size
Large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantDouble Master
04-04-2020, 09:07 AM
That Sea is just a Gambler at Heart

Somehow Dómari had over shot the battlefield. Or at least he thought he had. He gazed out across the land from the base of a nearby mountain and tried to get his bearings. For all the traveling he'd done he didn't really consider himself a navigator and when he'd been searching for his brother it hadn't really mattered since he really didn't know where he was going. He squinted out east. Shoot. Yea, he was pretty sure he was still too far west.

The older man started climbing down the mountain side when he caught sight of a large yellowy shape leaving the bushes nearby. A massive male polar bear suddenly froze and looked at him, he stared back. In that moment of eye contact he realized his mistake as the bear immediately took it as a challenge by another predator and he was not going to stand for that in his territory. The bear roared and dove for him. Dómari yelped and dove out of the way but as he moved he tripped. Oh shit!

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
04-04-2020, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 09:17 AM by Resin.)

Wandering paws had led the maned woman north yet again. Though winter was on its way, it wasn't moving fast enough. With her mind on many things, the one-eyed fae let her daughter know that she was leaving and set out to work through things. Being in a pack was difficult for her. Especially when she wasn't the one leading it. She was sure that Sirius was a decent enough wolf, but that didn't matter to her. She needed to get out. Either to rule her own territory or to live alone as she had before.

Thoughts swirled like a miasma in the giant dames brain and were only tamped down when she heard the familiar lowing growl of a bear on the hunt. The yelp that followed instantly drew her attention and she was barrelling forward instinctively. Rounding a bend, she saw an older brute dive out of the way of a charging bear. The beast was big. Really, really big. And it looked hungry too. Keeping her momentum going, Resin charged the bear, lowering her head to slam hard into its ribcage. The bear lost its footing and went flying to the ground. It would give the brute enough time to get to his feet and choose to fight or flee.

Coding|Alice. Art|Resin.

[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
04-04-2020, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 09:31 AM by Lúta.)
I wanted to seek, but I got distracted

Lúta worked her way back north toward waterfall peak. She wasn't sure yet where she wanted to stay for the winter. The northern territories reminded her more of home but as she'd never experienced a winter in Boreas she wasn't sure what exactly she was getting herself into. She opted to explore one more time then try and make a decision. With autumn half way passed she was running out of time to make a decision and get her winter den stocked full with the items she'd left in various other storage dens.

She was working her way up the mountainside when a roar caught her attention. It was a bear, a big bear and she spied a large polar bear working its way toward a wolf who had just tripped. Oh no! She turned and raced back down the mountain side just as Resin appeared and slammed into the bear, catching it completely off guard. Thank the spirits! She was glad to see the warrior here. Lúta quickly moved to help the male get back to his feet and out of the way. Just in time as the bear recovered and eyed the three wolves. Lúta's bright coat immediately spelled trouble. She wasn't sure if the bears saw in color or if it was her movement but either way the bear focused in on her and charged. Her claws came out and she swatted the bear right across the face, drawing blood and sending it staggering back in surprise.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

04-04-2020, 09:35 AM

Dómari stumbled as he tried to get to his feet just as some mysterious woman slammed into the bear, knocking it off its feet. He stared in shock but at that moment as another brightly colored woman appeared to help him back on his paws. He steadied himself, swiftly setting his defenses. Surely the bear would go away? Three versus one was- nope. The bear gave no fucks and immediately charged for the brightly colored woman who scratched it right across the face.

Dómari took the opportunity to dive forward and catch the bear's left wrist in his teeth. He shook his head violently, tearing as much flesh as he could before the bear knocked him away, sending sliding several feet down the mountain side before he managed to stop himself.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Perhaps whatever gods ruled these lands were looking down upon the wolves today, for a moment later, Luta arrived. Resin was glad of it. She knew the other woman's skill and would fight beside her any time. The scarred woman even cracked a bit of a grin as she waited to see where the battle would go. She enjoyed times like these. If the trio played their cards right, they could be feasting on bear before nightfall.

