An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
07-20-2020, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 06:25 PM by Hanako.)
Solo thread for lore reasons. Timeline wise takes a few days after she joins the armada

Hanako trotted along parallel to all of the mud and gunk of the swampland, humming a little tune as she went. She'd be a liar if she claimed that she wasn't curious to see what laid beyond the tangled branches and vines, but the thought of getting her fur all dirty was more than enough to keep her paws  on dry land. She liked to explore as much as the next person, maybe even more, but she had the feeling that there wasn't much to see in these parts anyway. Nothing but mud, grass and tree roots. Or at least she thought so until an awfully shrill squeal met her ears. Wincing, Hanako stumbled to a stop as her ears flicked back in an attempt to shield her senses. She whipped her head forward and squinted into the darkness, her eyes widening when she saw it, or rather them. A whole gang of tanukis.

They charged out of the shadows, their short, stubby legs somehow carrying them over the swamp with ease. At first she assumed that they were playing a game of tag, as she knew they were playful and mischievous, but as she watched them get closer and closer she couldn't help but get a sinking feeling that something was wrong. The white tanuki that was being chased...well he didn't look like he was having fun at all, his eyes all wide with panic and fear. Whilst the dark ones that followed were snarling and shrieking at him, teeth bared and ready to bite from the looks of it.

Then to her horror the white tanuki's paw got caught in the mud and with an undignified yelp he fell down into the mud. Without even hesitating, not even for a moment, the others descended upon him like a swarm of rabid beasts. Hanako couldn't just stand there and watch.

"Hey!" She called out to the mass of writhing fur. "Stop that! Leave him alone!"

But of course they paid her no mind and continued on, sending white fur flying as they ripped and tore into him. Hanako grit her teeth as she mustered all of the ferocity she had, which admittedly wasn't much but would hopefully be enough. With a sharp bark she stomped into the mud, her teeth bared and hackles puffy. She moved closer, shoulders hunched and tail lashing as she approached. It was another facade, a mask that was already slipping from her face.

"If you don't stop I'll eat all of you! I'm very hungry you know!" She warned, glaring at each and every one of the darker tanukis. Compared to any other Armada wolf she no doubt seemed like a mouse, harmless, but she hoped that the tanukis wouldn't know any better, that they'd be ignorant enough to buy her bluff. "Don't test me! I mean it!"

They stared at her like they could see into her soul with their beady little eyes, then one by one backed off into the forest before they vanished from sight.

Letting out a long, shaky breath of relief, Hanako turned her attention to the white tanuki. And oh what a state he was in. His coat was tangled with clumps of mud as he laid there, curled up into a tight ball. Her heart ached in her chest and more than anything she wanted to scoop him up into a hug and never let him go. But she wasn't sure he'd like that so instead she cooed softly as she approached and nudged him with her nose. Slowly he uncurled and sat up, sniffing as he looked up at her with teary eyes. Her heart broke all over again.

She wanted to ask why they'd attacked him but she thought better of it before the words slipped her tongue. It wasn't really any of her business and considering what he'd been through she didn't think he'd want to talk about it now, if ever. Instead, she shook off her coat, only to grimace when she looked down at her legs all caked in mud.

"Let's find some water and get cleaned up, hm?" She tilted her head, hoping he'd follow.

The tanuki nodded and clambered to his feet, all wobbly and unsure as he followed closely behind her.

"I'm Hanako, what's your name?" She asked but was given no name in return, even when she glanced pointedly over her shoulder. So he didn't feel like talking, that was fine, she wasn't going to force him. "Okay, I'll call you Toshiro then...Toshi for short!! Do you like it?"

The tanuki-Toshiro- rolled his eyes but offered no argument.

And that was that, the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]