An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
07-21-2020, 09:52 AM

Azure was finally able to let out a breath as his father left them to it, his heart pounding hard in his chest. It was easier to convince him than Azure had expected it be, and he thought perhaps Mortis' suggestion on the diplomatic mask Az should learn to wear was less silly then he'd originally thought. He waited until Sirius was out of view, turning towards Hanako and offering her the ghost of a smile. "You did well, thank you." He began. "Welcome to the Armada." With a nod of his head he gestured to her to follow, crossing the threshold out of the woods and into the tall grass plains they called home.  

While Azure wasn't planning on giving the welcome tour he didn't miss his father's earlier words, this was how he was to be given a spot in the coming raid and it was not a chance he was going to let slide away. Oversized paws carried him over the plains towards their common area to where an oblesk towered above. "Our rules." The prince gestured once more, this time towards the pillar where symbols were etched onto it's surface. "Pretty basic stuff." With his father no longer standing over his shoulder Azure was more relaxed, he paused to stretch and gave his coat a shake. "This area is the communal space, there are usually wolves milling about here around the bonfire or staying in the guest dens." As he mentioned each landmark he waved one wide paw towards it, giving her a moment to soak it in before moving towards the cellar where they kept their goods.

The makeshift door was closed, and Azure hooked his paw beneath it and heaved it up as high as he could before catching it upon his shoulder and opening it the rest of the way. "In there you'll find some dried food, pelts, things like that. Go ahead and grab a hide for your den for now." He stepped back, allowing her entrance into the cellar and eyeing her expectantly.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
07-21-2020, 11:12 AM
Hanako smouldered at the praise, feeling all warm and tingly as she let Azure's words rush over her. She had done well, hadn't she? But knowing that he was proud of her, that he thought she was worthy of offering her thanks really sealed the deal. It was hard for her to contain her excitement and remain humble as she followed behind him by a step or two, practically springing along like a young lamb. It was only when she realised how unseemly she was acting did she tone it down a touch, slipping back into her soft spoken, more subservient role. Her lope transitioned into a calmer, more elegant gait as they finally entered the Armada territory.The land itself was a vast plain, all open and expansive, that seemingly went on as far as her eyes could see. When she breathed deep the salty brine of the ocean tickled the back of her nose and she quickly concluded that this place would serve as a wonderful, temporary, home.

She was then led to the centre of territory, of which stood a large obelisk. At Azure's prompting she moved close and roved her gaze over the instructions carved into the stone, like he said it was all pretty basic stuff but nonetheless she took the time to read them. By then she'd already pieced together the Prince's expectations of her but there was no harm in taking a moment to consider the wider picture. The last thing she wanted to do was to get Azure in trouble because she'd been too lazy to do a bit of reading.

Once she was done she nodded, but this one different from those she'd offered the Warlord. It was slower, rather poignant, as she lowered her gaze in an open display of respect and submission. There was no one around, despite how Azure said folks tended to mill about this area, so now seemed as good as a time as any to reaffirm what they already both knew. That she was only here because he wanted her to be, that she was in his debt and as such she'd serve him however he pleased.

She then took the moment to take in the sights, the dug out earth and the blackened spot on the ground of which she assumed was the fire pit. Her lips quirked a little as she imagined the hustle and bustle of this place, all the new faces and friends she had yet to meet. But before she could get too lost they moved on and headed towards some sort of storage facility. Hanako watched, eyes shining with intrigue as he opened it up with a sense of easy she could only dream of. Everything he did seemed easy, effortless, which she supposed made sense since they were in his realm now, a castle he'd soon rule over.

"Yes, Your Highness." She murmured, more than eager to follow his instructions.

Stepping into the cellar she rooted around in the stack of furs, sniffing and snuffing as she looked for the perfect hide. She wanted something soft and plush, cushiony like the sort she used to sleep o but nothing quite fit the bill; either being a too small or not as soft as she'd like. In the end she made do with a deer pelt and hung it over her back to save her from carrying it all bunched up in her mouth. Emerging from the cellar she turned a little, standing at angle so Azure could see the pelt she'd chosen, if he so cared to look.

