gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
08-08-2020, 10:17 PM

Yurei was on a trip for herbs to the east,wanting to keep her stocks always with a fair amount of herbs to create medicaments and other things needed to keep her packmates healthy.Aki used her as transportation by resting on the wolf's back as she traveled to a new destination. A place she had never gone to before,and that gave her bigger chances of finding rare medical herbs.Calmly but with ears low and tail tucked she walked within the place lurking with her eyes.

She had a set list of herbs she needed the most. Horsetail, Marshmallow, and some Periwinkle.But she wasnt sure if she could find them here,but she had to give it a try but she held not big hopes. And there as she walked,she found a bush of Masrmellow,it had enough for her to carry back.

Herbs to collect-
Horsetail
Marshmallow
Periwinkle

"Speech"

[Image: cute.png?width=493&height=406]

[Image: Yureichibi.png]
Her threads may contain triggering topics like depression and negativeness. Be aware when threading with her.

Casso may crash in any of her threads desíte the tag!

Yurei now has a Grey female wildcat as a companion. Unless stated she is always with her.

Yurei now wears a side back up almost all the time that has four pockets one up and three down.

Ragna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-09-2020, 08:16 AM

Ragna enjoyed the roar of the waterfall in the distance. It made a soothing sound and offered nice background noise while she worked. She had built a fire and gathered an herb known as Common Bugle. It was very useful for coughs but winter had greatly depleted her stores. She carefully sorted the herbs, dividing them into two bundles which she planned to dry so she had some for the next round of winter respiratory infections.

Ragna had about one ounce left of dried herb, enough to make one decoction. Thankfully she'd managed to find more. She wasn't quite sure yet on the best way to store decoctions. The best way to store herbs seemed to be to dry them but she had a few more tests to try. Ragna placed the dried bugle in a clay bowl and gently massed it with her paw, seeking to break the plant down into smaller particles. The smaller the better. She wanted the water to grab as much of the properties of the herb as possible. As she worked she caught the scent of another wolf nearby.

"Hello?" she asked before catching site of a white wolf. "Oh! Hello."

Yurei

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
08-09-2020, 11:10 AM

And there she started to rip some of the Marshmallow but not all as she didnt want to destroy the whole bush,she wanted to make it without a rush. Aki herself collected those who were at the bottom of the vegetation. And the cat soon motioned the wolf to where a few more of the needed flowers rested. "Thanks...we will go for those later..." But there she didnt knows how she will be able to carry all of this back to Winterfell.

But then a sudden voice startled her, her eyes widened and ears flattened in fear. She looked around to find another wolf not so far from her. the stranger was speaking to her. "Hi...I am sorry did I intrude?" She asked scared.

Herbs to collect-
Horsetail
Marshmallow 1/3
Periwinkle

"Speech"

Her threads may contain triggering topics like depression and negativeness. Be aware when threading with her.

Yurei now has a Grey female wildcat as a companion. Unless stated she is always with her.

Yurei now wears a side back up almost all the time that has four pockets one up and three down.

Ragna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-15-2020, 08:49 AM

Ragna's prescence clearly startled the younger wolf. She grinned. "It's ok. You didn't intrude. I'm just trying to get some crafting done while the weather is good. What about you?" She leaned over toward her water skin and carefully used her toes to loosen the stopper. It would be faster to use her teeth but her fangs tended to damage it. With the stopper removed she poured the water into the clay bowl with the dried herbs. She stirred it with her claws a bit then opted to let it set and soak for awhile.

Moving over toward her herb bundles she realized she ought to introduce herself. "My name is Ragna by the way. What's yours?" She bent over the bundles. Picking one up she laid it across a thin strand of leather that she'd stretched out. She laid the middle of the stems in the middle of the leather. Using her teeth and her claws she carefully tied the leather around the stems to tie them together. She then did the same thing with the second bundle.

Yurei

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
08-15-2020, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 09:39 AM by Yurei.)

"It's ok. You didn't intrude. I'm just trying to get some crafting done while the weather is good. What about you?" She still couldn't get rid of her anxiety, this was just her nature and sometimes she couldn't change or not in her own. "I see...i am gathering some herbs for my stocks...I was starting with Masrahmallow..." She explained softly as she held the herbs in her mouth. "What are you crafting?.." She observed in silence. "My name is Ragna by the way. What's yours?" "Yurei...from Winterfell..." She said herself. "May i watch what you are doing?"

"Speech"

Ragna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-21-2020, 07:38 PM

Ragna checked the knots around her herb bundles and then moved to a nearby tree with low hangin branches. Leaning back on her hind legs she stretched up the tree and tied the loose ends of the cording around a branch so that the herbs could hang there and dry. It was always trickier tying a knot when standing on ones hind legs and stretching up but she managed to get it done.

