size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
08-16-2020, 12:43 AM
The air was thick and warm. Pungent with decaying matter, moss, sludge. Resin loved places like this. They were comforting and brought back old memories of how things used to be. Iolaire and her brothers had been born in a place like this. All of that seemed like ages ago. Another life. Another time.

The singing of frogs and cicadas filled the air in a natural symphony. The old wolf closed her eye, absorbing the sound into her being. Had she been whole, she may very well have sung along. The bastard that took her children had also taken her voice, however. A bite to the throat as he tried to kill her had damaged her vocal cords. Once upon a time she had possessed a beautiful singing voice. She'd sung for traveling alphas and ambassadors in her homeland and had been prized for it. Never again though would that voice grace the world.

In the past she had been so much more. Since leaving her home pack, this had been the first time that she'd allowed herself to submit to the rule of another. She had nothing against Sirius, but his way of ruling was not her way of ruling. It could very well be time to be her own wolf again.

What sort of pack would she make though? Who would she draw to her? The time of warrior hood was beyond her. Perhaps now would be a time if healing. There were unfortunate in the world. Those that had no place. No skills. Perhaps she could bring them together. Offer teaching, protection, solace, healing. Healing not only of body, but of mind.

Inhaling deeply, the ash and onyx woman closed her lone, golden eye. She tilted her muzzle upward, allowing a spattering of moon light to fall across her face. It would be a difficult decision to leave Iolaire behind, but it was time for a change. She knew that her daughter was safe and she knew that Roan and Sirius wouldn't let any harm come to her. She wouldn't be far away. Perhaps she would speak to the ghost that had found her here. White Timber had served as her conscience before. Perhaps he would again.

Her voice was gone but the woman could still howl, though it was raspy and gritty. Muzzle already raised, she released one long, low note into the misty air. The creatures of the swamp slowed their orchestra, allowing her one moment alone in the moonlight before resuming their song.
[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

By the skin of my teethSnake EyesVengeanceMammoth HunterHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
08-17-2020, 06:36 PM

Dunkan has been fighting against the immense weight that his loss in the Raid had bestowed upon his shoulders, since then part of his undying spirit was gone,not like he had given up. He just didnt held himself with the same confidence he used to,but he knew this was right,he couldn't just let this destroy what he has been working for.He made it to the rank he wanted,he was a warrior after seasons of training. But he still felt this shouldn't be the last efforts he could do,he wasnt over yet.He wasnt going to be a conformist,he wanted to go beyond his own limits,to never stop learning and striving to be better.

And in order to cease all of the trash thinking he decided to adventure himself out of the Armada,he needed fresh air this time. And as he entered the swamps he did so in the company of Urasa.They as time passed were becoming more united, more to a friendship that mere partners.

And there he walked feeling highly interested in these place,he had never seen such location in his short life. But leaving the interest in the land he then focused on having his burdens melt with the silence the swamp was giving him,but then a howl broe through the silence alerting the male.

He stopped and trying to locate the howl he approached in silence, making sure his steps weren't heard. Crouching his body a bit he poked his head through a bush and there his former mentor was there.What was she doing here? Should he leave her be? Was she alright? And at the end, he stepped out revealing himself giving a small sigh so he could announce his presence. "Mis.Resin,it's everything alright?"

"Speak"

He has a male Jaguar Named Urasa and a female red tailed hawk named Kaira ,They are always around him unless told otherwise
He wears a lion skull with mane and claw bracers.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

08-19-2020, 12:31 AM
With her howl ended and the frogs and cicadas taking over once more, Resin simply stared upwards. Until she heard the sound of approaching paws and a sigh, anyway. A low growl rumbled free until she turned her head enough to see the form of Dunkan creeping from the brush. There was a look of concern on his usually blank features and he questioned her. "Yes, Dunkan. I'm fine," she replied. "Just thinking."

With a tug of her skull, she motioned for him to join her. Legs sliding forward, the woman deposited herself upon her stomach on the raised bit of land that she'd found. It was less damp atop a mound than it was at the bottom, so her fur wouldn't get soaked with swamp water. She would still most likely bathe when she left this place. The scents of the swamp were thick and acrid. She didn't want to carry those smells upon her.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" It was unlike him to travel away from the Armada lands. Perhaps he was doing the same thing that she was. Maybe he just needed to get away to think for a time. The woman's single golden eye rested upon him as she waited for an answer.

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

By the skin of my teethSnake EyesVengeanceMammoth HunterHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
08-19-2020, 05:05 PM

As Dunkan walked dout of the bush his former mentor spotted him."Just thinking." She gave him permission to join her in this strange place he had yet to know about. Calmly and keeping his mouth shut he took a seat beside her as she lied down.The silence the place gived was really pleasing for him, sometimes quiet places were the perfect places for deep thinking.

He lied down as well Urasa went off to explore giving his wolf alone time with the she-wolf who took him under her win when he first joined the pack. "I needed some space to clear a few matters, i can't just get over the shameful defeat i had in the raid.I can't just forgive myself after the way i screwed it all...this is the second time I fail the armada, Miss.Resin.I can't stand it..." He said looking away unsure if he was doing things right.