It was then she remembered something she'd been meaning to say.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Your Highness, for earlier when I spoke over you. I know I was supposed to but I still feel bad, you deserve better than that." She averted her gaze, choosing instead to look at his big-beary paws.
[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
07-21-2020, 12:05 PM

Her subservience was refreshing, and Azure found himself wondering how he could get others to behave the same way. Those he'd spoken to had explained in their own way how they found his ego hard to swallow, how they worried he did not care for his members and would earn no respect until he learned that empathy. This meeting with Hanako had only proved it further for him that they were wrong, and he was planning on using her devotion to prove to anyone else that he could be respected and that the reward for those who treated him properly would be great. He looked the hide she'd chosen up and down, humming softly as he considered. "It'll do for now until I can find you a softer one." The prince had been both hunting and fighting since he could remember, surely finding a prey animal with a large fluffy coat to take down couldn't be too difficult. He'd find her the best regardless, if only to display how gracious he could be to those who were loyal to him.

She apologized for her earlier words, and Azure's lips pulled up in a crooked smile. "No need to apologize, it's likely you'll be forced to act that way often and if you feel the need to apologize each time it may become tedious for both of us." He laughed half-heartedly and then blew out the frustration in a sigh. "I'll remember your apology today, and remind myself of it should I ever feel disrespected. It's a necessarily evil though not one I enjoy, I can't wait for the day my parents retire and this could all be mine." The heir's head turned to look out over the plains, tattered ears flickering to catch the multitiude of soft sounds that came over the grass.

Bringing himself from his daydreams he looked back at her, and then towards the dens dug out around the communal area. They were the guest dens and Azure was certain that if he told her that much that it'd be where Hanako would choose to stay. She did believe the stay to be temporary after all, regardless of the fact that neither Azure nor Sirius would let her keepers have her back without a fight. Azure disliked the communal area and spent little time there, he didn't want to have to wander the busy section of the plains every time he needed to see her. "The Armada has two territories, to the east is another plain we utilize for training. Our members do not den there. My family's den along with their servant's is along the coast in the southwest, some of our healers are set up near the weeping woods' border. To the west we have the Ashen Empire's territory - The Shrine - our members are allowed to come and go and theirs are allowed free roam in our territory as well. A few wolves have set up beside that border there as well. There is plenty of room for everyone, though I'll need to dig you out a den. What view would you prefer? " Azure was not sure exactly where he hoped she'd choose, whether he'd want her close to him for most of the day or if there was danger that the closer she was the more likely she'd make a mistake and show Sirius her true slave-raised colors.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
07-21-2020, 01:31 PM
For humilities sake she should've insisted that it was fine and been all humble about it, but the selfish, spoiled part of her latched onto the idea, like a snake coiling around it's prey. Not only did he want to give her a present but he recognised that she deserved better than a tatty deer pelt.  Regardless of what rank the Warlord gave her, Azure had a way of making her feel special and Hanako was loving it. Living for it, really. Either way, it  didn't matter to her no one could ever know about their arrangement or the special treatment he was giving her, if anything it was more exciting this way, like it was their little secret.

"Mm, no rush, I can be patient." Which is to say she'd take whatever he felt like throwing her way.

Azure's smile was contagious and Hanako found herself smiling along, only for it to falter as her ears drooped at his words. She could see where he was coming from and didn't want to cause him any tedium at all but- well, she was being a bit melodramatic wasn't she? She shook off her worries and instead felt a wave of fondness when he explained that he'd hold on tight to her heartfelt apology. That no matter how disrespectful she might have to be towards him he'd never take it to heart or hold it against her. And what more could she want or ask of him? He was all she needed and more.

