size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
01-18-2021, 06:03 PM

Aranea still worked hard to pull her weight with The Hallows. It was important for her to do well under the pack and under her alphas. Even if she wasn't a shining star of the pack or seemed anything great at that. After their move, she had a harder time adjusting to their new home. She knew some of the lands of Auster considering she had lived here at one time, and she was comfortable with the wolves inside the pack even though she hadn't gotten to know any other than a select few. But it was hard being so far away from Allegro and her children. And it probably showed even with how hard she worked to get the pack settled and still go out to keep the herb stores stocked.

She walked the corridors and rooms of the castle, in search of Resin. She knew around the area her and Tamsyn claimed their den, but she wasn't sure the exact spot yet. Everyone had been busy settling in, so she was a bit distracted with her own things on her mind. Leaving her children, Allegro's offer to have her live in Abaven, and Nuada's attack and disappearance. She couldn't help but think she was causing trouble for more than herself, but she tried not to linger on it too much. She was trying to be better emotionally and she had improved, but it was an up and down roller coaster all the time. She called out to Resin as she walked down the path towards where she saw her last.

Walk "Talk" Think

Aranea has a british accent. Threads can produce a Depression Trigger.

(Ar-en-ay-ah Har-per Lah-or-ee)

Scent: Lavender
Alignment: Neutral Good
Season: Summer
Height: 26 inches
Home: Somnium - Dead

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

Samhain 2022The Ooze Participant
01-19-2021, 06:19 AM

It didn't take Resin long to find her favorite place in the castle. The very top of the structure was one large stone platform with a lip of wall running its perimeter. One of the stone gargoyles had long since crumbled on one of its bases and it was large enough for the ashen woman to lay upon comfortably. She found herself braving the wind and heights to simply rest and survey her lands from up high. She felt much more at home in this place than she had in the hot springs and falls. It took her back to both good times and bad. Reminded her of what she'd accomplished and what she'd overcome. Each little event was a building block that brought her to this very moment.

An echoing voice reverberated up the stone passageway leading to the battlements. The black and grey woman curled her neck around, looking towards the stairway. "Here," she called out. There was no wind today and so her voice would carry down the stairwell, hopefully reaching whoever was looking for her.

"Speech"

[Image: GreYdcM.gif]

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
01-19-2021, 09:31 AM

Resin would call out and Aranea would immediately move towards her voice to not leave her waiting especially considering she was the one seeking Resin out after all. Her steps were gentle as she approached Resin, taking a seat beside her as they both went to rest. Though Aranea still had some anxiety addressing Resin herself, mostly because most wolves especially larger ones were intimidating to her. But she still found a heart and protection within Resin and her devotion to her pack and it's purpose.

"Hello Resin." She greeted kindly, "I haven't had much time to talk to you about my place in the pack." It was common duty to find where your strengths lay and purse from them. Aranea was a special case considering shortly after her joining she went to Abaven to birth her pups. But she still wanted Resin and the rest the pack to see her as something worthy inside. "I consider myself a pronounced healer. But I also know about the land as well, I've traveled and resided in almost all of Boreas and Auster." She definitely felt herself seeking to help others with their physical or emotional aliments though, so she would strongly accept the role of a healer if it was granted to her. "Luta is the most experienced healer here, no? I'd like to meet with her soon and maybe discuss how I can help her in any way she needs."

Walk "Talk" Think

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

01-23-2021, 04:36 AM

The ashen woman was a little surprised that Aranea was the one seeking her out. She assumed that the demure woman would still be personalizing her own space within the castle like the rest of the pack were still doing. There was ample room within the place for each wolf to have their own space. Resin's own family had claimed an entire wing of the castle. The pups could have their own rooms, or more than one if they wished. She and Tamsyn had claimed a massive chamber for themselves. Hauling firewood up to it was a chore and so Resin had been burning human books when necessary.

Dark ears perked as the pallid woman began to speak. Aranea laid out her skills and made mention of the knowledge that she possessed of the land. The small woman wanted to confer with Luta. Resin didn't know what any of this had to do with her. If Aranea wished to speak to Luta, she could go right ahead and do so. There was nothing stopping her and she didn't need permission. So what else could she possibly want?

