Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
05-26-2020, 08:08 PM
Deathbelle lounged on the beach in those early evening hours, having only recently risen from a
good day’s sleep. She yawned lightly as she stretched her languid form over the sand. Her body was returning to her pre pregnancy fitness and it felt good to be getting back into shape. There was a lot to be thinking about these days, but she tried to clear her mind as the sky cleared itself of clouds. The sun didn’t have a canvas and the sky still danced with different colors. She wondered for a long moment how much longer she wished to hold firm to the helm of the Empire.

So much weighed on her now. The new pups, the strife they caused with her older children. Pestilence leaving and Hannibal’s recent distance. Life changed so quickly. She tried to keep hold of those perfect moments but time ticked on. She wanted to remain in the palace forever, with her tiny children at her belly and Hannibal holding her tightly. There would be no fairytale ending for the Empress, that fact had long been instilled within her. Deathbelle sighed softly and reclined onto the sand, her dainty paws resting on her chest as she relaxed on her back.

She contemplated her life quietly, wondering if she was happy with her current place in life. What decisions could have been made better? What regrets would she be forced to live with forever? If she dug too deep she would soon find herself in her own grave.

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-26-2020, 08:25 PM
He wandered into Deathbelle’s territory every now and then. Keeping an eye on things, and checking up on its occupants. The land looked almost like a fairy-tale in winter, with wisps of snow atop the palace. He didn’t get far into the territory today, finding Deathbelle along the beach, her delicate form lounging in the sand.

The Warlord approached her, making no effort to conceal his approach as he stopped before her, and flopped onto the sand with a soft sort of sigh. He moved a paw, placing it over that of his childhood friend, and offered her a soft smile. “Deahtbelle, My Empress, how are you fairing?”

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
05-26-2020, 08:32 PM
Deathbelle was deep in thought when the shadow of her once guard fell over her prone form. She could still feel the stir of what ifs within her as lilac eyes opened to take in his soft smile and loyal features. He was looking older these days, but she was sure that by now she was too. The corners of her dark lips pulled back as he placed a giant paw over the top of hers. They had grown apart. As she had predicted they would once he formed his own pack. She wouldn’t change anything, but she missed having him beside her more often than not.

”Hello, Sirius.” She muttered sweetly, turning her head so she could look at him easier. ”I’ve been worse. Just out here thinking.” She swallowed back her emotions, no matter how much time passed she still couldn’t help but dwell on thoughts of what could have been. Where would they be if she had never welcomed Zee into Ashen’s arms? ”How are you? I’m surprised you can find time for little ‘ol me.”

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-27-2020, 02:37 PM
He eyed her a moment, but said nothing. He wondered what thoughts left her looking so serious and sad. He wondered if she still missed Archon, if Hannibal treated her well. He had never approved of that coupling, but he loved her too much to voice his dissent.

He did cock a brow at her next words, and he moved a paw to gently brush against hers. “Self pity doesn't suit you, my little flower. “ he murmured softly. “You know I will always come if you call, and you are welcome to spend time in Armada lands.” it had been even longer since she had sought him out in the Armada, but he could forgive her that. Perhaps it was hard to watch how he had flourished. Even if he had done so in her name.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
05-27-2020, 04:21 PM
Hannibal did make her very happy for a while, they shared a special bond that went beyond half brother and sister. Now that their children were weaned and learning about the world more independently it seemed her mate was growing distant with her. Deathbelle had always been sensitive, but maybe she was over thinking. Hannibal always came back to her. The state that Sirius found her in was one that she found she adopted much more often these days. She found herself dwelling in the past more than she was looking to the future, a weakness that the Empress always seemed to hold onto.

