gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
10-31-2020, 09:25 PM
Venom was quite intrigued with the potential she had before her, she knew the common tongue as did the rest of the Empire. If Hattori was one of the only wolves to speak fluently then she could build her trust in him more completely with the ability to speak to him in broad daylight and no one would understand them. Even before he answered she was falling in love with the idea. He told her the name, and thankfully he agreed. Venom felt an odd relief and pleasure. She would gain knowledge and keep her mind occupied, but she’d also have an unlimited excuse to call him to her side. The thrill that rose in her was tamped down as he continued. First she just had to forget everything she already knew.

The Empress chuckled, finding amusement in lesson number one. ”And how do I do that, teacher?” She asked him with an amused smirk on her features. Her bright eyes hinting at her subtle amusement as the meds lightened her usual stoic and serious expression.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
11-01-2020, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 02:56 PM by Hanzō.)

The statement seemed rather self explanatory in his mind but given that Venom had asked he felt implored to answer. Then again, he supposed her curiosity was a good thing, further proving how eager and willing she was to learn. Not that he'd doubted her, not even for a second. He shifted his weight again, considering how to describe the way he'd approached learning the common tongue. It had been quite a while ago and whilst his memory was good it wasn't that good.

"The common tongue and Nihongo are very different.  If you try to compare the two or say... 'in my language it should be like this' then learning will be very difficult for you. In your mind you must treat them as two separate things. New and far removed from what you already know." He was a little more abstract than he would have preferred , but since he didn't want to dive headfirst into grammar and sentence structure it was the only way. But she was intelligent, shrewd, he knew she'd understand.

But then he recalled the names of Ashen's ranks as his brows furrowed a little. Perhaps this would be a good place to start.

"Tell me, who named Ashen's ranks? If you were unaware they are from my language. Daimyo, for instance, means great name."

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
11-01-2020, 03:54 PM
How did you forget something that was as close to instinct as anything? Venom had been speaking primarily in the common tongue for as long as she could remember. No one had offered to teach her any other language and it seemed for the most part a useless use of her time. Now that she was going to be holed up here in the palace for who knew how long she might as well try at something. Taking Hattori as her teacher would help pass some time she was sure. He explained more thoroughly that the structure and the way in which she spoke would be completely different than their common tongue, and Venom knew she would be in for quite the challenge. She welcomed that fact.

”Alright.” She told him with a nod, he wasn’t specific but she felt like she could succeed. Just forget everything you already knew. No problem right? ”My mother.” Maybe he would have been able to figure that out but she was glad to entrain any of the questions that he gave to her instead. ”I never knew.” Venom admitted softly as her ears perked and she settled in for her first lesson.

End?

-then hattori tucked her in for sweet shinobi dreams-
[Image: ven-sig.png]