Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesNorthern ExplorerValentines 2020Critical Fail!
04-23-2020, 11:58 AM
I'd rather be dead than live a lie
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha scowled as she watched the clouds rolling in from the north. The day had started off cloudy and chilly and it looked like it would remain that way. She'd been searching high and low but it was finally becoming clear that the Gang wasn't going to be showing up after all. Were they laughing at her? Their new member so eager to please? She batted a rock away as she strode around the outskirts of a wolf pack.

What was she going to do now? Natha sighed. She supposed she'd move back up north where she was more comfortable and just start her life as a loner again. However at that moment she caught a familiar scent. Tamsyn? Natha cautiously approached the border and bent her head to sniff it. There was no mistaking it. That was Tamsyn's scent. She had greatly enjoyed the she-wolf's company. She didn't care much for these warmer territories but in a fit of impulse she threw back her head and yowled. She wanted to get the alpha's attention. Maybe she'd try being a more permanent member of a wolf pack. At least she already knew she had a friend here.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
04-23-2020, 03:26 PM
The young boy was on patrol with his father, when the call rang out for the Alpha. Mortis looked up at his dad, who looked back down at him, and gave him a wry smile. “Diplomacy face on Mortis, let's go see what this is about” the boy gave a wiggle at the thought of being included, and bounded after his did.

When they arrived, it shocked him to realise he recognised the stranger. "Natha, Natha!" Oh had she come to the borders looking for him? That was so exciting, no one had ever come to the borders for him before [b]"Oh dad! I stumbled in front of a bear and she came flying out of the sky and distracted him, and we scared him off with the help of another wolf, and it was wicked!" he said with enthusiasm, catching his father's attention.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
04-23-2020, 03:26 PM
He was teaching his Heir the ropes, and taking him along the border on patrol, when a yowl sounded not too far away. He paused, tilting his head in confusion. It was closer to the sound Bast would make than a wolf, but it wasn’t any of his companions usual tricks to get his attention. It could well mean a threat.

He looked to his son, but knew he could protect him from any danger that came to their border, and had his warriors nearby if he needed back up. This could be a lesson to the boy, of being ready, and potential threats.

He took him with him, and when the two of them approached, Mortis changed his demeanor to one of recognition. Sirius knew of the bear incident of course, Bast had been trailing his son, and fetched him as soon as it happened. By the time Sirius arrived, they had cleared out, and his son was fine. Apparently, this cat was one of the creatures he had to thank for his son's well being. But why was she here? To collect on his debt to her? “Natha, I presume. It seems I owe you my thanks. How can I help you?” his voice was calm, and polite, but just a touch weary. He prefered not to owe strangers.

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

04-23-2020, 04:09 PM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha's pensive face broke out in a smile as she recognized the pup bounding toward her. "Well, well, the captain of Club Cat! My you sure are growing. Have you been well?" She grinned as Mortis told the tail of their exploits with the bear. She wondered how many trees he had climbed. His paws looked like they had claws similar to his own and with practice and his unique wings he'd be able to manage such aerial attacks himself.

She turned her attention to the father. The resemblance was obvious and she dipped her head in a respectful greeting. "Not a problem! Your son was quite the help and I was already being harassed by the bear when he wandered in. It's a long story, but I find myself homeless. I lived for a bit with a wolf pack in the north fulfilling a promise and I think I'd like to try again. I recognized Tamsyn's scent here. We travelled quite a bit when she was in the north and if you wouldn't mind unusual company I'd like to join your pack. I'm a fighter and navigator and I believe Mortis and Tamsyn can attest to this."

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
04-23-2020, 04:31 PM
Mortis’s grin only grew when she clearly remembered him, and labelled him captain of Club Cat. The warrior in training had never felt so validated. He did a little excited leap, Natha was his discovery, and now she was here at the borders. It was all very exciting for a young pup. He resisted the urge to jump forward and hug the cat, knowing his dad would tell him off, and that this was supposed to be serious and training for his future. He managed to settle down, sitting his rump near his father, tail wagging behind him in eager excitement. But other then that, he managed to look reasonably composed.

He almost lost his pose when she mentioned joining but he glanced up at his father, and kept still. He would play with Natha after his father accepted her into the pack and released him from his duties for the day. He had no doubt that his dad would add the cat to the pack. She was a wicked warrior! “She kicks ass” he promised his father - since Natha had said he could attest to her skills.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
04-23-2020, 04:32 PM
The Warlord looked at his excited offspring, and managed to hold in his laughter, shaking his head at the pup's antics, and keeping his attention on the cat. It was clear the two of them knew each other and got on. She had saved Mortis’s life, and now she wanted entry into the pack. As a general rule, he didn’t turn away someone who wasn’t afraid to take on a bear.