Clearing her throat, Resin addressed the woman seated beside her. "Healers are always needed. If you wish to confer with Luta, you're free to do so. We're going to need extensive gardens to be constructed when we're able." Resin wanted the pack to be as self sufficient as possible. Especially since they were so far removed from other packs.

Resin arched one scarred brow. "Was there anything else on your mind?" Aranea had to be seeking her out for a specific purpose. She wondered when they would cut to the chase and lay out just what that purpose was.

"Speech"

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
01-24-2021, 07:11 PM

Aranea would nod her head to Resin's reply, but she wasn't really asking permission or advice to speak to Luta. She would consider her next outings to collect herb plants to start gardening as Resin had suggested though, and her mind was always in the set to help out her pack and have her pack mates rely on her in any situation.

"I just wanted to let you know where my skills lie so you know how the pack can depend on me." Her voice was gentle, but she still felt that slight intimidation of Resin herself. Whether it was an outward feeling was unknown to her. But she couldn't help her own natural anxieties, and it was hard for her to really break down the wall of nervousness and get to know at least Resin for now.

"Something else has been on my mind though." She had taken a few seconds to announce, wondering if she should really tell Resin her feelings on the offer that was made to her, "Allegro, my pup's father, he offered for me to live in Abaven. But I'm not sure if I want to proceed with that yet." Her mind was back and forth and troubling, and it should have been obvious through her tone if one paid attention to that kind of emotion in a wolf they didn't really know. "I like being here in The Hallows, and I like the practice of the pack overall. It's what I want for myself but my heart seems to be torn and left back in Abaven too."

Walk "Talk" Think

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-01-2021, 03:00 AM

Aranea spoke again of her skills. Skills which Resin already knew of. She wanted it to be known that she was dependable as well. The giant woman arched one brow. "I am aware that you're dependable." Aranea had returned after giving birth to her children in Abaven. She had held to her word and had trekked countless miles away to be with her pack instead. Resin had no doubt of her loyalty.

It seemed that this wasn't all that was on the woman's mind. She continued to speak, this time bringing up the children that Resin had just been thinking of. She adjusted her gaze so that she could look fully on the smaller fae. Dark ears perked, listening to the inner turmoil that had been plaguing the woman. Once Aranea was done speaking, Resin mulled her words over for a moment. She was feeling torn about leaving her children behind. That was to be expected. She would not leave her own children behind, but she had in the past. There were certain decisions that had to be made. Sacrifices for the greater good.

In the end, Resin replied. "Do what you feel you need to do." The Hallows would be fine without Aranea, though they would be stronger with her. If her attention was going to be divided and she was making herself miserable though, she might as well go join Abaven and be whole. Whatever choice the woman made, that choice was her own.

"Speech"

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
02-05-2021, 10:44 AM

Though Resin seemed a little less... stale or cold in her tone, Aranea still wanted something more from her. Whether is was anger from her considering to leave the pack or true understanding of her feelings for wanting to be with her children didn't matter to Aranea. Though it wasn't anything personal, Aranea just wanted more direction or guidance from others. But maybe that wasn't a superior trait of hers. Why should she look to others for approval or help? With her older age too she should know by now that she needed to just do what she wanted for herself, and not look to others for their feelings towards the matter.

Still, she wouldn't share these feelings with her alpha. Usually her emotions were a bit exaggerated anyway. She couldn't really help it as much as she wanted to. "Thank you for your support, Resin." Regardless of how her odd hurt emotions seemed to be apparent at the front of her mind, she couldn't deny that Resin's understanding was appreciated. "I would like to bring them here someday to visit. If that's alright with you of course."

Walk "Talk" Think

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-08-2021, 05:48 AM

Stale. Cold. Whatever you wanted to call it, Resin didn't. She was a wolf of few words. Stoic and businesslike, all interactions should have a purpose. She was still trying to find the purpose of this discussion. So far Aranea wanted her leader to know that she was dependable. Okay, it was noted. She was torn between The Hallows and Abaven. That was noted as well. Was she not just given permission to do as she saw fit? Why then did she still have that look of discomfort on her face? Wolves liked to talk in circles for the sake of feelings and emotions. It was as though they wanted the other to read their minds so that they didn't have to say it. Well... Resin wasn't like that.

