gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantDouble Master
02-06-2021, 08:05 PM

Dómari strode through the snow, tail wagging lightly as he worked his way along the wall on another patrol. So far it had been pretty uneventful apart from a pair of squirrels that insisted on chasing each other all over creation after one removed a nut from inside the wall that the other had hidden. Dómari was so glad wolves didn't need to hide food for the winter. Speaking of food he supposed he really ought to get back to hunting some time. He'd finally gotten his mental affairs in order only for old age to start rearing its ugly head. He could feel his stamina starting to wane and his joins starting to ache. A snow storm had moved through the day before and that was really when he started to notice. He couldn't believe he was eight years old now. Where had all the time go. He felt himself again longing for one of his siblings all the while knowing he'd almost certainly never see them again.

"Speech"

Caelia

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (95)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantUnderachieverSnake EyesBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019
02-07-2021, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 05:54 PM by Caelia.)
Caelia had been relatively scarce as of late as compared to usual. The strangely intense winter that had settled over the west, bringing a rare amount of snow, had left her feeling oddly... something. Knowing precisely what she was feeling and why wasn't one of Caelia's biggest strengths, mostly because she found solace in burying her discomfort deep in her chest and hoping somehow that would rid her of any worries. Of course things never quite worked that way, but that wouldn't stop her from trying anyway. At least the presence of others always helped deter her from that mental tug-of-war, and once she stumbled across Dómari's scent she decided to trail after him and see what he was up to today.

The last time she'd really talked to him was that beach party. Her memories of that night were foggy at best, but she vaguely remembered encouraging him to talk to someone... Justice? Yes, that'd been it. Part of her wondered if he'd followed through, but she wasn't really one to pry into the affairs of others, at least not when she was sober. Crossing the snowy plains, she finally drew closer to him and offered him a faint smile and a polite dip of her head. "Dómari," she started, with all the pleasantness she reserved for packmates and few others. "Is this season treating you well so far?" It was definitely an uncharacteristic one for Valhalla and its inhabitants, and she wouldn't be surprised if others were having difficult adjusting too.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

02-13-2021, 12:29 PM

Dómari was grateful to have something to do and patrol got his body moving, helping him keep warm this chilly, winter day. He slowed as he heard someone approach and when he turned he saw Caelia. He smiled as she greeted him and he nodded. "Hello, Caelia. It's treating me well for what it is. Though, to be honest, I'm looking forward to some warmer weather. I'm excited for some spring hunting." He longed for the warmer days and the gentle spring rains not to mention the abundance of life that would come with the turning of the seasons. Of course, the down side would be the thunderstorms. He'd need to take care to clean out and fortify his den in case of flooding. "I'm just out on patrol, you're welcome to join me if you like. What have you been up to?"

"Speech"

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

02-14-2021, 07:48 PM
The best way to combat the cold was definitely to keep moving, Caelia agreed with that. Staying moving was always good for the body as well as for the mind, as far as she was concerned. He returned the smile with a small one of her own, as subdued as her expressions always tended to be. "As am I," she admitted quickly. Her coat was relatively thin, long since accustomed to the warmer climate of the west, unlike wolves that might be used to the colder parts of Boreas. She had no trouble admitting she didn't favor the cold and in fact was quite eager for spring to come make its presence known. "It's strange how dreary this place seems this winter," she admitted with shiver, one that didn't entirely come from the cold. "I'd be happy to join you. Not much else going on today." Unfortunately, she thought to herself. Never had she considered herself a thrill-seeker but these days it often felt she was simply waiting for something a little more exciting to happen, whatever that might be. She gave her coat a slight shake as she moved to join him. "Not much, really. Things have been quiet." Her tone said that she wasn't entirely pleased with that, but then again, what really could be done? Not every season would be abound with excitement no matter how hard she wished it into existence.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

02-25-2021, 07:59 PM

Dómari continued to work his way along the wall as Caelia joined him. It had been a rather quiet patrol but most of them had been. The borders lay quiet in the winter and it seemed most of the predators had moved to more fertile grounds or, in the case of the bears, were hibernating soundly. It would be a different matter in the spring when they woke up cranky and hungry. For now he was just grateful for the peace and trying not to think about his old bones. His joins were beginning to ache and when storms moved in he could really feel his age.

