size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-03-2021, 02:05 PM
Indigo paced through the thick forest in silence as his mind raced on miles away from where he stood. The afternoon was cold, but the air was still in the woods, and Indy was unconsciously following the sound of the falls. It was peaceful in the woods, and a bit lonely. There didn’t seem to be a time that the massive yearling didn’t feel lonely though. He made no real connections in the pack, not that there hadn’t been effort put forth. Everyone was much older, or younger, or not a conversationalist.

The boy was getting used to the feeling, like a callus building up. There wasn’t but one in the world who knew how he felt right now, and that fact was held on tightly. Time would pass, and he’d get stronger in hiding and controlling his emotions as much as his skills. He was slowly working his way around Auster, learning it and the different plants that grew here. He could keep himself occupied and distracted, tamp down how much he missed Aslatiel. Ignore everything inside.

Dark paws halted as he crept to the edge of the falls. He was about halfway up the larger formation. Before him a deep dark pool before the next drop of water. Bright blue eyes took in the impressive scene as hundreds of thousands of gallons of water flowed past and onwards towards the ocean.

Warning: Indigo should be considered a Mature Character.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
02-08-2021, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 08:48 PM by Cosette.)

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone

As she moved further south, the weather became slightly less miserable, but she still felt the cold all the way in her bones. All she wanted to do was bury herself in a pile of plush furs, but she had none, nor did she have a home to keep them. It was times like these that she wished she hadn’t lost her mother and siblings when her former pack fell apart, she wished she had kept better track of them. Life was hard and she had not been prepared for any of the things that came with being on her own. She wondered if she had made a mistake in not taking up the offer to find the pack Valhalla, and moving south rather than north where they were located.

She followed the sound of rushing water, wanting to be in a place that reminded her of her former home. Those lands had been lush and green, nestled between two rivers that flowed into the ocean. This place, while pretty, wasn’t much like the place she came from. It was expected, but a small part of her was still disappointed, as silly as it was. There was one thing she noticed, though, that caught her attention.

The large man was covered in a deep purple shade, and while he looked nothing like any one she knew and was very clearly a stranger, there was a slight reminder of her home, and her violet and plum colored sisters that she used to be surrounded by at almost all times. Her tail wagged at her hips as she approached, slightly nervous to interrupt him if he was busy but unable to hold back the urge to socialize. "Hello..." She spoke shyly, peering up at him from a far enough distance to not invade his personal space.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-08-2021, 07:48 PM
He felt that if he stood here long enough the rushing water would take his problems on down the vast rivers with it. Indigo knew it was nonsense, but the smell of the freshwater and the feeling of the evergreen forest around him refreshed his soul. There was something about the sound of rushing water and the scent of the spray and wet moss that filled his nose. It was all magical and intoxicating and he welcomed the distraction with open arms. He’d remember this place, and perhaps do a bit of meditation. Maybe he could think more clearly.

Movement caught his attention, which was good because he wouldn’t have heard her over the falls. Bright eyes widened slightly in surprise, but he was always startled to come across another purple hued wolf. It was a pleasant surprise, and he wanted to do his best not to startle her in return. She was a tiny she wolf, younger than he was and obviously shy. She had to be lonely to have the bravery to approach him, but then again maybe she could sense Indy was only outwardly intimidating.

”Hello there,” he returned softly for how massive he was. Indy lowered himself to his belly, knowing how imposing he could be. ”I’m Indigo, do you need any help?” He asked, just to make certain. If she did he felt himself at attention to offer anything he could.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

02-08-2021, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 08:48 PM by Cosette.)

The stranger seemed surprised to see her, but didn’t appear to be put off by her approach which she took as a good start. He was massive and could have likely crushed her like a bug if he wanted to, but the tiny girl had always been a bit reckless in her endeavours to get attention. Not usually on purpose, but her desperation for company often outweighed the fear of potential consequences. He lowered himself though as he greeted her, further confirming in her mind that she’d picked a good stranger again. She smiled and sat, getting comfortable.