The bear rushed Luta and she acted accordingly. The brute found a front paw and, while they had the front end distracted, Resin darted to the side and made her way behind the yellowing bear. It stumbled back from the swipe that Luta had given it and it stepped right into her awaiting jaws. It had worked with the tiger and it would work with this beast as well. Serrated teeth snapped together, severing the tendon in the bears back left leg. As it swung to see where the pain was coming from, it sunk to one knee, its back leg no longer working. Resin dove out of the way, but was already on her way around to hopefully nab the other leg.

Coding|Alice. Art|Resin.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
04-04-2020, 09:48 AM

Lúta risked a glance at the man as he slid but he was already back on his feet good. She heard the call of pain and grinned as the bear was down on one knee. She recognized the strategy and immediately lunged for the side of the bears head that was facing her, in order to take its attention off of Resin so she could finish her work. Lúta's fangs latched onto the bears face as her claws dug into the side of it's neck but as the bear twisted her grip shifted and her upper fangs plunged right into its eye. It roared and shoved her aside with it's uninjured front paw sending her flying. She felt its claws nick her side and the bruises she'd sustain from the blow and her landing would be brutal. She felt her fur torn and shredded on the rocks as she received a brutal road burn. Cursed thing! But at least the bears attention was on her and the man who immediately leapt into action as she was tossed aside.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

04-04-2020, 09:55 AM

Dómari scrambled back up to where the fight was taking place, pausing for a moment to gaze at the woman who brought the bear to its knees. He could appreciate her ferocity for long though as the fight was still going. The colorful woman was knocked aside and Dómari took advantage of the bear's extreme pain and disorientation to latch onto it's wrist again, the same one he had before. Another violent shake of his head and the tendons and ligaments tore, crippling the paw. The bear yowled before its teeth seized onto Dómari's scruff and he found himself being shaken violently until at last he was able to wiggle out of the bears grasp. Blood poured down his scruff, matting his fur and he stumbled back to his feet panting.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-04-2020, 10:05 AM

Her attention was pulled away from her task when the bear sent Luta flying. It then latched into the brute and gave him a shake. Worry bit at her as the man went flying as well. She only waited until she saw him get to his feet before she acted. With two paws out of commission, it seemed safe enough to take on the head where the other two were. Three against one should take the beast out quickly. Though the bear was bloodied and enraged, that rage made it stupid and the injuries made it slow. Resin was in its line of sight so it lunged at her, but she sidestepped. Teeth found the bears face, latching into its muzzle and cheek. If she could hold on, the other two could take its throat. The bear wrapped its arms around her thick body and squeezed. Pain lanced through her spine, but she refused to let go. Not until the beast was dead.
Coding|Alice. Art|Resin.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

04-04-2020, 10:13 AM

Lúta carefully rose to her feet and shook out her coat, dislodging the debris from her flesh as she assessed the situation. The man had been shaken and was bleeding badly. At that moment Resin took hold of the bear's muzzle and Lúta knew what she needed to do, as much as she didn't like it the bear would need to be killed. With it's crippled legs it was unlikely to make the winter anyway and in these days of scarce prey it was every predator for themselves. She raced forward and latched her jaws around it's throat. One set of claws dug into the bears chest while the other set wrapped around the back of the bears head and side. She was straddling it's shoulder as her jaws dug at its throat. She could feel the beast shudder and let loose a gurgling roar.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

04-04-2020, 10:17 AM

Dómari shook the blood from his pelt as he tried to focus through the pain. The women dove for the bears face and throat and Dómari raced around behind it as he leapt on the bear's back, his teeth snagged it's ears and he pulled it's head sharply back so that they'd have an easier time slaying the great beast. Served it right for thinking it owned the whole stinking territory. Dómari had never asked to be attacked and in his opinion a little bit of eye contact was no reason to try and kill somebody.

