size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
09-14-2020, 07:21 PM

Naiche had never been here before.  Now as he walked through the strange white tree’s with ivory vines he felt silenced, not just by words but in his mind.  He would pause at a tree, then a separate one getting use to the different scents they had versus the other tree’s he had smelled before.  The wheat-coated wolf’s tail flagged slowly back and forth at how new things were.  There was a slight kink in the base of his tail where the fur was still a little thin and patchy but it was definitely growing back.

Pan had quickly climbed up one of the tree’s.  The little pangolin’s tail was loosely wrapped around a branch but not so tight as to keep him from quickly walking along the branches, more like a safety precaution should he happen to miss a step.  Pan didn’t tend to miss steps though so neither Pan nor Naiche would worry about such a thing.

Naiche made his way to the pool, his eyes at first on the runes but that glow in the pool was too much to not check out.  The water was mesmerizing taking up more of his attention than he would normally give to one single object.  It was important to focus on everywhere but he was stuck wondering what would make water the color this one was?
"Speech"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
09-14-2020, 07:58 PM
Venom walked softly through the white trees of the shrine, her thin back and white frame blending in well with the shadows and trunks around her. Bright pink and purple eyes were alert to her surroundings, just as her ears swiveled at every little sound. She heard the creature in the canopy making its way through branches as she caught the scent of a wolf she did not know.

Thankfully for him he smelled of Armada, unfortunately for Venom his companion miss stepped. As she tried to catch sight of him the sound from above caused her to raise her quills in alarm as the pangolin fell on her back. She wasn’t expecting the blow and while she fell to the ground she caught herself in a roll and returned to face the offending creature.

A snarl ripped over her features as she settled easily into a battle stance, defensive in case the creature attacked again. Her pink and purple gaze on fire as she reassess the situation.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-14-2020, 08:11 PM

Whoops.  Pan determined the branch hadn’t been solid enough, unfortunately, the realization came as the tree branch gave out from under him and his scaly body landed on something soft and supportive before falling off onto the ground. Pan landed on his side and started to rise up calmly until he saw a rather unhappy and large.  The little pangolin dropped right back down and curled himself up a tight ball of rather sharp looking scales.  The belly had no scales, nor did his muzzle but the belly was protected in his ball shape and the tail covered his face quite well.  

Naiche jerked his head up from the soft sound of tree breaking and the snarl that followed.  Naiche charged forward spotting a tall and angry wolf facing his curled up Pan.  Naiche’s own ears went flat as he moved forward.  The notion did strike him he was on ashen territory so he should watch himself but first he was protecting Pan.  What were the odds of finding another creature that fit his wishes so well. “That’s mine,” the warning was soft and possessive.  However, with a good bit of force he stood up straight and moving his ears forward.  Pan should be safe in that position so he would be wary but respectful of this wolf's territory. “What’s going on?”  
"Speech"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
09-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Venom didn’t know what he thought he was warning her about, but the young crown princess and acting ruler didn’t take kindly to commands from anyone. Especially some no name under Sirius. Venom wasn’t about to get into the creature’s defenses anyway, already she’d swiped her tiger like claws over the animal’s back. He was in no danger from her. Venom on the other hand was going to be very peeved once she realized her quill was bent. A deep growl resonated inside her chest as he demanded an explanation, but that wasn’t how this worked.

The Empress to be growled and showed her teeth, her forked tongue flicking from white lips with an intended effect of intimidation. ”If it’s yours, then you will take responsibility.” She told him darkly, her mind would not be changed on this as she blamed him for the transgression. ”Who am I charging for assault on the crown?” She asked as she took a step forward, knowing that if this got too intense it would be better to call for Sirius.

Her hackles raised and her quills rose, but the bent one stood out from the corner of her eye. Another deep growl, one of frustration this time, rolled through her body from her chest. ”Foul beasts” She cursed lightly, dual toned tail lashing at her hips as this transgression fed her frustrations.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-16-2020, 07:46 PM

Naiche wasn’t surprised by her growl considering how he had charged in, that was fair enough.  It was still hard to keep himself acting calm.  It had taken him a second to realize it but he was trying, it went against his pattern as of late though!  This was ashen territory and this was an ashen wolf in front of him.  Still, that was his pet, where did that put them?  Naiche didn’t know much about how it worked in this fashion, two friendly packs was a strange concept.

“Take responsibility for what? Pan is hardly aggressive.” Then another surprise, “assault on the crown?” No! No! No!  How did he keep running into women like this? Princess or queen or sister to or what other crap? Damn it big-headed women were never good news.  “I’m Naiche, a student in the armada.”  He wanted to growl so badly at her own shown teeth.  Oh shit he wanted too, he kept his tail low and his hackles were mostly down but it was a constant fight.

