gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
05-30-2020, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2020, 05:20 PM by Drífa.)

Drífa tended to the fire Halla had built on the deck of the ship. Nearby she'd set out a variety of clay bowls filled with water. She moved aside and unrolled a deer hide with a number of whole dried herbs that needed to be crushed before they could be added to the water to make tea but she would wait to see what her guests wanted. Well, assuming she had any, but Drífa felt it was a good night for tea. Also, for a healing lesson if any of Winterfell's healers wished to join her.

Once she felt she was set up she tipped back her head and let loose a gentle howl.

For healers or anyone who wants to hang out!

Yurei

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
06-13-2020, 07:26 AM

A call came upon her ears,a call from Drifa a wolf she saw as the mentor she never had.She did have one at the beginning but they never felt present into her process. Drifa had indeed taught her more than anyone else and without hesitation, she followed the howl.Aki rested into the white wolf's back. Green eyes were shy as always , pinned ears and tail seemed to always be part of her.

As she arrived she saw the older wolf near a fire in the ship. She then went up and sat down but being respectful of the other wolf's space. "What will we do?..." She asked as Aki jumped down and sat beside her partner.

"Speak"
[Image: cute.png?width=493&height=406]

[Image: Yureichibi.png]
Her threads may contain triggering topics like depression and negativeness. Be aware when threading with her.

Casso may crash in any of her threads desíte the tag!

Yurei now has a Grey female wildcat as a companion. Unless stated she is always with her.

Yurei now wears a side back up almost all the time that has four pockets one up and three down.

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

06-14-2020, 05:50 PM

Drífa busied herself pulling out clay bowls and digging through her supplies. It was a breezy evening but the prow of the ship offered a buffer against the wind. Her ears perked up at the sound of claws on metal. She smiled as Yurei approached and sat down. She enjoyed Yurei's company.

"I thought I'd make us some tea to enjoy on such a chilly, winter evening. I have mint, lavender, and chamomile handy. Also, if you wanted any sort of lesson I'm more than happy to assist, whether its crafting or learning about certain herbs or illnesses. Of course, if you'd just prefer to chat I'm happy with that as well!"

Yurei

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
06-14-2020, 08:10 PM

"I thought I'd make us some tea to enjoy on such a chilly, winter evening. I have mint, lavender, and chamomile handy. Also, if you wanted any sort of lesson I'm more than happy to assist, whether its crafting or learning about certain herbs or illnesses. Of course, if you'd just prefer to chat I'm happy with that as well!"

Drifa soon answered her question,to which she felt some relief.Deep inside she was fearing she would end up disturbing the healer with her presence,she still had some issues with her self stern. Sometimes she hated herself for the way she often behaved,feeling dumb and like everything was her fault even if at all it wasnt. "Thank you...i had never tried "Tea"," Was it weird from someone to had never drinking such thing? "Maybe...mint?" She said shyly as she felt unsure about what to say or do after that.

"May..I ask? How can one tell when someone haves a broken bone or internal injury? And mostly if they don't show clear hints?" Was it a dumb question? It may wasnt but Yurei just didn't know. That was the first question that came to her mind. "And what do I do first if let's say i find a wolf lying down without moving at first glance?" She gave another question.

"Speak"

Her threads may contain triggering topics like depression and negativeness. Be aware when threading with her.

Yurei now has a Grey female wildcat as a companion. Unless stated she is always with her.

Yurei now wears a side back up almost all the time that has four pockets one up and three down.

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

06-21-2020, 08:13 AM

Drífa smiled warmly. "Mint is a good choice, its one of my favorites. Tea is an infusion of herbs in water, usually hot water. You can use water from hot springs, heat it next to a fire or just set the water with the herbs out in the sun." Drífa moved to her bag and pulled out her water skin. She carefully poured the water into a bowl for herself and one for Yurei, she then added a few springs of mint to each bowl before moving the bowls near the fire. They could chat while the water warmed up.

"Hmmm…" Drífa settled back as she considered Yurei's question. "That is difficult. With a broken limb they may not be able to put any weight on it at all. For internal injuries the area may be very tender and hurt more than expected when you push on it. Internal bleeding is very difficult. If you think a patient could be bleeding internally keep an eye on how alert they are. Pale gums and skin around the eyes could indicate significant blood loss."

Drífa hoped she gave enough information to start. There were so many possibilities when it came to injuries. "If you see a wolf lying down and they aren't moving go ahead and say hello, ask if they're ok. If they don't respond then you'll want to move forward and check for breathing and a pulse to make sure they're still alive." Drífa had come upon corpses before. Winter was especially hard on lone wolves.

Yurei

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
06-22-2020, 10:34 AM
. "Mint is a good choice, its one of my favorites. Tea is an infusion of herbs in water, usually hot water. You can use water from hot springs, heat it next to a fire or just set the water with the herbs out in the sun." "I see...i could learn to make it someday..." She said trying sound less timid,she sometimes didnt like others to see her a weak,but sometimes she just couldn't help it.It was in her nature,a nature of submission and fear.

"That is difficult. With a broken limb they may not be able to put any weight on it at all. For internal injuries the area may be very tender and hurt more than expected when you push on it. Internal bleeding is very difficult. If you think a patient could be bleeding internally keep an eye on how alert they are. Pale gums and skin around the eyes could indicate significant blood loss." She nodded. "Is there a way to solve it? To help regain blood? Or is it impossible?" She asked shyly. "How long have you been a healer?..." Was it too bad to ask? Did she had the right?

"If you see a wolf lying down and they aren't moving go ahead and say hello, ask if they're ok. If they don't respond then you'll want to move forward and check for breathing and a pulse to make sure they're still alive." "And if they are indeed alive but unconscious what is the first thing i should do?..."

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

06-25-2020, 07:55 PM

Drífa nodded. "Oh yes, tea is fairly simple to make once you get the initial process down, speaking of I think it's done now." Drífa moved toward the fire and carefully using her paws she pushed the ceramic bowls over to where they were sitting. It took a few pushes as her paws got hot each time she did. "You might need to let it cool. There's still steam coming from it." It wouldn't do to burn their tongues.

Drífa thought for a moment on the young woman's question. "As far as I know there is no way to help them regain blood. You have to find a way to stop or slow the bleeding and let the body take care of the rest." Her old master had been experimenting with taking blood from a healthy wolf and putting it into an ailing one but it was a tempestuous procedure that hadn't been mastered. Drífa chuckled as Yurei asked how long she'd been a healer. "Oh, it's getting to be a little over seven years now. I started learning as soon as I was six months old. What about you?"

"Well, the first thing you should do if they're unconscious is try and figure out why. Are they bleeding badly from a wound? Have they been starving? Are there any strange smells that might indicate poisoning? Once you have an idea of what might be wrong then you can start to help them."