Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze Participant
01-29-2021, 01:43 PM

The problem with going on an adventure to another pack, was that you learnt how that pack worked. Ru had learnt that some parents let their kids wonder when they were only a few months old! Deathbelle and Sirius had each raised their kids with a ton of freedom.

So why couldn’t Ru go out and have a few adventures of his own? He wanted to go to parties, and have fun. Instead, he had to have a babysitter if he went anywhere. Like… like a baby

His parents thought he was a baby.

It was a sunny morning and he caught Rhyme doing patrols near the border. He marched up to his dad with his warrior face on, words churning in his head, and the moment he stopped in front of his dad, and puffed his puppy body up, he started. No context needed, right? Parents were suppose to be mind readers.

“Dad it’s not fair! your oppressing me. You're stunting my growth. I want to go out and have adventures too. I want to be a cold kid. Don’t you want me to be a cool kid?” he stopped for half a minute to take a breath, a good point for his dad to butt in if he wanted to, before his next torrent began.

[Image: MKb4sWY.png]

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
02-02-2021, 07:36 AM
Rhyme was very much aware of the age his youngest children were getting to. Their yearling mark was only just around the corner and he could barely believe it the truth. He could have sworn just yesterday they were being allowed out of the den for the first time. The old man wasn’t going to be able to keep them under his wing of protection for much longer. Those thoughts led to memories of some of the darkest days of his life. When Motif had been taken, about the time she turned into a yearling herself. When Rhyme had been about a yearling was when he and Rhythm were abducted.

It seemed like Senryu had similar thoughts on his mind, and Rhyme was patrolling the border; his very tall son was quick to seek him out. Rhyme had long realized the differences between his two almost twin sons so he had no doubt it was Sen that approached serious faced and determined. He spoke, like he’d read Rhyme’s mind, of his eventual freedom and how stifled he felt.

This was going to need more than a passing word to his son. He was so young, and had no idea the horrors and tragedies he was spared. Dark brows knit as Rhyme sighed and reclined back onto his haunches. ”If you mean protecting my young son, then yes. You are very… oppressed. He refrained from chuckling, he didn’t want to be demeaning. Sen was just as wild as Ruin, so how best to explain himself? ”Senryu you haven’t been allowed out on your own because you haven’t proven your strength yet. It’s more dangerous out there than you think…” He trailed off as he refrained from reciting what he had been through. ”I need to know you're prepared.”

senryū

The Hallows
Hallowed

Beginner Fighter (0)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze Participant
02-27-2021, 12:52 AM

Ru made a face. He had had enough of being protected to last him a life time. He wanted to have adventures, and get into trouble. He wanted to make friends that weren’t family, and see what life could have in store for him. He wanted to learn and grow, why couldn’t his dad understand that/.

He was never going to be an epic warrior under his dad's watchful eye. But when his dad started to speak… his sullen manner lifted, and his head was raised. He looked at Rhyme with brighter eyes. oh that sounded like a challenge.

“I can prove myself, I can! What do you want me to do dad? I’ll do it! I’ll show you I can!” he promised. Anything to win himself some of that delicious freedom.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-04-2021, 08:35 AM
He knew that Sen didn't have the knowledge about the world that he should have, his big beautiful eyes were still so innocent. Ready to take on the world and everything in it. Rhyme knew better, there were unlimited untold dangers and he wasn't sure his youngest brood were ready to face those challenges. He told his son as much, but the boy, as usual, didn't believe his old father. Rhyme tried to remember a time when he had felt similarly, but when he felt the need to go out and adventure was about the time that Rhythm and himself had been taken from Imperium.

The old man sighed as Senryu got that look in his eye and he knew that there would be little debate with his son. "Sen..." Rhyme didn't know what to say. He hated the thought of letting his kids loose, but they were practically bursting at the seams already. "I don't think I'll ever be satisfied." He started honestly. "I love you so much, if something happened to you or your siblings..." He sighed again and shook his head.

"Alright son, you want to prove yourself." The grizzled warrior found his paws. "Prove yourself." Rhyme set his defenses and pulled back his lips to reveal his yellowing teeth, his message was clear.

senryū

The Hallows
Hallowed

Beginner Fighter (0)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze Participant
03-04-2021, 07:29 PM

He loved his family, he truly did. But lately, his eyes had been looking further afield, and his paws were antsy. He wanted to explore, and learn, and grow. It was all too easy for the young boy to bury that feeling of love below this new, delightful thought. Freedom

Daaaad He said, a whine entering his voice. Rhyme sounded so certain, proclaiming that he would never be satisfied, and he was too fearful of something happening to his kids. What could happen? Nothing bad ever happened in Abaven (at least not in his short life).