“Sorry, I haven’t been in your turf much, so uhm, who are you exactly?” Was she really some royal whoever or whatever? Damn it how did he avoid these women? His eyes flicked to the bent quill that seemed to upset her more.  “I still don’t quite know what happened to know what I’m being charged with?” Ok, he was calming.  Foul beast?  The hell. His eyes were narrowing and lip twitched as he fought the urge to growl, after a few seconds once more controlling himself.  “I didn’t come here to cause trouble.”

Speech:"Women!"   Think

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

09-17-2020, 09:22 AM
The last thing the man was, was apologetic or sympathetic and Venom was not impressed. His pet had fallen on her, obviously in an aerial attack, and all he could do was stare at her open mouthed and gaping as she spoke. He managed to give his name and position in Sirius’s Armada but Venom was hardly appeased. As the moments ticked by her good sense returned. She could plainly see the offending creature was tucked in on itself, clearly not in a battle stance, and she did eventually get an apology for the rude Armada member.

”He bent my quill!” She told him with obvious offense. ”Venom Abraxas, the Acting Empress!” Her ferocity was calming, but her tail continued to lash at her hips. Her tongue flicked in frustration as he backed down only slightly. Venom took a step forward, asserting herself more clearly. She growled again, wanting to be mad and not see the scenario for what it was. No one was here to intentionally cause harm, a bad case of the wrong place at the wrong time.

Venom huffed and visibly deflated, her fur suddenly smoothed as her attention was turned to her poor quill. It was now pressing against her flesh irritably. It was going to have to be pulled out. ”Gods above.” Her annoyance was now palpable as she raised and lowered her quills.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-17-2020, 10:37 AM

The more she chilled the more Naiche was managing.  It was easier to keep his hackles down, it was more a normal state of annoyed at pissy females instead of outright wanting to fight.  She was freaky looking though with that tongue.  Quills were weird but the tongue was freaky.  “Worried about the quill because of looks or battle? You still have other quills that should do the job, and a bent quill doesn’t stop you from looking nice?” It wasn’t an attempt at a compliment, just an attempt to see if it helped reassure her not too much harm really done.

“Um, sorry again.  I didn’t know you were the empress.” Naiche inwardly sighed, empress was worse than princess.  Reluctantly, very reluctantly he lowered his head just a notch more humbly. “If you want, I could try and help with the quill? Do they pull out easily?” There was nothing on Ashen turf good enough to think of coming back when this was over.  Though the pool was really nice, not this nice.

Pan meanwhile decided that an exit was in order, he was slowly leaving his rolled-up position to see if the two staring at it each other made it a safe time to gain some distance, like to the nearest tree.  He was most definitely ready to roll up fast if he caught Venom’s attention.

Speech:"Live to fight" Think

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

09-17-2020, 07:26 PM
”An Empress should not have a bent quill.” she returned though he tried to argue that what she was going through wasn’t so horrible. ”It’s bent backwards too though,” she said a little quieter, but couldn’t contain the wiggle as she shifted uncomfortably beneath it. ”I’m not immune to the prick of my own quills.” Now she was just talking to be talking, and the adrenaline wore off and she tried with more difficulty to find her focus.

”Would you not be sorry, were I not Empress?” She asked him coldy, lowering one brow as she looked him over again, her tongue flicking condescendingly. He gave her more respect and lowered his head as he offfered to rty and pluck the quick from her skin. Her hackles raised in response along with a growl in her chest. ”No, thank you. I do not want.” She told him bluntly, trying to decide who she would want to help pluck her quills. No one. That thought cooled her considerably and her fur smothed slowly.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-17-2020, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 10:29 PM by Naiche.)

Empresses shouldn’t have bent quills? Hah! Naiche imagined if she was a real empress she’d have to end up with worse than bent quills at points.  Unless she wasn’t like Sirius, perhaps she let other wolves in the pack do the dirty work while she kept her quills perfect?  Poor damn thing. Though would Sirius accept a pack with such an empress as an ally? Probably not but really, a bent quill?  As she talked about it he waited quietly and at least managed to imitate patience.

