size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
11-25-2020, 08:07 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn didn't hesitate, she bolted into the shelter of the trees, weaving her way into the forest before slowing to a stop and groaning. Man, from one creepy land into another. The forest was dark, gray and eerie. Mist swirled along the forest floor and as she walked along the path she noticed a large, musty brown tree, its branches swiveling and twisting skyward. It was crowned in dark leaves and vines and moss hung over it. Patches of grass and strange plants grew here and there at her feet. As she peered through the dark she suddenly thought she saw another wolf. A brown wolf with deep coloring along his back and paws… his paws seemed to fade right into the mist. The wolf suddenly turned its head to look behind and she noticed a strange, glowing golden eye.

Jynn blinked for a moment and the wolf turned to look at her. Her fur stood on end. Then when she looked again the wolf was gone. She turned to look back at Hya. "Say, um, weird question. Do you believe in ghosts?" The forest was sweltering and still. Somewhere above she could hear the wind.

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Pride - Pansexual
11-25-2020, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 08:30 PM by Hyacinth.)

Out of the frying pan and into the fire? Maybe, it wasn't really something he could focus on while he tried to keep up with the long-legged woman, it was a little harder for him to weave through the trees, though he normally considered himself pretty agile but the dark was so hard to see through at such a speed that it was making not tripping difficult, in fact just as the woman was slowing he found a forepaw trapped under a root he didn't see and his face met the ground.

Hyacinth groaned and wobbled to his paws, doing his best not to lose Jynn in the fog and the dim light, his attention was very much on his own pain though, and jumped a little as she turned a question his way. "Not normally no, why?" He narrowed his eyes, taking a first real moment to peer into his surroundings.

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
11-25-2020, 08:39 PM

The trees in the forest grew so thickly that they almost completely blocked out the sun, not that she thought the sun had suddenly come out, it was probably still hidden behind the clouds. She heard a rumble of thunder and wondered if it would start to rain soon. It was possible it was already raining and the raindrops just hadn't reached down to the forest floor yet.

She glanced back at Hya and shrugged. "Oh, I uh… sorry, I just thought I saw something. I'm just a little spooked. Seems like we're going from one creepy ass territory to another." She pushed forward along the path, climbing over tree roots. She paused next to a nearby tree and reached up, digging her claws into the bark to leave a mark. She turned to Hya and grinned awkwardly. "I uh… don't want to get lost in here."

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

11-25-2020, 09:14 PM

Hyacinth could have sworn he saw something moving in the dim light, the sounds of something moving behind him made him glance over his shoulder. Okay so maybe he was a little more superstitious than he'd said, the hairs on his neck rising and he could feel goosebumps rising all over his flesh. "Oh... uh, makes sense." He said, deciding that he really didn't need to worry Jynn with his own sudden feeling they weren't alone either.

He kept close on her tail, suddenly feeling like his back was a little too exposed for his liking. He watched her reach out to a tree and mark, looking back at him sheepishly. He nodded,"I met someone else who taught me that trick, I somehow always forget though." He kept his graze bouncing between his paws and the horizon, not wanting to trip again but also not really wanting to be startled by whatever seemed to be stalking them.

"Talk" "Listen" Think

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

11-25-2020, 09:28 PM

One of the things that made the forest so eerie was the lack of sounds of life. There were no birds, no squirrels. She walked past another large and gnarled tree and wondered why on earth the trees here grew so gnarled. It didn't seem the wind could get to them. Perhaps there was a lack of nutrition in the soil? But if that was they case why did they grow so tall and thick.

She grinned at Hya as she moved to put a trail marker in another tree. "Honestly, I do to. I try to remember but I swear I only remember half the time." She paused again, her large ears standing up straight. "Ugh, I can't wait to get out of here. I hope we're close." She looked ahead where it seemed the trees were starting to thin a bit.

Hyacinth

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

11-25-2020, 10:55 PM

Every step he took felt like it would be the one to snap the eerie quiet but even the twigs that bent under his paws felt unnaturally muffled, he took a chance to glance upwards, the muted rumble of thunder just barely cutting through the hush and he couldn't even tell if the storm had broken or not, though as they continued the canopy did start to lighten up a bit, and he felt a few drops hitting his muzzle. Well, he hoped it wasn't torrential, since it did seem they were pushing through the forest, though maybe they'd find themselves in a less unnerving part of the forest and be given a suitable place to wait out the storm at least a little bit.

"Talk" "Listen" Think