my only stipulation. I'm expecting family."

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
04-07-2020, 12:44 AM
"It's a deal. In my travels I've seen wolves with many unique features. If you have members that find themselves blessed with claws such as mine I'm more than happy to help with techniques involving claws. I must be on my way before winter sets in that is my only stipulation. I'm expecting family." Oh thank god. He swore he was holding his breath while he waited for her to answer. When she mentioned the claws, he couldn't help but chuckle. "I know someone who would be really delighted to meet you, then." Of course, he was unaware that his dear little daughter had already met the feline. At the mention of when she would need to leave, he nodded. "Of course, I would not keep you here for any longer than you wish to be." He wondered how soon she could get started with training, though of course, he wasn't going to ask nor expect it right away. "You are welcome to find a den either in the pines, or the ship. They are both claimed by the pack, so wherever you feel more comfortable. Our members are usually friendly, though I expect they'll be surprised to find a Lynx among us. Don't worry about them attacking you, word will be sent to everyone to let them know you are here soon enough."