size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
10-09-2020, 09:23 AM

She led her companion into the gorge since the lands north of them were a bit harder to reach through the coast line. They eventually met close to the gorge and besides, getting out of the sun would do best for them at this time of day. She led quickly into the drop and caverns of the land, listening as the ceiling spikes dripped and flowed to the floor. She hadn't really examined the walls and floors of the cave well, she was only passing through after all and she was falling quite interested in the amount of moister and water fall that was happening inside the darker caverns. It reminded her some of where they had rested the night before but still it was so different. "I figured we could use a break from the sun." She stopped to turn toward Tamsyn, giving her a light smile. "By the time we get through, hopefully it will be cool enough to get through some other lands."

Walk "Talk" Think

Aranea has a british accent. Threads can produce a Depression Trigger.

(Ar-en-ay-ah Har-per Lah-or-ee)

Scent: Lavender
Alignment: Neutral Good
Season: Summer
Height: 26 inches
Home: Somnium - Dead

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Double MasterCritical Hit!WordyPride - Bisexual1KBeevent
Bronze Medal 2020
10-09-2020, 10:31 AM

Tamsyn followed Aranea willingly down into the cave system that brought them into cool darkness and her mint gaze started curiously tracing the walls of the cave as her vision adjusted to the change in light. There seemed to be stalagmites and stalactites everywhere and if she peered down into he darkness in the dips around their path she was pretty sure she could see and hear pools and steams of water around them. It was hard to tell, but this land seemed greatly eroded and shaped by the water and by time itself. It made her wonder how this spot looked ages ago before any of them were even thought of - maybe before even generations before them were even thought of. She looked back to Aranea when her traveling companion when she explained her reasoning for coming here and Tamsyn nodded in agreement. "That's a good idea. I'm glad this cave isn't as dark as the last one we saw," she replied with a soft chuckle. It was obvious this place had more spots for sunlight to get in and openings to the outside world where the last one did not.

She walked along side the lightly colored wolf as they casually made their way through the gorge, not really in any huge hurry, but moving at a steady pace none of the less. She mostly let Aranea lead the way, but she kept her eyes on their path just to make sure the twisting, turning path didn't change drastically out of no where. "How do you like your pack?" she asked to make conversation. They had been traveling together for a solid day at this point - she figured that getting to know Aranea a little better was probably a good idea.

"Talk"

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
10-09-2020, 12:59 PM

It was strange to wonder how the caverns here were made, built by an underground river perhaps and maybe that meant that the west wasn't always a desert wasteland. Occasionally Aranea's paw pads felt a dampness in the stone beneath her, just a tiny puddle if anything but no big amount of water enough to take a drink from. She eyed the multiple stalactites above her, careful not to run under one too large that could poke her from above. Her eyes were still adjusting the the caves as they went in and out of sunlight but she was never careless enough to scratch herself up.

Tamsyn would ask her about Lirim, and Aranea truly didn't know how to respond. She only joined Lirim to try and amend her relationship with Torin but felt she wasn't the best at that anyway. She kept away from the rest of the pack for the most part and even Torin for that matter. She didn't want to be a loner but she felt out of place in Lirim. Maybe as she did in Dauntless. But they weren't the same. Aranea seemed to feel like she never fit in anywhere throughout her life and when she thought long and hard about it, she didn't believe it was only her depression holding her back. "Oh, I uh-" She had to think for a moment, her uneasiness not hard to miss. "It's fine, I haven't been there that long." She wasn't opposed to answering any questions Tamsyn had but couldn't even tell her basic stuff like culture or history. She made it her job to keep the dens stocked with herbs and didn't ask or really care about the logistics of the pack itself.

They came across a shallow stream and she would go ahead to try and lap some water up from it. Her tongue sticking to the stone and it wasn't enough to get rid of thirst only because it wasn't so easy to drink from. She wondered if this specific flow of water was ever wider or fuller, or if it stayed the same covering only the surface in a thin line. "And um, you?" She asked Tamsyn about her pack just out of courtesy of keeping conversation before moving on.