”I’m not looking for pity.” She replied, feigning hurt feelings. ”You’re a busy man. You have an incredibly successful pack to run. I’m sure you have many duties to see to beside small talk.” Deathbelle continued, meaning every word. Maybe she still mourned more than she should, especially if the Warlord could so easily see through her. ”I visit Iolaire somewhat frequently, bothering her gives me less guilt than taking up your time.” She was a busy woman as well and couldn’t linger long in the Armada lands no matter how much she wished to. Now that her pups were more independent she was planning on taking a few days to stay with her once love. Maybe she could sneak into Sirius and Zee’s den one night as well.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-27-2020, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 04:32 PM by Sirius.)
The Warlord sighed softly, shuffling closer to the Empress, putting his paw over hers, and looking to the ocean in front of them. He thought of their childhood, of their days spent in the original Klein Palace. Of learning to hunt, to fight. Learning how to be a friend, and protector. He remembered days they had spent, cooped up inside during rainstorms - long before the drought.- and whispering together in the warmth of their hiding space. To think that now they were fully bloomed into adulthood, with their own packs to run, and children to play together. How scope of their lives had changed.

“We have a successful Empire” he said softly, squeezing her paw beneath his. “WIth you it isn’t small talk, it’s friendship and reminders, of why I do what I do. Next time, stop in and say hi to me, too, won't you?” he said, nudging her side gently.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
05-28-2020, 08:29 AM
She had many siblings and a lot of family still in her life, but there was one constant that knew her better than any of them. Even Hannibal had not spent the time with her growing up and during their adolescence Sirius was never far from her side. Where she was he was not far behind and vice versa. Sirius shifted closer and squeezed her paw supportively, drawing a smile from his childhood friend. He reminded her that they were in this together, that it was their partnership that was the true reason for the Empire’s success.

Communication was the key to any relationship and she knew she had been shirking that duty. She pushed aside her excuses and knew she could only vow to do better. ”I will.” She promised while scooting closer to her Warlord. She could feel his strength and as she did so many times before she drew from him. Deathbelle felt more complete beside him, and knew that for the rest of her life he would be part of her. ”Will you tell me about the goings on in your borders, Sirius?” She asked his quietly as she settled in beside him, leaning against his massive frame as snow began to fall lightly around them.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-31-2020, 12:36 AM
Sirius knew that if he had been given to any other member of her family, he never would have become the wolf he was today. It was only through Deathbelle that he had been able to succeed, that the Armada was what it was. He would never forget his ties to Deathbelle, or his promise to protect her.

He paused thoughtfully at her words, considering everything that had happened inside his borders. “Hmm… our ranks are swelling, we have numerous new faces these days. I held a competition for high ranking positions, and awarded it to two promising young warriors. I included a symbol of your flower” he paused to touch the adornment. “in the ceremony to remind them of our duties. My children are growing every day, and seemed to have so much a mind of their own that I forget they are independent of me and grow frustrated” he laughed softly at himself. Of course all children must grow up, even if he would wish it otherwise.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-01-2020, 08:06 PM
It was easy to relax against the huge Warlord and trust that everything was going to be okay. He’d almost always been there for her when she thought she was at her lowest. Through childhood and adolescence they;d only been separated when she thought he’d died protecting her. She knew she would have him until the end.

Deathbelle smiled softly as he spoke and she was heartened by his words. When the Armada was doing well it meant the Empire was doing well. A soft sigh filtered through her lips as he mentioned his own young growing up quickly. ”Time moves too fast.” She offered softly. Her time with Archon had flown by, her time with her babies seemed like an instant. Both litters. They all grew too fast.

”Mine are growing up and leaving.” She told him sadly, though with how they felt about her she was surprised she’d kept them so long. ”I worry for my youngest.”

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-02-2020, 04:03 AM
He laughed softly when she began to lean against him, and he wrapped his paws about her shoulders, and dragged her closer. She was so light, with her slim build and lesser height. He gently poked her belly, which had flattened since her latest litter. “You eating enough, your Ladyship?” he asked, jokingly frowning down at her.

“It does indeed” he agreed. Sometimes, it felt like just yesterday when they had been children. There had been times when neither remembered their duties, they were just kids, who loved to play and laugh. When he realised just how long ago that had been, the years really seemed to stretch out before him.