He never gave up, he always gave all he had for being better but losing in not only one but two raids was unacceptable. "And what were you thinking about if may I ask?" He asked politely.

"Speak"

He has a male Jaguar Named Urasa and a female red tailed hawk named Kaira ,They are always around him unless told otherwise

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

08-23-2020, 10:29 PM
Dunkan soon joined her as she lay upon the little hill of raised earth. He answered her question by explaining that he needed to clear his mind of certain things. Those things soon came to light as he spoke of the raid and of his defeat. He called her 'Miss Resin' once more and she cast him a sidelong glance. "Just Resin, please." She was too old to be a Miss anything. Then she spoke in regards to his loss. "We all suffer losses at some point. It's what we do after that makes us. Will you let those losses define you or will you strive to be better?" The maned woman gave her thick skull a shake. "Learn from those losses. Take what experience you gained and use it to further yourself. Make yourself better and next time you may not lose."

The boy asked what she was thinking about and Resin simply stared down into the dark, moss covered waters of the swamp. "Thinking about leaving the Armada." Would that shock him? "Thinking that it's about time to start my own pack again. Things are getting cramped on Armada lands, so if I start my own pack and take a few members with me, there will be more room for growth here as well as growth wherever I lay down roots." There was much that she would need though. Warriors to defend while the pack was new. Healers to assist in the idea that she hoped to craft. Builders to shape her vision. Travelers to spread the word. If she decided to take this fork in the path, there was a lot of work ahead.

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

08-24-2020, 08:37 AM

Dunkan sighed in the lowest of tones,not wanting to make it too noticeable his bad mood.For him it was hard to show his emotions out crearly,he had a lot to holes in his life,holes that ended up making who he was today.Cold and indepdnet of any kind of strong feeling toward others.Others may call him an ass of whatever for being this solitary for his age,but if they knew the background he came from they would understand.A mother who wasnt really in his life,no siblings ,nothing just himself.And that made him lose any aphaty for others,but not like he always sustified his attitude with that,but that was the main reason he was who he was now.

"Alright," He answered to she saying just Resin,no miss with it. He adressed her like this for mere respect,it was thanks to her that he was part of the Armada and a warrior today. Then she gave him a sermon regarding his prevoius statement of what was on his mind. He nodded. "I guess you are right,i just cant belive i lose for a second time.But thats why ill train without rest and bring myself to my limits.and more." He said with determination. "I have no time to waste."

Then she spoke about her plans for the future,a pack. This certainoy surprised him but again he dodnt allow it to appear on his blank expression. "What's wrong with the Armada?" If there was he certinly had no idea and he wanted to know but moving to the main point."What will your pack be about?"

"Speak"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

08-26-2020, 02:18 PM
"I imagine you'll do better next time. If you don't, take what you can from it and do better the time after that." She could understand his disappointment, but if you clung to it for too long, you ran the risk of losing the fire that made you a warrior in the first place. She didn't want that for the young, serious boy. He had to have some purpose. Fighting and defending seemed to be his. If he lost the will to do those things, well...

When Dunkan asked what was wrong with the Armada, the big woman chuckled. "Nothing is wrong with the Armada. There just isn't enough room." One could barely turn around without running into one or two wolves these days. "Besides, I'm getting old. My path is pulling me elsewhere. I'd be a fool to deny that pull." She would go and create her own group. The goal of said group would be different from that of the Armada. Less war driven and more therapeutic. War was grand, but the scarred woman was getting more calm in her old age. Calm was where she wished to end her days.

Dunkan

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

09-03-2020, 09:25 AM

"I agree with you," He said in response to her advice,he was sure he was going to be better he must have to be better if he wanted to be the warrior he always wanted to be.And he was sure he will get it and he was far from ever giving up, nothing and no one will make him forfeit his path and what he was aiming to be someday,he wasnt going to betray his own beliefs and his own essence by no one's will.

And he also agreed that the Armada was growing too much for it to be comfortable anymore. He didnt mean it but sometimes he didnt have room to find train alone and all the time he found someone on his way. So for that he could understand Resin's concern. "I understand,i guess at some point we must answer the calls that drags us out of a place to send us to a better one." He said impressively in a philosophical way, though Dunkan often contemplated anything but he just didnt share his thought unless it was to someone he would say he cared for , even in a faint level.

"And would it be okay if i followed you? I will like to support you,after all thanks to you is that I am here.And i see it fair to lend you my strength." He assured her.

"Speak"

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

09-05-2020, 11:31 PM
Resin was a little surprised when Dunkan expressed an interest in going with her. "We'll have to discuss it with Sirius, but you would be welcome to join me. It could be good for you." Perhaps the boy needed a break from war for a time. He could focus on some other aspect of himself and maybe it would help to make him a well rounded individual. She knew that he struggled and she didn't like seeing it, but she understood.

Hefting herself to her paws, the woman shook out her thick coat. "Let's get back then. There's a lot to do if I'm to move forward with this plan." With that, she set off back for home. There really was a lot to do. She would speak to Sirius soon and get everything in order. Get the ball rolling, so to speak. She still had to break the news to Tam. That would most likely be the hardest part.