Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
04-07-2020, 11:17 PM
He was surprised to catch the scent of snow leapard near the den of his sister. At first, he picked up his pace, and then he slowed as approached and realised the scent of it and Io mingled together in harmony. Whatever its reason for being here, it hadnt started any fights. Still, he was instantly on edge and made a gruff barking noise that summoned his companions to him immediately.

Bast cane first, rushing through the undergrowth, and then pausing, standing poised in the grass, air to the wind. A peculiar expression in her feline face. Sirius didnt give her much attention, branching for Marshal who landed heavily on his back, and then looping towards the door of his sisters cottage, and knocking briskly.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
04-07-2020, 11:35 PM
When the knock came, Iolaire had been inside her den with her new companion. With the leopard, she was trying to get used to her new, strange paws. Weeks ago they had begun to ache terribly. Her digits had elongated, the flesh between receding. Her dew claw had thickened and turned. She could now grasp things in a more precise manner. It was odd, but her paws were now like Enki's. Dexterous and flexible. Together, the pair were braiding a long rope made out of strips of deer skin. They'd made quite a few just for practice.

Black ears perked as the knock sounded. Excusing herself, Io went to the door and smiled as she saw her brother waiting for her. "Hello there." Rising up, she gave her giant sibling a kiss on the nose before inviting him inside. Surprisingly, she moved well on her strange, mutated feet. They still looked very paw like when she walked, thankfully. From across the room, Enki released a low rumble. The cat hadn't met Sirius yet and so was a bit apprehensive. When he smelled the female cat behind him though, round ears flicked forward with interest.

"Sirius, this is Enki." She swept one long paw out towards the silver leopard. "Enki, this is my brother, Sirius." The same paw swept back towards the huge canine. "I found Enki injured and he came back so I could heal his fractured paw. Very pleasant gentleman." Seating herself, she looked up to Sirius, wondering about his visit.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
04-08-2020, 12:07 AM
The last of his fears faded as his smiling sister opened her door and kissed him upon his snout. His shoulders eased, and a grin spreed across his muzzle. He went from coma doing warlord to dotting brother in the blink of an eye. Even his vulture relaxed upon his shoulder. He didnt turn to Bast, so he continued to miss her strange expression.

He entered the room and was introduced to the very cat that had worried him. The leopard seemed relaxed, and Ios approval of him was all he needed. He nodded his head in the creatures direction in greeting. He mostly dismissed him after that, no longer seeing him as a threat. Instead he sat next to his sisters absently telling Bast to close the door behind her. "I feel like it's been too long since I spent time in your pleasant company" he admitted to his sister. He heard the door close and looked up, and blinked in surprise. Bast hovered shyly by the door, none if her usual comfort showing, where she was normally happy to flop down besides his sister and quietly cuddle. "What's gotten into you Bast" he gently scolded.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

04-09-2020, 08:26 PM
As her brother spoke, Iolaire moved about the cottage, putting the ropes away and cleaning up the remnants of her task. Sirius confessed that he had missed spending time with her and the tiny woman smiled. "I've missed you as well. We've both been rather busy, haven't we." It wasn't a question. It was a fact. He was busy with running a pack and being a father. She was busy with her extensive garden and healing the various wolves that came by.

When Sirius questioned Bast, Io brought her attention to the lady cat. She followed Basts line of sight and her gaze landed on Enki. Ohhhh. Oh hoho. Enki had the same frozen look on his face as well. Iolaire cleared her throat, trying to hide the grin on her face. "Let's... head outside, shall we? It's a lovely, sunny day." Having put the things away, she pushed past the skin hanging over the doorway. There was a sort of porch out front with skins and cushions upon it. She and Roan regularly rested here. She settled herself and patted the skin beside her, offering a place to Sirius.

Enki crept out of the cottage after the rest of them had left. He hesitantly moved to Iolaire's other side and, much like a child, peeked around her, casting his gaze towards Bast. Until she looked at him, that was. When her gaze met his, the male leopard quickly turned his head, pretending to look at anything else.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-09-2020, 09:04 PM
Sirius gave a weary sigh, knowing it was true. What with herding pups and border patrols, he had let some of his other duties slip by without his realising - things like spending more time with his sister. He missed Io’s steady presence. She was a force of calm, and all he had to do was remember the long days they had spent here together, with the land covered in ash, as they worked through his problems. Io knew a lot more about him than most.

He was a little surprised at her suggestion they head out, but realised she must feel a little cramped with the Warlord in her cottage. He politely got to his feet, and followed her out the door. He rested beside her on the caucions, admiring the porch, and the open home she had made for herself here. “How are you and Roan going?” he asked softly, needing to pry a little into her life, and know what was going on in her thoughts. Roan had come to him, and asked/told him, but he hadn’t really spoken to Io about it. He was glad she had found someone, and that it was someone content to stay in the Armada, a warrior, who could look out for her.

