Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-20-2014, 11:26 PM

I can't feel the way I did before

Don't turn your back on me
Her path took her from Glaciem to the small pack known as Tortuga, another northern pack. She understood from rumor from the wolves present at Raisa's meeting with the Tortugan queen that Ebony's past relations with Tortuga had been rocky because of a former member of Ebony, one Katja did not recall ever meeting. She would make her way here, to see if there was some way of salvaging the previous stalemate now that Fugue was gone.

She was tiring of her long journey, but she still had a few packs to go before she could return to Ebony and take up the thread of leadership once more. She was growing soft if she could not make a coast-to-coast-to-coast journey without trouble; she would need to be sure to take the time to train her body as well as care for Ebony. What use was a pack whose alpha was unable to protect it?

Stopping at the border, Katja once again threw back her head and howled, summoning the queen of Tortuga to the border.

"Speech"
I won't be ignored

Time won't heal this damage anymore

August

gems
size
build
player
06-21-2014, 06:56 AM

Once awry was the pack of Tortuga, infected by an unknown disease. It satisfied the summer child to see his packmates healthier than before, hunts called by many wolves. At first, he had been reluctant to join Tortuga, but deep within, he felt he had made the right choice, for he felt like the pack was a close-knit family, of members who will stand for one another through tough times. Honey gaze was strong and clear as he would venture alongside the Tortugan borders, before a call of an alphess would sound, the melodic voice not of his own. Dark pads would skim the ice gracefully, the wind whistling through his pelt, which had grown much thicker in his time living within the Tortugan pack. A ghostly figure would appear in the distance, a respectful distance from the border, obviously not a trespasser. Her mask was rather intriuging as he would ghost toward the Ebony queen. Dark pads would place themselves firmly on the ground as he would sit, about three yards away, minding her personal space.

She had call for the snow Queen, and she would likely arrive soon, but until then, the summer child would keep the shaded tempest company. "Queen Roman will come soon, I am sure." Inky lips parted to give off the words, a smooth and calm tone, even as honey. "Until then, who are you?" Honey gaze swept over the shaded lupa, as he inhaled the scent. 'She is of another pack. But which one?' The shaded tempest did not smell of Valhalla, which was the only pack he had ventured to other than Tortuga, and even then, it had been for diplomacy with Valhalla, should any fighting break out. Was this woman here for diplomacy with the Tortugan pride? It would be likely, should she keep from crossing the borders without the authority's premission.

"Speech"

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-21-2014, 09:47 AM

I can't feel the way I did before

Don't turn your back on me
Her call was answered by a brown-hued male. His stance did not speak of an alpha, but a subordinate, and Katja's silver gaze simply followed him impartially as he approached to sit nearby. His words were confirmation enough as he stated that the queen would be along, and he asked her a question. Slanted eyes regarded him with cool distance, but she saw no harm in giving her name to this border guard. He would hear it anyway, when his alpha arrived. "Katja Finnvi am I, regent of the empire of Ebony," she rumbled to him. "Knowledge of this pack do I seek, and discourse with its alpha. Tell me what you can of your Tortuga while we do wait."

Cool silver eyes gleamed a challenge at the guard as she made her demand. What sort of pack was this Tortuga, and how would they do with Ebony? How would they treat Ebony's new - and very blunt - alpha? These were things she must know.

"Speech"
I won't be ignored

Time won't heal this damage anymore

Roman

gems
size
build
player
06-21-2014, 08:41 PM

Now that the epidemic had passed, and she was slowly returning to full health, her mind had been wandering to visiting the other packs. With the various changes in the lands, she wasn't sure if some of the previous rulers she had spoken with still claimed their thrones. Hell, she wasn't even sure if half of her family in Glaciem had made it through the plague. She'd been slacking, but if ever- she had an excuse, it was now. A call echoed through the forest, and she left out a sigh. Turning away from the stream she had been drinking from, she began walking towards the sound. She didn't rush, rather she moved at a relaxed pace. Her pawsteps were muffled by the snow, as she approached, and she paused in the thick of the tree-line, her violet eyes studying the stranger, as August approached. Very little of their words echoed back towards her from this point.

Stepping forth, from the shadows she would approached, taking in the strangers scent. This was an Ebony wolf, but not the one she had previously met. She stiffened slightly, as she walked, and forced her body to relax. Coming up beside August, she would greet him with a friendly flick of her tail, and look at the stranger. "I am Roman Armada, Queen of Tortuga. What can I do for you? She asked, her tone polite and smooth.

