size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-07-2020, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 10:38 PM by Seadragoness.)
Who the hell can see forever?

Sunlight beamed down on her back as Jynn worked her way farther south. The sky was clear, just a few fluffy white clouds here and there. Tahmores, her Ethiopian wolf companion, trotted along at her side, panting as he went. He'd gone and worn himself out chasing seagulls as the pair strolled along the beach.

Jynn was just following the edge until it suddenly veered out into the ocean. Well that was curious. She stopped for a moment and eyed the short land bridge that stretched out into the ocean, forming what looked like a ring with deeper water in the middle. Seagulls were flying above it and she could see trees and other foliage growing there. Now that was an odd looking island that was worth exploring. She started walking across the land bridge, leaping whenever she came to a spot where the water spilled over. She hoped this was one of those land bridges that always showed and wouldn't go disappearing on her but it was hard to be sure with the tides.

OOC: Sea edit, I added in closing tags

Ouse

gems
size
build
player
08-07-2020, 10:32 PM

Ouse Boann

It had been quite some time since Ouse had shared her tales with a group. She was feeling that familiar itch. It was like a fullness within her. The stories were building up inside and needed to be released. Since that was the case, it was time for the painted woman to be on her way. Ouse had stopped here to simply relax and give her wandering paws a break. Now she was over-relaxed. She would quickly find herself on the move once more and would be in search of a pack or group that she could regale with her tales.

Before setting off, Ouse applied her paints. They were like a billboard of sorts. A sign. Where she came from, storytellers painted themselves to let everyone know who they were. Today, her snow white features were swathed in blues and golds. Her legs as well were painted. With the application finished, Ouse began to pick her way across the strange little bridge of sand. Sea birds were singing above as they flitted from one palm to the next. The sun was warm, but the gentle breeze wafting off of the sea kept Ouse from overheating. Glancing down, the woman was surprised to see not one set of fresh paw prints, but two. Putting on a bit more speed, the pale fae worked to catch up to those that passed before her. Perhaps they could travel together a bit. Traveling with company was better than traveling alone. She called out to a pair of shapes up ahead, her smooth tones tinged with an unmistakable Scottish accent. "Halloooo up there! Yoohoo!"

"Speech"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
08-09-2020, 08:22 AM

They arrived at the strange ring of land that surrounded a much deeper section of water. It had to be hundreds of feet down as dark as the water was. Fish of all kinds were swimming about, having entered from a small break in the ring. Jynn bent her head to sniff at the water. Yup, that was definitely salt water. She was about to trace her way around the ring when she heard a call. Her large ears flicked up and see turned to see a remarkably marked woman approaching with a unique accent.

"Hi, there! Sorry, we didn't mean to intrude. We just wanted to see what this strange spit of land was about."

Ouse

gems
size
build
player
08-09-2020, 10:21 AM

Ouse Boann

As the leggy woman turned, Ouse put on one of her easy grins. She picked her way across the warm, pale sands as she closed the distance between them. "Och, no need ta apologize. I'm exploring this interesting strip o' land and thought it might be nicer to walk together than alone." The lady's snow white tail swished lightly back and forth. "I'm Ouse." She offered her name. "A traveling storyteller. A bard of sorts." She offered her profession.

A splash drew her attention to the deepest of the water. The black expanse stretched down, down, down. "What do you think is down there then?" Ouse moved out into the shallows and peered over the drop off. It was black as pitch down there. The deep darkness sent seeds of stories to germinate in her mind. What could she weave from this?

"Speech"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

08-15-2020, 08:14 AM

Jynn's ears perked up as the older woman stated that she was exploring to. "That's great! My name is Jynn and this is Tahmores. We plan to explore everything we can in these new lands. I'd love some more company. What is a bard?" She knew what a storyteller was and she liked listening to others stories though she wasn't so great at telling them herself.

A splash caught her attention and she moved a bit closer toward the edge of the water but not too close. There were a wide variety of fish swimming in the circle of water, some diving deeper than others. "I don't know, maybe more fish? I wonder what caused this. It's like part of the ground just collapsed. Or... you don't suppose there's some sort of giant worm or dragon that lives down there do you?"

Ouse

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2020, 07:35 PM

Ouse Boann

"Well hallo Jynn and Tahmores." The pale woman chuckled in a good natured manner. "Bard is just a fancy word for storyteller. Either fits, one just makes me sound more professional, eh?" Her orange eyes twinkled in the blue and green mask as she moved in closer to the pair of explorers. It seemed that they would be exploring together.

Listening to Jynn explanation of what might be down the great abyss in the center of the water, the woman perked up. "What an imagination. Ye might make a fine storyteller yerself." Grinning again, she peered over the edge. There very well could be a dragon down there. Or some great serpent. Or maybe it went straight on through into nothing. She eyed the various fish that swam over the opening and noted that the larger fish swam in the center and the smaller stuck to the shallows. "It's an interesting sight anyway, isn't it?"

"Speech"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

08-25-2020, 05:55 PM

Jynn thought it fascinating that Ouse had a job as a storyteller. She wasn't quite sure what her role in a pack would be if she joined one. Scout maybe? She liked exploring and traveling the most but she wasn't subtle enough to be a spy, nor did she have the temperament for it. She could fight well enough but it was far from what she'd choose as a career.

Jynn smiled at Ouse's compliment. Maybe her lilt toward storytelling came from spinning up tall tales as a child. She nodded. "Yea, it really is something. I bet there's a lot more to see. Do you want to travel with me for a bit? I'd love to hear some of your stories if you have the time."

-end-?

Ouse

gems
size
build
player
08-27-2020, 02:42 AM

Ouse Boann

The invitation to explore had been extended, much to Ouse's happiness. "Oh, aye. Let us continue on our merry way then, Jynn." Extracting herself from the water, the pale woman gave herself a shake. The sea water would make her skin a little itchy, but she would find a fresh water stream soon enough to wash it off in.

Jynn admitted to wanting to hear some of her stories and, to anyone that was listening to the women, they would hear her begin as they pair walked off across the sandy land bridge. "Did ye ever hear the one about how the ocean was created by the tears of a lonely whale? It all started long, long ago, when the world was as new as a freshly birthed pup..."

"Speech"