gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
12-27-2020, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 05:33 PM by Valkyrie 1.)
Valkyrie wrinkled her nose at the spectacle that was Jupiter but chose to address his suggestion in the same breath as everybody else. "I can't speak for the opulence of...Valhalla." The name rolled off her tongue with obvious distaste. "And if any reason at all would do for this raid I'd raid them for their name alone as who but the the most senseless and thus least likely to be prepared would dare name their earthly mud heap Valhalla." She crossed her paws, her expression catty, before continuing in a cool voice, "But I digress. The request was for targets who have goods we can expand with. For that reason I agree with Winterfell. I have firsthand experience with all they have to offer and I know from our dealings that their relationship with their allies, if they have any left, must be tenuous because I had Winterfell raid them for me."

She turned her attention to Pestilence and then to Tyrian. "That confession is ill-timed, is it not? I am of the opinion that it is unwise to give the matter ten seconds of thought when it is clear there is more at work than meets the eye. If they have designs for Fireside there might be more for us as a pack to consider. Reprisal," she nodded to Torrent, "Is only one possible facet. For that reason I would caution action against Ashen at this time. Let us have a simple raid for goods and save the weightier politics for later."

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
01-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Tyrian didn't have to wait long for the suggestions to start pouring in. Pestilence was the first, nominating the pack she was had been raised in. He didn't find that particularly bothersome but the explanation was welcome and he listened attentively knowing her insider information was likely more detailed than any the rest of his wolves would be able to prove for the targets they nominated. She would know exactly what the pack had to offer. His surprise at the reveal that she had been sent to take Fireside over showed on his face before he could rein it in. Tyrian stiffened and then  dropped his expression into a carefully cultivated blank mask while he processed the information. Of course he wasn't soft enough to be hurt by the reveal but he was annoyed that she would choose to tell him now in the middle of a meeting versus sooner, say when she decided Fireside was the home for her. It would have been to her advantage to and to his as he would have had the time to form a more fitting reprisal.

He swallowed his displeasure and let his attention flit from wolf to wolf as they said their piece. Many added their opinions to their suggestion and he welcomed their advice and reasoning. It was interesting to hear the different personalities at work. Many - there was a clear favorite from the start - took different routes to come to the same conclusion. Others had different suggestions all together. Tyrian watched with a vaguely tired expression as Jupiter stood up and ranted his suggestion. He wasn't sure how many knew of his nephew's experience but he did know that the man wasn't shy about talking. Tyrian himself had heard all about his ordeal. Too much of it, in fact, and in too great detail for his liking.

In the end there wasn't much discussion and - blessedly - there wasn't any arguing. It seemed that when everyone who had wanted to speak had done so they all held fast to their suggestions. None were moved and none felt the need to argue their points which was as good a firm decision in Tyrian's book as any. If they stuck by their initial votes then he would take them as they were which meant Ashen was the winner. That pack was not his first choice considering why it had been nominated, but with the pack's opinion being so clearly stacked in Ashen's favor he felt compelled to honor their wishes. "We have a pretty clear winner. As always there is a chance of retaliation; that comes with raiding any pack and it is a risk I'm willing to take no matter the circumstances leading up to it. We will raid Ashen." His gaze flicked to Jupiter who no doubt would have something to say. "And we will not be looking for perfumed pelts. We'll hit their food stores."

Tyrian took a deep breath and raked an impish gaze across those gathered. His displeasure with Pestilence was forgotten for the time being and he was back to feeling excitement for the fight ahead. Now it was time to decide who was going. "I'll be taking nine wolves with me. Masters, Raidsman and Raiders get to claim slots first. After those holding those ranks have had a chance to volunteer I'll accept wolves with Raidsman or Raider as secondary along with the rest of the tier four wolves. Should there be any slots left over at that point I'll accept any tier five wolves who wish to come." He got to his paws and Tashi threw his cape over his shoulders and began to fasten it around his neck. "Now, who's with me?"

OOC: There is no post order. Once nine wolves (following the guidelines above) have volunteered I'll be starting the raid thread immediately. Tyrian WILL respond again in this thread at some point to assign tasks to those left behind and looking for something to do but don't expect that reply right away. Each "block" (the masters, raidsman, raiders; secondaries and tier 4's; tier 5's) has 3 days to reply starting now and when time is up or when there's no more undecided wolves in a block I'll say something in pack chat so the next block knows it's their turn!
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
01-03-2021, 07:59 PM
Valkyrie got to her paws slowly and moved to stand with Tyrian. "I'll go with pleasure." She wasn't invested in Winterfell as the target so it didn't bother her that Tyrian had chosen Ashen. The former Drottning was of the opinion it was wiser to plan a retaliation for this newly discovered enemy, but she didn't know how big of a difference a calculated response would have been versus this rushed one. It was likely, if her intuition was any indicator, that Fireside's retaliation would have included a raid anyway. If the boy alpha was smart he would be thinking of more on the way over and would have some sort of plan in the works, but she didn't know if expecting that of him was too much. He was, after all, still rather inexperienced.