“Leaving?” he asked, sharply, surprised. Some of her kids were leaving? “Are you allowing them to?” he asked. Not as an insult, but purely curiosity. Did she give them that freedom? If his own kids asked to leave… he wasn’t so certain he would let them. Did that make him a tyrant? Perhaps.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Her light affection was returned tenfold as Sirius suddenly had his arms around her shoulders and he was holding her closer. Deathbelle ignored the flicker in her chest, knowing this was only shared affection between friends. Too long had passed since she let him so close, and she chalked the feeling up to being surprised. Belle stuck her tongue out at her captor as he teased her for her slim figure, ”You’re just jealous because you have a dad bod now.” She chuckled fiendishly and snuggled closer to him.

Sirius agreed that time was too finicky and Deathbelle sighed heavily, wondering where the time had gotten away from them. Why was she suddenly feeling so old? She didn’t expect Sirius to be so surprised by her words. ”Yes,” she answered sadly, the mother hen didn’t want her chicks to leave the nest but.. ”How will they conquer the world if I keep them cooped up under my wing?” The decision was so very difficult, but giving them their freedom was the right thing to do.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-02-2020, 06:38 PM
He rubbed a paw backwards across the fur between her ears. Much as he did with his children when he was showering them in affection, or simply annoying them. As a dad did, on occasion. Having children had definitely made the man more affectionate then he had once been. It made it easier to hug the woman he had once dreamed of marrying, without hurting his heart.

“My dad bod can still kick your ass” he teased her back, enjoying the light banter between old friends. He rested a paw against her shoulder when she snuggled closer. His eyes moving back to the ocean, and the Armada territory that lay just across the sand bridge.

“There's great logic to that” he agreed, troubled. “I fear I would clip their wings if mine asked me for their freedom” but then, he had surprised himself before. Sometimes, in love, he did things that went against his selfish nature.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-02-2020, 06:56 PM
She took great comfort in his closeness, still surprised at how easily he had wrapped her up in his arms. Like their complicated history never existed. She admired his strength, and even if she agreed with him she wouldn’t let him know it. ”You just keep telling yourself that, old man.” She continued to tease him despite the somber mood between them. He teased her fur lightly and for a moment she felt like a child in his arms.

”If you love something, let it go.” She whispered softly into his fur as she realized she wasn’t just talking about their children. ”If it doesn’t come back it was never yours.” Deathbelle thought sadly as she internally shook the emotion from her. ”Trust that you’ve raised them to take care of themselves. That is the greatest reward.” She told him softly as she lifted her features to offer an innocent kiss to his cheek.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-03-2020, 05:17 AM
He heard her words, felt them stir the fur across his coat, and his next breath came out in a quiet sigh. He knew Deathbelle didn’t just mean the children. She meant Sirius, and Zee, when she had released the both of them. Perhaps a part of her had still wished they had returned to her.

Sirius did miss the closeness of his Princess. Especially with how quiet and absent Zee had been of late. He thought of the days when his den had been beside hers, just a yell away if she needed him. He sighed, and leaned his head down, burying it in her neck. Not romantically, just drawing comfort from her. Breathing in the scent of her flowers.

She surprised him with a chaste kiss to his cheek, and he paused, caught like a deer in headlights. How easy it would be, to return it, to forget his worries in her arms. But he was more than that, and that road would only lead to heartbreak. His, Deathbelles, Zees. He was done hurting those he loved. He pulled back, just a little burying his discomfort with a tight smile. “I fear I’ve raised them to be little tyrants, if anything” he joked.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-04-2020, 12:22 PM
She held onto him and what they had once been for just a fraction of a second, if she entertained it any longer there would be consequences. She pulled back from him lightly as she caught the surprise on his features. She did indeed miss him and how close he had once been. There was a time when she wouldn’t have believed how far apart they slept these days.

”Good, the Empire could use a little structure around here.” Deathbelle joked with him, a grin playing on her features. If she didn’t look to humor she might have returned to despair. This was special one on one time with her Warlord and the Empress wouldn’t ruin that. ”How is their training coming? Better than you ever imagined I’m guessing?” She lifted a pale brow, having no less great expectations of his offspring as she did for her own.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-09-2020, 06:38 PM
He blinked, heart thrumming in his chest, and took a moment to let her words register. She was giving him a respite, turning back to humor, pulling her head away from the chaste kiss. He glanced at her Amethyst gaze, and offered a half smile. He had a feeling both were thinking similar things. How different life might have been. And he loved Deathbelle, he truly did, but his feelings for Zee went beyond anything tangible. The thought of anybody else being with his Wife could set him into a frenzy of rage. He lowered his lids with a soft sigh, wishing he could give this woman he loved what she wanted, but knowing there was no promise he could give her, except for the loyalty she already possessed.

