size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Critical Fail!Double Master
10-25-2020, 02:30 PM

Lynvarr slipped into the shelter of the woods, casting one more glance at the sky where the clouds were hanging in the north, dark and low. They had yet to block out the sun which illuminated the trees in its golden glow. Lynvarr hopped onto the lowest branch of a nearby tree. The trees here grew and twisted in unusual fashion and he wondered if it had anything to do with the soil or wind here in the north. They had numerous branches many of them low enough that should he wish to he could climb high up into the trees. The forest seemed thick, partly due to the way the branches grew. Lynvarr paused and scratched a trail marker into one of the near by trees. He could see getting lost in here fairly easily, especially as it was hard to see the sky in order to navigate. At least with the sun working its way down there was some vague idea where its light was coming from.

Shilah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-25-2020, 02:31 PM

Shilah breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of the forest. Now this was more his speed when it came to terrain. As they entered the forest, Shilah paused to unfurl his map. Taking his charcoal stick he scrapped in a few twisty trees to remember this area by. Wrapping his map up he wandered into the forest and quickly found himself tempted to climb. He leapt onto the low branches of a nearby tree, tail waving to keep his balance as he took in the surrounding terrain. There were a number of birds and squirrels chattering away, taking advantage of the lushness of summer. He was grateful for the sight of sunlight, hoping that meant fairer weather as it was hard to see what was going on with the clouds. Shilah leapt down from his perch and followed after Lynvarr, occasionally leaping onto and off of low hanging branches now that his energy was starting to return to him.

Lynvarr

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

10-25-2020, 03:54 PM

Lynvarr chuckled at the other man's sudden burst of energy. "It is a pretty cool forest." He leapt onto one of the lower branches then onto another til he'd climbed up to the middle of a tree. He stretched out on a large branch for a moment with his legs dangling down. "I'd love to spend more time climbing but we do need to keep moving." He could feel the air around them getting colder and he couldn't help but wonder if it might snow. Maybe not here in the woods but in the mountains it was certainly a possibility. He hopped down from his perch, landing on one of the lower branches before leaping to the ground. Turning back to the tree he stretched up it and scratched in another trail marker. "I'll make sure we don't get lost. How's your map coming?"

Shilah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-25-2020, 03:54 PM

Shilah scrambled to catch up with Lynvarr, pausing as the other man started climbing one of the largest trees they'd come across yet. The diameter of the tree was almost as big as he was long. Shilah unfurled his map and drew a larger twisty tree to mark the big one. It's size would help serve as a landmark in the gnarled and knotted forest. One of a few things that might work as such. Shilah rolled up his map and then scrambled up the tree after Lynvarr. "Yea, I wouldn't mind living here for a season or two. Though, I'm not really a northern dweller. The cold doesn't suit me." He still preferred the hotter weather of the western territories. Lynvarr soon climbed down and he quickly followed, nodding his agreement with a soft sigh. "Yea, I'm hoping we can reach your den before it gets too dark. Thanks for sharing by the way, I appreciate it."

Lynvarr

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

10-25-2020, 04:48 PM

Lynvarr noted the cooling of the air and as they travelled the golden light of the sun soon faded far too early for night. He could only assume that clouds were moving in. Lynvarr twisted and turned through the gnarled trees, coming to another which he swiftly marked with his claws. They were getting closer. He could see the mountains looming over them now and the ground starting to rise in elevation. He glanced at Shilah and shook his head. "I'm the opposite. I prefer the colder weather but then I was born with a thick coat. Summer and heat do not appeal to me." Soon they reached the western edge of the forest and the base of the mountains. "It's no problem. Don't get too snuggly though, I happen to be engaged." He chuckled, not really meaning anything serious but it never hurt to draw a line just in case. He'd seen the other man was more loose in his partners at the party.

Shilah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-25-2020, 04:49 PM

When they reached the other end of the forest Shilah sketched in the border. He only knew of the east and west edges so he left the north and south vague for some day when he returned to the forest to fully investigate its scope. It was amusing how opposite he and Lynvarr were. The larger man preferring the colder climates. Shilah was the sort to hunker down and wait out a storm while he imagined Lynvarr would march right into it if he felt so inclined. Shilah chuckled at the snuggle comment a smile spreading across his lips. "Ah, shoot. I see I'm too late. Oh well, maybe in another life. When is the big day?" He didn't know what the marriage customs were where Lynvarr was from but he assumed there's be at least some sort of ceremony. For his own people ceremonies and celebrations of marriage often lasted several days.