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
01-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Ashmedai didn't really care WHO they raided as long as he got to go along. It would be good to see his successor in action and it would be good to have a nice family-bonding raid before Sparrow went off with her pirates and Ash had to decide whether to retire in his homelands with Fireside or join her for a season or two more. Hell, this might be his last raid altogether. He wasn't really willing to think about it, and much less likely to show it, but he was getting older and one of these days, his body was bound to fail him unless the gods somehow proved to be real and decided for some reason to keep him alive longer. Ashmedai lazily stretched, the depth of his thoughts well hidden with his lopsided smile, "I'll go with ya. Might help to get the blood pumping for a bit."
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
01-03-2021, 08:16 PM
Sparrow listened to all those around her. There were so many good options and she kept each in mind for when she had the pirate band. Livestock could be traded rather than raised and the more mobile ones could help move their shit and loot from one place to another while they traveled. It was important to think of these things now. It would be good to see how they fared against Ashen while the win or lose wasn't something that could reflect on her leadership- sorry Tyr. She scratched at her ear lazily as a few people came forward to fight, "Count me in. I should get to raid with you ONCE before I become a no good pirate."

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Éldi

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
01-03-2021, 09:26 PM
Yet The Raven Knows If I Fell…

Éldi listened quietly as targets were named and discussed. He was indifferent to who was chosen for in his mind he was just eager to stretch his muscles. It had been awhile since Hjarrandi had raided and he was sure it had been just as long for Fireside so whoever they chose would be a good warm up. Éldi feared his skills as a warrior might have declined as he focused so much on his hunting. Eventually it was decided that they would be raiding Ashen. Soon their fearless leader asked who was ready and he stood up confidently. "I am ready and eager!" He hoped they would head out shortly to begin.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
01-03-2021, 09:39 PM

Álarr fidgeted a bit as the meeting continued and he waited for their target to be selected. He felt a little bit of pressure to do well digging into his shoulders. Not only did he want to impress his brother but he also wanted to do well for Pesto. She was his friend and this raid would really mean something to her. He didn't want to be taken out right away but he was definitely out of practice. He'd only done a few patrols which had all been peaceful. As Master of the Cure, winter was his primary concern and so he'd focused on finishing up his gathering and preparations. Hopefully battle would be like walking and come back to him quickly. "I'll go with you!" Hopefully, his brother would be fine with this even though he was not in a warrior role.

Pestilence

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1BeeventBronze Medal 2020Critical Fail!
1KValentines 2020VolcanoTreat 2019
01-04-2021, 07:56 PM
Pesto did not miss Tyrian's discomfort no matter how fleeting it may have been upon his face, and she blew out a soft breath of guilt as he continued to address the raid meeting. The other's responses did not make her feel much better, and she tore her eyes off Valkyrie as the berserker responded. In the end, Tyrian tallied the votes and the target was confirmed. She waited a moment while others volunteered, worried that volunteering herself might look suspicious with the information she'd just given. However, this was an opportunity for her to punish her family and her guilt was not strong enough to keep her from raising her paw. After all, Pestilence was a raidsman first and foremost. Newly promoted into the rank and eager to prove herself. "Count me in." She added her voice to the others, pressing herself against Alarr and praying his fur would swallow her up.

Jupiter

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lazuli

Ooze ImmuneAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantFestival OrganizerDouble MasterHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
Beevent1KTreat 2019
01-04-2021, 08:08 PM
When Tyrian announced he was going with Ashen Jupiter sighed loudly and dramatically enough to make Amadeus, who was riding on his neck, uncomfortable even though he knew the reaction was light-hearted. The tiny tamarin leaped off of his embarrassing companion and took refuge on Bubbles' back where he was hopefully safe from any eyes that might fix on Jupiter for his antics. Wolf after wolf announced their desire to go and then, fucking finally, it was Jupiter's turn. ”Well,” he announced loudly with a grin. ”I did say I'd fight anybody and I meant it. I'm in.” He pointed a paw at Tyrian and then the rest of the group. ”But y'all should really consider Valhalla in the future, mmkay? Or the bribes I need to work on to make that shit happen.” He did another round of pointing, then said, ”I ain't kidding, think about it folks,”
[Image: ZQdAdlz.png]

