size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutValentines 2020
06-26-2020, 11:00 PM

Tempo knew he had to seek release from his Abaven, though he was mostly a bundle of nerves as he approached the borders of what used to be his home. It hurt him to be coming back, the few happy memories he had here were tinged with grief and pain... his few memories of his parents were the only good things he remembered and even that was tainted by the agony of their passing. He wanted to be free from those ghosts as quickly as possible.

And more than that he wanted to avoid being roped back into returning. Tempo had to desperately trust what the strange creature Obi Mon Konobi had said and he had to believe that would fix things... and he didn't want anyone to question that or try and convince him otherwise. This was the only thing that had made any sense in a while. Tempo stopped at the borders to Abaven... it was the first time he'd been here in nearly a season and he didn't even wait to toss his head back and call for Theory. He silently prayed only she'd arrive, he wasn't certain what he'd tell his aunt if she responded...

"Speech"

Art by Wolf-o-Sith

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-01-2020, 08:59 PM
Theory answered the call eagerly. It was a voice she hadn't seen in over a season. Solor and Vail's children... oh, how had she let them slip through the cracks? She'd spent so much time trying to claw her way through the eruption and then the raid that she had somehow let this litter slip under her radar. So many children and such precious little time. It was no wonder that Noir and Verse had slipped away as well. Determined to greet the young man with a smile on her face, Theory arrived slightly out of breath but with a warm grin on her lips that lit up her blue eyes. "Tempo, I'm so glad you've come home," she panted, her short tail wagging with delight. "What can I help you with? Are you looking for your siblings? Do you need a healer?" Okay, Theory, slow down. The young alpha sat down before him and awaited his response. Even if the answer wasn't what she wanted to hear, Theo only wished happiness and health for her pack mates. Something was off about him. What had he returned to say?

Tempo

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf

07-12-2020, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2020, 03:24 PM by Tempo.)

Tempo shrunk back as his cousin approached, he took a few skittish steps back more like a deer than a wolf, the anxiety clear in his eyes. His gaze grew wilder as Theory used the word home, bombarding him with questions and Tempo took another step back, shaking his head. "No I just-" He stammered, his voice peaking a little bit.

"Theory I'm here looking for release from Abaven." He found the strength in his voice then, meeting the young woman's gaze with his own, he needed her to understand how resolute her was, how much he needed this. "I don't want it to be forever but I need to get a handle on... things before I can trust myself to be around family again."

"Speech"

Art by Wolf-o-Sith

Beat

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

Christmas 2019
07-12-2020, 11:45 PM

Hearing the sound of his brother's voice ringing through the air had filled Beat with joy. He had abandoned the task of tanning rabbit skins immediately. Long legs carried the boy over the land quickly, ears tucked against his skull simply because he thought it would make him faster. Excitement thrummed through him. His brother was home! Now Beat could stop worrying whether or not Tempo was alive.

In the distance he could see Tempo and the approaching form of Theory. The black and white lad slowed his pace, coming up behind Theory with a grin on his face. Ears flicked forward, catching Tempo's voice for the first time in ages. The words made him stop in shock, blue and purple eyes going wide. "You're leaving. You just came back and you're leaving." Beat was confused. He was a little surprised to also feel hurt and, lastly, anger. His brow's knitted in frustration as he stared at his sibling. "I just came back... I'm okay now." He could tell by the look on his brother's face that he was not okay. Beat wanted to share his learnings with his brother, but he couldn't if Tempo was going to leave again. He stared on, his gaze hard.

"Chatting." & 'Thinking'
[Image: s5aYTNb.jpg?3]
Aunt Twig may enter any of Beat's threads while he is underage.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

07-13-2020, 06:41 PM
Theory's gaze softened and grew clouded as Tempo stumbled backwards. It was as if she'd struck him. He was grappling with something, but it wasn't physical. She could tell that he was staggering underneath the weight of it. The alpha, barely younger than him, nibbled on her lower lip and cast her eyes away from him for a moment. What would Shaye do? Solor and Vail's children were some of the last vestiges of her aunt's family. It physically pained her to grant his request. The world was cruel and unfair. Would it be kinder to let him leave without a fight? Maybe. But she didn't want to. Selfishly, she wanted him to stay. Theory looked up towards the sky and then the treeline, spotting Beat approach. You just came back and you're leaving. "Be thankful he came back," Theory said quietly. At least they knew he was alive. So many others had disappeared without a trace between the wildfire and the volcano. "Tempo..." she began, immediately trailing off. This was her first real challenge as a leader. The raid paled in comparison to how difficult this felt. "I will invite you to stay, for just the night. Spend some time with your siblings before your departure." Would he accept the compromise? "And please, do visit. You will always be welcome here." His family was buried here. His family waited here. Would he choose to return one day? Her stomach clenched hard.

