Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
12-26-2020, 06:07 PM

It was the middle of the night, but he couldn’t sleep. After the council meeting he had left feeling more than a little irritated by the boy’s words and that sadly drowned out the nervous excitement he had towards the pack potentially moving in the spring. He wanted to focus on the job they would have ahead of them of preparing for the winter and getting the pack ready for the new journey ahead of them. Instead, he was sitting outside of their den near the top of the falls brooding about the audacity of that dark male.

At the same time... at what point did he have to follow through as a high ranking member of this pack and make sure that his fiancé was doing the same level of work that the rest of them were? It wasn’t that he wanted her to have any special treatment, but he knew how hard she was working to be a good mother for their children. In his mind at least that more than made up for her slight absence in the day to day workings of the pack, but then he thought of Tamsyn who had as many children as them - technically more now that they had adopted a couple more - and how she had gotten back into doing patrols. But Azariah wasn’t a fighter and going to gather herbs and the like would take her away from their pups longer than a patrol would...

A heavy sigh passed his lips and he looked down toward the water in front of his paws. He didn’t know what the right answer was and he didn’t want to burden Azariah with what Askan had said, but he also knew that she could see right through any sort of facade he tried to put on.

"Talk"

Azariah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Volcano
12-26-2020, 07:31 PM
Azariah found it hard to sleep most nights, worrying one of the babies would wake up needing her. She still saw them as tiny defenseless little beings who needed her to be present at all times. They were special to her, more than just a continuation of Ulric and herself, the children symbolized hope. For so long she thought herself to be infertile because of Lucifer's attempts without success, but Ulric had succeeded where the demon lord could not. She had five perfect children as a result, each beautiful and destined to be great at whatever they wanted to do. The monochrome witch was proud of them and fiercely protective. Ulric had gone to a council meeting earlier in the evening, so when she heard his paws on the ground outside their den, she wasn't alarmed or nervous. Her love didn't enter, which had Azariah on her paws and heading outside without hesitation. Something bothered him, she could tell as soon as she laid eyes on him. More than a few anxious assumptions ran through her mind, but she kept herself calm somehow. "Everything okay, love?" She asked gently, her way of telling him to spill whatever was on his mind. Ruby eyes warmly caressed him, and she gave a reassuring smile. What could possibly make him look so torn?

Click character icon to see their profile.
Discord Bird#1780 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!
Bite Warning! Azariah will bite out of fear or anxiety, please be careful with her!
Ulric Adravendi & Fam may crash any of Azariah's threads regardless of tags! <3

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
12-26-2020, 09:28 PM

He heard the sound of footsteps behind him and when he glanced over his shoulder he saw Azariah approaching him as if his thoughts alone had summoned her. He pulled a small smile onto his lips at her question and reached out with one large forelimb to pull her into his side, holding her in a tight embrace. “You should be asleep,” he told her at first, avoiding her question for a moment while he nuzzled the top of her head and gave her ears an affectionate lick. Of course her insistent ruby gaze told him that there was no escaping her questioning and he’d have to reveal what was going on eventually.

He sighed softly and looked back out at the falls for a moment. “One of the fighters at the council meeting got under my skin,” he admitted with a flick of his ear. ”He was blaming certain wolves in the pack for not contributing to the pack... and brought you up specifically.” He frowned again at the thought. He wouldn’t bring up specifically how Askan had addressed her since his rudeness was another story altogether. Although, even if Askan had found a more tactful way to say that Azariah hadn’t been active in the pack Ulric still thought he would have been put off by the assumption.

He looked back down at Azariah again, giving her another soft smile. “I told them that you’ve been busy with the pups and that I’ve been working to make up for it, but... I’m not sure if that was sufficient for him.”

"Talk"

Azariah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Volcano
12-29-2020, 12:46 AM
He reached for her and she gave no resistance when he scooped her up, burying her head into his chest and inhaling softly to gather his scent. She loved the smell of him, if she could live in his coat she probably would, and move the kids in with her. A smile worked at the porcelain corners of her mouth, his avoidance of her not unnoticed, but she didn't remark on it. "I should be asleep, but I find that hard to do without you." Looking up to him, ruby meeting silver, she gave him a kiss then sat back and relaxed against his side. Azariah knew she only had to be patient and he would tell her, and he didn't disappoint. Listening carefully, she could see how the male got under her soon to be husband's skin. When he explained, she could feel a small stab of pain and guilt in her heart.

He had defended her as any good husband would, but he doubted it was enough to placate the other member who singled her out. She wasn't here to please the other pack members, she was here for Ulric. Resin had asked what she needed to ask of her, and she would do it. Though, Azariah knew if enough members began to speak out against her, Resin would not be happy. "My love...Thank you for defending me, but...If he thinks such things of me, it's only a matter of time before Resin does too. He is right, I need to worry over the children and do my duty as a pack wolf. It's unfair of me to expect others to work so hard for me to stay at home with the children, at least not all of the time." The witch was smart, she wasn't going to risk the wrath of Resin, Azariah was not a fighter. She did her best to reassure him with a smile, "It's okay to be called on our mistakes, how else will we know to fix them?" Another kiss was given, this time to his cheek, "Now, on to more pleasant business...All the babies are asleep..." She gave him a flirtatious smile, her eyes screaming mischief.

Bite Warning! Azariah will bite out of fear or anxiety, please be careful with her!

