Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
10-08-2020, 12:18 AM

To say Recluse was annoyed by her cousin's offer of help, or rather lack of it had her annoyed would be an understatement, but that was even more so true for the fact her cousin had let their half-sister be taken by one of the warlord's welps. It was for these reasons that she intruded into Armada territory for the first, and probably last time. She had the boy's name, that was all she needed.

The albino woman trotted until she found a place that suited her just fine, then tipped her head back and called for the young man named Mortis. Maybe it was a bit persumptious but she wasn't exactly in a good mood, though she knew she had to be careful, she knew that no one here would take kindly to her making demands, after all she wasn't the empress... yet.

speech think action

[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
10-08-2020, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2020, 12:40 AM by Mortis.)

Mortis was still trying to find a way to make the waterfall work he had tried different methods of getting water to rise up above the den, in order to fall down over it once more, but thus far nothing had worked as planned. His latest attempt had exploded, throwing cool water across his body. He shook out his coat, fur standing on end, and feathers damp and askew. He shook himself out, looking at the den with lowered tilt of his head and a mix of emotions on his maw.

He was almost grateful for the caller, through hearing his name spoken by a stranger was a weird experience, but he was a social wolf. With damp fur and a smile gracing his lips, he shook himself out once more and headed off. Holding his wings lightly at his side, the boy made his way to the stranger. He understood why they were in Armada territory once he got a sniff of her Ashen scent. But that still didn’t tell him why she sought him. “Hi, I’m Mortis, something I can help you with?” he said as he came to a stop before her. His tail giving a gentle, friendly wag behind him.

"Mortis""Siren"

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
10-08-2020, 12:48 AM

Well wasn't this a surprise? She had known the boy was one of the warlord's children but she'd hardly taken the time to really look at any of them when she'd been around them, which wasn't often but this one had... wings, full-blown feathered wings. It admittedly caught her off guard, and for the first time in a long time, a genuine emotion was displayed across her face, eyes wide and mouth parted slightly as her brain fought to make sense of the winged wolf in front of her. Finally, she managed to shake herself out of her stupor. The boy introduced himself and some part of her wondered if Venom had known what she was doing, she'd given away her own sister to a child, in more ways than one.

Still Recluse would stand on decorum, dipping her head in a respectful greeting, here the boy was the child of the pack's leader, even if he did server her own family. "Greetings." She responded, noting his friendly tail wag and returning a smile, though it wasn't as genuine it wouldn't hurt to play friendly for him. "I am Recluse Ithuriel-Klein, I was hoping to speak with you as I have been informed my younger sister, half-sister, is in your care." Might as well lead with that, there would be time for the whole sales pitch later, though she couldn't help her curiosity. "I apologize, I've been away for some time dealing with personal business, so would you mind telling me how it is she came to be under your wing? Pardon the pun." This time the smile was a bit more genuine.

speech think action

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-08-2020, 12:57 AM

The woman smiled back at him, and Mortis took a seat in front of her. He still didn’t know what this was about, but he was the kind of wolf that if he had been summoned just to say ‘hello’ he would have happily gone along with it. The winged Direwolf absentmindedly dug one set of cat-like claws into the earth as he kept his easy-going attention fixed on Recluse.

He wiggled a wing a little at her joke, but then the full impact of who she was asking after hit him “You mean Siren?” well, with that his wings did droop a little, and his smile slid, just a tad. “I… I don’t know for sure what happened, but someone was abusing her. Mentally, physically, she’s a mess, and she’s in so much mental pain. I think it was Chimera, I think he was torturing her.”

He had heard by now about Sirius confronting Venom about Chimera - but that had been about something different, not about Siren. His father had paid little mind to her, leaving her well being in the boy’s hand. He was doing his best, trying to care for and help her. But man, he was out of his depths. Which would have been fine, he would grit his teeth and persevere, but Siren deserved better then his best. If this was someone who cared about her wellbeing, then he didn’t mind being honest with her. “I took her here to get her away from him. To protect her. But it’s not enough Recluse, I don’t know how to help her.”

"Mortis""Siren"

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Bisexual
10-11-2020, 08:09 PM

Despite herself, Recluse actually giggled, a real girlish laugh, as Mortis wiggled his wing at her. How long had it been since she'd done that? But it wouldn't last long, the boy would begin to describe what had happened to for him to find Siren in his care. She felt anger flare in her, she would have to see what her brother had to say for himself if she ever found him. But for now, she'd focus on the situation in front of her.

