gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
06-14-2014, 04:32 PM

For too long now Dutiron had been worried. After arriving in Ludicael and Song had welcomed and forgiven them he had assumed that life would only get easier. His first hurdle had been gaining the pack due to Song's own stress levels, the second had been the hatred of Howl, an issue that still remained to be resolved and the third and certainly largest problem he'd faced had been the epidemic. His mate, niece, nephew and some of his grandchildren had fallen ill and it had caused the stress levels for all to rise as they frantically searched for a way to heal the sick.

Fortunately help had arrived, the cure discovered and shared throughout the lands. It turned out they had been on the right path though with tension running high in the pack had been delayed. All that mattered now though was that the correct herbs had been given to each of the wolves sick with the epidemic and fortunately all seemed to be making a swift recovery. He had ventured around to check that afternoon and for the first time in a while it seemed that things were calming again.

His final stop as the evening began to creep closer was of course his starting point, the den he shared with his beloved mate. She too was recovering rather well so far, of course not quite back up to her usual strength though he had confidence that she would get there soon enough and until the mean time he was of course still here at her side to tend to her every need.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-15-2014, 10:17 AM

The sickness had taken her to very dark places, many she had not visit in very long. The visions of her father had wreaked havoc within her mind, the need for Dutiron seemed to triple. As the medicine was administered the woman would wake and beg to be by his side. He was a ray of light within her own personal hell. With the cure clearing the clouds from her mind she could think again. What had happened?
Her tired body had finally relinquished itself to restful sleep, dreams devoid as her body began to recuperate her strengths. She would still sleep as Dutiron made his way back to their shared den, his scent gently wafting inside, stirring her slightly. A small breath would leave her lungs as her eyes began to slide open, the last bits of blood still visible on her creamy pelt. Clarity was also returning to her orbits, she could see her mate's silhouette outside the entrance. "Dutiron?"

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
06-15-2014, 10:48 AM

Though he hated to admit it but seeing Novel ill had hit him the hardest. It didn't mean to say that cared any less for his grandchildren or his niece or nephew but simply the affects of his mate's illness had truly been awful to witness. Numerous different symptoms had flown around making it hard to find the cure though in Novel's case awful hallucinations of her father had struck and as much as he wished to there hadn't even been a way for Dutiron to comfort her as those visions plagued her mind.

He had left her sleeping and had hoped in some ways that she would still be resting upon his return. Though her strength was certainly regaining he still wished to be at her side when she awoke, just in case she needed anything. He couldn't quite tell but she was certainly awake now as she spoke his name as he moved inside the den. "I'm here my love." He responded softly, stepping to her side and nuzzling her lovingly in greeting.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-15-2014, 11:16 AM

Novel would do her best to put the sickness, and what she saw during the sickness behind her. Life was difficult enough with out her father's ghost plaguing her mind. With her mate close by such actions were easier than others, still at the shadow of her vision she could catch the glimpse of the large violent male. Ignoring such sights recovery would slowly come to the older female, and with it the realization of her body's cycle. Her heat had come about her during the awful illness, and now she would suffer through nature's gift.
Dutiron had not been another figment of her mind, he was truly at the entrance of their den when she called for him. There was no hesitation in his actions as his words met her ears, "I'm here my love." His form was suddenly beside her, a gentle nuzzle being offered. She would accept the gesture, and for the first time since she had been struck with the plague she would nuzzle him back. "I'm so glad you aren't a hallucination." she would smile weakly as she leaned into his touch. "How much have I missed?"

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
06-15-2014, 11:38 AM

The change in her scent was indeed noticeable though to be honest so caught up with the illness Dutiron had almost forgotten that it was Winter and that time of year was upon them. He was a man deeply in love with his mate and would be lying if he denied the fact that there were urges that were being created now, though he was of course a gentleman and would fight the thoughts away, concentrating instead upon Novel's recovery.

He would sigh contently as she nuzzled him in return, he had missed these simple moments with Novel, just the little signs of affection that had become second nature over the years though the contact had of course initially alarmed him once as their feelings had first began to emerge all those years ago. He had come a long way from that timid young male though all thanks to the strong and loving woman he'd had at his side through it all.

He'd find both pain and humour in her words, the memories of her sickness and her visions then haunting him briefly but ultimately couldn't help but smile in return to his mate. "No, I'm definitely real." He confirmed once more. As for her second question however, he sadly had no good news for her. "I'm afraid we've all just been rather preoccupied with this illness. You weren't the only one sick; three of Song's children, one of Symphony's, Satu and Iorwerth." It certainly didn't sound good when he put it like that. "They are all recovering now as well though." He made sure to reassure her of that fact.

"Harmony is here, not just in Alacritia but Ludicael. She stopped by to try and help find a cure. I'm not sure if she'll be staying yet though, we haven't discussed that." Harmony's presence had indeed been rather surprising, he had believed that their grandchildren had remained in Ahlon with their parents though it seemed they were mistaken. He couldn't help but wonder how Lyric was coping with that, though wouldn't dare voice the thoughts. "We did have a non-Destruction wolf recently seek to join though, even with the sickness on-going. Wren Sartaddi is her name, I'm sure you'll meet her for yourself in time." The soft smile had returned to his features now as he offered some better news. Even in a time of disaster it seemed that the pack could begin to grow, though most notably Wren was the first wolf to officially join Ludicael since Song had stepped down.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-15-2014, 12:08 PM

