Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-01-2020, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 05:33 PM by Sirius.)

The battle concluded, Sirius found himself impressed with the tenacity of Magnus. He had known the man for less than twenty four hours, and he had already shown himself quick to listen, with no hesitation about getting his hands dirty.

Relaxing his stance, the Warlord shook sand from his cuts and stepped back out of the training ring. “Walk with me, Magnus” he said, chewing over his assessment and verdict. He took the two of them down the beach, towards the ocean line, and the endless sea beyond. The scattering of seaweed wound about the base of the occasional cypress tree. The scent of salt strong from the ocean water, which lapped occasionally against his titan paws.

“I’m impressed, and I'm not easily impressed” where the water touched his paw, it came away faintly pink, the wounds Magnus had dealt him slowly clotting. “I’m giving you the rank of Warrior, but continue to impress me, and a higher rank might soon be yours” he promised the purple-eyed man.

Ooc: being vague about who won

"Speech"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutSilver Medal 20201K
06-02-2020, 02:12 AM
His breathing was heavy after the assessment concluded, his sides moving rapidly as his ribs expanded around the rise and fall of his lungs. The bruise on his head would stick around for some time, and throbbed minorly now, but having finished the spar took most of his mind off of his injuries. He'd have to care for the cut on his paw, but thankfully it wouldn't be too deep. It'd heal quick, as with the others. He'd just have to be careful about headbutting anything any time soon, but he was sure he could manage that. At least for as long as the headache persisted.

Following Sirius as directed, he walked with the man in silence until they got to the waters edge, looking out over the ocean and feeling the water lap at his paws. Thankfully the cut on his rear paw was safe from the burn of the salt as the water only reached his front paws, but after a work out like that, he was ready to collapse and soak in the oceans cold winter waters.

He looked to Sirius then when he started speaking, listening carefully as his breathing evened out. It admitted that he was impressed, and that apparently it was a feat. He couldn't help but feel proud, though let the smug smile stay inside for now. He was given a warrior rank then and he smiled, eager to work for the higher rank as he had mentioned. Offering a slight dip of his chin to him then in thanks, he smirked. "I won't disappoint."

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-02-2020, 03:56 AM

Sirius glanced away from the ocean, and back to his warrior, a wry smile on his lips. “I know” he agreed. He had high hopes for Magnus, and would help the man achieve them. He started to walk again, leading Magnus further down the beach. “Your new duties will include Border Patrols, I’ll add you to the roster” he explained, talking him through some of the duties that came with the job. “Protecting the pack, training yourself to be fighting fit. Possibly taking on an apprentice, too” He liked to dole out the young wolfs to older warriors for experience.

They reached the corner of the border, where the beach met the mangrove. On reflex, the Warlord looked up to the sky, remembering the giant Condor that had lived in this territory, and almost taken his smallest healer. He had never seen another trace of such a large bird since. Shaking away the memory, he looked back to Magnus, to glean his impressions on his new duties.

"Speech"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

06-07-2020, 03:38 PM
Magnus followed as Sirius began to move down the beach, going over his new duties in his mind as they were listed to him. Patrolling was easy, training was easy, but the thought of an apprentice got his mind turning a bit. He'd never trained anyone himself before, but assumed it would at least be interesting. Likely a struggle and possibly a bit irritating at times, but what better way to prove your abilities than teaching them to someone else? It was harder to hone your own skills when you couldn't watch from the outside, so teaching someone else what he knew may even better him as a warrior in the long ruin.

"An apprentice could be interesting; is there anyone in need currently?" He looked to Sirius as they reached the edge of the territory, following his gaze into the sky briefly before looking back to him when he didn't see anything.

"Speech!"

Magnus has a silver horseshoe septum ring, poorly cropped (long) ears, and bright blue crystal goat horns that may not always appear in his art
Commission ShopPlot with me!

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-09-2020, 08:17 PM

Magnus took it in stride, as Sirius expected he would. There was an interest in students, and Sirius wished he had more to offer the man, the Armada was constantly shifting, new wolves becoming students, students becoming warriors. The influx had slowed recently, so there were more warriors than apprentices. He looked forward to inviting fresh new blood into the pack to train. He had intended the Armada to be a place for warriors to learn.

“Not exactly, but I intend to promote an apprentice shortly. His Mentor has been laid up with an injury. How would you feel about engaging him in a spar for his final test?” The Warlord suggested, seeing things coming together at that moment. It wasn’t anything long term, but it would be an introduction to the idea of being a mentor, and he would keep Magnus in mind next time a wolf entered the rank of student. "His name is Dunkan"

"Speech"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

06-10-2020, 05:40 AM
So there weren't any apprentices currently, which was okay. It gave him more time to settle into his rank and duties before adding another one onto this list. Though when Sirius mentioned sparring with one of the students as their final test, he was more than willing to. He nodded once to Sirius, before following it with his agreement. "Of course; any time in mind?" He questioned, though assumed he would need to speak with the student first, to at least let them know. He was ready as soon as tomorrow, though he wouldn't mind a day or two of rest in between, especially with the throbbing headache he was beginning to develop. The cut on his paw was minor and the least of his concern if it reopened, but he wasn't so sure he could take another blow to the head so soon, in case that was a trick the student had learned in his studies.

"Speech!"

Magnus has a silver horseshoe septum ring, poorly cropped (long) ears, and bright blue crystal goat horns that may not always appear in his art

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-13-2020, 11:52 PM

Sirius nodded his head slowly, seeing the plans fall together. Only recently he had told Dunkan to challenge a warrior so the Warlord could see how he fought. Magnus’s desire for an apprentice, and subsequent agreement to test him, had come at a fruitful time. “I’ll leave that to you, but the sooner the better” The Warlord decided. He would need to speak to Resin also, through he was certain the warrior would be glad to see her student rise.

The busy Warlord looked back out across the ocean, and considered his growing pack, and all the moving parts within it. He already had a desire to see Magnus rise into a greater rank, and become one of war advisers in the future. This test would also show how he handled working with others. Perfect.

"Speech"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

06-18-2020, 01:58 AM
Magnus nodded, soaking everything in and making himself a little calendar inside of his brain. A young man named Dunkan, easy enough to remember, now he'd just have to figure out where they were staying and give them a talk to schedule it. Maybe they'd be ready when he came to him, but he wondered if the young man was as studious as he hoped. Offering a smile to Sirius as he looked back across the ocean, he took a breath and spoke.

"I'll find them and discuss a time, then I'll get back to you." He'd need to tend to his paw and take something for the headache though, so first he'd have to find the healer and see what they could do for him. He wanted to test the kid at his full ability, so he wanted to be ready before asking him. He waited a bit before turning off, heading towards the communal area and in search of someone to look at his minor injuries.

exit unless stopped