As the two of them talked, Bast sat mutely behind him, and in the times when Enki wasn’ looking, she was. They inadvertently played a game of peekaboo from behind their wolves. There was a flush to her cheeks. If Sirius had taken a moment to think about it, he would realise the leopard he had raised from a cub had spent no time among her own kind.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

04-09-2020, 09:23 PM
Autumn was taking over and the air was cool, but the sun warmed them well enough. It soaked into her dark pelt and likely did the same to her darkly colored brother. It was nice to simply lounge and spend time with Sirius. They were both so busy that it was about time for them to just talk. Sirius started the conversation by asking about Roan and herself. Casting a sly side-eye at the giant man, the tiny wolf grinned. "Roan is... perfection. I've never been treated so well. He's everything that I've always wanted, but never thought that I would have." After her joy, darker thoughts came. "I just wish that I could give him children. There's nothing that I want more."

Trying to brush away her negative thoughts, she focused on more positives. "Your darling brood comes to see me often. Indigo is in my garden constantly." She absolutely adored the four Fatalis children. They made her inability to conceive easier to deal with. They trusted her and she adored them. "How are you faring with them?" She wondered how her big, tough brother was finding fatherhood. Were his children surprising? Did he understand them?

While the wolves were talking, Enki continued to peek at Bast here and there. The repeated action made Iolaire roll her eyes and she finally said, "Why don't you two go take a walk? Hunt some dinner? Anything." There was laughter in her voice and her green-gold eyes sparkled. The cats were both shy and it was rather comical.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-09-2020, 09:45 PM
He was glad to hear that Roan had done no wrong, and would have let in the thought that no wolf was perfect… before remembering Zee, who could do no wrong. Every choice she made was the right one, and he would do anything to keep her happy. Perhaps he could understand the sentiment, the direction Io was coming from. He decided to simply be happy for her, and offered her an easy grin.

The mention of children brought his paw forward, to cup gently across her own in support. He couldn’t fix that for her, but he would, if it was within his capabilities. Perhaps he should be grilling every healer he crossed paths with.

“They are absolute trouble” he said woefully when the attention turned to his own boord, but the laughter in his eyes told her the love he felt for them. “Asla is a spitfire, and Azure is going to step on the wrong toes one of these days. Indigo is a sweetheart, who follows more in your footsteps then mine. Mort… Mort is doing better.” the boy even made a kill, a far cry from who he had been the first time the Warlord had taken him hunting.

His attention was wholly on his sister, and he blinked in surprise when she spoke to their companions, looking from Bast to Io with surprise. When his leopard looked to him, he nodded his ascent, and she got to her paws. Shyly, demurely, stepping closer to Enki to walk, as she was bidded by the healer.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

04-10-2020, 08:18 AM
She listened as Sirius spoke of each of his children and agreed with each assessment. Asla had spunk, Indy was her little apprentice, Mort was improving and Az had an attitude. The little healer cast a sidelong glance at her brother. "I know that Azure is getting on my mothers last nerve. She's mentioned him several times." She growled a bit, pretending to have Resin's gruff tones. "The boy has no honor. He doesn't think before he acts. He's going to get himself killed." She gave her head a shake. She didn't know the full details, but she had assured her mother that Azure would grow up some day. He just needed to learn.

Io gave a little stretch, flexing her strange paws. "Fatherhood suits you." She flexed her toes again. "On another note, look at these." She wiggled the longer digits towards him, complete with opposable thumbs. "I have no idea what happened... but it happened. Oddly enough, Enki has paws like this as well. He's a very good cat."

And speaking of cats... Enki was incredibly shy as the pair of leopards meandered off into the long grass. He'd been on his own the majority of his life as was the leopard way. Being in close contact with the wolves, however, had made him see his solitude a little differently. The smell and closeness of this pretty, young leopard woman made the cat feel all sorts of strange, new things.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-10-2020, 03:51 PM
He raised an eyebrow at that one. He knew the older woman had given him a heart attack after the Mortis-Can’t-Fly episode, and he had told Azure not to let anyone make him weak. He didn’t intend to punish Resin for manhandling his child, and he expected Azure to make up his own bravery. He didn’t know what that entailed, or how his child was dealing with it.
It unnerved him that Resin thought he was just as likely to step in a nest of vipers.

“It does” he agreed lazily. He loved his children, and he did his best to nurture them, with no fatherly role model to draw upon. He looked closer at Io’s paws when she showed them to him, and he grunted in surprise. “Haven’t sipped any witches brews have you?” he asked, thinking of the festival that had given him his claws, and Zee her horns.

--

Bast continued to look coyly at the other cat, gaining the courage to step closer to him as they walked, and flicking her tail gently against him. She had no idea how to flirt, but she was giving it the best she got. She hadn’t seen a handsome male snow Leopard in all of her life, and she wasn’t letting this one go easily.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

04-12-2020, 03:37 PM
Enki bristled and blushed as the woman brushed against him. This was overload and gods was he shy! What did he need to do? He needed to show her that he was good at hunting. He could provide for her. Right. Darting off into the underbrush without warning, Enki was gone for quite a while. When he returned, he was holding a fat grouse between his jaws which he placed at the female's paws before stepping a few paces back. In his experience, a female leopard was just as likely to swat you with claws as she was to thank you.

