Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - DemisexualDouble Master
Bronze Medal 20201K
05-09-2020, 03:58 PM

The prairie was quickly becoming one of Mæva's favorite places to spend time. It was late afternoon, another cloudy day but she could see the sun starting to break through the clouds. Before her lay a heard of bison lazily feasting on the grass of the prairie. In particular there was a young bison that had caught her eyes. It had to have been a pretty late calf. While it looked similar to adults it was noticeably smaller. Still, even a young bison was going to be too much for a lone wolf and she didn't want to risk getting trampled. Still, she could lay there and daydream about getting one of the beasts in her jaws.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-10-2020, 01:42 AM

Sirius could often be found in the Prairie. A pack full of warriors had a lot of mouths to feed, and he didn’t have a great deal of hunters among them. He spent a lot of his free time bringing down prey for them all. He hadn’t been much of a hunter before becoming an Alpha, but he was getting rather well versed in the practice now.

He was stalking through the Prairie, Bast at his feet, Marshal in the air, and his newest companion, the miniature female bear lumbering along behind him. As he moved as quietly as the small party was able to through the herds, deciding on a beast to pick out, he would see the young wolf, lying in the grass.

He recognised the scent of her, she had been on that of Mortis and Azure a few times lately, and Mortis in fact had mentioned a young wolf helping him out on hunts. This must be that wolf, and he owed her one for hunting and fighting with his brood. Hello, Mæva is it? I’m Mortis and Azure’s father. Are you out on a hunt?” ' he whispered quietly, hunkering down in the grass besides the tiny wolf.

"Speech"

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - DemisexualDouble Master
Bronze Medal 20201K
05-10-2020, 07:08 AM

Mæva ducked down in the grass at the sound of something big approaching. Part of her feared it was another non-hibernating bear but to her surprise it was a very large man. She immediately thought of Mortis and Azure when she saw him and that thought was confirmed when he spoke a moment later. She grinned. "Yes, that's me. It's nice to meet you, sir." She shook her head. "No, I want to be but it's just me right now. I don't think I can take on a bison, even a yearling calf, by myself so I'm just watching and learning." While daydreaming might not be as effective as an actual hunt she did find it helpful to work through different scenarios as she watched the herd.

"Would you want to hunt with me? We can split the kill half and half."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-10-2020, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 03:24 PM by Sirius.)

He had placed her scent right, and was still surprised. She was showing her face in a lot of the same places as Armada wolves, it seemed. Perhaps he needn't be so surprised, the Prairie at least was a popular place for hunting. “I’m Sirius” He added in, almost as an afterthought, once she had confirmed her own name.

“Indeed” he chuckled, he wouldn’t see his own boys taking on something so large alone yet either, and they were a might bigger than this lass.

He did raise a brow when she suggested half and half. He could take on a bison, with himself, the bear, the leopard, and the vulture at his side. He could almost cut out the middleman and go at it alone, but he was curious about this girl. She had the attention of both his heirs. He decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. “Very well then, half and half it is. Do you have a family to feed?” he wondered, amused at her interest in so much meat. Sirius had a whole pack to feed.

He turned his head to the herd she had been watching, and analysed the options. “That young cow at the back” he would suggest after a moment, nodding his head in the direction of the young bison. it would be easier for the two of them to bring down something small.

"Speech"

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Bronze Medal 20201K
05-11-2020, 05:02 PM

Mæva made sure to note the man's name and nodded when he asked her a question. "Yea, my dad and my siblings." In truth she wasn't sure she could drag half a yearling calf back to her family, even with Geira's help but the prairie was in earshot of the estuary so she figured she'd just call her family to eat. It would mean guarding the kill til they got there but with a little luck she wouldn't run into anything too nasty.

Sirius turned to look at the herd and selected a yearling cow and she nodded. "Ok, sounds good to me. What strategy would you recommend?" She was excited to hear what the more experienced hunter would suggest.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-11-2020, 05:21 PM

She was awfully young to be providing for the family, but she seemed to be very adventurous, as much so as his own young children. Ah well, at the end of the day, he had made a deal, and he would stick with it.

