size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
08-06-2020, 06:20 PM

Spring brought many changes to the world. The great change that had brought her attention to the rivers of Boreas was the salmon run. The large fish were swimming in from the ocean and up the river that went along the western side of the Firefly Lake. Halla had scouted along the river til she found a place where the water was partly dammed with sticks and rocks, forcing the salmon to have to leap over the obstruction in order to continue swimming upstream. Halla settled down in the reeds to wait was she watched the salmon, their red forms shimmering below the water's surface. One salmon leapt up and Halla raced out to try and catch it but she slipped on one of the rocks and the fish escaped her fangs. Dam. She would have to try again. She moved back to the shore to wait for another opportunity.

Aslaug

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

BeeventGold Medal 2020
08-07-2020, 07:59 PM

Aslaugh was visiting a whole new land,one she completely adored from the first time she stepped in. A huge lake rested ahead with clean waters and a comfortable sensation rose within her chest as she took a deep breath. Happily she approached wanting to have a better look and maybe have a drink.And there she arrived to the shore staring at the view and then at her paws that were slightly touched by the cold waters.

And there she saw a few fish swimming nearby.She held no skills for fishing,she had trued before but all she had meet was failure. And since there she never tried her paw on it again.But there as she looked away another wolf was on the quest of catching some fish.Could she join her? And maybe learn on the process? She could always try. And there she approached in silence for then staying with a few meters from her right. "May I join?"

"Speak"

Halla

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
08-08-2020, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2020, 07:55 PM by Halla.)

Halla waited patiently, watching the fish as they attempted their jumps. As she waited another woman approached. Halla stiffened, eyeing the other wolf for a moment but she seemed friendly and non-threatening. Halla nodded. "Yes, you may join me." She looked once more to the fish. "I am trying to grab them when they jump like I have seen the bears do." She crouched and prepared to jump. When a smaller salmon leapt up Halla sprang forward, jaws open as she snagged the fish by the middle of its back. It twitched and flailed and tore itself from her fangs but she quickly pinned it with her paws. Still the creature twisted and flailed. Salmon were strong as far as fish went but Halla was determined. She shifted her weight and flipped the fish onto the shore where she quickly descended on it.

Aslaug

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

BeeventGold Medal 2020
08-09-2020, 11:34 AM

"Yes, you may join me." She smiled in response but not wanting to mess with the older woman's fishing she remained silent as she took position on her own spot but silently. "I am trying to grab them when they jump like I have seen the bears do." "Good idea. Ill try to do the same." She whispered before putting her attention in any potential target.But she didnt know how to do it at first,so she turned her eyes to see what the other woman was going to do. And when another jumped out she darted herself forward with jaws open but it escaped her jaws, making her fall head-on into the water but quickly walked off.

"Speak"

Halla

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
08-15-2020, 07:50 AM

The large fish continued to struggle. It flopped and flailed, its tail nearly hitting Halla in the face as she latched her jaws over the creature's throat. Well, where she thought a fish's throat ought to be. She wasn't quite sure what the best way to kill a fish was but she'd gotten this far. The fish slipped from her jaws. Halla lunged forward, just catching the fish before it slipped back into the water. This time her fangs cut into the fish's gills, sending blood everywhere. Soon the fish was dead. However, it still twitched now and then so Halla took the fish farther in land where she settled down to eat. She tore off large hunks of meet as she looked to see how the other wolf was doing with her fish.

Aslaug

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

BeeventGold Medal 2020
08-15-2020, 09:03 AM

Failure but she couldn't expect too much from her in her first time fishing,and because of that she didnt feel bad for not getting it at first.She would get there with try and error,that was what it meant to be a hunter.No all hunts would be successful,even the best of hunters could fail.And the key was to never give up,and with that she stood up taking a position back to the shore. Patiently she waied for another chance.Finaly some movement was caught and in no time a fish darted itself frm the water this time closer to the young huntress. Simultaneously with jaws widely opened she attempted to catch it between her jaws and she managed to get it by the tail. From there she didnt know what to do but by instinct, she threw it into the shore and would try to get it in place to start eating it.

"Speak"

Halla

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
08-15-2020, 07:55 PM

Halla greedily ate her meal. She wolfed down chunk after chunk of meat, carefully working her way around the fish's many bones. Soon the other woman managed to catch a fish by the tail and toss it onto shore. "Good work!" She licked her lips of the blood from her meal. She was quite full but the urge to hunt lured her back to the water. She wanted to catch a fish to ferment. "I think I'll get one more. My name is Halla." She moved to the water and waited as the fish jumped past her. When a smaller one came close she lashed out with her jaws and caught it in the middle. She swiftly moved to shore as she felt the creature wriggle out of her jaws. She kept an eye on it and waited for it to suffocate to death. While it gasped she set about digging a hole. She didn't think the other woman would go through the trouble of digging up her fish to steal it. She'd have to make it deep though so the smell didn't attract other predators.

Aslaug

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

BeeventGold Medal 2020
08-15-2020, 08:53 PM

She with her prize lied down into the shore and started to eat it fast so she could get more fish later.With efficient speed she finished her meal. "I think I'll get one more. My name is Halla." "Alright! Me too! I am Aslaug!" She said happily as she moved back to the shore, placing her eyes in the waters, waiting for another fish to swim by. Jaws were open in the wait, ready to catch anything. And there as soon as she heard a splash she jumped forward with a mouth wider and would clamp her jaws around the fish who was a bit bigger than the first.It struggled between her jaws but she wasnt going to let it go and quickly she walked back to the shore but instead of eating it she decided to get it back to Valhalla, maybe she could share it with Elba! "I think ill bring this to my pack! My sister may want to try it! Thank you so much for allowing me to fish with ya! I hope we meet each other again."

She said smiling and then she walked away to where she came from.

EXIT if not stopped--

"Speak"

Halla

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
08-25-2020, 06:24 PM

"Take care!" Halla called out as Aslaug picked up her fish and left. She had a few more things to take care of before she could leave as well. Halla pulled a small satchel of salt from her bundle and sprinkled it over the fish before she picked the fish up in her jaws and dropped it into the hole. She licked the remaining salt off her lips. This would be good. She enjoyed fermented fish but the trick was to keep other animals off of it long enough for it to properly ferment.

Once that was done she started scooping dirt back into the hole. So far so good. She kept her nose and ears alert to the sight and smells of bears but she hadn't seen to many at this section of river yet.

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
08-25-2020, 06:24 PM

Wyndelin had heard from another loner that the rivers were starting to fill with salmon now that spring was here. Eager to give fishing a try he started tracking north at the first river he ran into. Supposedly this one led to a lake? Or went near a big lake? He wasn't sure but there was only one way to find out. As he got further along he spied a familiar form. "Hey Halla, what are you doing?" He spied the blood still lingering on her muzzle. At least he thought he did. Sometimes it was hard to tell what was blood and what was her natural coat color. He settled down near the river, taking a peek and examining the salmon that were taking the leap up a small waterfall caused by some debris damming the river.

"Talk"

Halla

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterBeevent
08-25-2020, 06:26 PM

Halla continued to shovel dirt on top of her fish. She wanted to seal it against the air and that would require a fair amount of dirt. As she worked she was surprised to see Wyndelin arrive. Apparently word was getting around about the salmon. She was glad to have gotten a few fish. She smiled softly at the smaller man. "Just taking care of some leftover fish."So that wasn't the whole truth but she didn't know if Wyndelin liked fermented fish and she didn't care to share this particular dish. She finished scooping dirt over the fish before patting it down and scraping some leave and grass litter over it. "I just finished. Enjoy the river!"

-exit-