An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
09-18-2020, 08:39 AM

Hanako had gotten into the habit of knowing things, of having her companions act as her eyes and ears even when she was just lounging around on the beach. By no means did she think her fellow pack mates were up to no good, it was simply a means of getting her friends to earn their keep. As opposed to sitting around inhaling fish, as she knew Toshi so often tended to do. Besides, Ruri didn't seem to mind at all and as a plain old magpie no one tended to pay her any mind or even notice her half of the time. As such, Hanako wasn't at all surprised when Ruri swooped on down to croak a report into her ears. The Wraith nodded, intrigued by this dark stranger that was being described and took a moment to mull it all over. She doubted he was a trespasser since he would have no doubt been confronted by Sirius by now, so then who? She pursed her lips as she pushed herself up onto her paws, abandoning her sunbathing spot as she shook the sand off her fur. There was no time like the present, right?

With a bounce in her step she followed Ruri as she lead the way, heading deeper into the centre of the territory to where the magpie had last seen the mystery man.

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutSilver Medal 20201K
09-18-2020, 08:51 AM

Being back home was great, honestly. He'd forgotten how difficult it was to hunt on one's own when needing more that just a small rabbit for every meal. He'd lost a considerable amount of weight by spending his days on the move and eating small meals, but it wasn't something he wasn't used too, it was just something that slipped his mind when he accepted the mission to look for the missing reaper and her homeland. Now that he was back, some months later, he was spending his time around the Armada and trying to get some of his strength back through larger meals and rigorous training. If he were correct, they'd be looking for a new reaper soon and with the news of Resin, Tamsyn and a few others leaving to join the ranks of Resin's new pack, there would be a lot of open positions he fancied himself interested in. He had to get his strength back up to par if he wanted to sit in a new rank, simple as that.

After his morning border patrols and light training exercises, it was time for a good meal. Instead of finding someone to go hunting with, which he was sure Aslatiel at least would take him up on the offer, he figured he'd take something from the food cache and replace it later. Though as his stomach growled with an impatient hunger, he decided to enjoy the view of the fire and obelisk as he ate and settled down nearby to enjoy his meal. He was about midway through it when a vaguely familiar girl approached. He didn't believe she was around long before he had left on his mission, but how could one forget one so splashed with colors? He didn't think she was coming to him or anything though, simply just moving through the territory, so he continued his meal with little thought on the matter.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020

Magnus has a silver horseshoe septum ring, poorly cropped (long) ears, and bright blue crystal goat horns that may not always appear in his art
Commission ShopPlot with me!

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
09-18-2020, 11:52 AM

Oh there was no escape for him now. Once Hanako caught sight of the stranger in the communal space she flounced on over, her tail already wagging well before he caught sight of her. Compared to some of the other warriors in the Armada's ranks he wasn't the largest or imposing, but even then he was a little taller than her, broader with strong set shoulders. A manly man, as it were. Slowing to a walk, Hanako let out a soft "boof" in greeting just to make sure she'd well and truly gotten his attention. He looked a little busy but Hanako didn't intend to take up too much of his time, then again most of the wolves she'd met in the pack were always working away at something. She'd respect their work ethic except that more often then not it made her look bad, close to lazy even. But whatever, Sirius knew her worth and that was enough for now, probably.

"Heya, I haven't seen you around." She said, stating the obvious as she eyed his choice in food. She'd eaten from the store once before but never again, it'd been barely edible to her refined palate. "I'm Hanako, I work as the pack's diplomat." And then she found herself making yet another face as he ate that stringy excuse for meat. She just couldn't help herself. "You fancy going fishing with me? Whatever we catch will taste a lot better then that does."

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

09-18-2020, 12:23 PM

He hadn't assumed the girl would be coming for him, though he had seen that bird flying around and spying on him a bit earlier. Having thought nothing of it at the time, he made a mental note to watch out for that bird again and know that this interesting wolf would be around. When the girl made a sound to catch his attention, his head lifted from his meal and turned towards her while he chewed. He remembered seeing her around for sure, but had never caught her name before he'd left for his mission. She didn't look much like a fighter, so he wondered what she was doing here anyway. She was young and pretty, likely more of a suitable member for Ashen than the Armada, but he hardly cared really. Maybe she was good at what she did, whatever it was.

"I've been around a while, but recently returned from a long mission. I'm Magnus." He offered a small smile in exchange, certain he'd remember her pelt much more than her name. It was as unique as her, but likely difficult for him to remember. His questions were answered when she introduced herself as the diplomat. No wonder she didn't have much of a fighters body, though he wondered what kind of training she did have. Such an integral role with other packs, one had to be prepared to defend themselves. He was lost in his own thoughts for a minute until she mentioned fishing and how it would taste better than the smoked hoofed mammal he was currently dining on. He doubted it, but he was terrible at fishing and could use the practice if she'd be willing to teach him a thing or two.

"I'm pretty bad at fishing actually; think you could show me a thing or two?" He asked out of curiosity, finishing up the small meal he'd gotten and standing, eager to get on their way if she was good with it.