Walk "Talk" Think

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
10-11-2020, 11:36 AM

As they walked and wandered through the cave system, Tamsyn peeked through any gaps and openings that let in light from the outside world. It made her wonder if anyone had accidentally fallen through those holes at some point. Even though there was a fairly easy to follow path that they were currently walking down, there was many places where it dipped down into darkness with points of rock scattered here there and everywhere. She couldn't imagine that it would have ended well for anyone that might have fallen in like that. She gave a little shake of her head to clear the dark thought and instead focused her attention back on Aranea as she gave a short answer to her question about her pack. It made her curious, but she didn't press the matter. She knew it could be difficult to get a read on a pack if she really was new to their ranks, though she wondered if that was really the case or if she just didn't want to discuss it. Either way, she was happy to move on from the topic as Aranea questioned her about her own pack.

"Ah, well, I just very recently helped my lover start her own pack so I'm probably a little biased when I say that I'm enjoying it very much," she replied with a laugh. "Everything is falling into place very nicely so far. Resin is really the brains and brawn behind the whole thing so I can't take too much credit for it, but I'm still proud of the whole thing none of the less!" She didn't want to gush about The Hallows too much, but she was still a bit too excited about the newness of it all to not at least express how excited she was. They were still getting settled into everything and there was a lot of work left to do, but she was happy that she had made the choice to leave the Armada in favor of following Resin.

"Talk"

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
10-13-2020, 11:04 AM

Aranea wasn't necessarily surprised that Tamsyn was with another woman, she didn't have anything against it but it seemed those kinds of relationships were scarce at least in the wolves that Aranea had met. She'd listen to the little that she spoke of her pack, but wouldn't bother pushing her to say anymore. Aranea knew some pack matters were better kept inside, just as she felt like it was a good idea to keep Tamsyn out of Lirim for the time being.

Her paws moved forward and they would come to one of the skylights in the tunnels. She'd noticed out of the cracks of the stone, some Salvia was blooming from inside. She'd only poke the leaf with her nose to double check what plant it was, but wouldn't pause to examine it further. She was realizing how hard it was to find useful herbs at least around Lirim, the desert side that was. And it would be good to make sure they were stocked well inside the pack rather than needing and emergency herb across the continent.

They were nearing the end of the caverns and she came to a gentle halt to look at Tamsyn, "We should probably look for a small water source before leaving. I'm not sure if we will find any on the other side." She'd start off their tracks and try to sense and listen to any better rushing water inside, eventually coming to a decent stream of water with the help of her companion. She'd try to get her fill and make sure Tamsyn got hers before turning back towards the exit and back out into the desert.

-Exit Aranea-

Walk "Talk" Think

Tamsyn

The Hallows
Scout

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (275)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

Bronze Medal 2020
10-13-2020, 08:00 PM
Walk | "Talk" | think

Tamsyn enjoyed talking about her new pack, but certainly didn't mind when Aranea let she subject drop. She wasn't sure what the woman's history was and there was clearly some sort of discomfort around the topic of packs in general so she didn't want to press the issue. Her own history with being in a pack had certainly made her not want to consider being in one herself when she first came to Boreas and had made her fairly distrustful of them until she met Zee and found her way to the Armada. Now she knew that things could be different with the right wolves at the lead. Now she just had to trust that she and Resin were really the right wolves to lead this pack of hope and healing.

When Aranea paused Tamsyn did as well and turned her attention to the blue eyed healer. "Hmm, that's a good point," she agreed followed along in the search to find a source of water to partake in before they made their way back out into the open. Together they found a stream pretty quickly and she dipped her head to take a nice long drink. After all the walking they had done so far it was really refreshing and just want she needed to keep going on their journey. Once she was done she headed out of the gorge with Aranea and back out into the full daylight to continue their exploring.

-exit-