gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
11-01-2020, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 12:20 PM by Éldi.)
Yet The Raven Knows If I Fell…

Éldi worked tirelessly as he scraped the flesh from a deer hide. He used the scapula as a scrapper to aid him in removing the bits and gunk he didn't want on his project, though sometimes he needed to use his tongue. He had settled down in the Orchard to work and enjoy the changing colors of the leaves and the slight coolness to the breeze. It was time to start preparing for winter and so he was prepping another hide to help line his den or else as a cover for the entrance to help keep the cold out. It was really more out of habit than anything. From what he learned it didn't get quite so cold here in the south and he needn't go to such lengths to ensure he would stay warm but still Éldi preferred to be prepared. Hides could always be traded so either way his work would not go to waste.

Calixta

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-03-2020, 02:07 PM

It had not been long since Calixta and her sister struck out on their own, and the feeling of freedom was still so new. Walking through this place, and knowing that anyone she encountered would be a new face she’d not seen before, it was like a breath of fresh air she hadn’t known she needed until she got it. She felt like a new person, without the pressure of her family legacy weighing on her, and she couldn’t help but think of the future, and all the things that could be in store for her here. When she spotted the man up ahead, he seemed to be focused on a task, but she hoped he wouldn’t mind some company. She neared him, her tail waving softly behind her. "Hello." She paused a short distance away, not wanting to intrude if he wasn’t the socializing type.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

11-06-2020, 08:52 PM

Éldi shifted the scapula in his jaws, setting it aside for a moment as he licked a particularly stubborn piece of flesh off the deer hide. His ears flicked forward at the sound of someone approaching. He looked up to see a woman approaching. She offered a hello and he stood up straight, nodding in greeting. "Good day. I'm called Éldi. What brings you this way?" A little polite conversation would be nice while he worked. Unfortunately cleaning hides took hours of work and the more meticulous he was the better the results. If here was an easier way to do this he'd love to know but as it was this was the way his father taught him to clean a hide and thus it was the method he used. Now that he was part of Fireside he felt he should add to their winter preparations. Lining a den with hides could help with insulating a wolf against the cold.

Calixta

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-09-2020, 08:51 PM

Luckily, it seemed the man was not opposed to her presence and was quick to greet her. "I’m Calixta. And I was just exploring a bit, I’m new to this area, so I’m trying to familiarize myself with everything." She was eager to take in as many sights as she could, and meet some new faces if she could. "What about you? Do you frequent this orchard?" It was lovely here, and she could definitely see the appeal if he did. It seemed like it would be a nice place to work on tasks such as the one he’d been tending to when she approached.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

11-15-2020, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 01:08 PM by Éldi.)

The woman introduced herself as Calixta and explained she was new to the area. Éldi listened as she spoke, setting aside his project for now. He'd worked most of the random bits of meat and flesh from the hide so now it would need to dry for a bit before he could move on to the next step.

He nodded. "Yes, I frequent the Orchard quite a bit. There's a pack just to the northwest of here." She didn't smell of pack in any strong way so he assumed she was a loner just venturing into the territory and might benefit from knowing there was a pack nearby. It also helped him in alerting a stranger before she got too close to the border. Everyone had been a bit on edge since Viper had gone brazenly waltzing into their turf. "Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I've been to a few lands here." If there was a particular kind of terrain she was looking for perhaps he could point her in the right direction.

Calixta

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-21-2020, 01:59 PM

The man set aside the hide he had been working on, and she quietly hoped that she hadn’t disrupted him, but he seemed open enough to having a conversation that she didn’t have much time to dwell on the thought. He told her he did often find himself in the Orchard, and also notified her of a nearby pack. She’d never accidentally crossed a packs border before, but she’d known some packs to get antsy if you even came close, and it was always useful information to know where packs were located. Having been given the knowledge from another would spare her the risk of upsetting anyone by investigating on her own. "That’s good to know, thank you."

He went on to ask if there was anything specific that she was looking for, and she thought for a moment. "Nothing in particular, no. Not at the moment, at least. I’ve not been on my own for long, if I’m being honest. Just trying to adjust, and see what resources I can find for my sister and myself before those resources get too scarce." Winter would be coming, and while she still had some time she knew it would still be too quick. Maybe they hadn’t exactly picked the best time to go their own way, but she couldn’t say she regretted her decision.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

11-26-2020, 06:19 PM

Éldi listened quietly as the woman explained that she was out hunting for resources for herself and her sister and that they hadn't been on their own for long. This was a rough time to be starting out. Winter would be along soon enough. It was part of the reason he was working on getting some hides prepped. He wanted to have a warmer lining for his den when he colder weather arrived though he didn't know what winter in the south would be like. He could only assume it would be milder.

"From what I understand the winter's in the south are milder than elsewhere. If you struggle to find resources you might try moving into Auster. As Boreas transitions into winter, Auster will move into summer, but I must confess I haven't really been there so I can't say for sure what it would be like."