size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
10-24-2020, 01:02 AM

Naiche had a clear objective in mind, and one he would want another wolf to share with him.  This wasn’t normally his sort of thing to do, as he generally aimed for smaller game and fast kills.  Naiche had wanted to learn to hunt larger but not at the price it had cost.  More so, he never wanted to kill the game slowly or keep it as a prize before but in this case, he would do just that for Asla.  She deserved a price after what she had done and Naiche was ready to do whatever he could to at least make peace with himself even if Asla held nothing against him.

How many other wolves would actually desire for a slow painful kill? Plenty would want vengeance but would many go for a slow kill?  Naiche could think of one wolf he was fairly certain would want to do so.  Many were likely angry enough but there was one Naiche imagined had experience.  Back when he had first met Azure he had made some suggested comment of hurting things for reasons other than food.  Naiche howled for Azure, a request for his presence and assistance.  Naiche didn’t mention for what in the call and only hoped the wolf would respond. Too many wolves would make the kill less meaningful and less personal.

Speech:"Live to fight" Think

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
11-01-2020, 12:32 AM

Az heard the call, and while he'd rather ignore the request of the yellow furred man he knew his father would be disappointed. It was time for him to grow up - or at least learn to fake it - so that when the time came where heir was selected, that Az would win it and Mortis would not. A proper heir would not shrug off the call of a packmate, and so Azure picked up his pace and veered off towards Naiche with enough speed that it appeared at least he was taking the man's request seriously.

He slowed as he grew near, his deeply ingrained response of protection bringing his eyes to drag along the tall grass carefully. No one here, there was no danger. So what the fuck did the guy want from him? "A rematch already?" He quipped, giving off his best 'everything-is-beneath-me' and uninterested vibe.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

11-01-2020, 12:44 AM

Naiche waited impatiently for the future potential heri to arrive.  Sure, the guy had higher status but Naiche was impatient and he was pretty sure Azure would see reason for impatience when Naiche explained what was wanted.  So, Azure coming at a good pace still seemed forever to Naiche but he didn’t let it show, carefully keeping a more formally polite air about him.

“No.” The rematch notion cast aside quickly, “You heard about Asla? Her injury? I thought you would enjoy helping me kill the boar that did it to her.  She asked I bring someone with experience hunting.” A moments pause, “of course if I’m wrong, apologies and I can call for someone else to help?” Of course next on his list would be Sirius but the warlord had newborns and while Naiche was sure he would gladly seek out revenge for his child, it seemed better to let Az help him.  

If he was lucky maybe hunting together would help Azure be willing to tolerate him more.  “I’m fine at fighting predators and such, but I lack a lot of experience in working in a group against prey.” Look! Naiche could admit to areas he lacked talent.  Bears? Sure.  Lions? You bet.  Funny how it was prey animals that were harder.  Naiche doubted a blind boar could be much trouble though, however help would be good and Asla had even requested he not go alone.
[/b][/color]

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
11-03-2020, 09:10 PM

Az's relaxed expression dropped off as Naiche mentioned Asla, a grimace forming as he turned his head away from the yellow man. "I heard." He said shortly, trying to restrain from immediately placing the blame upon Nai. Asla liked the man (and Azure was still attempting to be political) so he'd hold his hatred back, while in reality he'd be more willing to maim the packmate that let her be injured rather then hunt down the boar in question. "Alright."

His teeth worked against his lips and he looked out across the plains, nostrils flaring. "How long are we allowing it to live?" Az asked bluntly before glancing back towards the man. It was a given, if Az was involved the creature would be tortured. Beheaded, gutted, boiled alive, burned alive, drowned, whatever would bring the most suffering. If Naiche expected otherwise he was very wrong, but just in case he tipped his head to the side expectantly and clarified for the man. "I assume you didn't call me for my hunting experience."

"Speech"

[/color]

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

11-15-2020, 11:35 AM

Naiche still felt enough guilt over what had happened to Asla even if she didn’t blame him and even if her reasons to not blame him logically made sense.  Somehow, despite her logic and reassurances he should have known and not let it happen.  He should have done something different.  Anger and revenge seemed the best way to try and avoid confronting guilt.  

Naiche shook his head in a small negative at Az’s last question, “I had an idea you wouldn’t be interested in a fast kill.  I had planned to help keep it slow.  It’s not my style but for what it did I agree it deserves to suffer.  If nothing else we know it had to spend this time surviving blind and so likely injuring itself, stressed, and having a hard time eating.  Still, I was ready to add to it,” some hesitation for a few seconds at internal war, “But Asta told me I shouldn’t make it suffer, she doesn’t want me to change my nature.” Naiche made a point of emphasizing it was specific to his not torturing it and the reason, “Following her wishes I can’t torture it then, I can help find it and make sure it goes down nor escape if someone else happened to be torturing it.” In truth he was grateful that Asla didn't want him to change who he was.  It just wasn't helpful at this moment, but the moments that could get past the jabs to sincerity could be nice fleeting moments.

It was the closest he could come to getting the revenge fully himself.  “I can’t not be part of the revenge, but limits are placed on me.  She wants its head on a spike near her den.” It was both a relief he didn’t need to be the one torturing it and frustration he couldn’t do this for her.  So, a meeting in the middle.  Az wouldn’t need the help most likely but hopefully, he could at least go along with it and not mock Naiche not being in on the main part of the suffering.  If nothing else Naiche kept his tone humbler, at least more than normal, it was mixed with some frustration over his situation as well.  Naiche was trying to be a tad more polite with Az, as much as lately, it wasn’t in his nature.  

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-03-2020, 04:31 PM

Az listened quietly as Naiche explained the situation, spending all of his focus on keeping the hatred from his eyes. While realistically he knew he shouldn't blame Naiche for what had happened, he couldn't help but feel that if anyone else was there that Asla would have been okay. "You're right, it isn't your nature." He agreed after a moment of pause. If Asla wanted it's head upon a spike outside her den, that was fine. However, she had no say on how a wolf got his frustration out on a creature that hurt someone he loved.

Azure sighed heavily, biting down upon his lip before curling them back into a grimace. "She doesn't have to know if you break her limits, you know." He offered cautiously. "Tell her it was me, she'd believe it. Though once this is all over it will be too late to change your mind, and if I were you, I'd be upset at myself for not having a bigger part of it." He directed his sharp gaze into Naiche's, treading carefully but giving the man the option. A wolf didn't need to be bloodthirsty or sadistic to cross the line once in his life. Az assumed that even his mother - a wolf who also did not have torture in her nature - would mutilate the beast who harmed her daughter. He lifted his head to the air and inhaled, trying to catch the stale scent and starting forward, assuming Naiche would keep pace with him and alert him if he caught the trail.

"Speech"

[/color]