In her eyes it was only a matter of time before he became king, but she could understand why he was getting impatient. The throne was in sight but tantalisingly just out of reach, she would have reassured him but feared that it would come across as patronising, as if she had any say in these kinds of matters. So instead she said nothing, which seemed to have been the right move as when he finally did speak he changed the topic entirely.

Hanako pursed her lips in thought and the tip of her tongue poked out a little to the side in silly but endearing show of focus. Hmm. Though it seemed superficial at first glance the weight of the question wasn't lost on Hanako. For all her ditsy and subservient frames of mind, her thoughts were rather sharp when all of that was pushed aside. His description was in depth and thorough, more than enough for Hanako to put the pieces together. If she denned too close to the other's she might run the risk of being found out. But on the other paw if she holed up too far away then it might be too conspicuous for Azure to come visit her whenever he pleased. Yet again it was a fine line to walk, but luckily Hanako excelled in these sorts of situations.

"I really like the ocean, but I wouldn't want to impose on anyone either so...Maybe a little more south than the others?" Or in other words, close but not too close.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-22-2020, 12:59 AM

The decision she'd made was one the prince could accept - a den nearby him along the ocean but not so close as to raise any sort of suspicion. He gave a nod though more to himself than Hanako, mentally mapping out the shoreline and considering where he might start to dig. For anyone else the prince would not dare to lower himself to grunt work, though his dedication to prove his worth as a leader made the hard labor sound somewhat easier. After all he'd already sworn to defend those who were loyal to him with his last breath, how much different could it be to get in the dirt and dig a hole?

Shaking his head he dismissed the considerations. It was not something he could get to tonight anyways. He waved an oversized paw towards the communal area and the dens that were scattered throughout it. "For now you can stay in one of these, they're temporary dens meant for those waiting on a more permanent one. I'll have yours finished as soon as I can." It was technically not a lie, the communal dens did double as not just guest dens but those for wolves who were in the progress of having one built.

It was as much of a tour as the heir was willing to give although it did cross his mind that a better leader might do more then give a new recruit a verbal rundown. How did his father manage the energy for it all? Dragging each new wolf across four territories, showing them the training areas and the resting areas and the Empire, it all sounded exhausting. Hanako did not seem one to complain, and Azure doubted he'd hear argument from her if he cut the tour short.

A thoughtful hum sounded in his throat and he turned from her then, disappearing back into the cellar. When he returned Azure was carrying a few chunks of dried cooked meat in his jaws. With his head he motioned towards the firepit before heading back in it's direction, lowering himself down onto one of the furs scattered nearby. Typically the fire was kept lit - it's warmth making for a nicer atmosphere for a meal - though for some reason it had been allowed to die. Azure would not admit that he did not know how to bring the flame back to life and so he'd settle without.

One chunk of meat he dropped between his fore-paws, the other he tossed towards Hanako. "My father's conditions were clear." The heir broke the silence between a bite of meat, attempting to keep his tone casual and free of anxiety. "Should I be worried?" If he was to be responsible for her Azure needed to know where her faults might lay, and should she be unable or unwilling to learn the things required of her it could be threatening to him. Fighting was something he lived and breathed, though Azure would be willing to bet Hanako had not once considered striking out at anybody.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

07-22-2020, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2020, 01:08 PM by Hanako.)
Hanako hummed, she wasn't exactly a patient girl but she was more than happy to make an exception for the prince. After all, not only did he intend to provide her with better furs but he was also going to dig out her den with his own four paws. In her eyes he seemed so caring and selfless, like he was truly going out of his way to make her feel at home. She briefly wondered whether she should stop him though, was it really worth the time and effort if her stay was only temporary? She would hate to see all of his hard work go to waste when her Keepers arrived, but then the selfish, fanciful part of her who liked having nice things swept away that worry without a care. If he wanted to give her these things then who was she to deny him?