The whine fell away and he stood straighter once more as his father took him up on the challenge. He didn’t know if he would be able to convince his father, but the idea of trying only excited him. Grinning widely, he wiggled his butt, and brushed his paws against the earth, digging them in.

His body language likely screamed exactly what he was going to do long before he pounced. But when he did so, he let out a battle cry, and lunged for his fathers neck.

senryū Cavaliere-Klein vs Rhyme for spar
Round 1/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Companion 1: Common raven, Female - Battle
Mutation 1: Quill Whiskers - Defensive
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Intermediate Healer
Specialty: N/A

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-06-2021, 05:16 PM
He was putting more doubt in himself than in his children’s paws. Rhyme wasn’t sure he’d done a good enough job to say the kids were ready adults now. Perhaps he’d been fighting an uphill battle since they were born. They seemed to be born with a sense of adventure, and trying to quell their true nature would turn into nothing but heartache and strife. He knew he had to let them have their wings, even if the end results were unfortunate. Keeping them here under his watch was cruel, and Senryu needed to go experience his own hardships firsthand.

Rhyme was reminded of the pup that Senryu was as he whined in protest, but as the old timer took the boy seriously he seemed to straighten. Rhyme could see a glimmer of the man his son might one day be, and he felt himself grin inwardly as he offered a snarl outwardly. Rhyme wouldn’t be convinced that day was very long in coming as Sen wagged his butt and charged with a battlecry.

The old man ducked as the tall boy went for his throat. Rhyme could still move fast, but he was going to be feeling it afterwards. Using his momentum against him Rhyme would aim to shoulder the boy’s chest and drive the wind from his lungs.

Rhyme Cavaliere vs Senryū for Spar
Round 1 of 2
Age: (Only include: over 1 year, under 1 year, or under 6 months as applicable)
Size: Extra large
Companion 1: Northern Raven, Female - Flying
Companion 2: White Northern Raven, Male - Battle
Skills: Master Fighter & Expert Healer
Specialty: Weaponsmaster

senryū

The Hallows
Hallowed

Beginner Fighter (0)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze Participant
03-13-2021, 12:54 AM

He lunged at his father and was met, to his surprise, with a chest. Fighting Rhyme was nothing like fighting Ruin and Haiku. His father anticipated his moves with greater ease, and his larger, bulkier, adult frame was hard to move.

The breath went out of the boy, and he staggered, drawing air into his chest with no avail. He tried not to show his alarm, darting to the side of his father to buy himself time. Chest heaving, and vision swimming. No, he was an adult, he was ready. He had to prove himself. He had to. The next breath he sucked in fulled him, and he let out a snarl, turning back towards his father, and diving in.

This time, he didn’t try for frontal assault. He was adapting. He lunged forward, a faint, and then ducking ot the side. Going down Rhyme’s body, and lunging his teeth at the mands underbelly.

senryū Cavaliere-Klein vs Rhyme for spar
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Companion 1: Common raven, Female - Battle
Mutation 1: Quill Whiskers - Defensive
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Intermediate Healer
Specialty: N/A

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-13-2021, 06:28 AM
Rhyme’s attempts were successful and however much Sen was trying to hide the way he was breathing he couldn’t quite hide it from his father. Rhyme wouldn’t give it any attention, but he did hope Sen might take their tiny spar to heart. The old man refrained from going after his son as he took a moment to breathe. He should have kept the assault going, to really drive his point home to his young son. Maybe he would never realize what Rhyme needed him to know. Perhaps he would only learn through experience, Rhyme just hoped the lesson didn’t have any devastating effects.

Senryu did manage to collect himself and again attacked head on. Rhyme growled deeply, his defences ready. He wasn’t ready for Sen to divert and as he lunged for his scruff he came up with nothing as Sen went for his belly. Rhyme continued to growl but took advantage of his son’s lowered stature. He aimed to use his own greater girth to squish Sen’s head underneath him.

Rhyme Cavaliere vs Senryū for Spar
Round 2 of 2
Size: Extra large
Companion 1: Northern Raven, Female - Flying
Companion 2: White Northern Raven, Male - Battle
Skills: Master Fighter & Expert Healer
Specialty: Weaponsmaster

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
03-24-2021, 08:08 PM

And the winner is...

RHYME

SENYRU must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

SENRYU

Rolls: 26, 97, 38, 38
Adjusted rolls: 32.5, 116.4, 38, 38
Total: 224.90

RHYME

Rolls: 62, 88, 72, 67
Adjusted rolls: 83.7, 110, 72, 73.7
Total: 424.25