His attention on the herd, he studied them for a moment longer, before falling back on the scheme he was comfortable with. “If you chase it to me, i’ll take it down” he suggested, she looked like she could be quick on her feet. He would offer the man power, and bring down the creature with the bear's help. “Bast will go with you, she’ll listen to any instructions you give her”

"Speech"

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Bronze Medal 20201K
05-11-2020, 05:41 PM

Mæva watched as Sirius gazed at the herd with a calculating stare, wondering what he was thinking. He then laid out a plan and she glanced at the snow leopard before nodding. "Ok, sounds good. Nice to meet you Bast." Mæva rather liked cats when they weren't trying to eat her. Geira was her closest friend in the world but right now the caracal was off hunting rabbits so she was on her own. Mæva was wishing she hadn't suggested they split up. Then they could hunt with two cats. Ah well, for next time.

She eyed the herd. Most of her strategy typically involved just making the herd run until someone fell behind. To actively herd an animal toward Sirius was going to be one fo the most complicated things she'd tried yet. The young cow was at the back of the herd. She chewed her lip for a moment then nodded. "Ok, Bast, let's sneak around to the far side. I'll charge on the right, you take the left and we'll see if we can funnel her right toward Sirius." It wasn't a perfect plan, she didn't like the idea of accidentally driving the rest of the herd right to Sirius but there wasn't a good way to get the calf to the front of the herd without risking the whole hunt. He looked big and scary enough she hoped the bison would just avoid him.

Mæva slinked around through the grasses and the snow. The white patch on the back of her neck and shoulders, mixed in with her darker coat worked in her favor as camouflage. She moved patiently and carefully until she was in position. She glanced at Bast then back at the bison cow. "Now!" She yelled as she leapt forward with a snarl. The sudden noise startled the bison and they promptly started to run away from the noise. Mæva took up position on the right of the yearling cow, trying to find the sweet spot of being close enough to drive the animal but not to close that it would try doubling back. At one point the cow reached out to try and kick her. Mæva shifted to the side, avoiding the hooves. As they neared Sirius, Mæva readied her jaws and pressed in closer, knowing the calf was likely to try and bust to one side or another when presented with the giant dire wolf.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-12-2020, 07:37 PM

The leopard grinned and nuzzled the pup’s front legs, before standing to attention. When the wolf laid out her plan, she nodded her head once, briskly, to say she understood. Marshal took off into the air, taking a general view of the space, and ensured he could swoop in if it looked like he was going to be needed.

The bear, Seer’s newest companion, stuck near the Warlord. She was a heavy-hitter, like Sirius, and not built for speed. The larger wolf burrowed down lower, so not to be so obvious, nor threatening, and waited for the hunt to begin. He heard Mæva yell out, and then the sound of her running steps, and the lighter ones of the cat. He could imagine Bast and the girl working in tandem, but kept low until he could hear the pounding hooves come closer.

The rest of the herd had stampeded, and he could feel them shaking the earth beneath his paws as they moved away from the small group. Sirius rose from the snow when the cow was almost upon them, he could see Mæva reaching out with her jaws, and then it was upon them. Sirius received a kick to the side, even as he tripped it with his bulk paws. He grunted, ignoring the blow as he crashed into the snow. The bear was upon it, holding it down, and he gave Mæva a shot for the kill as the Warlord climbed back to his feet.

"Speech"

Mæva

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Bronze Medal 20201K
05-12-2020, 08:21 PM

As the cow drifted toward her Mæva snapped her jaws, sending it back between her and Bast. Suddenly, Sirius rose up from the snow tripping the cow who hit the ground heavily. The cow tried to stand but in that moment the bear was on her. Mæva kept up the pace, slowing only for a moment as the cow twisted and flailed. It's head went back and Mæva dove right for the creature's throat. Her jaws locked solidly over the cow's throat, just below the jawline. She pressed in close, working her jaws deep into the flesh. She squeezed as hard as she could, flinching as the cow kicked at her with one of its front legs. Ultimately, though, she was in so close that the cow could not get enough force behind the kick to dislodge her and as long as the bear kept the cow on its side there was little the prey could do.

Mæva held fast until at last the cow breathed its last. She let got and took a bit gulp of air. She sat down panting, looking over to Sirius with a smile.