Drawing her from her revere, Azure dipped down into the cellar and emerged carrying slices of cooked meat. It was only when the scent reached her nose and she licked her lips she realised just  how hungry she was. When was the last time she'd had a proper meal? Not just scraps or rotting remains she'd happened to stumble upon out in the wild, an actual proper meal that required preparation? She couldn't even remember and that worried her a little. Ever obedient, Hanako followed  him back to the fire pit and laid herself down on her belly, all dainty and proper. Accepting her share with smile she murmured a quiet thank you and tucked in, taking small nibbles as she savoured it's...honestly, passable taste.

Even though Azure did well to hide it, Hanako suspected that he was worried, unsure of whether she'd be able to live up to his expectations. Hanako felt a sharp pang in her chest, hadn't she served him well so far? What reason had she given him to doubt her? More than that, what else did he want from her? She opened her mouth to say as much but quickly bit down on her tongue, not only would that be incredibly rude but it wasn't what he was saying at all! Like the drama queen she was she'd jumped to the wrong conclusion and  hadn't even taken a moment to consider Azure's feelings. It was simple, as clear as day he was just looking for reassurance, that he wanted to know if she'd have his back through thick and thin. What a fool she would have been to deny him.

"Not at all." She said, full of confidence. "I'll do my best for you and this pack." And as if that wasn't clear enough, the prince came first and the pack second.

Her mind looped back to the fact that the Warlord just wanted her to learn to fight, as far as she was concerned no one expected her to become some deadly blade wielding warrior. But if she could provide other services for the pack or help it in other ways then surely no one would have any reasons to complain. She picked up the remaining half of her meal and thought about her next words as she chewed.

"Your Highness, I've been meaning to ask, what other skills do you think I should focus on?"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-23-2020, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 12:17 AM by Azure.)

She seemed to appreciate the offer of food and Azure returned her smile, dipping his head in acknowedgement at her thanks. While she tried to assure him that his worries were misplaced, the young prince couldn't shake the feeling that something might go wrong. Was he rash in taking her in? For a moment he entertained the doubt, wondering whether it was foolish of him to risk so much for something so silly. Regardless she was here, belonging to them now and Azure had every intention of keeping her that way. "Good." He responded after a moment, lowering his head to tear an elongated canine through a tendon in the meat.

Her question gave him pause and Az lifted his head from his meal to look over at her. Other skills? Well yeah, he supposed there were wolves who did things that weren't fighting. His brows furrowed in thought, and he turned the meat over in his paws. "Did they... teach you anything?" Az looked uncomfortable for a moment, feeling odd at asking the girl what exactly she'd learned while not much more then a slave. "If we can find something for you to excel at that benefits the Empire, my father may allow it." Sirius did need more warriors, that much Azure knew at least. The Armada was at it's core an army. They had skilled healers like Io, they had powerful fighters like his parents. Hunters? The Armada always had plenty of food and pelts to go around. She couldn't be a teacher if she herself knew little.

His brows scrunched further, the skin upon his muzzle crinkling. After a moment Azure spoke once more, hesitant. "Did your keepers tell you about any of the other packs in Boreas?"

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

07-23-2020, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 01:40 PM by Hanako.)
It frustrated Hanako that- for the time being at least- she couldn't do anything else to reassure him. She desperately wanted him to trust in her but with so much on the line it only made sense that he was being so cautious, wary of it all crumbling down in front of his paws. As much as she excelled at it, Hanako knew talk was cheap and that she'd have to prove her worth through actions alone. In theory it sounded easy enough but the fact Azure seemed to be lingering on it so much made her feel as though that she couldn't see the whole picture. Or at least he was looking at this situation from a completely different angle. Not wanting to press the issue for now she simply let it go, like petals scattered to the wind.

"Mm hmm. I had lessons in manners, etiquette, diplomacy. Those sorts of things. " She explained with a casual swish of her tail. "They never actually taught me themselves though, always hired a tutor since...well, their manners kind of suck." Tough brutes that they were; which was why, for the most part, they always let her do the talking.