Aranea asked if she could bring her children to visit some day and the ashen fae nodded. "Of course. Your children and their father are welcome to visit whenever you wish." Did the woman really think she would be denied her family? The ban on litters was to protect the pack. They could not care for so many tiny, hungry mouths. Visiting wouldn't take nearly as many resources.

The rest of the pack knew her by now but it seemed that Aranea did not. Resin still didn't know what she wanted, so the best course of action was to come right out and ask. Turning her head, she fixed the smaller woman with her full, golden gaze. "Speak plainly, Aranea. What do you want?" She wasn't being dismissive or cold. She was simply getting straight to the point.

"Speech"

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
02-08-2021, 09:47 AM

"Thank you." She stated again, with a wag of her tail though still stiff and on edge for really no reason at all. Aranea could't help how she felt, but there was really no reason for her to feel this way. Resin no doubt was a good and kind leader, even in her more serious tone. And Aranea wouldn't really be sure what to say as Resin pointed out her anxiety. Aranea felt almost embarrassed that it was that obvious, or simply that Resin was just trying to help her feel more at ease.

"I uh- know Tamsyn just a bit more than I know you, or most of my pack mates here. But I'd like that to change." Her tone definitely seemed a bit rushed as she spat out words and wasn't entirely sure what all she was even saying. But she moved on from her word vomit, "I just wanted to address I feel like I should be labeled as a Sage rank. But I am willing to help out in anyway I can aside from that." It was why she sought out Resin, and she didn't intend to be emotional or awkward, or whatever else she was feeling. "But it felt good to talk about the other stuff on my mind." She would go to rise while looking down at Resin, as if she was done with what she had to say for now. If Resin didn't want her to linger that was fine with her, but she wouldn't be opposed to staying to chat either, even though she felt she had chatted too much already.

Walk "Talk" Think

Resin

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Res

02-08-2021, 06:02 PM

The woman's nervous nature was making Resin's brow furrow more and more. Soon her face might very well turn inside out. Aranea's hesitancy stemmed from not knowing the ashen woman, it seemed. Well... she would have to learn Resin's demeanor eventually. She was almost always like this. The only time her disposition shifted was in the presence of family.

In time Aranea stated the exact reason for this discussion. She wanted a promotion. Good. That was something that Resin could work with. "I encourage everyone to ask for promotions if they feel that they're deserving of them." But she didn't just hand out ranks left and right. A wolf must be tested first. "Report to Luta. Share your knowledge with her and if she tells me that you're ready for a promotion, you'll have it." The woman gave her head a slight tilt. "Acceptable?"

"Speech"

Aranea

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Beevent
02-27-2021, 06:06 PM

Everything Resin said was understanding to Aranea. Surely this is how the structure of any pack would work. And where Resin had stated there was no doubt that Aranea was dependable, she still had to show her skill and commitment to what she wanted to be. "That definitely seems reasonable." It would be wrong for Resin to give out ranks simply because they weren't filled, but it would also be unfair for her to ignore any hard working pack members, which most seemed to pull their own weight plus some here in The Hallows. She felt it was a lot to live up to, to have the rest of the pack depend on her in a time of need. But she was seasoned by this time in her life, and when the time came she knew she wouldn't let Resin or the pack down.

While she was still standing, she would look back to Resin's face with a gentle pull into her chest, "Thank you again Resin. The support you are able to give the pack is appreciated." She was a just ruler in the eyes of Aranea, even if technically The Hallows wasn't meant to have a one and only Alpha. She knew how to keep things fair and at peace, and her family and the pack seemed to be of great importance to her either way. Aranea would respect her greatly, even if she didn't really know her all that well personally. Her next step would be to flourish on her own, and find her place side by side among the wolves of The Hallows.

-Exit Aranea-

Walk "Talk" Think