Speech,

August

gems
size
build
player
06-22-2014, 05:16 PM

Honey gaze would sweep over the blunt regent of the Ebony throne. Yet another pack name to remember, should there be any need of battle, to possibly fight against or to fight with should a war become reality. A scent wafted onto his brown muzzle, as he would hear the coming of a dominant wolf in the Tortugan pride. The queen of Tortuga would appear, her bodice moving as delicately as ever, though he knew she recently had been faltering in her activity. It would sweep him off his feet that she had not yet announced the cause, but he knew she was apt for a leader. She had been the wolf who accepted him into Tortuga and comforted him in the loss of his family members, to the shattering earth, and the crumbling rocks. The regent should remain leader of the Tortugan pride until her death.

She greeted him with a friendly flick of her alabaster banner, which he replied to with a rumble within his chest, before the regent of Tortuga would speak, smooth words flowing from her inky lips, an introduction, before the summer child would speak once more, his voice smooth, rumbling with a classical baritone, but at a higher pitch, apt for the young male. "You may call me August, one of Queen Roman's subordinates." Honey eyes would blink as he gave a dip of respect to the Ebony regent, before his voice would rumble once more, "Miss Katja seeks knowledge of our ways, Roman. I will allow you to explain, if you wish." His crown would again dip in respect, his honey irises following the shaded regent of Ebony closely, awaiting her next movement.

"Speech"

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-22-2014, 05:42 PM

The conversation was paused as another approached, introducing herself as the queen of Tortuga and asking her purpose. The border guard introduced himself as August, and gave her mission to the queen as that of seeking knowledge of the pack. "From you, Roman of Tortuga, there is more I do seek than simple knowledge," she corrected, then introduced herself once more. "Katja Finnvi I do be, newly placed by Raisa as ruler of Ebony and her children's guardian. I am aware of what transpired with you and Ebony in the past - I do come asking that to be put in the past, I do ask for peace and friendship between Ebony and Tortuga." She paused, cocking her head to the side, deciding to be completely frank with the other leader. "Two small packs are we, alone and with few allies. Together Ebony and Tortuga would be strengthened. Alliance I do offer, but if that be not to your liking, a peace accord I would ask."

Roman

gems
size
build
player
06-25-2014, 01:27 PM

She regarded the Ebony wolf neutrally, as August spoke. She nodded slightly, and spoke. "Thank you, August." Her words were soft but warm for the cohort. As Katja spoke, Roman listened, intently- her ears pricking towards her as she took in what the other Queen would say. At the mention of past issues with Ebony, her ears flattened slightly. She would let Katja finish uninterrupted, before she would speak. She noted the woman's odd dialect, and could only wonder she came from. Finally, it would seem- Katja would say her piece. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Queen Katja." She said smoothly, and with a slight smile. "What you say, is true about the past I have with one of your former Ebony wolves, but I hold no ill will towards Ebony." She wished to clarify her feelings toward Ebony. It wasn't their fault that Fugue had chosen to reside there.

"I would like an alliance between both Ebony and Tortuga. We are both small, and a friendship could benefit each other." She added before pausing to allow Katja a chance to speak.

Speech,

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-01-2014, 09:40 AM

The Tortuga woman spoke sensible words, speaking of her issue with the Ebony wolf not affecting her feelings toward Ebony in general. It was an interesting stance, and one Katja was not sure she would agree with - a pack should be held accountable for the wolves it chose to allow sanctuary within it... but perhaps it was an admirable viewpoint for this wolf, and she would not argue it.

"Truly an alliance would greatly benefit both Ebony and Tortuga," she said instead. She had not missed Roman's surname, and it was one she had heard before, quite recently in fact, and she would hope that this branch of the family held no enmity toward the other, for she continued cautiously with, "Recently has Ebony allied with a pack called Glaciem, led by another Armada. A relative of yours perhaps?"

Roman

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2014, 11:48 AM

She found it hard to continue hating Fugue- he was dead now- according to his father. What she hated, was everyone constantly bringing him up. She pushed the bitterness aside, focusing instead on the bright futures that Ebony and Tortuga could have together. She nodded, as Katja spoke, signifying her agreement with the words she said. "What would the terms of such an alliance be?" She asked curiously. As the Ebony Queen spoke again, Roman smiled slighty. "Ah, Queen Athena Armada." She acknowledged with a chuckle. "Yes, Queen Athena is my half-sister. We share a father in King Isardis, though he's stepped away from his crown." She would explain politely, pride evident in her tone. Yes, she was quite proud of her sister- of her family.

Speech,