size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
10-31-2020, 11:56 AM

Wyndelin ventured up to the cliffs and found a wonderful place to star building a fire and doing a bit of crafting. It was a gorgeous view being up so high among the wildflowers. He had carried his travois with him, including some items for starting a fire as well as some clay to work on more clay pots. He found a good spot and began to roll stones in place, one by one to form a fire ring. Once that was done he scooted a particularly large and flat stone nearby to craft on before going to his travois and picking up a rabbit skin that was wrapped around a ball of clay. He took one side of the skin and pulled it as the clay rolled off onto the rock. He'd let the extra moisture start evaporating while he finished working on the fire.

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Advanced Intellectual (80)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
11-01-2020, 11:48 PM

Outlaw liked exploring and that worked well with his newfound trade of healer.  Of course, there was a lot he didn’t know about it considering he just took up the trade a short time ago when Meadow offered to teach him.  Having not grown up on this area of land there were flowers here Outlaw had not seen before on the Forgotten Isle.  Between all the flowers bellow and the view from the cliff this seemed a wonderful place.

Today Outlaw was collecting a variety of plants, some he knew and some he didn’t.  The grey and black dog would take back the flowers and be taught about what they were good for and names of the ones he didn’t know.  Outlaw has a cowboy hat kept perched on his head, and he was almost never without it.  There were lots of things he enjoyed finding and playing with but most he was content to leave but, Outlaw was quite attached to his hat.

Outlaw had collected a mix of sunflowers along with a few smaller purple  and white flowers, stepping slowly about as he looked for anything else promising to learn about when he noticed the wolf a ways off.  What was it doing?  Outlaw loved playing with stuff and making things so when he spotted the wolf doing something interesting with the rocks and a skin of something he galloped his way over, tail flagging high and merrily, a smile somewhat evident though the flowers in his mouth made it a bit harder.  “Hi!”  the muffled but excited greeting offered out.

Speech:"Life is but a game " Think

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
11-02-2020, 05:03 PM

Wyndelin meandered over o his travois and pulled out a bundle of sticks and wood logs for the fire. He moved back o he fire and first set down two logs, leaving a space between them for the kindling. Taking the kindling bundle he pulled a number of sticks out of the bundle and added them in between the logs. Wynd hen added some dead leaves to the top for kindling.

He was about to get ready to start the fire when something came running for him. Wyndelin instinctively shuffled back before he recognized the figure's friendly stance. The man looked wolf-like though clearly wasn't a wolf. He had something strange on his head and a bunch of flowers in his mouth. "Oh, um, hi. Err… my name's Wyndelin. Do you need something?"

He scooted over toward the clay ball where he started to knead and shape the clay, working at shaping it into some kind of bowl.

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

11-27-2020, 05:10 PM

Outlaw lowered his head to place the flowers down, tail wagging merrily.  “Oh, I just wanted to say hi, and I was curious about what you were doing?  I saw the fire and thought maybe you were a healer sort? I’m learning to be a healer.  Not sure what you are doing though, could you tell me about it?” looking at the clay, “I like making stuff also, what are you making? What's it for?” He’d just pelt the stranger with questions and ignore the fact that they had known each other all of a few seconds.

He looked as friendly as if this other wolf had been his best friend for life, with his excited tail and big open-mouth grin. “My names Outlaw by the way.  What’s yours?”  Outlaw sat down, tail continuing to wag, his gaze going from the wolf and down to the clay then back to the wolf.

Wyndelin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Beevent
11-29-2020, 08:13 AM

Wyndelin continued to work on shaping the bowl. After enough practice he was learning to curl his toes up and use his paw pads if he wanted the clay to stay smooth. Though, his claws did create interesting patterns when they dragged across the clay. There, that was what he needed for his bowl.

He smiled shyly at he other man and shook his head. "No, I'm not a healer, I'm a hunter but I like to tinker around." Wyndelin perked up as the man expressed genuine interest in what he was doing. "I'm making a bowl out of clay. When it dries you can put all kinds of things in it, you know dried herbs and things could store well in a clay bowl."

What if the man was also interested in the fire? Oh, he better get that going. "I can get the fire going if you want to use it. My name is Wyndelin." He grabbed a piece of flint and some metal out of his travois before trotting over to the fire. He pinned the flint down with his paw and with the metal in his teeth he whipped his head back and forth so the metal struck the flint. Eventually a spark flew off and caught the kindling on fire which slowly grew into a larger fire.

Outlaw

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

12-11-2020, 10:13 PM

“Oh, hey that’s a great idea.” Outlaw nodded in understanding.  “I’ve used a mixture of oddities like big chunks of bark with seaweed, smaller sticks, and whatever was at hand for making something sturdy enough to hold a few items here and there but it wouldn’t have worked to hold water as there were always holes in it.” Outlaw's eyes were now mostly on her paws and the clay as he spoke but thoughtfully glancing up a time or two, “I’ve used a few turtle shells though.  We had some pretty good sized turtles on the island I lived on.  Though the real big ones we didn’t dare mess with.   Turtles can get pretty dang huge if you let them.”  Obviously this wolf wanted to know about turtles as well, right?

Outlaw shook his head slightly, “No need for the fire, though I’ve always liked them.  Ever just make one to watch it? Especially at night.  The smoke drifting up and the bright little sparks.” The smallest things could interest Outlaw and it seemed to him that fire was no small thing.  Like a bit of magic that could be started and even put in containers but the way it danced no one could control.  

“You know, maybe I’ll make a bowl also, but later when I’m home so I don’t have to wait for it to dry to take back there.”  It would of course be useful but it also sounded outright fun.  “Ever try decorating it? You know like uh little waves on it or something like that?”  He couldn’t decorate a turtle shell the way they could decorate the clay.  Yes, a clay bowl was necessary.

Unless noted you can assume Outlaw is wearing his hat.  
It's also likely there is a seagull somewhere nearby