She would be lying if she said she didn't feel the desire that her body held for her mate, the season causing her to want his touch. Such thoughts were slightly easier to subdue since she was recovering from the sickness, but she knew as time continued and her health returned that thoughts of children would begin to hoard her thoughts. She her form would lean into Dutiron's leg he would greet her, "No, I'm definitely real." Though it was rather morbid humor she would put on a smile, listening as he easily caught her up on all the happenings.
She was sad to hear so many of their family had been effected by the mystery illness. Especially her tiny grandchildren, the simple thought of them going through the awful hallucinations would break her heart. She only had to cling to the fact that they were now recovering as she was. Novel would have never wished such an episode, especially on ones so young and that she cared about so dearly. She would nod in acknowledgment, and try to keep her hopeful smile. At least they were all recovering.
He would go on to tell her of Harmony, her sweet grand pup who had apparently left the pack as well. Ears would fall to her skull as she thought of what Lyric could possibly be thinking about such actions. Probably much like herself when her own broods had disappeared. "I look forward to seeing Harmony, and meeting Wren." she would look away for a moment, realizing the depth of what had been placed on Dutiron's shoulders. "And.. I'm sorry." her dark gaze would find him again, "I'm sorry you've had to deal with this alone."

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
06-15-2014, 12:31 PM

Dutiron hadn't intended upon bringing her sadness though to be honest it was a topic that couldn't really be ignored. She'd been too ill to be aware of it at the time but would surely realise soon enough for herself that Ludicael had been struggling with the illness, in fact all of Alacritia had. It was better her told her now rather than later and at least the cure had been found and Novel wasn't recovering to find that she was the only one on the mend.

"I'm sure she'll certainly stick around long enough for that, even if she does have plans to leave again." He responded, the comment of course in regards to Harmony. He hadn't really had the chance to speak to her again yet, though hopefully he and Novel soon would.

Dutiron would settle down at his mate's side now, certainly not planning on going anywhere and it didn't seem that his mate urgently needed anything either. He hadn't asked of course though she didn't seem too troubled. Her tone would grow a little more serious now however as she apologised to him. To be honest he would have swapped places in a heart beat, anything to see his mate healthy and no longer afraid of the imaginary ghost that had haunted her during her sickness, equally though he certainly understood her guilt. He would have hated putting her though the very same worry he had been under as of late.

"I had the pack around me, I wasn't alone." He pointed out as he begun to nuzzle her once more. Of course it wasn't quite as same as having Novel at his side, after all in his humble opinion she was the better leader out of the two of them. "I'm just glad to see you getting better now. Is there anything you need?"

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-15-2014, 01:34 PM

The woman had no intention of sinking deeper into darkness. She was becoming well and her mate was there by her side to provide anything she needed. Still, the saddening thoughts would sneak into her mind as she learned of the fate of her family. There was hope, and she could shake off the lingering thoughts. Harmony was here, and possibly to stay. "I'm sure she'll certainly stick around long enough for that, even if she does have plans to leave again." She would nod to Dutiron's comment, she would see her before she decided what it was she wanted to do.
Finally the male would settle himself beside her, she would feel his welcome warmth in the winter chill. Even within their secure den she could feel the cold of the season's wrath, and still recovering she would be more so effected by the low temperature. "I had the pack around me, I wasn't alone." She would find her lips pulling back in a smile, yes he had their family to rely upon. She would return his nuzzle lovingly once again, the feeling of his fur against her skin creating more warmth than intended. The thoughts that would brew within her would cause a slight blush to form on her cheeks as she tried to shake off the lusty thoughts. "I'm just glad to see you getting better now. Is there anything you need?"
She would shake her head, "I just... need you." her whisper would be filtered through his dusty fur as she buried her features into his pelt. A smile tugging at the corners of her pale lips.

"Speech"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
06-15-2014, 01:48 PM

Sad thoughts certainly weren't needed now. After all that everyone had been through as of late they deserved some happiness, fortunately the peace didn't seem to be too difficult to reach for now, especially not now here resting with his mate. There were certainly still signs of the illness but she was recovering and that thought alone was a pleasing one to the man's mind. Surely everything around them could only get better now as well.

His assumption had been correct it seemed, Novel was content for the moment and he was free to relax at her side. "Well then, I shall stay right here." He responded dropping his own voice to the volume level she'd set as he whispered into her ear, placing a loving kiss upon her cheek before lifting his head to rest it lightly upon Novel's.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-15-2014, 02:59 PM

She would easily enjoy having Dutiron by her, recovering from the illness she could actually breathe again. The illness was not one she ever wanted to experience again, there with Dutiron now she could begin to recover. She could start forgetting about what happened and start to live once more.
Dutiron would whisper back, promising he wouldn't leave her. A content sigh would fall from her lips as he lay his head atop her own. The warmth that surrounded her coupled with her recuperating body would cause her to yawn, sleep beckoning once again. "I think i will sleep." she would say quietly before letting her lids fall over her eyes and slipping to sleep.

"Speech"

want to start a new one a week or two later?

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
06-15-2014, 03:11 PM

Even now they had the cure Dutiron wasn't sure any of them wished to see that illness again. All may have survived though it truly hadn't been a pleasant experience for anyone within the pack, those suffering of course had probably felt terrible though it hadn't exactly been a positive experience for those forced to watch as their loved ones suffered.

With a yawn Novel would announce her wish to sleep. "Goodnight." He would whisper softly. Perhaps he had disturbed her after all though clearly not too much. He would lie still as she drifted off to sleep, silently listening to her breathing, a regular and calming rhythm that was a comfort to hear as he too eventually followed her lead and closed his own eyes.