size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022Critical Hit!Beevent1K
09-14-2020, 10:27 PM
Paws carry Meadow to the outskirts of Indigo’s garden. Her paws know this path well and, on any other day, the anticipation of tilling the earth and tending the plants would have the small healer bouncing along. However, today her heart is heavy. There is something she has been meaning to tell Indigo and it can no longer be put off. Stomach twists in knots as she thinks that today is the day that she has to tell him that she is leaving. Tears sting the earthen hued wolf's eyes as she thinks of how he has made her feel so welcomed, so accepted.

Head is low as she passes the gate and enters the garden, the normal mirth and bubbliness absent as she moves slowly. Hopefully Indigo will be working and not pay too much attention to how sad Meadow is. Eyes track the ground she over, not lifting to take in all the flowers and plants that are in bloom right now. Thoughts turn to departure and how this is something she has to do. Hopefully, he will understand. A sigh escapes as she makes her way toward the greenhouse. The warmth of the noonday sun does little to chase away her blues. Paws stop and she finally lifts her eyes from the ground to look around for her friend.

"Meadow"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
09-16-2020, 12:51 PM
Indigo had come back to pack lands alone and tired. He didn’ smell anymore like Aslatiel than he usually did, and their secluded escape would evade detection. But he wouldn’t forget that night ever, and neither would his heart. He’d been quiet the last few days, keeping to himself was no off hand behavior and since no one came to see him they likely wouldn’t have any questions. Now he wasn’t sure what to do. When he came back Indigo have debated about running straight to Rue, if he couldn’t hold Aslatiel he could find his best friend. She always seemed eager to share in a hug when he needed it.

He had to come back and check on his garden though, and he just hadn’t left. The garden was peaceful, and even if his heart hurt at least he had the plants to keep him company. Them and Meadow. Dark ears perked at the sound of approach and the boy lifted himself from the shade of the garden to meet his aunty. Her mood was poorly hidden, and Indy was sure he could feel the sadness on her. Dark ears at his skull he didn’t hesitate to walk up to her and take her up into his massive arms in a bib ear hug. He needed it, and he could tell she did too.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-20-2020, 07:58 PM
Indigo stands from his spot in the shade and makes his way to the small healer. Head tilts up to look at him, sadness plain in her eyes as he approaches. When he engulfs her in hug, Meadow buries her face in his fur. This is tough and even more difficult than she had expected. Tears sting her eyes and threaten to spill into his purple fur but she fights the urge. For the moment, she just enjoys the warmth of the hug and comfort that Indy offers her.

With a deep breath, she sinks a little further into the embrace and turns her head so she can speak without being muffled. She says, “Indy, I have something important to tell you. There are changes coming and I… want you to know how much I love you.” The words are hard for her to say and it is fight just to speak them. With a sigh, Meadow breaks the contact and steps back, offering him a sad smile.

After a moment, she musters up enough courage to say, “Indigo, my sister is starting a new pack and I am going with her.” Heart breaks a little at the thought of walking out of his garden and perhaps never coming back. Holding her head high, trying to appear brave and strong, Meadow feels her knees shaking, her legs wobble and tears fill her eyes. This part hurts but the future is bright and full of possibilities.

"Meadow"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
09-23-2020, 04:05 PM
Indigo was happy to hold her for a long moment, he’d been feeling empty and if anyone could fill the hole it was Meadow. She was so sweet and loving, and warm and soft. He loved to hug her and realized in that moment that he didn’t ddo it often enough. Her voice was soft as she shifted lightly and confessed her reasoning for searching him out. He felt the pit of his stomach drop out but he tried not to show how he felt inwardly. His ears pressed into the thick fur behind them as Meadow pulled away.

And just like that Indy lost Meadow too.

He didn’t allow the panic and sorrow to appear on his features, instead he smiled softly. Resin was a great warrior in the pack, he wouldn’t be totally without her. Still, there wouldn’t be anymore quiet conversations over breakfast in the garden. No more watering together. Indy tried to ignore the crack in his fragile heart.

Indigo reached forward softly to nuzzle her cheek affectionately, ”I’m sure you’ll do so well there.” He as impressed at his ability to deny the tears. He wanted to be supportive and not show how upset he felt. It wasn’t her fault his emotions were so easily swayed. ”I’ll have to visit a lot.” Indy was trying to convince her and himself.

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-23-2020, 05:01 PM
With a soft, gentle smile, Meadow watches Indy’s features. She does not want to hurt him or cause the purple wolf any pain but this is something she has to do. Hopefully he understands and can forgive her. Still, it breaks her heart to tell him. With a nuzzle to her cheek, Indigo tells her she will do well and he will visit her lots. A great pang of sadness resounds through her and the thought of not being able to get up every day and come to the garden to see Indy has her smile dimming. Her eyes glisten with unshed tears.