He asked her if she needed help and she took a moment to think. Did she need help? She wasn’t in danger, or hurt, but she was she lonely. Lonely and lost, with no real direction to work towards anymore. "Help? I don’t- I don’t think so. I guess you could say I’m lost, but there’s no place for me to find anymore, so I don’t know if it counts." She would need to figure out what exactly she was going to do from here on out, but she wasn’t sure how he’d be able to help her with that. "And it’s nice to meet you Indigo, I’m Cosette."

"Speech" || Thoughts

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-08-2021, 08:29 PM
Indy was out here to get away from the wolves in the Hallows. He appreciated all of the puppies and their sunny personalities, but sometimes. A lot of the time recently, he wanted to be on his own. Not that he was upset as the girl’s presence. She seemed shy and subdued, traits he sympathized with. She lowered her haunches and made herself comfortable, not bothered by his presence at all. The girl was interesting to say the least, her fur marked in gray and vivid violets. Indy was easily drawn to the rare wolf that shared the color of his pelt. It seemed she was too.

Indy was lonely, but he wasn’t lost in the sense he didn’t know where he was. Indigo was lost in life. Uncertain what path to take or where his passion lie. He’d been moved around so much in the last year that he no longer had any plants or a real teacher. He had no purpose. ”It’s nice to meet you, Cosette.” He returned with a deep bow of his head. Dark nose almost touching the earth. His brilliant blue gaze lifted back up to her, ”I could offer a meal, or a warm place to take a nap.” Indy wasn’t completely sure about his grandmother’s policies but he knew if he brought a stranger in need she wouldn’t be tuned away. ”Maybe help you figure out what you’re looking for.” And maybe he’d find what he needed in turn.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

02-08-2021, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 08:48 PM by Cosette.)

Even though Cosette herself had no clue what she needed, his offer seemed to be a good place to start. It was almost the same thing the other man had suggested to her not so long ago, but Indigo reminded her of some of the things she’d left behind. She was also often quite impulsive in her decision making, going with her gut rather than thinking much about the decisions she made. It had gotten her into trouble on several occasions, but so far she had made it out alive every time.

Her smile widened, and she nodded. "That would be wonderful, thank you." The small girl had been walking for a long, long time before she landed here, and a warm nap would feel absolutely heavenly. "Are you on your own, too?"

"Speech" || Thoughts

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-08-2021, 09:00 PM
Indigo was a healer and sometimes you needed to know how to heal the heart as well as the body. She was shy and seemed eager to his company despite the obvious dangers that decision could pose. Though he’d only met her Indy felt a little protective over the much smaller yearling. She was lost and alone, and in need of what he offered. Cosette perked visibly as he mentioned what he could provide off his cuff.

Surprisingly Indy found himself easily grinning back, he wanted to help. It was ingrained deep in his nature. If he could lift someone else up, that lifted him as well. He’d sunk into a deep dark place, but forgetting about the inky black surrounding him he could focus on the light from Cosette’s smile. ”Um, not technically.” He started softly, lifting himself to his feet. ”I'm part of a pack called the Hallows.” Indy really didn’t need to go into his complicated feelings about them. They were all good wolves, but he hadn’t really found the place he fit.

”Do you… Would you…” Indy stuttered softly as he nearly lost his nerve in asking. ”Like to ride?” She looked like she was wore out, and the thick fur along the ridge of his neck was soft and warm.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

02-09-2021, 11:20 PM

As he smiled back at her, her tail began to gently thump against the ground. She liked seeing others smile, and he had an especially nice smile. There had been very few people back home who had ever smiled at her like that, most of them had been harsh and rigid, wondering how someone like her mother had produced someone as soft and gentle as Cosette was. She’d always been the odd one out in her family, and never gave up trying to make them all happy, but it felt nice to not have that pressure on her shoulders anymore.

