Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-17-2020, 12:50 PM

"Bowen"

The world was full of treasure, but Bowen wasn't allowed to travel the world just yet. No one said that she wasn't allowed to scour every inch of the Hallows though. Today, the caramel cream girl skirted the border, nose to the ground and eyes scanning back and forth. Hopefully she would find something interesting today. Yesterday had been a complete bust. She had more than enough rocks in her hoard, so those were out of the question. She could really use more feathers. Those would be nice to have.

As Bowen moved along, a prance in her step, she hummed a little tune. She didn't know any songs, but that didn't really matter. She would make up her own songs as she went. They would be the best songs. The little bag around her neck swayed back and forth. There wasn't even anything in it yet, but she planned to have it full by the time she made it back home.

The day was a little chilly but the sun overhead kept the girl from getting too cold. If she walked the border, she had clear sun most of the time. The smell of rotting vegetation was sweet in the air and periodically Bo would stop, close her vibrant green eyes, and just smell the world around her. She really, really liked the smell of rotting leaves. It was like one of her favorite smells ever. Because she had the mind of a pup, it bounced back and forth constantly. She began to wonder what the favorite smells of other wolves were. What did her mom like to smell? What did her momma think smelled best? The boys probably liked smelling icky things because they were boys, but who really knew? Maybe she could ask all of them.

Traipsing along as she was, lost in thought, Bowen almost missed the big hole beneath the oak tree. It was big hole. She could have walked straight in! Curiosity got the better of her and she moved forward, sticking her head inside to look around. "Whoa!" she exclaimed. It was really dark in there. Much to her surprise, she heard her own voice calling back to her. Viridian eyes went wide as saucers and she gave a little shudder of excitement. "Hellooooo-ooooooooo!" She called into the hole. Of course, her voice called right back. After releasing a squeaky girlish giggle, she tried again. "Iiiii'm Bowen-owen-owen!" Peals of laughter pulled from the tiny child as once again she heard her echo. This time, she heard something else, too. A chittering noise of some sort. Brown furrowed, Bowen stilled, looking into the darkness. There was a scrabbling noise and a brown shape erupted from the darkness. The girl screamed and backed up as much as she was able, but she tripped over one of the oak trees roots and landed flat on her back. The big brown creature came flying after her and she screamed again in terror, bringing her dark forelegs up to shield her eyes.

WC-504/1500
[Image: gSBkYSG.gif]Bowen Arrow Carpathius [Image: 2cnsALh.png]

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (50)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-17-2020, 01:16 PM
Haiku raced along the border, his long gangly legs carrying him almost as fast as Prose could fly. Her white wings led him forward, he nimbly navigated the path around Abaven. He was going to be a warrior just like his dad and his older sisters. He and Senryu were going to be the greatest fighters of all time, but first he had a lot of training to do. He’d be able to patrol for real someday, for now he only was allowed to at the border with the Hallows. Alone anyway, his dad took him and his siblings out all the time. He had started giving them little lessons and taking them to the battlefield. The young boy was growing even more confident in his abilities and was letting his dreams run wild.

He was going to be the toughest fighter in Abaven. He was going to be the best at making wounds, but also the best at patching them up! Like his grandmother Rhythm, his dad, and his big sister Theory he was going to learn all of the plants and their uses. With Sen’s help of course. They were going to be the best Abaven ever had.

Thoughts of grandeur played in his mind as he ran, his gait all out as he neared the border with unclaimed land. His white marks flashing through the yellow foliage. Prose was either getting faster or he was slowing down, and Haiku nearly crashed when he noticed her veer off into the Hallows territory. Haiku came to a scrambling halt as he quickly altered his course. ”Prose!” He called out, ears falling to his skull as he finally realized what his raven was doing. That’s when he heard the sound of the girl’s voice.

He forgot how tired he was getting and raced into the other pack’s territory. He knew he was in the wrong but she was screaming! Something was wrong and someone needed help! Haiku jumped over a downed log but finally saw who he was looking for. He didn’t slow as he saw the woodchuck leap at the small girl. Like she was his own small sister Haiku raced to defend her.

The dire boy was quick to put himself between Bowen and the (he was sure) rabid beast. He bared his teeth and lashed his tail. With a bark he pushed the groundhog back. The rodent wasn’t about to back down to a couple of puppies though and lunged at Haiku. The boy leaps up and only just barely managed to keep out of the creature’s way and not trip over the girl. Hopefully she had gotten out of the way anyway but he couldn’t pay her enough attention.