-----

"Witches brew?" Iolaire cackled and gave her head a shake. "No, not that I'm aware of. Besides, I'm the closest thing to a witch around these parts, am I not?" She still had no explanation as to why her paws had split and grown. She wasn't complaining though. "With these, I'll be able to craft many new things. I've been working on my braiding technique with Enki. We're getting pretty good working together." Io imagined that, before long, she would be crafting chainmail, weapons, and many other things that the Armada could use.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-18-2020, 12:00 AM
Bast blinked in surprise at his absence, as he shot off into the woods, and would think she had scared him off with her brash touch. She growled, and sunk her hunched to the ground, tail flicking in agitation behind her. She was considering how to win over the leopard, or knock some sense into him, when he returned with a nice plump grouse. He placed it right before her, between her paws, stepping in close, and then stepping away again. She leaned down daintily, and sniffed at the offering, her tail smoothing in a gentle sway as she picked up the food, stepped towards him, into the crook of his arm, whether he wished it or not, and placed the food down again. There, before him, she would eat.

---

“Interesting” he mused , it was definitely intriguing. He wondered if the volcano had anything to do with the many changes he had seen in the wolves of the Armada - and Ashen both. His own brood were definitely touched, with their many mutations. “You are, your my Ashen Witch” he agreed, with a gentle chuckle. “I imagine those paws are very handy to a healer. Certainly my claws come in use for crafting” he mused

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

04-20-2020, 10:26 AM
A chill went up Enki's spine as the woman came closer with the kill that he'd made for her. His nostrils flared with heavy breathing as she lay down close to eat. This was... unheard of. In the wilds where he was from, interaction between males and females was minimal. They didn't want to be around one another. It looked as though this one, Bast, wanted to be around him, however. The thought was intriguing. A year round woman? Dare he dream? Pale green eyes watched her as she ate. He was afraid to move while she did so, his body tense and bristled slightly.

----

Iolaire laughed at his words. "Witch indeed. I'll take the title. Others fear witches. Gotta make up for my lack of size, eh?" With a grin, she nudged her brother. The sun overhead was warming her and making her sleepy. A yawn pulled from her and she gave her small skull a shake afterwards. "They're incredibly useful. I didn't realize how much I couldn't do until then." She gave him another nudge. "We should take a nap. When was the last time that neither of us had anything to do and we could just... nap?"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-20-2020, 05:43 PM
Bast had been raised by wolves, and knew little of her own kind. She just knew she was lonely, that she saw the interactions Sirius got with his people, his Zee, his sister, his children, and longed for a close connection herself. As much as she loved the wolves, she wanted to know what it would be like to be held by one of her own kind. She finished the kill, and turned, licking the other cat across his cheek.

-

“Little Witch” he teased, as she said she would take the title. She yawned and nudged him, and he turned to the smaller wolf, love for a family member on his maw as he pulled her close, wrapping a paw around her. “nothing sounds more lovely” he agreed softly.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

04-29-2020, 06:07 PM
Pins and needles shot through Enki and his fur stood on end. She licked him! What was all of this? He was thoroughly confused. None of this made any sense to him until he mulled it over for a time. When Bast licked him, he froze, remaining still. Only when the gears in his brain started to move did his tension ease. This was a cat among wolves. Did she feel more like a wolf than a leopard? How long had she been here? In his own world. Enki was a little strange. Not just because of his odd paws, but because he was never eager to see a woman off. Maybe.... Maybe this one would stay?

Reaching out one paw, Enki placed it upon one of Basts smaller paws. When she didn't pull away, a surge of happiness spread warmly through him. He was regaining his confidence. Rising, he moved to stand beside her, prompting her to take a walk with him.

--------

Little Witch she might be. Iolaire would wear the title gladly. When Sirius tugged her close like she was no more than a pup, the woman snorted softly, but leaned against him, using his thick foreleg as a pillow. It wouldn't take long before the comfort of her brother's breathing lulled her into sleep.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-30-2020, 11:11 PM
THe male leopard placed one of his paws over hers, and she pushed her own paw further into the earth, determined not to move it. Her eyes she cast upwards, looking up at him, demure and inviting. In response, he got to his feet again, indicating for her to follow. She moved without hesitation, brushing close to him, a deep purring starting in the back of her throat. She followed the other cat, wherever he might lead.

-

She was so small against him, like cradling one of his young pups. He was a giant in a normal wolf's world, and he always had to tread carefully so he did not injure those he loved. The Warlord would be her pillow, happily so, as lay against the sun-warmed surface of her deck, his sister pillowed against him. Sleep would come easily to the Warlord, with Marshal on watch, and bast nearby. He was in the heart of his territory, and his beloved sister was beside him. A satisfied rumble sounded in the back of his throat, until sleep claimed him.