Suddenly a thought rushes up at her. Lips part and allow it to tumble out, “Come with me Indy. We could build a new garden and I could transplant some trees for you. We could make a pond and raise fish and… and…” Gaze travels up to his eyes and the words halt their fervent flow. Looking up at his sweet, kind face, Meadow’s eyes soften with kindness as her stomach drops. How could she think to impose that choice on him? How can she think to make this gentle soul choose between her and his family? It is very rude of her.

Soft smile reappears and the tears that had been shimmering in her eyes finally break their dam and spill down her cheeks. She says, “I am so sorry Indy. I don’t mean to make you choose. It was just an idea and I allowed it to get the better of me. I promise I will visit you often and bring you any flowers and herbs I find. Just… promise me one thing? Don’t forget me, okay?” Sorrow tugs at her but she puts on a brave face despite the tears that leak from her eyes. Softly she says, “I love you Indy.” and moves forward to once more be embraced by the big wolf. Oh how much this hurts.

"Meadow"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
09-23-2020, 06:47 PM
Indy felt her sadness as much as his own and bit back his tears as he watched her smile fall. They were family, meant to be close to one another. When she spoke he was stunned slightly that the option was available to him. His jaw dropped slightly as he looked away from her. Almost ashamed his knee jerk reaction was to rush after her. What about his family though? They were blood, but Meadow practically lived in the garden with him. This seemed so different.

His thoughts were interrupted by her continued thought as she apologized for putting the idea into his head. Timidly he looked back to his garden mate and tried to smile again. ”Maybe someday.” He vowed softly, wondering if he could leave his sister, leave his garden, or his greenhouse. He looked down at his paws for a long moment as she spoke, and returned his bright blue eyes to hers shyly.

”I’ll never forget you.” Indigo promised her as she closed the distance between them once more and embraced him fully. She was so tiny compated to him, but that was why he loved her. He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tightly to his chest. ”I love you, too.” He promised though his heart broke.

Meadow

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-27-2020, 10:17 PM
The words had left her mouth without a thought and she quickly tried to take them back. Meadow did not expect his reply, that maybe someday Indigo would follow her. Eyes widen with surprise and hope sparks inside her. Something tells her that she should not hope, that it is wrong to ask him to leave his family but it does not douse the flame that has been lit. A smile worms its way onto her face for a brief moment before it falls away to be replaced by tears.

Asking him not to forget her is Meadow’s insecurity breaking through, rearing its ugly head to make itself known. His words make it retreat, the knowledge that, no matter what happens, Indy will never forget her, has her heart soaring. As she steps forward to hug him, trying to lose herself in his form, his kiss lands on her forehead and he embraces her. For a long time, she just holds onto him, forgetting all her worries. The tears finally dry as she holds onto him and is held by him.

When the time comes to break the contact, Meadow moves back to look up at him. A soft smile appears and she says, “I promise I will visit you often and bring you lots of presents. I should go finish packing now but Indy, I need you to know something. I am not leaving because I don’t love you. I am leaving because my sister needs me. You are always in my heart and I will be by to visit. Cross my heart and hope to cry.” Sitting back, she takes one paw and crosses her heart. She has sealed the promise now and cannot break it.

Darting in one more time for a final hug, Meadow aims a kiss at his big paw before retreating to finish her packing. She looks behind her often as she leaves the garden, sometimes even stopping to wave. The smile she wears only drops when Indy’s form disappears from sight and her shoulders slump. Her heart is breaking and the pain will last a long time but at least, Indigo knows that she will be back. Head lifts as the small wolf vows to herself that she will be back soon.

-exit Meadow-

"Meadow"

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
10-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Indigo was content so stay there with her in his embrace and forget that she was going to follow after grandma Resin in her pack. He really did consider his potential place with them there. He didn’t know what his father and mother would say. Would he have to explain himself fully? He didn’t want to tell them how much it hurt being separate from Aslatiel. She was the other half of him, and he didn’t feel like he was a complete wolf anymore.

Eventually Meadow pulled away, the end to their time in this garden together. He looked down at her adoringly, saddened greatly to say goodbye. Everything was always changing, hopefully they’d find each other again soon. He smiled at her as she vowed herself and he instinctively crossed his heart with her. ”I know, Meadow. I love you too.” He returned softly as she hugged him quickly one last time.

Then she was off. He watched her go the whole way. He waved one last time before she was gone, and then the light seemed to fade ever so slightly. Indy slumped his shoulders he sighed softly before lowering himself to the garden floor finding tears slipping from his saddened eyes.