Prose swept in as well, the brilliant white and pink raven aiming her talons at the woodchuck’s face so Haiku could try and get a better angle on it. The boy tried to keep himself between the rodent and where Bowen at least had been. He was going to protect her, and even a few bites and scratches wouldn’t deter him! With another lunge forward Haiku went to bite the animal’s ear, and he’d manage to take it off. The woodchuck’s surprise was as obvious as Haiku’s and both opponents jumped away from the other. Prose wasn’t out yet though, and she came in for another swoop and really made the creature rethink its life choices.

”Get out of here foul beast!” Haiku commanded as he backed up slightly, finally managing to glance at Bowen to make sure she was alright. Haiku lowered his head menacingly, taunting the woodchuck with his snarling teeth and wagging dual toned tail.

wc:615
total: 1119

I have a white raven companion named Prose if she isn't mentioned assume she is nearby

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-17-2020, 01:50 PM

"Bowen"

She was going to die and that's all there was to it. This big brown beast was going to murder her and her family would never find her body. They would forever wonder where she had gone. Had Bowen run away? Had someone taken her? Internally, the girl gasped. Would they forget her? In time maybe her brothers and sisters would forget that there even had been a Bowen. The thought made the girl want to cry and her lower lip jutted out involuntarily. Tears began to fill her eyes as she gave into her fate. She just hoped that it was quick.

A loud rawr sounded and Bowen winced. Had the hole-beast made that sound? Since she wasn't dying yet, the girl cracked an eye, looking through a gap in her protective forelegs. Whoa, there was a boy there. He was fighting the Doomchuck! Since the giant boy was between her and her attacker, Bowen rolled to her paws and quickly dove over the boundary and behind a bush. She hunkered down and watched the fight, trying to remain as inconspicuous as possible.

Bowen didn't know this boy. She had never seen him before, nor did she recognize his scent. Boy, was she glad that he had showed up though! He fought and he fought valiantly. Bowen's green gaze was wide in amazement as she watched him bite off the beasts ear. It seemed as though he had a companion as well, for a big white bird kept swooping down to attack the dirt-creature.

The boy exclaimed loudly, warning the creature away and Bowen practically swooned. She had no idea what swooning was, but she surely did it. At that moment, the unnamed outsider boy was her hero. She couldn't wait to gush all over him and thank him for his help. Maybe she would give him one of her treasures in thanks! Man! She couldn't wait to tell her moms that she'd met a boy on their land! Not just any boy, but a boy that had saved her from the clutches of death. Bowen was still very convinced that she would have died had he not appeared to save her.

From her place behind the bush, Bowen cheered the boy on. She found herself growling when he growled and her russet and white pelt bristled as he leaped towards the creature. He was the fiercest wolf that she'd ever seen in her entire life! So brave! So heroic! Bo quivered with excitement. If the tree-biter knew what was good for it, it would run right back down that hole and never come out. Otherwise her hero was going to end its life. He was saving the day!

WC-450
Total-1569

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

12-17-2020, 02:04 PM
Haiku snapped his teeth and mock charged after Prose gave one last swoop. Already bleeding and disgraced the woodchuck wasn’t about to hang out with a rowdy but and his bird for much longer. Seeking revenge for the trespasser in his home was too much and with no more convincing turned tail and ran. Haiku leapt up with a ‘whoop!’ as he declared his victory. The woodchuck’s ear lay at his paws. His reward for his victory. Prose cracked loudly over his head and then landed on her boy’s shoulder as he turned to check on Bowen.

The grin on his face couldn’t be mistaken, but he tried to compose himself as he approached the lady on long gangly legs. Haiku lowered his head in a mock bow, making Prose flustered and she flapped her wings above him as she regained her balance. The pup rightened himself before asking, ”Are you uh…” He searched for the right word, since he didn’t want to sound like a baby. He wanted to talk more like his cousins in Ashen! ”Are you harmed, lady?” He decided on, feeling that sounded mature.

I have a white raven companion named Prose if she isn't mentioned assume she is nearby

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-17-2020, 02:28 PM

"Bowen"

A moment later the woodchuck ran for its hole, thoroughly overpowered by the heroic efforts of the outsider boy. He then approached Bowen and she was overpowered by his majesty. As if they weren't wide enough, vibrant green eyes went wider still. And then he talked to her. He actually talked to her! The spotted boy asked if she was alright and called her a lady. Inside, Bowen was screaming. Outwardly, all she could say was, "Yes. I mean... no. You're..." She leaned a little bit closer. "You're..." she leaned closer still and her heavily lashed lids began to flutter. "You're my hero!"

Bowen leaped to the side. "You were magnificent!" She pretended to battle the woodchuck, growling and biting the air. "You were fearless!" The girl roared aloud, head lashing back and forth as she did so. "You showed that thing who's boss!" She mimicked chasing it back into the hole, but made a point to not go too close to the tree.