"Speech!"

Magnus has a silver horseshoe septum ring, poorly cropped (long) ears, and bright blue crystal goat horns that may not always appear in his art

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-20-2020, 06:50 PM

Ahh that made sense, but she couldn't help but wonder about his oh so mysterious mission. Sirius hadn't told her about it but then again she supposed she had no right to assume he would, all the information she'd been given was on a need to know basis and maybe in this instance she didn't need to know. Not a big deal but a little frustrating nonetheless. At his admission her smile got all smug as her tail waved in a high banner behind her. There was a thing or two she could teach him and he seemed like a willing enough student, even with their age gap. It hadn't really been an issue so far in the Armada but she'd had a few encounters where she'd been dismissed simply because of her age, written off as young and dumb before she'd even been given a chance to prove herself. It was true that she was young and...maybe made youthful mistakes but she had a lot of room to grow! And everyone started from somewhere, right?

"Oh yeah." She wasn't exactly sure where the sense of bravado came from, it wasn't a look she usually went for. But it felt right, at least when it came to fishing. "By the time I'm done you'll be at least semi-competent. That's better than nothing, right?" She said with an earnest laugh, her eyes squeezing at the corners.

Trotting off she waved her tail in a gesture for him to follow and the pair soon arrived at the beach. The sand was warm and soft beneath her pink paw pads as she found herself wiggling her toes, leaving little divots in her wake. The warriors mostly used the beach parts of the territory for fight training and Hanako thought it was a real shame, they were too busy focusing on furthering themselves to notice the beauty all around them.She let out a content sigh as she breathed in the salty brine of the ocean then turned to Magnus once more.

"Can you swim?"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

09-26-2020, 11:15 AM

He laughed a bit at her words and eagerly followed. "Can't get any worse." Well maybe he could. He hadn't fallen in the water yet in any attempt at catching a fish but it wasn't too late for that. Though now he'd probably cursed himself and that would be exactly what happened. Hopefully not, especially in front of a young girl. Talk about embarrassing, right? Hopefully luck would be on his side today and he wouldn't make a fool of himself, but that's always when it seemed to happen. Maybe he would have some good karma today since he spent so long on his mission; he could only hope.

She asked a question, something others had never bothered to ask him. It'd been some time since he'd gone swimming, but it wasn't something he wasn't trained in. At least he had something on his side today. "I can, but I'm no fish." He laughed again, hoping that what swimming he could do would be good enough to help him out instead of hinder him. The last thing he needed to do was walk away from this worse than he started.

"Speech!"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

09-27-2020, 04:40 PM
should we use a random number generator to see how many they both catch? the most is the winner?

Hanako let out a giggle as she imagined Magnus with a pair of fins, it was a look anyone would struggle to pull off but the fact that he was such a man made it all the more amusing to her. She stepped out into the waves, beckoning for him to follow with a gentle swish of her tail. It had taken her quite some time to perfect her favourite technique- with the help of Mortis- but now that she'd got it nailed it came as naturally to her as walking or running. Maybe even more than that. Up to her shins Hanako turned to Magnus once again, as though she'd just remembered why she'd come out here in the first place.

"Right. So. Most wolves I've seen tend to just stand in the shallows and grab a fish they see coming. But I on the other paw prefer to swim out and catch them that way." A larger wave rolled in and Hanako had to tip her head up to avoid getting splashed in the eyes but she continued on as though she hadn't noticed. "I caught an octopus all by myself the other day, you know?" A lie since Mortis had been key to her success but that was neither here nor there. "So the general method is to just swim around, see what you can see and catch it if you can.... Hm."

It then dawned on her that there wasn't really much she could teach him, to be honest, since her method seemed to mostly rely on blind luck. Maybe quick reflexes? As a fighter he should probably already have those traits so this shouldn't be too hard for him, right?

"But I for one have always enjoyed a bit of friendly competition, how about we see who can catch the most fish by... the time that shadow passes that tree? "She then turned a little, pointing to a tree in the not so far distance.

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

09-27-2020, 06:12 PM
works for me!!

As she described the way she fished versus the way others did, he wondered if maybe that had something to do with why he was so terrible at it. Maybe getting in an actually hunting the fish would work better for him than the timing of trying to snatch it out of the water from an awkward angle. Magnus was willing to give anything a try at least once, so he was more than eager to try her method of fishing. While fish wasn't his favorite meal, he knew others enjoyed the food and would be happy using the skill to feed the others in the pack and leave Aslatiel to handing most of the regular hunting, since she seemed to like it so much anyway.

"Wow, I don't think I've ever seen an octopus before," He laughed a bit awkwardly, not having a clue what the hell an octopus was. Clearly something that lived in the water, but definitely not something he had the slightest bit of knowledge on. He gave a simple nod and finally joined her out in the water as she mentioned a bit of friendly competition. If you wanted Magnus to do anything, it was definitely best to make a bit of a competition out of it. With a smirk, his tail wagged eagerly. "Oh, you're on!" He knew he had little chance of winning against an experienced fisher, but maybe he had a chance.

"Speech!"