He nodded. "Yea, almost irritatingly quiet. Not that I wish for anything bad to happen, mind you. I just wonder if I should do more with myself. Truth be told though I'm content with life, I don't know that there's much more I feel I need to do."

"Speech"

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

03-06-2021, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 06:43 PM by Caelia.)
The strangely intense winter had a way of making her feel... well, Caelia didn't quite know the word for it. She'd been feeling restless as of late, yearning for something more - she hoped the arrival of spring might bring about some kind of change, though she wasn't feeling overly optimistic. Perhaps unlike Dómari she hadn't spent much time being grateful for the calm; she was still in the prime of her life and felt she had plenty of time left. She knew to be grateful for a comfortable, secure life but at the same time it was increasingly difficult to ignore the restlessness growing deep within her.

"Right," she agreed easily as they walked, moving a few strides forward to match the larger wolf's pace. Caelia wasn't big on small talk but she found it easier among packmates. "I wonder the same sometimes. Before my mother died..." Caelia certainly didn't talk about things like this often, and she wasn't even sure why she was now, but the words fell from her lips before she could stop them. "I felt like I'd be doing something great with my life now. Greater," she corrected herself lightly. It wasn't that she didn't have high ambitions but the route it might take to get there seemed far more complex than her younger self could've ever imagined.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

03-13-2021, 08:04 AM

Dómari continued along the path, stepping around a few iced over stones as he continued along the border. All was quiet. His movement had spooked a few birds off the wall but that was it as far as signs of life apart from the two wolves. He listened as Caelia spoke, inwardly flinching at the mention of her mother. He'd learned that Gwen had passed away and he felt bad for her children. "When you say greater do you have an idea what that means? Perhaps a higher rank?" There were plenty of open ranks higher up if there was something she planned to strive for. Dómari wasn't very ambitious in his old age. He was exactly where he wanted to be though next fall he was considering retiring. Maybe doing a little traveling but then again he didn't really know where he wanted to go.

"Speech"

Caelia

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

03-16-2021, 09:16 PM
It'd taken awhile for Caelia to really mention her mother's death out loud, and even longer to not feel completely destroyed over it as if it'd just happened. Not that the loss didn't still hurt - but the sting was lessened, replaced by something else. An uneasy worry that maybe she was letting her down? The feeling didn't sit well with her at all, which was why she'd even started mentioning anything to Domari. She really wasn't the type to talk about the inner workings of her mind with others but today apparently was an exception. Or maybe she was just changing, slowly but surely, as she got older. It was hard to say for sure.

"I mean.... I don't know. Maybe it sounds silly," Caelia started, slowing as they moved together. Her eyes swept across the wall, watching the way the sun reflected sharply off the stones. "But I told my mother, not long before she died, that I wanted to be like her. Helping run a pack. Maybe not ruling it - but being in some role like that." But truthfully she hadn't been dedicated or focused enough to do that sort of thing within Valhalla, which led her to be... what? A soldier of sorts? She didn't mind fighting; no, she enjoyed it at times and wouldn't be opposed to helping fight for her pack if it ever came down to it, but she felt like she was meant for more. Somehow, someday.

Dómari

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

03-20-2021, 07:02 PM

Dómari pondered Caelia's words for a moment, his pace slowing as his mind worked. He wanted to help but in all honesty he wasn't sure the best way to do so. Still, he could try and make a few suggestions. Maybe something would help. "I don't think Aurielle would be opposed to you trying some leadership roles within the pack. You're a marvelous fighter, perhaps you could call the warriors together for training some time?" He certainly hadn't done much in terms of training in battle lately. His focus had steered toward hunting and making sure the pack had enough food to get through the tough winter and what seemed to be a trying spring.

"Speech"