Twig

Somnium

Expert Fighter (210)

Expert Hunter (185)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

VolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Twig barely heard the voice she was so far away, but there was no mistaking who it was that called. Her heart clenched as she dropped everything and ran for her ‘nephew.’ She knew she could never be the boy’s mother, and she’d have been a piss poor one even if she was, but she felt such a strong affection for them. Twig would have done anything to see them smile again. Beat was progressing, she’d seen him smile and was watching him grow and blossom into the wolf she knew that he could be.

When she lay eyes on Tempo she realized how much Beat had grown. Where his brother was thin and obviously under the stress of his worried Beat looked more care free. He didn’t hold the purple bags under his eyes any longer and he was nearer the wolf he should have had the misfortune not clung to him and their family. As soon as she looked at him he declared his desire to keep away from Abaven.

Twig too felt the hurt of that statement, but he looked just like Beat did. He still clung to his ‘curse’ as his brother had. The thought pained her as much as losing him again. Tears welled up in her eyes as she lowered herself to her haunches and leaned against Beat’s dual toned body. She was speechless but her emotions lay obvious on her features.

Tempo

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf

07-15-2020, 03:23 PM

No no no! Things were only just getting worse and worse his brother, gods his brother appeared from within the packlands. Where had Beat been? He looked so strong, so healthy and somewhere in Tempo's mind he knew it was because of his curse, he'd been gone long enough for Beat to thrive. Twig arrived along side his brother and Tempo took a few more steps back, shaking his head. He could feel his stomach twisting, his strenght flagging as he looked at the pained expressions on their faces. Why couldn't they understand? He had to do this, it was the only way to protect them all!

Violet gaze snapped to Theory as the young alpha spoke. No, no no nonononononononono! Tempo shook his head violently, he couldn't risk staying, he couldn't risk the harm it might do to his brother and Twig... and though he'd never admit it he couldn't risk the fact that if nothing bad happened he might just choose to stay permanently. "Theory I'm sorry, I- I can't. I- I'll visit." Tempo was already backing away, he glanced at his brother and Twig, just barely managing to croak out an "I'm sorry." Then he turned and started off, running like all of hell was on his tail.

He had to get out of there.

-Exit Tempo unless stopped-

"Speech"

Art by Wolf-o-Sith

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

07-20-2020, 05:30 PM
Theory gulped as he turned tail to leave. For all the world he looked as if demons really were on his tail. Her ears flattened as she turned back towards Twig and Beat with sorrow in her eyes. How could they weather this? They'd already endured so much. Her heart ached for them. "I'm... sorry," she whispered. She'd tried to negotiate, tried to compromise... she had tried to channel Shaye's teachings and still she had failed. She'd failed Tempo, she'd failed Beat and Twig, she'd even failed Solor and Vail. Her stomach clenched when she thought about their gravesites. Perhaps she'd pay them a visit soon - Shaye as well. This was more painful than she'd ever imagined. The situation had spun out of her control and now Tempo was gone. "Should we tail him to the border, at least? Make sure he gets out okay." And get an idea of where he might be headed.

Beat

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

Christmas 2019
07-24-2020, 08:03 PM

"Wait!" As his brother turned and ran, shooting down Theory's suggestion completely, Beat took off after him, leaving Theory and Twig behind. Beat understood what Tempo was going through. More than anyone, he understood. He'd only recently begun to turn into a wolf again rather than a miserable wraith.

Long legs carried him quickly after Tempo. He was healthy now and his muscles pumped hard, letting him close the distance between them quickly. Tempo wasn't stopping and Beat had to do something. Putting on a burst of speed, the two-toned by leaped, front paws outstretched. He slammed into his brother, wrapping forelegs around him so that they could roll to a stop together.

In an instant, Beat was on his paws. He could feel the bumps and bruises from his tackle, but he paid them no mind. "Tempo...." He panted hard from the exertion. "I know what you're going through. I almost let it kill me." He had been nothing but skin and bones when he'd returned from the north where his curse had been frozen. "I left my curse in the north. It froze and died." Beat didn't move towards his already panicked sibling, but he leaned forward. "I just need you to know... that wherever you go... you'll never be alone. Even if we aren't together, I'm always with you."

Family was so important to Beat. If it wasn't, he never would have been so utterly broken. "You may not be able to believe it now, but you'll beat it. I know you will." Pale ears tucked against the boys skull. "Take all the time you need, just... don't forget me, okay?" Knowing that Tempo was uncomfortable with his current situation, Beat backed off a few steps before turning to go back to Theory and Beat. He felt defeated, but he knew that it was nothing next to what Tempo was feeling. He could only hold onto the hope that some day he would have his brother again.

"Chatting." & 'Thinking'

OOC-Powerplay permission previously granted.
[Image: s5aYTNb.jpg?3]
Aunt Twig may enter any of Beat's threads while he is underage.