Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
02-15-2021, 05:10 PM
The corners of Tyrian's mouth slowly rose higher as the meaning of Lachlan's words settled in fully. He shot a glance in the direction Tashi had gone and then turned a wily eye back to Lachlan. There was that blush again. "I can think of a few places." The thought of curling up somewhere with Lachlan was an appealing one. If he were being honest it was one of the first things he'd thought of upon seeing him in the Orchard. The bear had ultimately stolen the limelight as bears tended to do, but Tyrian had been elated with the turn of events. That party on the beach had been wild from the start and he'd gotten caught up in a whirlwind of activity, and loved every second of it. And yet...somehow the night ending so quietly and gently wasn't a disappointment for him.

"But we'll have time to decide later." Lachlan wished to get back to the meal first so that was what Tyrian was going to do. "Let's see," he said saucily, "Where were we before we were so rudely interrupted? Ah, I think we were about to embark on some casual conversation." He moved to the edge of the makeshift picnic blanket, settled down and used his claws to pull a bit of lamb closer. After that he fixed a knowing look on Lachlan, intent on leaning into the slightly meta position they found themselves in. "So what brings you to these parts? I wasn't sure I'd ever see you again."
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
02-15-2021, 05:58 PM
Tyrian wasn’t offended at his sudden thought in the least, in fact it seemed like his grin widened as his stormy eyes shifted to the langur’s stall and then back to his own icy gaze. The way he answered only encouraged the flush of red skin on his features and he averted his gaze bashfully to the platter of food their attention was returning to. He tried not to focus on the thought of where their night might lead for now, as Tyrian went on he mentioned how much time they’d have to decide.

Lach looked back up at Tyrian as he mentioned their lost conversation and made himself comfortable. Lach blushed some more, but now that they were kind of alone again he hadn’t really gained his normal color back. He settled close by and picked his own piece of lamb to enjoy before his gaze fluttered up to Tyr. He took in a steadying breath, trying to even remember why he’d been in the orchard besides his debating about trying to find the man before him once more. He honestly hadn’t thought he would see Tyrian again either, not after that night.

”I..” He didn’t want Tyrian to feel sorry for him, but he didn’t want to lie to him either. He tried to lay out the facets of his life that led him to the orchard. That he wanted to see him again. ”I’ve lost my home recently.” He didn’t know if Tyrian knew about Lirim’s collapse or not. ”Not that my paws haven’t always been restless but, I didn’t have anywhere else to be and I knew you were from Fireside…” Lachlan trailed off, the unspoken words hanging on his pale lips. ”So I poked that bear to get your attention.” He grinned playfully as the ache in his head reminded him of the disaster he could have faced today.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
02-15-2021, 09:22 PM
Tyrian schooled his expression into a careful neutral the moment he started to get the feeling Lachlan's answer was going to be a serious one. He hadn't expected a serious answer and if he had known he was asking for trouble he would have started with something else, if only to keep Lachlan's mood buoyed and to steer them clear of any awkwardness. Not that he was unsympathetic to Lachlan's troubles. He was and he wanted him to be well and happy in all things as Lachlan just felt deserving, but from experience he knew how hard it could be to lift a conversation out of solemnity and he didn't wish that on Lachlan either.

"Oh? I'm sorry to hear it..." But was he, really, as it opened up the possibility of recruiting Lachlan to Fireside should their relationship progress further... Tashi had introduced him to a tongue in cheek term for when one group recruited the member of another group and caused them to leave home. 'Sheep stealing' it was called and it was, to the budding sheep farmer, a good term as he mostly had no qualms with being a sheep stealer himself. Both of the woolly variety and the wolven. But working an unattached wolf was easier than an attached one so he'd take his "sheep" honestly whenever the chance arose.

The sudden swing away from the solemn pulled a surprise laugh from Tyrian. Lachlan, it seemed, could handle solemnity better than Tyrian."I knew it," he said as though vindicated. "No one squares up with a bear without an ulterior motive."
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

02-15-2021, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 07:20 AM by Lachlan.)
Tyrian spoke his condolences, his expression had shifted from amused revelry to a more neutral concern. Lachlan hadn’t intended to bring the conversation down, but he wanted Tyrian to know him. He wouldn’t hide the facets and struggles he went through to get him to where he was right now. If Lirim still stood he wouldn’t have been right here with Tyrian right now. He hated that he had to give up his home, but he found the silver lining and he was going to cling to it. He didn’t yet know what kind of opportunities might arise with the closed door of his family’s pack.

However, even the sharp King could not predict the note that Lachlan finished on, and the red marked boy grinned brightly as Tyrian laughed unexpectedly. His lobster like blush didn’t go anywhere, and Lach continued to sport his bashful smile as Tyrian finally found victory in his earlier suspicions, even if it was all in jest.

”I was just trying to impress you I guess,” he said as though trying to save face. His bright icy gaze searching Tyr’s features as he spoke. ”I don’t think it counts since you had to save me.” He chuckled at his own deprecating humor. He hadn’t backed down from the bear, he just wasn’t a great match up for an ursine bigger than he was. However embarrassed Lachlan was, and he wouldn’t admit this thought, being a damsel in distress hadn’t been completely unpleasant.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
02-16-2021, 06:19 PM
Tyrian speared a bit of bear with his claws and popped it in his mouth. The flavor burst across his tongue as he chewed and he couldn't help but pat himself on the back over it. He'd done good. Or Tashi had, but he was going to take credit for it since he'd hunted it and helped with the preserving process as best as a thumbless creature could. The bear meat had turned out nicely and he was pleased to be able to offer it. It wasn't going to be a staple but from now on any nuisance bear better watch out and think twice about eying his sheep.

He hummed to himself as Lachlan mentioned fighting the bear to impress him. And yes, Tyrian did scare it off in the end, but Lachlan hadn't known he was there in the beginning. When Tyrian had come across him he was squaring up with the bear and looked like he was ready to commit to a fight. "Oh, I'm sorry, which one of us squared up with the bear first because it looked like if I hadn't shown up you were gonna eat that thing alive," he said with a small smile.

Lachlan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Vail

02-16-2021, 08:35 PM
Lachlan enjoyed every morsel that Tyrian laid out for him, the bear was incredible though. Much better than he expected, and for a moment he wondered if he’d get another chance at the rare meat. He thought that maybe he could see a future where Tyrian wasn’t a stranger. One where he could get the King’s attention by merely strolling down to the barn. The thought warmed him even as Tyr went on to do so with his words.

He didn’t particularly agree with Lach’s words, and the young Valentine brought his gaze up to his dark features as he spoke. Lachlan was touched at the playful words, they built him up without fluff or untruths. He hadn’t been encouraged like that in a very long time, and the emotions that rolled over his body threatened to overwhelm him. Lachlan’s grin widened and his blush darkened.

”Maybe I should have,” Lach chuckled bashfully. ”Bear is good eating.” He grinned up at Tyr again before he reached a pale paw over to grab another meaty morsel. Trying to be sly he’d look up to Tyrian innocently, enjoying the bear maybe a little too much as he did so. The bold actions didn’t help hs blush nor do anything to slow the beating of his racing heart.