He offered her another light smile, reigning in his thoughts, and responding to her enquiry. “My Adversary heirs are a sight to behold, but I fear Mortis is too soft, and Azure is too harsh. He is a little like me, before I mellowed. But worse, perhaps. I fear he does not care for the pack, and if he leads that will be his undoing. “ Deathbelle was an Empress, a ruler, and she had found the balance of both knowing it, and loving her subjects. She could be harsh, yet soft. He knew she inspired love from those she ruled.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-09-2020, 08:36 PM
She could have dived deeply into the what ifs of life all day, but none of it would help her. What could have been could only hurt the real and true Empress, so she turned to a smile, and lighthearted touch. This was the way things were to be between them, princess and her bodyguard. Deathbelle sunk back to the ground, reining herself in and counting the blessings and fortunes she was bestowed. There was much to want for, but there was much she already had.

The hitch in her heart could be ignored.

She listened as he spoke of his two sons, boys to be proud of despite their flaws. Deathbelle nodded slightly, ”They compliment each other then. Maybe they can learn from one another someday.” She offered to him hopefully, wondering about Venom. She revered the Warlord, but she didn’t have the same love for her subjects as Deathbelle did. Venom wasn’t her grandfather, but she was nowhere near her mother either. ”As long as they are loyal to their Empress.” Be it her or Venom.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-09-2020, 11:13 PM
He watched her with some measure of regret as she lowered herself back to the sandy shore. He leaned forward, returning the chaste kiss, placing it between her ears, and sinking to the ground near her. He felt the moment had been a branch, and his choice had been made - the same choice he would always make, but that did not chase away any of the sadness brought with it.

“I hope so” he agreed, it was a shame neither boy enjoyed the others company very much. He had tried to bestow teamwork upon them, but he hadn’t been terribly successful so far.

“I’ve always enforced upon them their loyalty to you” he promised, placing a paw over hers. “I’ve chosen my new Reaper recently, with this wolf in charge, I might take Zee on the honeymoon i’ve always promised her. Will you and yours be okay well i’m gone?”

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-10-2020, 07:04 AM
Deathbelle was very much aware of Sirius and his choices in life, and she knew that he would not change it. That was one reason she loved him so, he was loyal forever. She didn’t mean to press him, but when he wrapped her up in his strong arms she couldn’t help where her mind would wander. She didn’t want to be hurt again, but with Hannibal and his distance from her it was easy to slip back into old habits and loneliness. Maybe she really had been cursed when she brought him to her bed, perhaps it was her destiny to live out the rest of her days alone in the cold of her palace. Everyone she loved moved on from her, Sirius held tightly to Zee whom she loved as well. Iolaire found her Roan and the happiness her once lover had brought tears of joy to Deathbelle’s eyes.

Her heart hurt though, she should have predicted that Hannibal would not change, that he would remain in his cycle of needing more. That he could not be wholly devoted to her. That she would end up alone again.

The Empress tried to banish the difficult thoughts from her mind, and focused on the happiness she could see in those that she loved and let go. The happiness they found without her. She looked to Sirius and his words, how he hoped what she said about his heirs was true. She couldn’t predict the future, but she would add in her hope for them as well. She hid her reaction as he went on to mention the finality of his decision, he needed to take his long promised honeymoon to his wife.

”You should,” she told him softly, her violet gaze on his huge paw over her own. She had to encourage his happiness, when his relationship with his wife was strong so would be the Empire. ”I’ve gotten on without you before, I’m sure the Kingdom won’t burn too much while you’re away.” She joked and smiled softly but the emotion didn’t quite make it to her eyes. ”You deserve some time to yourselves, you’ve worked hard since building the Armada.”