He explained he was park of a pack, not giving her many details about what it was like there, but she decided she liked Indigo and she didn’t think he would take her to some awful place. She stood with him, her muscles aching at the thought of more walking so soon, but his next offer seemed to solve that problem as well. Her eyes lit up at the idea, excitement rising in her chest like bubbles as she nodded eagerly. The fur on the back of his neck looked so plush and soft… She stepped towards him, hesitating as she reached his side, tipping her head up to look at his face. "Are you sure you don’t mind? I don’t want to be a nuisance."

"Speech" || Thoughts

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-10-2021, 08:45 AM
Indigo had a hard time smiling recently, he was learning to fake it like he’d been told, but finding a real smile on his features warmed him deeper than any winter fire. Much like Cosette he felt like the odd one out of his family since he was very young, he was always so much different. Besides Aslatiel, he had always shared a special connection with her. They were born together and always felt as though they were two parts of a greater whole and being without her severely damaged the yearling. He was huge and intimidating on the outside but inwardly Indigo was as delicate as a spring flower.

He wasn’t sure how she would react to his offer but she stood eagerly and scooted closer to him, all the while her elegant purple tail swayed at her hips. Shelooked up at him with her innocent features and though eager she spoke to her concern over him. She did not wish to be a nuisance. Indy rumbled deeply in his chest, his grin brightening for a moment.

”I don’t mind at all.” He assured her softly as he lowered himself again so she might climb up easier. ”I’ll barely notice you.” Indy went on to say. She was so tiny there wouldn’t really be any work in giving her a rest. He’d help her up if she needed it and once she was comfortable and secure he’d take them back towards the hallows.

”The Hallows is a good place to be going,” Indy mentioned almost off hand as he realized she’d need more than oh its a pack. ”My Grandmother, Resin, is the alpha and she built the pack with those who need help the most in mind.” He wasn’t trying to say she was needy, but just so she’d understand where they were going. ”Cosette?” He asked softly, slowing down so he could catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of his bright blue eye. ”Can I ask why you’re out here alone?” She was young, tiny, and vulnerable and he struggled to understand how anyone who cared about her could be okay with her being out in the dangers of the world.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

02-11-2021, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 12:43 PM by Cosette.)

He assured her that she wouldn’t be a bother and lowered himself to let her up. This time she didn’t hesitate in climbing up, struggling for only a moment before he helped her up. Once she was up, she settled herself quickly, gently wrapping her front legs around him and pressing her cheek into the plush fur on the back of his neck. Despite only having just met Indigo, Cosette felt safer than she had in a very, very long time.

They began to move and Cosette watched the world pass by as he began to tell her more about the Hallows. It sounded very different from where she used to live, like a place she would like a lot more than the place she used to be. "Your grandmother sounds nice." The idea of a pack made to help those who needed it was a new concept to her, but she liked that it seemed to be the opposite of her old pack.

She frowned slightly at his next question, not upset that he had asked, but the memories still made her sad, no matter how much she tried to ignore the melancholy feeling that settled in her chest each time she thought of it. "My old pack flooded. My mother took my sisters and I to find a new home, but she said anyone who couldn’t keep up would be left behind." She had been the smallest of her siblings by far, and had never excelled in any physical activities they way her sisters had. Her mother had told her that she needed to work twice as hard, and she had but it had never been enough for her to catch up to everyone else. "They all moved a lot faster than I could. I tried to track them, but it wouldn’t stop raining, and I was never really good at that anyways..." By the time she had realized her attempt to find them was hopeless, she was far from any place that looked even vaguely familiar and she wasn’t able to circle back to try and find someone else she knew.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-11-2021, 01:37 PM
She had a little difficulty in climbing so Indigo helped her as best he could, when he felt like she was balanced he would start moving. She settled in easily in his not quite mane and like Indy said, he could barely feel her weight on his shoulders. Cosette wrapped her arms around him and sank into his fur, he couldn’t guess anything other than she was comfortable. Indy chuckled lightly at her observation, Resin was a good wolf, but he didn’t know if ‘nice’ was the way he’d describe her.