The Armada could always use more warriors... the only issue was that he didn’t have a habit of giving other species status. He took and trained creatures as companions. However, he supposed Bast was growing on him, and he couldn't see Zee taking offense. As for the rest of the pack? They would fall in line, he was the Warlord. “We could always use an extra warrior” he said easily, as through he hadn’t just been considering the ethics of giving her the same rights of a wolf.

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

04-23-2020, 06:56 PM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha could see that he was thinking and the strangeness of her request wasn't lost on her. A cat in a wolf pack was pretty absurd. Even she was wondering what she was thinking but after spending time with Tamsyn and Lyulf she was finding she really enjoyed having a bit of company. Plus, thinking back to the Winterfell raid, she had to admit wolves really knew how to party.

The man spoke, stating they could always use another warrior. She grinned. "Glad to hear it. What do you need from me? As a pack warrior what do my duties entail?"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-23-2020, 08:01 PM
He sent Mortis to continue the border patrol without him, knowing full well the young pup would be finding Natha as soon as he was free and peppering her with questions and the like. The two of them would have a moment to breathe without the excited pup hanging over them now, and the cat would ask him what her duties would entail.

It would still take him some time to look at the cat and see a wolf, but The Warlord would be quick to adjust to having the feline in his ranks. He had made his decision, and now he would proceed with it with his bull-headed determination.

“Walk with me” he suggested to Natha, so he could show her around her new territory. “The Armada warriors guard our borders, offer protection to the hunters and healers as needed, and train in preparation for raids and the like.” he explained to her as he walked. “The general warrior rank takes up the bulk of our fighters, but those with ambition have plenty of room for promotion.” he continued.

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

04-25-2020, 12:02 PM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Mortis was sent to continue his patrol and Natha shot the young wolf a parting grin. She was eager to get to speak with him again, this time without the presence of a bear. Sirius asked her to walk with him and she swiftly obliged, falling in pace next to him as she examined the territory. A navigator first before a warrior it was where her interests ultimately laid. There was something so majestic about the lands they lived in. These plains still held scars from the eruption but the grasses were growing in rich and beautiful, stained gold by the arrival of autumn. A testament to the resilience of life.

But for now she wished to hone her skills as a warrior and see where that ultimately led her. Her performance in the Winterfell raid wasn't where she wished it had been and she hoped to better this time around. She listened as he spoke of her duties. Patrolling the border, guarding the pack and training in preparation for raids. Well, she already had some experience on the later and cats were naturally territorial so she was accustom to patrolling a territory.

"Sounds good to me. I have experience with patrolling territories and I have also participated in one raid. More of a practice raid than a full fledged one but I hope to make use of my experience with it."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-25-2020, 12:36 PM
He subtlety assessed her at her words - he believed she was old enough that she could be speaking of a raid before his time. However, he wasn't as accustomed to finding the subtle signs of ages on a feline. Still, he had to know... "a raid? Thats interesting indeed, and relevant. Our allies, the Ashen Empire will be hosting a practice raid against us. Who were the pieces in your raid?" He asked. He knew of one that would be happening in the North but he had not heard news yet that it had happened. How interesting indeed if it had already taken place.

"I dont believe you'll have any issues with your rank in the Armada then. I'll set us up a date to spar to see what your skill level is, and we can go from there on expanding your duties" he explained to her. He would either speak on her being a mentor or a trainee judging on what he discovered there. He had an inkling she knew more then a lot of his new trained warriors, but he wanted to assess her for himself.

As he spoke, he brought then to the communal center space of the pack. Here, the pack rules and regulations could be found etched into the side of an obelisk. Near that was the communal fire pit, and the flattened space of the pack meeting point. She only needed to swival to find the temporary and premade dens layed out for newcomers.

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

05-03-2020, 03:30 PM
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

"Oh?" Her ears perked up at the mention of a practice raid. She had enjoyed the the other one she'd participated in despite losing her first match. She was eager to try again. "I assisted Winterfell in their raid against Abaven for the rights to explore Winterfell's territories." As she was part of the Armada now she saw no reason to keep any of that a secret, especially if it was of some benefit to her new pack.

She nodded as he mentioned setting up a practice spar. She was eager to try her claws against the larger wolf. She'd never fought an opponent so large or so armed before. "Sounds good to me. I'll occupy myself with patrolling and practicing until you need anything specific from me."

She spied a den beneath a nearby spruce tree. "If that den is unoccupied I'd love to take it."