size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
02-07-2021, 03:09 PM

Even before the reaper challenge, Naiche had been considering his own rank again.  He was to assist Magnus in reaper duties yet still held the position of warrior same as some other wolves.  If he was the next best qualified for reaper then shouldn’t he have a higher rank than a warrior? Was it not his right?

Now Magnus was out, Asla was in.  Magnus had taken the role that Naiche had worked hard for and tossed it away as if the rank had little meaning.  That burned him up inside.  Asla had beat him in the fight for the station and while he hated losing he could accept that.  Naiche had done his best to rip into the warlord's daughter and felt he had once again proven his ability to handle a higher rank even if he had not won reaper.  Ever since Tamsyn had left the general position had been open.  Naiche felt it was his time to fill that spot.

Naiche ended up not asking that same day.  He had wanted that day to focus on Asla and her victory.  He also ended up busy with other matters that distracted him from finding Sirius.  Funny how his body could be in a fair amount of pain yet he felt so good.  It had been a great fight, far better than just another spar.  It had even helped ease some inner pains of Rue’s death that had stalked him.  The companionship afterward had been nice as well.

So it was the next day that came around before he sought out Sirius.  It was just an hour or so after the sun had risen.  Making his way to the shoreline he sat down and howled for the warlord.  A nice view as well as the sight of a fighting ring as a reminder of his recent battle with Asla seemed a good spot to present his request for a promotion.  Naiche would get a promotion, he had already decided it.  The young wolf had earned his promotion and he felt justified in stating it.

"Speech"

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
02-12-2021, 02:48 AM

The howl came early in the morning, as Naiche remembered and prompted the meeting Sirius had set aside for him the day before. He picked up the pace of his patrol, and then moved inland, bringing himself towards the forest-toned wolf.

There Naiche sat, his muzzle well-ripped and fresh from his fight with Asla. his eyes bright and ready, he looked like he was on the verge of vibrating with anticipation. Sirius offered the man a smile, and sat across from him. After her fight the day before, Asla had requested a position for Naiche. It was one he had already been considering for the fighter, but as he had told Asla - it was not to be gifted. It was to be earned. He had intended to offer him a challenge after the reaper position had been filled, a chance to earn General for a wolf that clearly belonged there. Somehow, time had slipped him by, leading them to this moment.

“Let me guess, Naiche. You want general.” he smirked at his young friend, a challenge in his blue eyes.

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

02-12-2021, 02:25 PM

Naiche had waited able to watch the surf to help burn the minutes it took for Sirius to reach him.  Naiche had liked these waters since the first time he saw them and the feeling of the sand under his feet.  His focus turned fully on Sirius once the man approached.  How would this discussion go?  How could it go bad?  Sirius himself had acknowledged him as the best to assist in the title of reaper so it should be an easy conclusion he deserved general, right?

For a second there was a hint of surprise and raised ears as Sirius guessed what he wanted but it only lasted for a second as Naich realized how obvious it might be.  So Sirius smirk got a small one in return from Naiche before he put back a formal look on his features.

“I do.  The general position has been open for a while now with no one stepping up for it” Naiche clearly summed up what they both knew of the job being opened then switching to stating why he would be a good match.  He kept his tone carefully formal and trying to avoid sounding as if bragging when listening off his reasons, “I’m young but I’ve also made sure to not skip a single day for training, nor let that stop me from doing my part in patrols or keeping an eye on things.  I’ve also learned about training others and can make decisions logically regardless of emotions.” Naiche’s mouth twisted again in a smirk, “Despite yesterday’s loss I’m also a damn good fighter.”  Ok, so maybe the last part had a bit of brag in it.  It had been a fun match.

Naiche wasn't assuming Sirius was unaware of his abilities but asking for a rank without stating reasons didn't sound right.  Besides, here he was giving Sirius his own impression of himself and if Sirius disagreed with any of it then Naiche wanted to hear it.  The young wolf was determined to be the best he was capable of becoming and that wouldn't happen if Naiche didn't accept criticism and hear what others saw in him.  

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
02-12-2021, 02:56 PM

Sirius nodded his head along with Naiche’s words. The position had been open for a while now, and none in the pack had shown the ambition to reach for it. It had taken a few nudges to get the pack where it was today, so who was he to deny a wolf that showed that initiative?

“What you say holds a lot of truth, Naiche. I want to give you the opportunity to earn General. I feel you would be a good fit to it, and bring a lot to the Armada if you were to hold it.” the man had grown so much from the youngling he had been when he had first joined. He had made some mistakes in his time, and him and Asla had had a few rocky starts. But he could see the man he was becoming, and was glad to have him in the pack. Who knows? Perhaps one day he would be even more to the Reaper who clearly respected him.

The meddling Warlord grinned at the thought. “So here is what I propose. The rank of General is focused heavily on the training of the pack as a whole. Now, I have sent for Tamsyn. You will give her a training lesson in fighting when she gets here. Until she does, consider what methods you might use.” it would be good to see his old friend, and he would see her give Naiche her blessing.

"Speech"

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

02-13-2021, 12:53 AM

Even though Naiche was confident in his beliefs of being qualified it felt good to hear Sirius agree.  The warlord's trust had meaning to Naiche though he didn’t bother stating it.  Actions meant more than words so he would prove his gratitude in becoming a damn fine general that Sirius could be proud of.  The armada had lost a lot of higher-up positions within a years period of time and Naiche wouldn’t repeat the failings of others.

His ears pricked up higher in pleasant surprise in hearing Tamsyn would be coming for a visit, though giving her a lesson?  He had gone to her more than once for lessons.  What could he teach her?  Was it required he teach her something or only prove he knew how to teach?  Naiche wasn’t sure about the requirement but he would find a way to make the lesson useful to her and not just an empty show.  The golden-toned wolf wasn’t sure how he would manage it but as Sirius had mentioned there was some time available.

The younger wolf grinned, “It’ll be good to see her again.” Had Sirius already planned this out before he even requested or was there another purpose? “If you’ll excuse me then, I have some preparations to make.”  Naiche wasn’t sure what preparations but he’d definitely figure it out and fast.  It had been too long since he’d seen Tamsyn and it wouldn’t do well to let her down any more than it would Sirius.

"Speech"