”She looks, and admittedly is, intimidating.” He explained as he paced along quickly. ”But she has a big heart.” Indy spoke warmly and grinned back at her. He wasn’t sure the last time he hadn’t felt overwhelmed with his deep emotions. He wasn’t sure if it was being able to worry about her instead of himself, or if it was her presence, or perhaps a bit of both. Either way he felt rejuvenated with each step.

Not that he liked the look of her frown as he posed his question. Indy looked back forward as she began to speak, he didn’t want to pressure her. Cosette did explain, her voice soft and sad as she explained the flood and the harsh woman she called mother. Indy’s dark ears fell to his skull as he guessed where she was going. Cosette had been abandoned to die. A deep growl rumbled in his chest as he felt a spark of anger that anyone, especially her family, could leave such a beautiful smile behind.

”I won’t leave you behind.” He promised her, catching her eye over his shoulder. He didn’t know what she’d want to do, she was old enough to make her own decisions, but he also knew that Resin wouldn’t deny her entry into the pack, especially if he asked. Though he was a little shy to do that with his thoughts drifting to Rue and her terrible death.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

02-11-2021, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 02:17 PM by Cosette.)

Apparently his grandmother was intimidating, but if she was being honest, Indigo looked a bit intimidating, too. With his massive size, and his long teeth. "Good thing I don’t scare easy then, huh?" Her mother had looked gentle and demure, but her heart had been cold. Her affection was not something easily earned, and Cosette had often been the one to get the shortest end of that deal. "I’ve learned that it’s more about what’s on the inside than the outside."

She heard the growl at her words, and for a brief moment she worried she’d upset him, but his next words warmed her in a way that furs and a fire never could. He told her he wouldn’t leave her, turning his head to meet her gaze. She struggled to hold it, feeling a swell of emotion that caught in her throat. "Do you promise?" Her words were barely a whisper, afraid of the answer. How could someone she just met be so willing to take her in and help her when her own family had so willingly left her in the cold? She had always hoped that there were wolves like that out there in the world. Ones that were kind and thoughtful, but it felt surreal to have finally found someone like that. She gripped him a little tighter, as if she were afraid he might disappear.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-11-2021, 02:44 PM
Indigo wasn’t thinking about the similarities between them, he was a massive wolf, tall and heavy built with a mane that made him look even bigger. He chuckled with amusement at her observation, ”I think you’re right.” Mortis was just as soft as Indy was on the inside, but outwardly he was just as intimidating. His grandmother knew battle but also good will. Indy was still relieved that she had found him, and not someone with ill intentions. He couldn’t really tell how long she had been wandering, but she looked thin and she was obviously exhausted. Indy was glad she trusted him enough to take his offer. She deserved a nice meal and sleep in safety.

Her verdant green gaze caught his as he looked back, but she showed the uncertainty in her gaze as well as her voice. She spoke softly and carefully in reply, seeking for the promise of his words. His lips pulled back in a genuine smile and Indy felt a surge of emotion he couldn’t quite name but it was better than anything he’d felt the last few weeks. Indy wasn’t sure what he felt about fate and coincidences but he felt a little glimmer of hope. Perhaps Cosette would help him find his purpose. She had no one else to take care of her, and he was willing to take that role.

”I promise.” He told her softly as she squeezed him tighter. Indigo could feel the desperation behind her motions and he very nearly stopped there to reassure her. He wanted to get back to the Hallows and feed her up and keep her warm and safe. Unlike anyone in her family had been willing to do for her. ”Even if I have to carry you.”

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

02-11-2021, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 03:11 PM by Cosette.)

She knew deep down that a promise was really nothing more than words, no more significant than any others. It didn’t bind someone by any unseen force, but hearing him say it made her feel better anyways. His kindness could have been a ruse, but she didn’t believe that it was. Maybe she was just naive, or desperate enough that her emotions won over logic, but she’d always been that way. She always let her heart lead her, and right now her heart told her she was exactly where she was supposed to be.