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

1KCritical Hit!
12-29-2020, 02:33 AM

He had been worried over how she would take the news, but she surprised him with how well she rolled with the punches. His expression softened while he listened to her reasoning and he gave her a proud smile. He knew that moving into a pack had been fully his idea and dream and she had been so incredibly patient and understanding about adjusting to this life style. It had been a lot to ask of her and yet she seemed to take it all in stride. He certainly couldn't blame her for wanting to spend all of her time with the pups - he would do that himself if given the chance - but he was still glad that she was willing to compromise so that he wouldn't have to be in the tough situation of having to force her to do so. He still disliked how Askan addressed the issue, but at least it gave him the chance to bring it up with Azariah before someone else did.

Just when he thought that their little, impromptu late night meeting couldn't have gone more smoothly, she went on to mention that their children were all sleeping and brought up some more "pleasant business" which certainly got his attention immediately. A grin pulled across his lips with a rumbling chuckle and he brought his other foreleg around her, pulling her up against his stomach and chest as he cradled her smaller frame to his, his silver gaze shining with the same mischievous glint as her own. "You don't have to tell me twice..." he told her before absolutely covering her in as much affection as he could possibly muster. Her face, ears, cheeks, muzzle, and neck were all covered in kisses, licks, and nibbles. No inch of her that he could reach went untouched as he let himself savor and enjoy his love, letting all of the stress from the day fall away and slip completely out of mind. Her floral scent completely filled his senses in the most delectable way. Sometimes he felt like he got too caught up in the day to day life and the work he was putting in to help build this pack that he missed out on moments like these, just loving the wolf that had changed his life and given him the most precious gifts he could ever imagine.

Once he was satisfied that he had given her as many kisses as she could stand he relented with a grin, giving her one last kiss on her lips before finally releasing her. Once she was back on her feet he stood as well, giving a little nod for her to follow him as he led her off toward the forest that surrounded the top of the Sunset Falls. He knew from all of his patrols around the territory that there was a spot in the trees that was close enough to their den that if something were to happen they would hear the pups calling for them, but was far enough away that they wouldn't be seen by the others. They came to a secluded grove of trees and he found a pile of fallen leaves that had gotten swept together between a trio of trees, giving them a natural bed of sorts. It was makeshift at best, but he didn't care. All of his attention was wrapped up in Azariah. He flopped down into the leaves with a rumbling laugh, giving her a bright grin as he patted the spot beside him for her to join him.

"Talk"

Azariah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Volcano
12-29-2020, 10:06 AM
She understood what was required of her, and she regretted that she had brought negative attention to them, but she couldn't bring herself to feel apologetic for spending all of her time watching over their five pups. Azariah was a level-headed individual when her anxiety and social issues weren't acting up, and she was happy it was Ulric coming to talk to her and not someone else. Most likely, if it had been anyone else, she would have gotten defensive. If she had been at the meeting, she would have bolted. It couldn't be denied that her feelings were a bit hurt, but she understood. The needs of the many outweighed the wants of the few. Azariah didn't want to dwell on it anymore, and she was glad when Ulric swept her into a full embrace. Laughing with delight, Azariah allowed herself to fall into him and be showered with kisses and the like. She returned his exuberant affection where ever it was possible, whenever she could, but mostly she couldn't help giggling.

Without hesitation, she followed her heart to his little grove, waving her tail as he flopped into the pile of leaves and smiling brightly. He made her so happy she thought her heart would burst from the joy. She would get right with the pack, start doing a better job at being a member. It would be different to go back to work and balance her home, but she knew she had it in her. No matter how exhausting it might prove to be. Ulric patted the spot next to him in the leaves, causing Azariah's grin to grow wider and - if possible - brighter as she moved to join him. She leaped at him, her tail waving happily behind her as she mock-charged at him in a playful bow, spraying leaves at him as though she splashed him with water. When she was close enough, she gently nipped his ear and rolled into his reach, laughing the entire time. She was tense, and a play date with her fiance was what she needed most.

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

1KCritical Hit!
12-31-2020, 02:49 PM

He watched with a wide, lopsided grin as Azariah leapt toward him and straight into the pile of leaves. His deep, rumbling laughter joined hers and for the first time in a very long time he was completely relaxed. There was always so much on his mind between his family and the pack and his worries over both of them that it had been hard for him to turn it off at the end of the day. This was just what the doctor ordered - some ridiculous, silly fun alone with this beautiful woman that held his whole heart. When she nipped at his ear and rolled into his reach, he scooped her up into his embrace and rolled with her till she was perched on top of him. He gazed up at her lovingly, enjoying the view of her lovely face framed by a background of stars and tree branches. His large paws wrapped around her sides and held her steady there while he leaned up to leave a tender kiss on her lips.

"I love you so much, you know that?" he told her softly once their laugher had faded into relaxed chuckles and giggles while they exchanged gentle kisses and nibbles. His paw came up to brush her cheek, his touch gentle and careful like she was the most precious thing in his life - which was mostly true, perhaps only tied with their children. A thought crossed his mind as he thought about their relationship and their future and he felt a bit of guilt twist in his gut. "I'm sorry we haven't gotten to have our wedding yet, my love... With all of the things happening with the pack and our surprise with the pups I think it fell to the wayside and that's not fair to you. You deserve more attention than I've been able to give you." He knew she would probably insist that he was being ridiculous and hard on himself, but it was true. Nothing should come above his family, even the pack.

"How about..." he said as he gave her a gentle squeeze in his embrace, "We take the pups to the Mangroves and we have a little wedding there? Just us, the pups, and my mother? My mother can do the ceremony for us and I'm sure she'd be thrilled to see them again." He had brought Roza into the packlands for just a brief visit before the pups even had their eyes open, but with how busy they had been he hadn't had a chance to arrange another visit. What better reason for a visit than a happy occasion like a wedding? He waited expectantly for Azariah's reaction, wondering if that would suit her or if she would want a more grand affair. Either way he would move the world to give her what she wanted.

"Talk"