NOTE: this character is pretty on the outside but nothing but ugliness and innuendo on the inside. It's best to consider all threads with him rated 'M' regardless of the official tags.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
01-04-2021, 09:33 PM

Valdís waited as everyone finished speaking and the target was chosen. It seemed that they would be going after Ashen and she had to decide if she would go or not. She worried slightly about her advancing age but if Ásvor planned to go she certainly didn't want to be left behind. However, she took her roll as Guardsman seriously and often saw her duties as patrolling the border and protecting the pack, acting as a defender rather than attacker. She looked to her alpha as he asked for volunteers to go on the raid. Several wolves spoke up before she eventually did. "I will go if you wish to have me, but I am also fine staying and looking after Fireside's borders." She would go where her alpha needed her most.

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
01-05-2021, 09:31 AM
And that was that. Their target was chosen and Ásvor had no complaints. They'd raid Pestilence's former pack, and as Tyrian explained they'd be going for their food stores rather than more frivolous things like pelts. She nodded in agreement, glancing sideways to discern her wife's reaction. She didn't hesitate to speak up and offer herself as a raider if she was needed, and for the first time in her life Ásvor was torn. Valdís fighting alongside her had once been of utmost importance but now that Ulfr was in the picture, the thought of leaving him home without at least one of them to defend the borders didn't sit well with her. Not that he couldn't take care of himself - she was more than confident in his self-sufficiency, but there was always the slight chance that they both become critically injured in battle, leaving him not without one parent, but two. That thought was a painful one, and one she never expected to face. "I'd like to join the raiding party," Ásvor offered after a moment of thought, "Though I'd prefer Valdís stay home to defend our borders, if you see fit." She spoke to Tyrian as she glanced his way, though looked back to Valdís, hoping she understood her plea. For Ulfr.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
01-07-2021, 06:44 PM
Wolf after wolf confirmed their willingness to go and with Asvor the party had ten members. But that wasn't all, it seemed his Physician had a request. Tyrian was quiet a moment as he considered what she wanted. He'd asked for wolves to volunteer to go and it felt wrong to tell Valdis to stay on behalf of another when she had expressed a willingness to go. She was a capable woman and he knew he could use her on the mission. In the end he decided to leave it in her paws. Glancing between Asvor and Valdis, Tyrian replied, "While this is an important endeavor it's not life or death and I think you've earned the right to stay or go as you please so I'll leave the decision up to you and your wife. Both the raiding party and the border crew would be lucky to have you, Valdis, so do what you will."
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Torrent

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah
01-07-2021, 08:59 PM
The pack was quick to vote, and Tyrian just as quick to come to a decision on who to raid. Torrent's jaws gaped in a satisfied grin at the choice of pack. She could not fault it - as she had said, she only thought they mught wish to avoid it if they did not wish to tempt retaliation, but with Tyrian's acceptance of the idea her own mismatched eyes glowed the brighter with relish. The rest of the pack spoke up as their ranks dictated, and she was disappointed when the raiding party filled before she could speak up, but she had to push aside her disappointment. She was, after all, unproven in battle and had no real rank to speak of because of that, so she couldn't expect to be part of the raid. But then Asvor spoke up to ask that Valdis remain behind, and Torrent's ears lifted, the tip of her tongue slipping free to touch her lip thoughtfully. "I could take your place in the raiding party, Valdis," she offered."So that you needn't worry that your absence would leave them short a fighter." An unproven fighter could be a liability in a fight, particularly as volatile as Torrent had proven in the past, but she was itching to finally prove herself as she had failed to do in the pack's defense against the vikings.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
01-08-2021, 04:04 PM

Valdís wasn't surprised to hear her wife wanted to join the raiding party. She'd have been surprised if it had been any other way. Though as Ásvor mentioned that she'd prefer for Valdís to stay behind she glanced at her lover, head tilted slightly to the side until she realized the look in her wife's eyes. Ah, yes, they had a child now. How reckless of her not to consider the potential implications should the raid turn unexpectedly violent. Having participated in the blood raid of Talis into Celestial, she knew well how things could go south. Valdís leaned over, seeking to gently nuzzle her lover. She understood. "My wife speaks with a wisdom I often lack. Yes, I choose to remain here and fulfill my duties as Guardsmen and look after our borders while the raiding party is away."