"And I," she began, a little out of breath as she moved back towards the boy. "I'm Bowen." She smiled, russet and cream ears flicked forward as she waited for his name.

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

12-17-2020, 02:40 PM
For a long moment he was afraid that he scared her. Not that he thought he was anywhere near scary but her eyes were so wide. He very nearly took a step back because he wouldn’t want to make her uncomfortable. She did eventually speak but he wasn’t convinced until her long lashes fluttered over her bright forest gaze. He froze when she called him her hero.

Surprise flashed over his features and his chocolate ears fell to his skull as he suddenly felt very bashful He’d only done what was right, no one in their right mind could have left her here to her fate. Mostly though, he was relieved that she wasn’t afraid. His bright blue and lavender eyes watched her as she bounced around and celebrated his accomplishments. Haiku was too humble to get a big head, but he did suddenly feel his cheeks warm as she praised him.

Bowen returned ot his side and gave her his name, letting him speak his own then. ”Aw, shucks, Bowen.” He spoke, losing all semblance of his knightly demeanor as she shone the spotlight on him. ”I’m Haiku Cavaliere-Klein,” He replied with a grin, his ears and tail perking again. ”I’m from Abaven, I heard you and just wanted to help.”

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-17-2020, 03:12 PM
The boy gave his name and became Haiku. Haiku the hero. "Haiku, you're so cool! You just rushed in there and didn't even think about your own safety." Bowen had calmed down a bit. She shook her head and chuckled. "I was so scared. I was pretty sure that I was going to die." The girl was much too small to fight anything and too much of a pacifist to even try.

"So you're from Abaven? Mom says that Abaven wolves are welcome here, so welcome!" She smiled again, her tail still going ninety miles an hour. "I was hunting for treasure before that ground dog attacked me." Yes, she really meant ground dog. "Wait til I tell my moms what you did for me. I bet they'll give you a reward or something." It's what she would do, only she didn't have any treasures in her bag at the moment.

Bowen looked around the side of Haiku and smiled at his raven. "Hello." She didn't see companions as inferior like some wolves did. They were just different creatures working together. Like He and She worked with mom. "I like your bird friend. I don't have a companion yet, but I hope that I can find one soon. Where did you find yours?" Ears flicked forward as she fixed the brown and white boy with a hopeful gaze.

Haiku

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

12-17-2020, 04:28 PM
He wouldn’t call himself a hero but when Bown told him she had been afraid for her life, maybe he should have been. Haiku reiterated in his mind that he had only done what was right, meeting another pup like Bowen was worth it. Her smile was enough of a reward for the young boy. ”I’m glad I was in the right place at the right time.” He told her with a good natured smile on his features. ”Thank you,” he told her for her warm welcome. She talked a lot a lot, but Haiku hung on her every word. His cheeks flushed again as she hinted at a reward. ”Oh, I don’t need a reward, I’m just glad you’re alright.” He assured her, again feeling the spot light on him.

He was so used to being half of a whole, he didn’t often garner much attention on his own. Thankfully her attention was swiftly drawn to Prose, who liked the attention. The white bird craned her neck so she could better see around Haiku’s neck as the girl spoke to her. Prose cracked her beak in greeting and Haiku introduced them. ”This is my raven, Prose.” The raven knew when she was needed and hopped over his head with an effortless fluttering of wings and stood before the caramel girl. ”She’s the daughter of my dad’s ravens. We met when we were really little.” He told her, he’d not found her anywhere. When they were very little they’d been introduced to their lifelong companion. ”Where do you think you’d find a companion?” He asked her with a tilt of his head, Rhyme had two birds why couldn’t Haiku?

Bowen

The Hallows
Wayfinder

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

12-26-2020, 03:58 PM
Bowen's little tail continued to wag as Haiku said he didn't need a reward. "Well thank you anyway." She was still excited, but was now calming down considerably. The big boy was happy that she was alright and Bowen warmed inside. Her pale cheeks became slightly flushed and her lashes lowered. A strange feeling went through her and she didn't know how to describe it, but it was nice.

As the conversation shifted to the bird who hopped down and moved towards Bowen. Prose was her name and boy was she friendly! Bowen hunkered down onto her belly so she could look the raven in the eye. "Hello, Prose! You're a very pretty bird." She smiled at the feathered lady before looking back up to Haiku. "I'm not sure where I'll find one, but I sure hope I do." It would be nice to have a friend that stayed with her. Someone to hunt treasure with and to talk to.

Still laying on her pale little belly, Bo looked up to Haiku. "So what are you going to do now, Haiku?" Now that he'd saved the day, he didn't need to stick around, but he surely could. She wouldn't mind that one bit. It was nice to make new friends.