gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-20-2014, 11:33 PM

Katja's path dropped south once more southward. There were two more packs to visit here, neither of which she knew anything at all about let alone their prior relations with Ebony. The first was a pack she knew was called Covari, but nothing more. She stopped to inspect the scent markers, but learned little more from them. She would need to speak with the alpha if she were to learn where they stood.

Tiring legs braced, Katja called out for the leader to come to her. There would be much to discuss with this pack, many questions that needed answering. It would make for an... interesting conversation.

"Speech"

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-21-2014, 12:04 AM

A rich howl would touch the air, disturbing him from his last touches of claiming and exploring Fern Gully. The boy would lift his head to the direction of the caller, taking note the feminine touches, and the strength in the tones and felt from its call that there was something of importance about to take place.

The Alpha boy would move from Fern Gully and touch onto The Range, one of the first territories Covari had taken and called its own. Crucifix would stop before the dark shape that cut a figure in the light of the day. His easy smile would find its way to his lips as he tasted the scent of other wolves and knew this woman to be a pack wolf ? although her status within the pack could only be guessed at. ?Greetings, stranger. What brings you to Covari borders? I am Crucifix, its Alpha? he would explain ? once again not bothering to go into details of his temporary position as leader, after all he had not seen Vi in a little while and in her absence he must make the decisions of Covari. Like claiming new lands for its swelling members ? all the things that could not wait for its queens return.

"Speech"

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-21-2014, 07:31 AM

A boy approached, marked distinctively by a cross on his shoulder, and the viking woman studied him as he came closer. He moved boldly and with confidence, showing no uncertainty by the appearance of a stranger at the border, but no aggression either. He introduced himself as Crucifix, alpha of this land, and Katja inclined her head in solemn greeting. "Crucifix of Covari, I am Katja, regent of the pack Ebony. Peacefully I come, to speak of the relations between our packs. What doings should Ebony expect of Covari, alpha Crucifix? Aggression, or peace?" Blunt as always, what Katja called diplomacy others might call just not killing people. Her ways were harsh and straightforward, but her stance non-aggressive, her expression cool and calm.

"Speech"

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-21-2014, 01:10 PM
It would quickly become apparent that this meeting would be an intriquing one and the young boy would suprise himself with a feeling of realish to sinking his teeth successfully into diplomocy. It wasn't just the thought of gaining advantage and allies for covari, but finding the right words that would set these things on motion.

The boy would take a seat in the earth before this woman and his tail would tread a slow path behind him as he listened carefully to her words and thought as equally as carefully for his reply. "Alright, regent of ebony. It looks to me like your trying to find your place in this world, and ill be totally frank with you. Where covari stands and what you can expect from us is not entirely to my word, another will sweep in here and reclaim her place as queen and I will return to my duties of beta. Until this time, with myself as ,king I can garantee you that covari means no harm to you or your pack and an alliance would be a welcome option..covari herself is new and flourish with membetz and I dare say allies would be a gift, not a curse" the boy wasn't use to long winded speeches and hoped each word was put to good use. Regardless, he rolled back on his hunches, licking his lips as violet eyes appraised her. They seemed to whisper now 'your play'

Ooc: apologies for.ph post, will spellchecker and table later

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-22-2014, 02:09 PM

"Hm." Katja's noncommittal sound was the only reply to the boy's frank words for a long moment as she considered. She had come a good way to secure this alliance, but it seemed it would be as much a waste of time as stopping at Valhalla or Arcanum would have been. This boy was only a temporary leader, it seemed, simply biding time until the true master of the pack returned. Where, she wondered, was this leader instead of with their pack?

No - she was as temporary as this boy, governing the pack as she waited for either Raisa's return or the pups' coming of age, yet it would be wrong to assume she was in any way unworthy of an alliance for all her temporary nature, and so it would be the same for this boy. "Very well," she spoke finally. "If you will give your word of peace in the time you are alpha, you will have mine as well. For as long as you, Crucifix of Covari, are leader of this pack, Ebony under my leadership shall initiate no war, no aggressive action against this pack or the members thereof. So I do swear."

Her gaze rested coldly on him, though, for she was not finished. "If, however," she continued, "a member of Covari do initiate violence against a member of Ebony, this peace do be void and gods help the wolf who did so. As well, if an ally of Ebony do be besieged by Covari, we will go to their aide despite this agreement. If it is Covari besieged, we will not join the battle on either side," she allowed.

"Speech."

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
06-25-2014, 04:02 PM

There was a lot to be said between the two leaders, but for a moment all the queen would say was a soft murmur between her lips, a sound of thought perhaps. Crucifix waited in silence for a moment, allowing her to think over his words. What he had said was all that he could offer her, well he was Alpha here he would give no reason for Ebony to worry, and he would not allow any of his members to do so. He did not know Vi?s plans and could not give word on her behalf, that would have to be between this woman and Vi after all.

At last the queen would speak, stating her terms. It wasn?t quite a friendship between them, but it was an alliance, an agreement to leave peace between them. Very well, Katji of Ebony, as long as I am Alpha here I will not allow any of my members to cause your pack harm, I accept that you will protect your allies but will not aid them if they attack us unprovoked. For the most part I can agree to these same terms on our behalf, except for Arcanum. As long as Sib is Alpha there as she is like a sister and family to us if you or your allies where to besiege them we would act as through you are attacking family and would go to their aid? Vi was not the only one who was close to Sib, Crucifix himself had enjoyed his time in her company and considered her a close friend.

"Speech"

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-01-2014, 09:54 AM

Katja studied the cross-marked young wolf thoughtfully as he laid out his addendum to the terms. It seemed reasonable enough - family was family after all, but on the other hand it was easy enough to make the claim that someone was like family simply because they were an ally, which would void the entire agreement in her eyes. Family was blood, not friendship, though perhaps... This agreement would likely be void upon his own alpha's return to power anyway, so there would be little time for this loophole to be used against Ebony - and this Sibelle's leadership in Arcanum was in jeopardy anyway, which was why Katja had not gone to them with an offer of alliance.

"Very well, Crucifix," she said evenly. "We are agreed then on the terms of this accord of peace?"