The question surprised him and he bit back the first answer that came to his mind.  His pet fell on her! This wasn’t the end of the world or some vicious act.  Damn, she was petty.  The best part is she was only getting to be a bitch because of her station and he was willing to bet she got it by merit of parents versus earning it.  “Yes, empress.  I would be sorry for snarling at a wolf on your land.”  Hey! He was getting better at lying.  He had found her looking as if she'd attack Pan, of course, he'd be right to protect his friend if not someone of higher station.  Allies didn't mean he had to be a pushover, did it?  The words came out stiff but the formal tone he was trying to keep to would help that right?   Naiche really just wanted to help bend a few more of her quills backward.

Allies.  Allies.  Allies.  Naiche repeatedly reminded himself of the important word. “I’m assuming you wouldn’t want Pan to fix it either? He should be able to fairly easily with his hands.  But I can certainly see why you might say no to that also.” His eyes flicked to where Pan was and smirked as he found the Pangolin climbing up a tree trunk using those well-clawed hands.  

Letting out a slow sigh, “is there something I can do to help repay for the trouble Pan brought you?”  Honestly, he just wanted this over with.  He wasn’t allowed to keep up his hotheaded pride so now he would just do whatever to get her off his back.  Had Asla got the idea of quills for armor from this lady? Naiche imagined the two would either be good friends or have an extreme hatred, they seemed too similar to not be one or the other.  Both were a pain.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-17-2020, 10:34 PM

Empresses shouldn’t have bent quills? Hah! Naiche imagined if she was a real empress she’d have to end up with worse than bent quills at points.  Unless she wasn’t like Sirius, perhaps she let other wolves in the pack do the dirty work while she kept her quills perfect?  Poor damn thing. Though would Sirius accept a pack with such an empress as an ally? Probably not but really, a bent quill?  As she talked about it he waited quietly and at least managed to imitate patience.

The question surprised him and he bit back the first answer that came to his mind.  His pet fell on her! This wasn’t the end of the world or some vicious act.  Damn, she was petty.  The best part is she was only getting to be a bitch because of her station and he was willing to bet she got it by merit of parents versus earning it.  “Yes, empress.  I would be sorry for acting rashly or showing aggression towards any of yours.” If some low rank had been at fault he wouldn't have felt a lick of guilt.  She had looked like she might hurt Pan.  Pan was his pet and pan was a gift from Sirius. Hey! He was getting better at lying. The words came out stiff but the formal tone he was trying to keep to would help that right?   Naiche really just wanted to help bend a few more of her quills backward.

Allies.  Allies.  Allies.  Naiche repeatedly reminded himself of the important word. “I’m assuming you wouldn’t want Pan to fix it either? He should be able to fairly easily with his hands.  But I can certainly see why you might say no to that also.” His eyes flicked to where Pan was and smirked as he found the Pangolin climbing up a tree trunk using those well-clawed hands.  

Letting out a slow sigh, “is there something I can do to help repay for the trouble Pan brought you?  I would like to make it up”  Honestly, he just wanted this over with and didn't want her bringing this up against him in the future. She was probably the sort to remind him of his faults anytime he met her in the future.  He wasn’t allowed to keep up his hotheaded pride so now he would just do whatever to get her off his back.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

09-18-2020, 06:47 PM
He was dry and unsympathetic, Venom was unamused. His priority was his pet and not his Empress. Her squirrel Poison would never ever fall out of a tree but if he did Venom felt sorry for any soul beneath him. It seemed that Naiche didn’t want to allow her that same merit. She didn’t enjoy his tone, and all around she didn’t like him. Venom had bigger problems to be dealing with than babysitting himself and the pangolin. Venom didn’t stop flicking her tail in agitation.

Her quill continued to agitate her skin and agitate her mood with every slice it took out of her. Venom just barely held back more growling. ”No, thank you for the offer though. She didn’t want Naiche or the pangolin to touch her let alone feel what it was like to release one of her quills.

She huffed, releasing a stressed filled breath anong with a fresh breath from her lips. ”I think you’ve caused enough excitement. I’ll let you leave.” Venom told him somberly, flicking her tongue again as she flexed her toes and did her best to look intimidating without being intimidating.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

09-20-2020, 10:00 PM

Naiche nodded at Venom on her letting his leave.  It was the best result he could hope for.  Naiche didn’t plan to go to Ashen anytime soon.  Forever was a long time but certainly not until this little issue wasn’t so fresh in his mind.  Naiche moved to the tree Pan had been climbing. “Come on Pan, let's find you trees you won’t fall out of.”

Pan climbed down and took up a position on Naiche’s back and then climbing up his shoulders and head.  “Thank you empress.”   Keeping his head stretched to offer a small dipped bow of it then turning and trotting back towards the border.  The pool and trees were fascinating but he could go without for a while, like months.

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]