The bear shuddered then toppled forward, dead. Dómari scrambled off to check on the women, hoping they hadn't been squished by the bear. "Hey! Are you guys alright? Thank you for your help!"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-04-2020, 10:21 AM

Luta did what needed to be done and bit into the bears throat. If it wasn't for the brute jumping on the bears back, it very well might have arched and flung the scarred woman away. She continued to hold onto it's muzzle, cutting off its air supply. Eventually, lack of oxygen and blood loss did its job and the beast died. It dropped to the ground and Resin pulled back, her face black with blood. Her ribs and spine were throbbing where the bear had been squeezing her. The woman sat, head lowered, jaws wide, and tongue lolled in a pant. The brute questioned them and she merely nodded, not able to speak just yet.

Coding|Alice. Art|Resin.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

04-10-2020, 10:26 AM

Lúta held firm until the bear finally collapsed. She let go of her grip and squirmed out from under the bear before shaking out her coat. She sat down heavily, panting. "Ugh… yea…" She nodded at the older man. "What about you?" She eyed the place where he was bleeding and worked at catching her breath so that she would be better able to help. The adrenaline still made her feel a bit shaky and she knew she had some bruises to deal with but she could tend to herself later.

"I do have some healing supplies with me if anyone needs some help." Of course she'd need to back track a bit to where she'd set her bundle down before leaping into the fray. Hopefully no one had taken off with it.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

04-10-2020, 10:30 AM

Dómari sighed in relief as both women nodded to him to confirm that they were, at least mostly, alright. He'd have felt terrible if someone had gotten seriously wounded or killed because he wasn't paying enough attention. Relief washed over him and he sat heavily, trying to still the nerves in his body that were still hopped up on adrenaline. He glanced to Lúta and considered her offer. His neck was bleeding considerably and he had a long way to go to get home. Dómari nodded. "Yea, actually, that might be good. My pack is clear in the southwest so I've got a ways to go. My name is Dómari Xanilov by the way." He moved to lay down like a sphinx, utterly exhausted by the effort of the battle.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

04-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Luta offered healing and Resin shook her head in the negative. "I'm in pain, but I'll be fine." Sitting was a little much and she dropped to lay upon her side, her moves slow and careful. Her spine throbbed and she closed her single golden eye against it. The man gave his name and agreed to the healing. "Resin," she gave her own name simply.

Rest would be a necessity before she could travel all the way home. She opened that eye again and watched as Luta looked over the man named Domari. His flesh was a little shredded, but it didn't look terribly serious. "Luck was on your side today," she offered a bit of casual conversation. Had she and Luta not been near... things could have turned out much worse for him.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

04-12-2020, 02:35 PM

Lúta nodded. "Ok, just a second, I'll get my supplies." Lúta trotted back to where she had dropped her bundle. Everything seemed to be in ok shape. She scooted the corners back together then picked it up in her mouth and trotted back over to Resin and Dómari. Once she arrived she set her bundle down and pulled out a piece of leather. She unwrapped it to reveal an ointment of yarrow. "This should help with the pain and the bleeding." She delicately put her paw in it before smearing it onto Dómari's wounds. Satisfied with her work she cleaned up and wiped her paw on the grass.

"There that ought to do it." She turned to Resin with a grin. "It's good to see you again, though I wish we could run into each other without there being something to fight." She chuckled.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

04-12-2020, 02:39 PM

Dómari nodded as Resin spoke. "Yea, no kidding. I honestly can't thank you both enough. If you ever need anything from me let me know. The way I see it I owe you. My pack is called Valhalla." The colorful woman left but in moments she was back to tend to his scruff. He held still as best he could while she applied the ointment, flinching as he did so but once the cream was in place it began to feel better.

Dómari stood and gazed in the direction he needed to head. "Thanks again. You two take care." With that he started heading back to Valhalla. He had quite a story to tell now to anyone who would listen. Hopefully no one would be too mad about him almost getting eaten.

-exit?-