"I'll not mince words Mortis. I am coming into my own power soon and was hoping I could try and help her flourish in my own pack. I cannot promise I'd know how to help but out of her older siblings, I am the only one who had to learn to deal with abandonment from one or both parents. I know the particular pain of losing our father at her age." She was a princess, the true-blooded heir to the empire in her eyes, even if she knew that was an unpopular opinion, and some part of her hoped she could help to mold the girl into a valuable asset to her own bid for power.

"I would not wish to take her support structure from her, however, as such if you'd have it I would also extend you an invitation as well. I agree that keeping her far away from her brother would be best, but I have no doubt uprooting her so thoroughly again would only make things worse. However, I also believe she may need someone who has at the very least been through some of what she has been through."

speech think action

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

10-11-2020, 08:30 PM
Her laughter instantly made her seem less severe, and actually rather sweet. However, as much as he would like to indulge the impulse to tease more laughter from her, the severity of what they spoke on wasnt lost to him. Siren was a matter that had caused him a great deal of worry these last few days. He just didn't know how he could help her. So far, it felt like nothing he had done had made any real difference in her suffering. For that he felt a true sense of regret and selfdoubt.

The idea of passing the burden on to someone else was so good. So much so that he instantly felt a eave of guilt. Siren wasn't a burden, she was a friend, and one he owed his absolute best to.

At the mentioned of an invitation to him as well, his thoughts stutted to a halt. A part of him desperately wanted to get out from his fathers shadow. Away from the heir challenge, and the stress of being in a family where he felt few of those that shared blood with him truly loved and wanted him. He had considered going to Resin and her pack, the idea had been sitting in his brain for a while. But would Reain take him in if Sirius forbide it?

Forget about him for a moment, he had to concentrate on Siren. "What you say has... merit, but she's not property to barter. Going with you has to be her decision, not mine." He made no mention of the other offer, afraid she would hear how badly he wanted it.

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Bisexual
10-26-2020, 11:53 AM

Whatever her original conception of the boy that had taken in her half sister she had to admit her respect for him was rising. Her opinion of her cousin not withstanding she at least believed Mortis wanted to do right by her sister. She felt even stronger in her choice to invite him to join her, someone loyal like him would likely be an asset for her upcoming empire. She nodded at his comment on the girl's autonomy.

"Of course, I'd be remiss to take her right to chose away." She said, there was sincerity in her tone, the young man having somehow managed to take her entitlement off completely. "At this point you know her best and so I'll ask you're input on how to proceed to that end. If you feel she may be amenable to meeting and discussing this now then I ask we call her, if you feel she may need to be primed for the discussion I am content enough to leave, and trust you to let me know when you feel she may be ready."

speech think action

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

11-06-2020, 10:10 PM
He blushed a little, knowing he had done exactly that to Siren - but someone had been abusing her. Hurting her, mentally and physically. If he hadn’t gotten her away, what would have become of her? Would he have woken up one day to a howl telling him she was dead? The mere thought hurt. He couldn’t do nothing so he had asked Venom’s permission, and taken the girl away from the world she knew. She was yet to forgive him, and honestly… he didn’t know if she ever would. If she didn’t want to go through another change, he wouldn’t make her. But he hoped… he hoped she might thrive better with her sister.

“Let's talk to her together” he decided, he would back Siren up, whatever she decided. He raised his head, and called out for the young broken girl. Hoping she would show.

Siren

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6

The Ooze Participant
11-25-2020, 12:49 PM
Mortis didn’t often call for her, and for a long moment she debated about ignoring him. What right did he have to try and tell her what to do anyway? He should come to her if he was so desperate for her attention. The tiny girl grumped lightly but with a huff pushed herself to her dainty paws. The tiny girl paused for a moment, hesitating again before emerging from the den.

Siren didn’t rush. Party to stick it to Mort, partly for her own sake. Leaves, branches, nature in general, liked to cling to her long fur as she moved through the territory. She was going to need to devise a way to keep her unusually long locks contained, or else. Even with her best effort by the time she appeared before the massive winged boy and her half sister (and cousin) she looked like a wreck.

Narrowing her sharp gaze Siren muttered, ”What?”