Though she wouldn't say it aloud, since it wasn't exactly appropriate given how they'd met, Hanako never had an encounter she couldn't talk her way out of. Or nudge in the right direction with honeyed words and sweet smile. She didn't consider herself to be a master manipulator or anything equally as devious, it was just how she was, the result of being pushed down a path she still didn't quite understand. And whether it was just a habit or an active choice  didn't really matter, as long as she was useful to someone that's all she really cared about. But would this skill be useful to Azure and the Ashen Empire? Whether it was officially recognised or not she'd do her best to serve in all the ways she could, with whatever she had at her disposal.

Hanako shook her head at his next question.

"I came to Boreas on my own, as far as I can remember they never mentioned it." Then she pursed her lips as an idea sprung to mind. With those skills in mind and the fact she'd already mentioned that she was fast on her feet it made sense to make such a suggestion. "If you want, Your Highness...I could look into some matters for you. Every army needs a scout."

And who would suspect her, sweet thing that she was?

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-29-2020, 04:14 PM

Azure listened intently as she described the lessons she'd been given during her time with the keepers, a ghost of a smile touching his lips as they fell in line with his train of thought perfectly. She'd seemed to clue in too, offering herself up as a scout. The prince's head nodded in acknowledgement, the cogs in his head still turning. "It's a good thought, though I had something more in mind." While a scout would be useful to the Armada and Empire it would not be able to do for him what he'd been wanting. "I was thinking more along the lines of a spy."

His lip tugged upwards in a crooked smile, and he looked out over her towards the north. "You're small, non-threatening. Do you think you'd have what it takes to slip into a pack and gather information?" The Armada would be doing many more raids in the future, and Azure knew it would be very helpful to have important targets mapped out ahead of time. "It could be dangerous. You'd be alone, though I would watch out for you best I could. Maybe give you a set time to stay there, feign injury or something. Then I could collect you in a week or something." The worst case scenario being that after a week they refused to give her back, and in that case Azure would need to fight for her. He shrugged off the thought, too confident to worry that he may not win back her freedom in such an occasion.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

07-30-2020, 08:47 AM
Hanako's ears tipped forward as she listened, the food between her paws forgotten. More than anything she wanted Azure's approval, to serve him in any way that she could, but the thought of becoming a spy was a little daunting, to be honest. She'd suggested a scout because it sounded simple, easy, that she'd just have to sniff around for information and report back to whoever wanted to hear it. But a spy? The implications were clear, as were the risks. She could see where Azure was coming from though, whether she liked it or not her skills were applicable to that field of work. After all, Hanako was a people person and it was easy for her to get people to talk and to inadvertently spill their secrets as though they were lifelong friends. But she'd never approached anyone with the intention of manipulating them, she just wanted to give and not take.

For the longest time she didn't respond and simply let his words roll over her. Did she think she could do it? And did she even want to? Hanako wasn't a thrill seeking sort of girl, she preferred all things safe and familiar, but she knew that either way she'd have to step outside of her comfort zone if she wanted to remain with the Armada. She'd spent her whole life following a path someone else had paved out for her, but now it was branching off in different directions and she had no idea which route to take. Her chest ached with the uncertainty of it all as her gaze lingered upon her fiery paws. Danger and the unknown, that's what laid ahead for her. But if this was what Azure wanted then she'd do it. Not because she felt as though she had no choice, that Azure was putting his sabres to her throat and forcing her rather... It was what she wanted too, to be of help and to make use of the skills she already had at her disposal.

She looked up to him with a gentle but determined smile. "Yes, your Highness."

Hanako offered him no fluffy words of reassurance, she simply stated a fact that she knew to be true. Picking up the meat once again she finished it off with a lick of her lips, before she cleaned her face with a swipe or two of her front paw.

"I'll talk to Sirius in the next few days, make it seem as though I thought about it for a while." It was strange how how quickly she was already slipping into the spy mentality, ensuring that her actions presented herself in the best possible light. The last thing she wanted was for the Warlord to think she was impulsive and thoughtless. "Is there anything else?"