gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-01-2020, 03:51 PM
This glancing life is like a morning star

Shilah was a nomadic wolf, used to traveling and never staying in one spot. As such he hadn't been sure about joining a pack. However, the truth was that he wasn't used to the life of a loner either. He'd always had others around him, family, band mates, it just didn't suit the more social wolf to travel solo and so in the end he'd decided to give pack life a try. He'd heard of a pack nestled in the heart of Eastern Boreas that sought to be a place of refuge to those in need. Perhaps he could make himself of some use there. He was not a healer or even a hunter. He'd grown up learning to fight and explore, but perhaps he could offer them something when it came to exploring new lands or forming methods to scout for those headed for the pack or those who might seek to do them harm. He steadied himself at the border then called out for the alpha.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
11-01-2020, 09:07 PM

Calls came as calls would. Word of The Hallows had spread and wolves were coming from all around to take advantage of the healing springs. It was just as she had planned. It seemed as though there wasn't enough time in the day to answer all of the calls. She was glad that others of the pack could pick up the slack. When it was a request for joining, however, Resin wasted no time in intercepting the call.

The big woman padded along the path that was well worn by now. It stretched around the perimeter of the territory, worn down by the never ending line of paws that patrolled and marked. Coming to the place where the call came from, Resin slowed. Her singular gaze fixed upon a younger male. The maned woman merely gave her skull a dip. "I am Resin, Aegis of The Hallows. How can I help you?" Sweet and to the point.

"Speech"

[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Shilah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-02-2020, 08:24 PM

Shilah took a few deep breaths to calm his nerves. Not that he was scared but a mix of nervousness and excitement was stirring in his gut and he didn't want to make a bad first impression. Soon a large woman appeared. She had a roughness about her that immediately made him think of an old and seasoned warrior. "Hello Resin, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Shilah and I'm seeking a home. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about your pack and let me know if you have room for a warrior and seasoned navigator." He wanted to be sure he would fit well for both their sakes and of course he wasn't sure if they would have need of his skills or not so he felt it best to get that out in the open. Hopefully, this little interview would go in his favor but if not he'd simply need to make other plans.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

11-03-2020, 09:05 PM

The earthen hued man cut to the chase. He was looking for a home. Shilah laid out his skills and ask after the Hallows. A warrior and a navigator? Rather ideal. She wasn't aware that anyone else claimed the skill of navigation within the pack. Haunches folding, Resin relaxed somewhat before she began to speak. "The Hallows is something different than the norm. Overall, I would consider us a pack of healing. A place where wolves from all packs, bands, groups and creeds can come to rest and recuperate. We treat the physically ill as well as the mentally ill. The Hallows offer training to those in need and help wayward wolves find a path. " Feeling that this was explanation enough, she moved on to Shilah's skill set. "Being such an oddity with our open borders, we do require warriors. Not all of the wolves of The Hallows are healers." A bit of amusement flashed in her singular gaze. She was proof of that.

"Speech"

Shilah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-06-2020, 09:06 PM

Shilah listened with interest as Resin explained how her pack differed from the typical packs that populated Boreas. He had to admit the idea of the pack intrigued him. It sounded more up his alley than the usual packs he'd associated with. "The Hallows sounds like something I'd like to be a part of, even though I am no healer. I'm glad to hear you have use for warriors. If you need I'm happy to show you my skills." Shilah knew all he'd offered so far were words but he was happy to show his skills either now or at another time if it suited the alphess. "I also hope my skills in navigation can help. I am familiar with weather patterns and can keep an eye out for approaching storms." Perhaps these skills would be useful in case they needed to move patients or protect fires. He wasn't sure but he thought it best to disclose such skills.

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

11-13-2020, 12:24 PM

Shilah seemed to be a no-nonsense sort, kind of like her Askan. (Though admittedly much less grumpy.) Resin liked that sort of thing in wolves. While most bothered with fluff and appearances, Resin did not. She was what she was. Take it or leave it. And so, being as she was, she appreciated it when others returned the favor. Shilah seemed to be exactly what he portrayed himself as and nothing more. Simple. Sweet. Less work for both of them.

As the man listed his talents and offered a fight, the big fae chuckled. "No need for a spar at present. Your navigational skills will be quite useful, as will your fighting skills." With a pull of her skull, she motioned for Shilah to cross the border into his new home. "Welcome to The Hallows, Shilah." Yet another wolf under her protection.

Resin began to walk back into the territory and as she did, she explained some things. "Each wolf will pull their own weight and contribute as they are able. I expect every single member of the pack to hone their skills and until they become masters in their particular field." The trees began to thin, and eventually opened up to the bubbling, steaming springs. The fences between some had been completed. The dens were pushed off to the side, trailing along the treeline. "Visitors seeking healing stay down below in these dens while members of the pack stay up there." She directed his attention upward to the rise that would take them up towards the Falls. "There are many open dens here that you can use until you craft your own up above." The woman turned her golden gaze to him. "Any questions?"

"Speech"

Shilah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-15-2020, 09:39 AM

Shilah grinned as he was welcomed into the Hallows. At last, he was part of a pack again. It seemed like it had been years and he hoped to get a handle on living in a stationary pack. He intended to patrol not only the borders of the pack but also the neighboring lands to both sate his need to wander and get an idea of neighboring prey and predator activity. Resin started to walk and speak and he swiftly moved to follow.

Shilah listened politely as Resin spoke. What she said sounded good to him. He was eager to become a master fighter as well as navigator and he couldn't wait to start exploring the lands the Hallows occupied in greater detail. Resin explained the layout of the lands and asked if he had any questions. Shilah shook his head. "None at present though if any come up I'll be sure to ask. Thank you, Resin, for giving me this chance."

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

11-28-2020, 04:23 AM

Shilah thanked her and the big woman nodded. "As one who excels in navigation, I'd like you to teach others who might show an interest. Not all possess the dedication to learn or the knowledge on where to start with such matters." She had a nose for direction, but she'd never been interested in the tellings of the weather or other things along those lines. It would be nice if the man could guide others as he was able.

"I'd also like you to patrol the borders as much as you're able. There are an uncomfortable amount of other packs nestled close and I like our border to be extremely evident." She marked regularly as did Askan and Dunkan. Soon she would have the pups out doing patrols with her. It showed numbers and all but those that were completely nose blind would have no choice but to note the borders existence.

"Choose your temporary home. Get settled in. I can help you excavate up above when you've chosen where you'd like to call home." Duty always called when you were a leader and so the woman excused herself. "Good to have you, Shilah." With a nod, the woman threw her weight into her wide, black toed paws and started off at a distance eating lope to finish her patrol.

"Speech"