gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
07-24-2020, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 07:09 PM by Wyndelin.)

Ducking his head against the wind, Wyndelin peered down into the lush valley that gleamed in the moonlight. He could see the stream running through it, looking like a string of silver in the warm spring night. It looked so beautiful Wyndelin felt like he could cry. Home. Finally, home.

He glanced behind himself, searching for a dark figure in the night sky. Flikkr had gone off scavenging and had yet to return. In truth Wyndelin thought they still had quite a bit further to go. It was only on a whim he'd ventured a little farther. Each step tickled at his memory, tempting him closer.

Wydnelin cautiously moved toward the valley, head bent to catch the scents of the Lirim. Was it still here? His brow furrowed as he sorted the scents. Yes, yes he was pretty sure this was still Lirim. Tipping back his head Wyndelin howled for someone to met him, praying that his family was still there and the pack hadn't fallen under less friendly management.

"Talk"

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
08-03-2020, 05:21 PM

I've learned to slam on the break before I even turn the key,
before I make the mistake,
before I lead with the worst of me.

After was seemed like a few months of stagnation Torin had to admit that things were picking up, Eurus had returned to the fold and he'd managed to convince that blue man to join, he'd even offered Araena a place to get herself back on her paws... even if he was still wary about the latter. So he was pleasantly surprised to hear another familiar voice calling for him. Torin picked up his pace, trotting towards the border where the young man was found.

A soft smile pulled across his face as he spotted the dark earthy boy. "Wyndelin!" Torin called out, his tail raised both in a sign of dominance and in a friendly gesture. "It's good to see you." He said, his tone friendly even if a bit soft.

"Silent treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Lynx!
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
08-04-2020, 06:37 PM

Wyndelin couldn't stop himself from fidgeting. He shuffled from side to side, eventually starting to pace the border. Not out of impatience, but out of nerves. Was Lirim still here? Were his siblings still here? The scent seemed familiar but his days away had cast a long shadow of doubt over his thoughts and his confidence. He heard a call and looked to see Flikkr, his magpie land gently on the ground next to him, mostly buried in the tall grasses though the bird leaned gently against his legs. The gesture helped him to settle down.

Moments later he saw a familiar form drifting across the darkness like a ghost til the voice brought everything solidly to earth. "Torin!" Wyndelin cried in joy. He bounded toward the older man, tail wagging. "It's so good to see you again! How is everyone? Did you all make it through the volcano alright? I didn't, I got caught and I finally got away!" More words tried to bubble up through his throat but they all got stuck there as he tried to figure out where to even begin.

"Talk"

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
08-17-2020, 09:41 PM

Torin almost reached out and pulled the young man into an embrace when he rushed forward, fatherhood had truly changed him. He was rushed with a flurry of comments and questions from the boy and Torin couldn't help the way his smile dropped. So much had happened and he suddenly wasn't sure how he could begin to explain the tragedy that was waiting for him. But he had to try.

"You were one among many whom got lost in the scramble, your sister and brother, Derecho and my son..." Torin's voice was low and soft, the pain of these losses clearly weighing down his tone. "We sheltered west of here, on an island off the coast. While we were there... your father, he was attacked by a large cat. We didn't catch it in time, he was already gone when Eurus found him..." Torin paused, searching the young man's face. "I am so sorry." He meant it, it had fallen to him to assure that Frostbite was able to live out a comfortable retirement and he'd failed.

"Eurus, it affected him badly and he disappeared for a time." Torin paused, thinking. "If you are here to rejoin I can offer you the rank of Tiro, Eurus recently returned and I am certain he'd be happy to see you. And we can show you where your father is buried." He shuffled, then moved aside, a sign of allowing the young man beyond the border. "Any discussion of further rank can wait, your family is waiting for you."

Image by Lynx!
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
08-21-2020, 04:32 PM

Wyndelin's heart hammered in his chest, his smile fading as he caught the shift in Torin's mood. Wyndelin wasn't the only one to get lost in the volcanic eruption. He felt his heart sink as Torin listed off the names and he wondered what lost meant in this case. Was there still a chance they could be found or…? Torin then delivered the worst of the news. His father had passed away. Wyndelin sat down heavily, staring at Torin with his mouth slightly open. Dead?

He had feared something might happen while he was away, but he certainly didn't imagine that. It took a moment for the rest of Torin's words to register. "Yes, please, I would like to rejoin and see Eurus and… and my dad." His voice cracked and the tears started to cling to the edges of his eyes. Words failed him and he nodded at Torin's words. He really needed to see his family, what was left of it.

"Talk"

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
08-28-2020, 12:09 PM

Torin nodded solemnly as the young man expressed his grief, feeling such empathy for such terrible news right as he was returning home. He gently stepped forward for a moment, leaning forward to place his chin on top of the young man's head, a slight gestrue of comfort. Then when he spoke Torin nodded, waiting until Wyndelin rose to his paws and then gently lead him into Lirim's pack lands, towards the willows where they'd made Frost's final resting place. A peaceful location for the man who'd given so much for them all. It had been all he'd been able to offer in the end, he merely hoped it was enough.

-Exit Torin-

Image by Lynx!