Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
06-15-2014, 01:49 PM
If there's enough interest, I'd like to bring in a band of rogue pups. I'll expand their history later, but here's a quick run down:

There are three litters involved (the Bandito, the Sohrab and the Shani). The Bandito and Sohrab are the same age and the Shani are younger.

These guys were born into a very small pack consisting of only four families and their young. The families were of the lighter nature, making for a relatively peaceful group. They did well in their territory; no one was ever hungry and there was, for the most part, no reason to complain. Life was good and it was easy until one of the wolves contracted rabies and brought it to the pack. The epidemic was fast and it was vicious. It turned normally docile wolves into monsters and those that remained uninfected were slowly picked off by the sick. The pack would scatter when another member turned and then, once things would settle again, they'd seek each other out and regroup. Because the sickness wasn't immediately apparent, this strategy proved to be their downfall. Eventually there was no one left except the young, who had been carefully protected.

Being so young and inexperienced, what followed the death of the last adult can only be described as chaos. Only five weeks old at the time, the youngest were the first to begin dying. Too inexperienced to be of much use in a hunt, the older ones suffered as well. Even though they stuck together, there was no order. Everyone did what they thought was best and no one could agree on a course of action. For whatever reason, after many loses, they began to gather around a boy named Linus. Linus, the oldest child there, had no idea what to do, but under his supervision a new way of living was slowly created. Life for the young group gained some stability. They still weren't very good at hunting, but they learned to steal. To avoid retaliation, they moved constantly although in Ala I might have them have a base of operations which would probably be an island.

Now (I haven't decided on how much time has passed) their group has begun to evolve into a more structured band. At the top is Linus, who is beginning to see the value of manipulation, followed by the second in command (if there are enough pups there might be two pups and their unofficial "title" will change to "enforcers") who punishes those who step out of line. Below them are the "Brothers" and "Sisters" who make up pretty much everyone else. Everyone has either adopted a nickname or been given one. Linus has taken up the monicker "Thief Lord" and any one who wishes to join them will be given a nickname too.

Linus is extremely protective of his siblings, but he's worked very hard to cultivate a relationship with each pup. As a whole, he's pretty well liked; an approval he's gotten mostly through extreme honesty. While a bit manipulative, his strategy is effective: he thoroughly explains what he expects from each situation and then asks opinions. He explains everything he does before he does it, making sure everyone is aware of his reasoning and then he gives everyone a role to play. No one is left out. This way of doing things has made the group extremely close to one another and disloyalty is unheard of.

They also will accept pups who are already in Ala. Anyone under the age of one can join them, although joining will involve a certain amount of hazing and they have to leave everything behind as well as swear loyalty to Linus. There may or may not be a set of rules to follow called the Code of Conduct. I haven't decided yet.

Coming from docile parents, these guys naturally fall into lighter alignments, but they can slowly evolve into harder beings, which is what I intend to have happen to Linus.

The most common tactics used to secure food for the band have been given names but in general they're referred to as "scams" or "games".

There's The Cry Baby, which involves them using one of the younger members as bait. The pup, brought just out of sight of the wolves who have made a kill, is made to scream and cry until the hunters go to investigate (another pup carries the screamer off hoping the hunters will follow) and as soon as they're out of sight, the band rushed is and eats as quickly as they can.

Poke A Bear, while containing 'bear' in the title, doesn't always involve a bear, just a non wolf species. This tactic is usually referred to as a game because of its execution. Basically, they surround an animal, like a bear, and take turns harassing it. Whenever its back is turned a pup from the opposite side rushes in and steals a piece from its kill. This game is often used when initiating new members.

Bold Thieving is a scam involving a lone wolf with a kill. Like Poke A Bear, the band (usually) surrounds the wolf, but in this instance the tactic revolves around them chasing off the lone wolf or intimidating them into giving it up. If presence alone doesn't do the trick, they attack.

There are other named ones, but these are the most common and Linus usually tailors a game plan for each situation after some kind of recon. This is where members have the most say and those who participate in scams/games usually get the best benefits (like Linus' approval or the right to eat "first" (the younger pups eat first so 'first' refers to who eats first after the babies. It's considered the first place because they belief the very first place belongs to those too young to care for themselves and so that one doesn't count as a place of honor, but a necessity.) Those who don't participate in the scam that won that particular meal eat last, unless they were physically unable to help, then they eat with the babies.

That's all that I have so far and input is very welcome. If enough players are interested I'll put up an adoption thread.

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-15-2014, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 02:08 PM by Dægmar.)
I both remember and ADORE this plot. I imagine you remember Magpie and she is soooo in! I can also lighten her history as well. Not sure if you remember but it was pretty dark and brutal.

Arnporr

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Ely is interested, very interested! I can already image my pup for it XD

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
06-15-2014, 03:26 PM
If you'd like her history to remain the same, Lunar, you can have her join the group instead of being in one of the three litters.

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-15-2014, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 04:52 PM by Dægmar.)
That could work or maybe she was rescued and adopted into one of the three families?

EDIT: Magpie's new design: http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w461/l...zps0e388bc5.jpg

Silveris

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I'm interested.

Rikku

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2014, 04:18 PM
I am throwing Rikku into this shizz cuz it seems like a lot of fun XD

Destruction

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm interested! Oh yes. xD

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
06-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Here's a link to their adoptions page: http://alacritis.east-of-paradise.com/inde...=ST&f=76&t=9604

That could work, Lunar! Just pick a family.