"Thank you, Indigo. It feels good to have a real friend." She had never met anyone like him before, and she was glad she had met him. And even more glad that she could count on him to be there for her.

"Do you think that maybe sometimes bad things happen because the universe is trying to lead you to something better?" When the flood had happened and she found herself alone, it had been hard to think that there would ever be a bright side to it. She had been certain she wouldn’t survive, but each day passed and she thought she was moving farther and farther from where she needed to be, but now that she was here, she was starting to think it was the opposite. She still didn’t know what the future had in store for her, but she felt more confident going into it now that she wasn’t alone, now that she had someone who would be willing to carry her when she didn’t have the strength or energy to keep moving forward herself.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-11-2021, 03:53 PM
They were only words but Indigo wasn’t one to go back on his promises. He hadn’t been able to really find where he fit, only drifting along helping wherever he was needed but specializing and feeling passion in nothing. Perhaps he’d start to feel better when the spring returned but for now the winter, and being so far from Asla, had him down. Cosette was a brightness in the storm he weathered, and vowing to be better than what her family did to her was an easy vow.

She said he was a real friend. Indy felt his cheeks warm and he gave her one more smile as he mentally shook his difficult memories. He vowed to Rue he wouldn’t let what happened to her happen to another. He’d keep Cosette safe as long as she wanted him to. ”You’re welcome, Cosette. I’m glad you found me.” His chest rumbled again but it wasn’t the frustrated growl he’d uttered earlier. The sound was a pleasant tone and he smiled as he looked ahead.

Dark ears fell to his skull again as she spoke her question softly. He grit his teeth as they approached the Hallows. ”I think.. Maybe.” His heart hurt as he thought about Rue. ”It's hard not to think about the bad things though.” Indy’s voice darkened a little as he tried to banish the thought. Leaving Asla, losing Rue, they were memories that would never leave him, and both weighed heavily on the vivid violet boy.

Cosette gave him relief from both, a break in the status quo. She was vulnerable and needed help, and Indy was there and willing to help. His efforts gave him a sense of satisfaction, especially when she squeezed him around his neck. ”My aunty said when one door closes another opens, I wonder if that’s what she meant.” Indigo would give even further credit to the yearling girl’s musings.

Cosette

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vasilia

02-13-2021, 02:25 PM

Her suggestion seemed to struck a nerve, and she felt bad for bringing up any bad memories for him. She wondered what bad things he may have faced, and she hoped that she could help him the way he was helping her. She wouldn’t pry for details, she figured if he ever wanted to talk about anything, she would do her best to let him know she would be there to listen. "It’s hard for me, too." She always tried to look towards the future, and to remain positive whenever she could, but she knew first hand how hard it could be when everything looked bleak. She hated to think he might feel that way.

"I’m sorry if I upset you… It just makes it a little easier for me to think that there’s a purpose for the bad things. That it’s not all just bad for no reason." She didn’t want to think that the world worked in completely random ways, and that there wasn’t a purpose for the things that happened. The idea that it might all be completely meaningless scared her more than anything, it meant anything could happen, and that it didn’t always get better.

"Speech" || Thoughts

Indigo

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
KatG6

Wordy1K
02-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Thinking about Rue was never easy. Aslatiel helped him through the first part of his grief, and he coped enough to get on with life. He didn’t often mention to anyone that he still had nightmares about that day. How her scream continued to haunt his dreams. Maybe Cosette would help to ease the memories, he did better with company. Indigo wasn’t ready to talk about her right now, but he didn’t mind her philosophy. Dark ears lowered to his skull as she spoke similar sentiments, sometimes you had to weather the hard memories. ”It’s easier when I’m not alone.” He confessed softly, deep voice rumbling in his massive chest.

”No, don’t be afraid to say whatever is on your mind.” He told her softly as he looked back over his shoulder. ”I think it would do me well if I tried to think more like that.” Indigo smiled softly and returned his eye to the horizon, the hallows were just over the crest of the hill. You could already see the tallest of the towers.