Moving back down to four paws she smiled at the other woman. "Oh! So you're a healer too? Marshmallow is a useful herb. I'm just making an infusion. Basically I'm trying to get the healing properties out of the herbs and into the water where its easier for patients to drink." Speaking of, she turned her attention back to the mixture and gave it a little stir with a stick before placing it next to the fire to start heating.

"You're welcome to watch, though right now I just need to wait for the water to heat up. Is Winterfell very far away from here?"

Yurei

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
08-21-2020, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 09:07 PM by Yurei.)

"Oh! So you're a healer too? Marshmallow is a useful herb. I'm just making an infusion. Basically I'm trying to get the healing properties out of the herbs and into the water where its easier for patients to drink." She nodded upon the other female's assumption,she was indeed a healer,one still in training thought. Moving to what she was doing she sat down before her to observe. "I see..." She said shyly not making eye contact with the female before her just for respect.

"You're welcome to watch, though right now I just need to wait for the water to heat up. Is Winterfell very far away from here?"

"Winterfell is up North..." She responded before she stood up. "I need to collect more marshmallow and other herbs be right back..." Then she started to look for more marshmallow and there she walked away to start searching, Aki went to do so as well ready to tell her friend whenever she found, and funnily she did and calling for her Yurei reached her side and started to collect them.

Marshmallow 2/3---

"Speech"

Ragna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-24-2020, 08:24 PM

The younger healer went off to gather some marshmallow. "Take all the time you need. I'll be here awhile." As long as the weather was decent she was happy to use her alone time to get some crafting done. Not that she disliked spending time with her husband, but every so often a woman needed some time alone away from her spouse. What was that saying? Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Well, she had a few more projects to work on. Ragna dug around in her back until she found some fresh spikes of lavender. Some would be dried later but for now she wanted to make a tincture. Sowelu had given her some white wine to use for such a purpose and she was eager to give it a try. There were a number of herbs that she could use to make a tincture but as she had the lavender on had she felt it would be worth a try. Picking up one of the fronds in her teeth she began to chew it into smaller pieces to fit in one of the little glass bottles she'd pilfered out of a human dwelling.

Yurei

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Promptober 2019
08-24-2020, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 09:36 PM by Yurei.)

She and Aki remained there foraging for the herbs they needed. As they kept collecting the marshmallow,she nodded to her cat. "Okay...whats next?" She took a moment to decide which other herbs they could look for now. Then she decided to better look what the other woman was doing. And there she approached and sat down to look at what she was doing again. More herbs could be collected later on but learning from a more experienced healer could be more useful. "And how can you apply this to patients?"

"And which herbs did you used?..." She added another question but trying to be polite.

OC- It's okay if we use this to claim for a healing lesson too?

Marshmallow 3/3

"Speak"

Ragna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-05-2020, 03:20 PM
ooc: sure we can do a healing lesson!

Ragna stuck her head inside her pack and pulled out a bottle of water and a small jar of wine as well as an empty bottle to actually put the tincture in. She'd have to find some good fruit later to give to her husband's companion Sowelu, as a gift for the wine. She carefully used her teeth to uncork the bottles and stuffed a bunch of lavender buds into the bottle.

Ragna looked over to Yurei. "For the tea you can just give it to a patient to drink. Bugle is good for coughs. For the lavender I'm making a tincture. You can put a few drops in water and give it to a patient to drink. Lavender can help your patient relax and sleep."

Skælingr

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7
10-30-2020, 03:23 PM

Skælingr was on the hunt for his wife. She was late for their evening walk and while he knew she could handle herself it still made him worry. These were new and strange lands for them, just how safe unfamiliar territories were had yet to be determined. Skæ put his tracking skills to good use. He picked up on his wife's scent and followed it to find her crafting several items while another healer worked nearby. "Ragna, love, did you forget or walk for tonight?" He wouldn't chastise her too much. He had forgotten himself on a number of occasions. He just hoped that she was about finished with her projects so she could come and join him though if it was going to take awhile he supposed he could wait or they could reschedule.

Ragna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-30-2020, 03:24 PM
ooc: this ones been going awhile, hope its ok if I wrap it up!

Once the lavender was safely in the bottle Ragna gently seized the bottle of wine in her jaws and carefully poured some of the water into the container with the lavender buds until it was about half full. Once that was done she replaced the cork on the new tincture and settled down to rest and chat with the other healer. "I find tincture's with wine to be more pleasant to drink though you can make them with vinegar or other acidic liquids." She'd heard of some healers mixing water and lemon juice. She had put lemon juice in tea on the rare occasion she could find it but she had yet to try a tincture. Especially with Sowelu so good at making wines. She was about to continue speaking when her husband arrived. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I forgot. I'll get things cleaned up." She started putting her items away then called out to the other healer. "Nice talking with you!"

-exit-